August 2020 Moms
Options

Due Week 1: Role Call, Chatter, GTKY etc.

edited January 2020 in August 2020 Moms
If you are due in the First Week of August 2020, (<b>8/1-8/8</b>), this is a spot for you!

For now just say, hey there, <i><b>remind us of your EDD,</b></i> and we can get everyone added to the list.  As time goes along, hopefully we can continue to chatter and connect here. ❤️

<b>GTKY:  DD (Dear Diary) -- How are you feeling?</b>   

<b>Questions: </b>

Ladies of Week 1:

@jkbrownstein EDD 7/31
@coldlife EDD 8/1
@gomillis EDD 8/1
@starlight_7 EDD 8/1
@jillfacee EDD 8/1
@sarah0985 EDD 8/2
@blackgirlmagic EDD 8/2
@Mommy2Boys87 EDD 8/2
@mc2727 EDD 8/3
@kgrgreen EDD 8/3
@mrspea16 EDD 8/3
@duck_duck_goose EDD 8/5
@scgirl6113 EDD 8/6
@kelli2687 EDD 8/7
@tyrion_ EDD 8/8
@Mkrosieo EDD 8/8
@annabanana051416 EDD 8/8
@wednesdaygirl1019 EDD 8/8
@gardengnome103 EDD 8/8
@marias0398 EDD 8/8

Re: Due Week 1: Role Call, Chatter, GTKY etc.

• Options
    I’m going by my O date so that puts me due on 8/8 (LMP puts me at 8/7 so it’s not like it’s far off). 

I’m still feeling mostly good. And super anxious. My temperament has been pretty even keeled which is nice. Hope that lasts for a while 😂

I don’t have any questions right now. Just anxious for my dang ultrasound on 12/31. 
  • Options
    I'm due 7/31 but my first was due 7/28 and born 8/12 so I assume I'll have another early August baby. 
    I'm feeling ok, appetite is wonky and I'm super tired but not surprising since I'm chasing a toddler, working full time and taking classes on the weekends. 4 days until my ultrasound!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD: 8/3

GTKY:  DD (Dear Diary) -- How are you feeling? 
    I'm feeling OK. Controlling the bit of nausea I have with flavored sparkling water. The crazy (sexual) dreams are in full effect. I had 1 before I got my BFP and another last night. I am disturbed at who was involved  :D Also, my husband has been gone all week for work and I told him I've gotten a little pooch since he's been gone. I can't wait to show him the bump (but really it's bloat).

Questions: I keep feeling things on what, I'm assuming, is my right ovary. Has anyone felt this before? It feels like little pinches a couple of times a day.
  • Options
    I should be due 8/1 according to LMP. I couldn't get an appointment until Jan 17, so I hope everything is alright!

I'm feeling pretty anxious about everything, as well as super exhausted. I've been napping when my two year old naps and going to bed at like 9am. And nauseous. This is terrible, but does anyone else feel like extra barfable while changing their toddler's diaper? 😅

@kgrgreen I have felt that before during this pregnancy and with my daughter. I couldn't tell you what it is, but at least we're not alone! 😬
  • Options
    according LMP I should be due 8/5. I have a dating ultrasound 12/30 to verify or tell me I’m nuts. 

Dear diary: I’m always tired, and always nauseous and starving at the same time. And I’m a grump. I want nothing to do with other people outside those that live with me, and specifically those I birthed previously. 

@kgrgreen those little twinges are most likely round ligament pain. It seems to start earlier with each pregnancy. Or at least that’s how mine feels. 
  • Options
    @jillface I cannot believe that you don't have an appointment till Jan. 17. That is just unfair! On the weekends I also nap when my LO naps. There have been times where I don't nap when she does and I instantly regret it when she wakes up. 
    @duck_duck_goose I agree that the RLP did start super early with this being my second pregnancy. 

EDD: 8/2

GTKY:  DD (Dear Diary) -- How are you feeling? I feel like I have my good days and I have my bad days. Generally I'm always tired. I get feelings of morning sickness, but it's more like feeling icky. But smells seriously kill me. Working in cube world does not help either. A lot of the times I just want to be by myself in silence, but my husband doesn't understand that. He always wants to be with me. 

Questions: none :)
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    @duck_duck_goose @jillface Thanks for the reassurance, ladies! I don't remember this with #1.

Another question!: Since we are the group earliest in the month, when are you planning to share the news with fam/friends/LOs? (I know this had been asked, but it's buried and sorry.) I feel like everyone is across the board on timing either due to personal preference or their EDD.
  • Options
    @kgrgreen my immediate family already knows. I don't know when the public will know. Either Valentine's Day or when we find out the sex around 20 weeks. We will tell our daughter maybe towards the end of January, I figured I would be showing more around then and not just look fat. I plan to send her in a t-shirt to daycare to let them know. They seem to ask me every month when are we going to get pregnant. Little do they know I already am! 

• Options
    @starlight_7 LOVE the name choice! It was on our short list for DD. Having a name for her will definitely make it more real. Congrats!

I really want to tell my DD. She is 3, so old enough to get what's going on. But then I feel like a dummy when I hear people say they're waiting (for good reason) to tell their LOs. Ugh. The struggle, man.
  • Options
    EDD is 8/1

GTKY:  DD (Dear Diary) -- How are you feeling?   Dear diary, I feel like crap! Mostly my mood has been good though, so that’s something. Although today I’m spending my day off at the DMV and running other unsavory errands, so I’ve been really grumpy this morning. 

Questions: Any non-baby book recommendations? Looking for a new novel. 

@kgrgreen We have told our parents and plan to tell our siblings soon.  We will tell close friends after our next ultrasound, which will be around 9 weeks. I’m still deciding about when to announce at work. I’m really close friends with my manager, and she knows all about my recent losses and fertility challenges. My only concern is that she might let it slip before I’m ready to tell anyone else. For work at large, I want to put it off as long as possible. I just feel like people take you less seriously when you’re pregnant and want to avoid that as long as I can. 

@starlight_7 What a beautiful name! 
  • Options
    EDD 8/2 - I will be having a C Section so will more than likely deliver the end of July.

I had my first ultrasound this week - HB of 150! That has helped put my mind at ease. Other than that, the morning sickness has been out of control. Food aversions have been difficult, especially during the holiday season. I tend to gravitate towards drinks with bubbles as I think they help calm my stomach. Ready for the first trimester to be over with as I feel like I am going a little crazy waking up each day feeling sick. Trying to stick to my workout routine (5 AM bootcamp), which now consists of me waking up, vomiting, saying a prayer, shoving a few saltines in my mouth and hoping I can hold it together through the workout. So ready for the first trimester to be over with!
  • Options
    EDD: 8/8/20

GTKY: I'm feeling okay. I haven't had much of an appetite the last few days, and then today I feel like I could be eating constantly and never feel full. I have been exhausted though, and falling asleep on the couch after work every evening. My husband keeps saying to go take a walk on the treadmill, but between being tired and not eating much I just don't have the energy. Plus my cats have been snuggly lately, and I just can't move them once they've decided to sit on me!

@starlight_7 I love the name you've picked out! I've also had a list of names going for many years, so you aren't alone in that!

@kgrgreen We haven't told anyone yet. Well, I did put myself down on a waitlist for daycare already (we have a shortage of infant spots in our area) but I don't think that really counts. There's no way I will announce over Christmas; my mom will tell literally everyone she knows and I don't want to deal with fallout if something happens. I'd like to wait until my birthday in January when I'll be 11-12 weeks and will have had a first appointment with my midwife. I think we'll announce to close friends soon after that. I have NO idea what to do about work yet. I do home visits and go into schools/daycares all day long, so I feel like all of those moms/teachers will figure it out pretty quickly, but I don't know when I should be bringing it up to my actual boss.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    EDD is 8/8.

I’m feeling generally ok so far. Most unpleasant symptom is a gross taste in my mouth. Brushing teeth doesn’t help. Last pregnancy mint gum helped, but this time it tastes too sweet to me and I don’t like it. Otherwise just tired and mild food aversions. And anxiety has been up and down, likely will be anxious until ultrasound, which isn’t until 1/20. It was supposed to be 1/13 but got pushed back... 
  • Options
    @annabanana051416 For the bad taste in your mouth, could you try sucking on actual mints? I like doing that way better than chewing on gum (which, in my opinion, just leaves a bad taste in my mouth anyway). And there’s nothing gross to get rid of, when you’re done with it! 
    If you’re interested, here’s a pic (below in the spoiler) of my favorite brand. I carry them everywhere I go! 

• Options
    tyrion_tyrion_ member
    edited December 2019
    @annabanana051416 I have a weird taste in my mouth, too. It’s driving me to drink tons of water because it’s almost like a dry mouth and I feel like my teeth and tongue need to be brushed. It’s not great. 

Edit: spelling 
  • Options
    @starlight_7 thanks, I will try that!
  • Options
    @starlight_7 For me I tried something similar but it made my mouth have even more of an aftertaste/coated feeling. I’ll just have incredible oral hygiene with extra brushing 😂
  • Options
    Hi ladies nice to meet y’all! Edd 8/8

@tyrion_ ugh I really understand the untelling. 

Personally I wait until after the 12 week mark to tell close family and friends and then around 20 to start telling others. 

DD: I’m tired, light headed and have a constant headache. Grateful to not have any morning sickness though. 
  • Options
    Due date August 2

GTKY:  DD (Dear Diary) -- How are you feeling?  
    I’m feeling pretty awful. My first pregnancy I had some issues and was on heart medication. It started in 3rd trimester. But I’m already feeling similar to it. Its Got me a little worried but trying to remember the first trimester can have similar symptoms to what I had  

Questions: Nothing really. 

I already told my parents, sisters, and 2 coworkers who knew I was supposed to be out for a surgery that got cancelled due to pregnancy. So I explained why
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options
    Due date 8/8

How am I feeling? Ok. I'm thirsty all of the time. I feel like I'm constantly chugging water. I am tired, but I honestly don't know if it's because of the pregnancy or because of my crazy work schedule.

We are planning on telling close family on Christmas. I have a doll baby and a diaper wrapped up for my mother and MIL. If they don't get it right away, I'll just tell them they may want to practice before August 😉
  • Options
    @sarah0985 If you don't mind me asking, what heart medication were you on? I was put on propranolol my 3rd trimester for tachycardia and palpitations.
  • Options
    Hey!! Due 8/7. I'm moody, exhausted  (because I can't sleep for more than 3-4 hours at night before I'm up the rest of the night tossing and turning), nauseous all day long, and super anxious because we miscarried the end of September at 12 weeks😢 I'm so not in the holiday spirit which makes me sad because I have a very sweet 3 and almost 2 year old that could be enjoying it so much more if I had energy. I just need this 1st trimester to be over!
  • Options
    Hi ☺️

Due 8/6 but will have a csection sometime in July. 

DD/GTKY. .. so nauseous. I also think some of it is related to not eating enough but the nausea makes me not want to eat. When i can eat... I feel like I can only take two bites and then I’m full. 

@co@coldlife teeth brushing is a Trigger for me also. I have found it to be SIGNIFICANTLY better though if I do not use mint toothpaste. Hello bubblegum princess toothpaste 😂😂😂
    Baby Boy 3 is on the way! 
    Due 1/21/17
  • Options
    @kgrgreen I was on metaprolol. I had it for tachycardia and palpitations too. I was miserable and non-functioning for weeks before I knew something was wrong and wasn’t just “pregnant tired”  I take propranolol now for migraine prevention so hopefully it would be containing some of the start? 
    I’ve had 2 days already though where I felt the exact same. Here’s to hoping our hearts handle the increased stress just fine!
    CP September 2019
  • Options
    @sarah0985 Yes, good luck with everything! I've had mild palpitations in these first few weeks. Then when the episode is over, I'm just SO tired. I know exactly what you're saying. I got off propranolol earlier this year when we started ttc and hoping I don't have to pick it back up again. Maybe the second tri will be kinder to us :)
  • Options
    @kgrgreen we won’t tell family until Valentine’s Day at the earliest. The only people who know other than my husband is my work, and, consequently, by closest friends (because we work together). The only reason my work knows is because of what I do. It’s hard to keep secrets when you have to avoid a good chunk of what you do. 
  • Options
    Im due 08/08
  • Options
    Hi, everyone! I'm 9 weeks today...due August 3rd, but having a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks.
  • Options
    Due Week 1, we are slacking! :)
    Let's bump this thread like the other weeks with a GTKY: What is your guilty pleasure?

Mine is the Real Housewives (OC, BH, NJ). H makes fun of it the entire time so I usually kick him out of the room so I can watch my trash in peace!
  • Options
    @kgrgreen oh most definitely reality tv for me too! The challenge, big brother, survivor, bachelor (and all related franchises), the amazing race. My husband hates them all and makes fun of me too. 

and rewatching friends 50 million times
    CP September 2019
  • Options
    My guilty pleasure would be Blue Bell Moolinium Crunch ice cream, with Hazelnut-flavored Coffee Mate creamer mixed in, and Heath Bar Magic Shell topping. If I could pause this pregnancy for one meal, that would be what I would eat! 😂
  • Options
    The Bachelor/ette and the various spinoffs (Pad, Paradise, Winter Games). 

I started watching during Ben Flajnik's season. I used to watch completely unspoiled, but I started reading Reality Steve somewhere around Becca's season or shortly after. This season, with the promos and everything, it seems like it's going to different. I hope it's not just hype!
  • Options
    ohhhh jumping on the reality shows guilty pleasure!! I loooove me some teen mom and 16 and pregnant reruns. 😍 
    I think I am one of like 6 people who was sad to see Farrah leave. Not because I liked her, because she was a terrible person, but because she was a train wreck that I couldn’t look away from. 😬
  • Options
    @duck_duck_goose Agree with Farrah leaving. I sometimes stumble across her instagram account and still get so cringey at her posts. Chelsea is my all-time favorite. So adorable, a good mom, and now entrepreneur.

@starlight_7 I had to look up this flavor... YUM! When you mix in the creamer, does it basically turn into a milkshake then? I'm personally Ben & Jerry's for life. Chocolate chip cookie dough, The Tonight Dough, Chunky Monkey.

@coldlife & @sarah0985 I did The Bachelor long ago (like Trista, the Firestone guy, etc.) and then Chris Soules and Nick Vialle. I don't really know why I stopped haha Again, great drama/trash to watch :) I heard this season will "not be like the rest". Maybe I should re-invest myself!
  • Options
    Add me to the reality show guilty pleasure as well. I tell my husband on that stressful days I just want to turn my mind off and watch my shows. I use to watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette but I just haven't like the past few seasons, but I do love BIP! 

• Options
    My guilty pleasure is sugary coffee drinks from Starbucks, etc. If I’m having a bad week I’ll end up tearing myself to one nearly every day. Luckily one of my pregnancy symptoms has been a major coffee aversion so I’m not as tempted, but I know the temptation will rear its head once my MS goes away.