July 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms w/o 12/16

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 12/16

• Options
    I've been using when I think about it Wholesome Pro.  Mostly, I'm just trying to see how many calories I'm intaking.  I'm overweight and while my Ob evidently thinks I can gain 25lb everything else I read says I need to gain 11 to 15.

Not being fanatical about it but know it all adds up. It also suggests nutrients I'm not getting.  At the point of feeling good enough to think this is realistic. 
  • Options
    Oooof. I can't even think about tracking anything related to food right now. If I think about something I ate yesterday, it will make me barf. Last pregnancy, I tracked my weight, and honestly, toward the end you start swelling and gaining weird amounts and there's really no point. That's not medical advice obviously lol but I found it kind of pointless. How much you gain during pregnancy (and how easily/not easily you lose it afterwards) seems so much more connected to genetics than anything else. Seems like you can eat healthy and gain "a lot" or eat like shit and not gain "a lot." Feel free to ignore me, I feel like poop today. Meh.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rachelredhead Last pregnancy I used MyFitnessPal, to track calories, exercise and weight (gain) goals all in one place.
    I believe 2 years later you have to pay a fee for some of the premium features, but what I really liked is they had an extensive database of existing packaged foods and even restaurant foods which you could auto add. (And an easy one-click barcode scanner, which has almost everything you can imagine pre-set; just configure the serving size). You can also create your own common meals and save for easy add.

It synced to my iwatch for daily exercise and walking calorie burn - or you can input things manually. And, if you enter weight goals (lose, maintain, gain) it adjusts your daily calorie recommendation according to how you’re trending.

The other tool I used and liked is the pregnancy weight gain tracker (under tools) on Baby Center. My personal objective (and I realize everyone’s is different) was to stay below 25 lbs gained, and the combo of these tools and trackers helped me to achieve this + was a daily reminder to get enough protein and other balanced nutrients which baby and I needed.
  • Options
    I just reached out to my photographer friend to schedule a quick mini session at the end of January (after first ultrasound) for an announcement photo. She has taken my kids' pics for 10 years, did our wedding, (and a shot of patron with us after she was done!) and is so awesome. I just love her. 
  • Options
    Also, the daily comparison for week 8 is dumb. There are a lot of things that could fit on a penny. Give me something solid. I usually screenshot these and send to DH, but this week has been super dumb. 

• Options
    @rachelredhead I use MyFitnessPal which is free. I’ve used it for an extremely long time and through many stages of weight loss/exercise/maintenance I’ve thought about using it recently just to see how much I’m eating daily as to my aversions keeping me from eating exactly wha to wish I could. But I highly suggest it! 
  • Options
    mehugg said:
    @modoodles et Al, we've been telling family and friends in person when we get a chance and I've told some close with people. We'll continue doing that as we see people who mean the most to us around the holidays, and then do a social media post around the end of the first tri in January (I'm noodling on a Baby Yoda theme....)

second on baby yoda! i just ordered this maternity tee shirt with baby yoda over the belly
    "expecting a baby in July, we are" though we might wait until A/S in february..will see how long we can hold off!
  • Options
    @modoodles that seems like a good one to me. Maybe it's b/c I haven't seen any of the others? What other things have been used for comparison? 
  • Options
    @blaf322 other past examples have been a jellybean, dry macaroni noodle, earbud, honeybee, chocolate chip. All of which would fit on a penny, I just like to see the bigger size every day. It feels too broad to me. But I might be crazy LOL. 
  • Options
    @modoodles ah... so this is for total size... I was thinking length! That makes sense.
  • Options
    modoodles said:
    Also, the daily comparison for week 8 is dumb. There are a lot of things that could fit on a penny. Give me something solid. I usually screenshot these and send to DH, but this week has been super dumb. 

YES!!! that was a weird week. i said to DH--if there's one more coin comparison i am going to lose it!

• Options
    @asf0613 Yes! I think yesterday or two days ago was a dime?? Come on! 
  • Options
    Yep 8+2 is a dime. Which is me today. Boo.  :D
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited December 2019
    I knew nothing about this daily fact until now! My baby could fit through the end of a paper towel tube, apparently. That seems huge lol
  • Options
    asf0613asf0613 member
    edited December 2019
    my daily random is that i told my bosses last week (or was it two weeks ago?)
    we have our company party on friday and the main office (where they work out of) and our new office (that i run) will all be together, and i have not told anyone else in the company yet that im expecting, even though we are a very small group and all close.

one of my bosses texted me today asking if she can help me "fake drink" during the party and i just thought it was so sweet!  I mean, i had been thinking of this for weeks already and have my plan set, but i just thought it was a nice gesture!  Cant wait to see her smirking across the table all night when i order my "champagne" (ginger ale in a champagne flute)    :smile:

*edited to get my facts straight about when my party is.  i don't even know what i was typing!
  • Options
    @asf0613 I always like drinking shirley temples as a mocktail too.... though, I bet you get more questions about that than you would a champagne flute with ginger ale.
  • Options
    @modoodles I am LOL at that picture... pretty much sums things up for me right now! I might have even looked like that when I went to my appointment today 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

I have never heard of these daily facts either. I’m going to have to look it up now! 

• Options
    Does anyone know when BMBs start doing HDBD? Obviously don’t want to start posting too early, I just don’t know what’s “normal”. I would say I have a bump at almost 10 weeks but it’s 100% from overeating at our endless holiday functions over the past month lol
  • Options
    I have a girls night tonight that I'm looking forward to but not ready to share with most of the people who will be there.  I enlisted a good friend that we told to cover for me - we will order the same wine and she will drink both.  I don't drink cocktails and while I'm not a big drinker it will look weird for me to not have anything but club soda so hopefully no one will catch on.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @b_1029 I just looked back and it looks like we started when the earliest EDD's were into 13w (we've got folks at 11 and, I think, early iinto 12 weeks now)... maybe give it another couple of weeks?

That said, if folks really want to show off what they have going on now, go for it! Those who don't want to participate don't have to :smile: 
  • Options
    @b_1029
    I think my last BMB started around 12 weeks too.  A lot of people (especially FTMs) weren't showing then, but people who were did their pics.  I am 8 weeks today and have a very nice bloat bump going on...not sure if anyone wants to see that.  haha
  • Options
    @JessDG today I notices a cute little bump but its more likely to be just bloating over my belly fat... pretty sure no one would like to see that... not even me :smiley:
  • Options
    @laurad75 I did the wine thing with MH a few weeks ago at a work party. I think it worked? I hope no one catches on to you tonight!
  • Options
    I also have a bloat baby going on. I feel like first thing in the morning will be a good indicator for me if it’s actually a bump or bloat when the time comes. If I check at any other point during the day it’s probably most definitely bloat lol I think 12 weeks is when I remember the HDBD posts as well from my other 2. 

• Options
    @stlbuckeye132 my lunch ain't gonna cut it today either.. Taco Bell sounds much better. 
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 mmm Taco Bell sounds SO good  :#
  • Options
    You taco lovers ladies should definitely book a flight to Mexico asap and have some real street tacos.... :yum: even breakfast tacos, you just can't get enough.... 
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 I had Taco Bell yesterday! It sounded so good and it was 😄 for some reason I always get melted cheese cravings when I’m pregnant so their nachos and cheese are my go to 🤤

• Options
    My stomach stopped being able to digest Taco Bell years and years ago.  I can't even look at that place without having a stomach ache!  I miss it...so cheap. 
  • Options
    Also will now be having Taco Bell for lunch. 😂
  • Options
    I should have had Taco Bell. I went to a new salad place and picked a super healthy option and it definitely tasted healthy but not at all satisfying. I’m definitely gonna need to hunt down snacks before I go to the gym later (typing it so that I have a tiny sliver of accountability). 
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 Congratulations! That sounds like a big decision but I’m sure it will all work out! 

I’m thinking I might need some more Taco Bell soon but @stlbuckeye132 that stinks about the burnt chips!! Not cool! 

• Options
    @nursejenn5 Congratulations! That is wonderful. It seems overwhelming now, but these things oddly have a way of working out. 

I usually love the Old El Paso taco kits, but I am avoiding tacos at the moment. Burgers are in my future for supper tonight. My parents came in and took me to lunch. Fish and chips with chipotle tartar sauce. I regret nothing!