February 2020 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: High Chairs

• What do you like about your current highchair?
  • What do you dislike?
  • What feature is a must-have? (Swivel wheels, adjustable height, converts into a booster...)

TTC#1
10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

Re: Product Spotlight: High Chairs

• Options
    We have the Ingenuity ChairMate High Chair. It attaches to a chair and can be used as a booster. You can take it to restaurants which is nice. But overall, I absolutely hate it. Food gets under the cover, in the grooves of the buckle, and somehow smashed into the handle on the sides that are used to adjust the height of the chair. After using it with two children I think I’m going to toss it and get a wooden high chair that will be easy to clean. 
  • Options
    We have an Eddie Bauer in a dark walnut color. I love that it looks like a piece of furniture and not an ugly plastic eye sore. Dislike that the padding on the chair slides down and is difficult to clean. Dislike how much space it takes up in our tiny townhouse. We still have it and I will probably use it again just because I can't see replacing it for no reason, but I wish I'd have just gotten a clip-on travel chair and stuck it to the table instead of a separate piece of furniture.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @craftywitch I remember when Target used to sell this chair. My SIL has it (bought in 2014). Looks like Eddie Bauer stopped making baby gear a few years ago?!

I think I am going to go with the Chicco Polly Progress 5 in 1. Walmart has it at $99.99 instead of $199.99.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Options
    I have the Graco DuoDiner 3-in-1 high chair.

What I liked: The straps were easy to remove and wash (we ended up keeping them off because she wasn't a climber and it was easier than cleaning them).  The seating cover is like a vinyl material which wipes clean easily.  Easy to clean is the #1 most important thing with a high chair in my opinion!  It also has adjustable heights to match whatever your table height is and adjustable footrest for baby as he/she grows.

We never used it as an infant recliner seat or as a booster seat so I can't comment on those features.

We also have a Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster Seat that we bring with us on vacations (and have since she was like 9 months old) and is my 2.5 year old's booster seat on the stools at the kitchen counter where we eat all our meals.  It has a removable tray and the back folds down to save space when traveling or to store in a closet or somewhere.  Super easy to clean and takes up very little space.
  • Options
    Chicco Caddy Hook-On Chair, Red https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000A7V1EM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_UpA8DbXXYBRVX 
    We’ve had this since my first kid for when we go out to eat and love it. It’s great for when they can sit up but are still too floppy/small for a restaurant high chair. It’s easy to put on and off and secure.
    We just have a very basic graco high chair it does recline a bit  for our house and we also have Ingenuity Baby Base 2-in-1 Seat - Cashmere - Booster Feeding Seat https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F2PGLVQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_RuA8Db7TGG4CM
    we used the booster with tray on the counter for when we first started introducing food and then when the big her kid was tall enough to reach the table they used it as a booster and younger kid used the highchair. DS1 just stopped needing the booster at our table and I’ll probably keep DS2 in it until the new baby can sit up comfortably in the high chair. 
  • Options
    We have the Evenflo Symmetry High Chair
    https://www.target.com/p/evenflo-174-symmetry-high-chair/-/A-51074937?preselect=50557670#lnk=sametab

Pros - it has a nice big tray that is easy to clean. It also supposedly can fold up but we've never done that.

Cons - I really hate this high chair because it has so many nooks and crannies and is difficult to clean. The fabric is not removeable so you have to scrub it with a hard brush. It says dishwasher safe but I'm unclear what part would fit in a dishwasher so that is b.s. 

I am in a situation like @craftywitch where I hate the high chair but do not really want to waste resources on getting a second one. I mean we only really used it for a year maybe, 6 mos - 18 mos and then DD just sat on a booster at the table. We will see what kind of mood I'm in 7 months from now when we are starting to think about food.

Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Options
    I so appreciate this Fuller House gif. 🙃

We have the Chicco Polly high chair. Haven’t used it in a while, but it does take up some space. It’s otherwise easy to use and cleans easily. You can take the seat padding off and wipe it down, and we would take the chair outside and just hose it off if it got super messy. The tray is a fine size but not all baby plates fit on it - especially the silicone ones that are divided. But it worked well for us and we will be using it again. 

I also used it to sit DS in with a toy while
    I did stuff in the kitchen! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    @jvk2012 that’s the one we got at our shower- glad to hear you like it overall. I like the option to recline...we’ll see how it goes!
  • Options
    We have the 4 Moms Highchair. 
    Pros: Super easy to clean, adjusts low to high. Straps are easy to remove to wash. Tray can be take off and put on one handed (it has magnets that keep it on). Tray adjusts in and out.
    Cons: The back is not adjustable. It does not collapse for storage. The magnet tray is not strong enough to keep your kid from taking things off it.
    Must Have: Easy to clean I think is a must