May 2020 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-In | Dec 16

2»

Re: PGAL Check-In | Dec 16

• Options
    MFM called back.  She called the lab and they said the results could take another week!!  
  • Options
    @pirateduck WTH, how is that even possible?? A month for amnio results seems really unusual and I'm so sorry you're dealing with this.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sooo... I think, if I understand right, once the have the amniotic fluid it goes to a lab and then from that they grow a bunch of cells until they have enough/high enough concentration to test.  The MFM said that the lab said that it took a long time to grow enough cells from my sample.  Once they have enough I think the genetic testing is then the standard 7-10 business days after that.  So I guess we are still waiting.
  • Options
    @pirateduck I guess that makes sense. And you really just want accurate results, so even though this sucks (totally sucks), it's probably worth being patient over. We're all anxious for you/with you. ❤❤
  • Options
    Damn @pirateduck I'm sorry you're stuck waiting another week! That super sucks!
  • Options
    @pirateduck Oh no! I'm so sorry you have to wait another week! Waiting indefinitely is terrible!
  • Options
    I really want to just announce my pregnancy to the world, but I want these results first so I have time to process it all before everyone I see/talk to wants to comment on or congratulate me on my pregnancy.  I don’t wanna talk about the uncertainty (or something bad) 100 times in a day because I’ve just announced it.  Close friends and family know, but definitely far from everyone.  I think it will be a full month from the amnio and 2 months from the time I found out I was SMA carrier by the time I get answers.  Maybe after this my insomnia can improve some too.  Maybe.
  • Options
    Ugh @pirateduck I'm so so sorry you're having to wait so long!  I hope the week goes by quickly!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3