February 2020 Moms

December symptoms

Re: December symptoms

• I was told to go for an NST only if I landed really hard or on my belly OR if I experienced any bleeding, cramping, or lessened movement. 
  • @mandk1233 yes to everything! Better safe than sorry :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kper82 I feel you, girl! My husband commented about my increased tears recently because he is worried I am getting depressed. I told him I am not depressed, just tired, emotional, and super uncomfortable. 
  • @mandk1233 Yes to all of those things. And I feel like a fool being overly emotional all the time so I try and hide it, but that just makes it worse! Being sleep deprived and hormonal is a terrible combo. Can't imagine how it'll be postnatal.. 
  • @kper82 hahaha with my first, I knew that the milk coming in can make you super emotional, but I wasn't ready for it :p I was weepy all day, and it got so bad in the evening that my hubby took the baby and sent me upstairs for a hot bath and alone time lol 😂
  • @misstree5 Can't wait lol! 😂
  • Add me to the highly emotional. That Apple commercial kills me. So does the movie Coco and most Christmas songs/books and really most children’s books. 
  • Be safe people! Do the penguin walk.

It looks like all my weight gain is going to my legs. Could be some swelling too but I was horrified.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• +1 to being super emotional! I started sobbing uncontrollably last night because I realized at some point (in the far away future) this baby will love someone else more than they love me...
  • My face had cleared up and is now back to acne city. 😩
  • @misstree5 your husband sounds like a good man!

If anybody wants a good cry I highly recommend watching Toy Story 3. The ending kills me no matter how many times I see it.
  • @doodleoodle he is pretty awesome :) and it was much needed alone time lol ...I hope the emotions aren't as bad the second time around, but at least I know he is there to help when I need it.
  • I’ve been weepy too. My half sister sent me bibs for this baby for Christmas and I sobbed for a solid half hour and sent her a ridiculously long text message. Apparently I’m upset that second babies aren’t “celebrated” as much as our first. I weeped over the fact that the baby book has 2 (blank) pages to drop in shower things. DS’s book is jam packed with cards and love letters and my MIL even hired a professional photographer. This baby has 1 Amazon note in his- thinking of tearing these pages out...
  • @craftywitch just cover those pages up with pictures and mementos. He’ll never know.
  • Swiftlet said:

Can I get an amen?
    Amen! Preach it sister! 
  • @kper82 I think we should revive the “why my pregnant self is crying”
    thread. Today I started crying a little with feeling overwhelmed etc and then felt a little better...but just couldn’t stop crying! I felt so silly but it’s like my brain was telling me nope, not done yet! 
  • @Swiftlet I had the same cry last night. Just couldn’t stop. 
    @doodleoodle toy story 3 gets me every time not pregnant. Pregnant me got up to do something in the other room at the end so my kids didn’t see me sobbing. 
  • +1 on the emotional crying. Didn't sleep from 1am to 5:30am due to back pain and feeling wide away (husband SNORING!!!!) and at 3am I bawled my head off and declared "I'm never going to sleep ever again!" 
    Also coming down with a could, the extremely sore throat hurts worse with crying. Which I do all the time. 
    Jesus take the wheel. 
    Still over 6 weeks until due date. 
  • SwiftletSwiftlet member
    edited December 2019
    @foreveronyourside oh no :disappointed: my husband snores sometimes too and I could just about suffocate him with a pillow even when not pregnant and having trouble sleeping!
  • @Swiftlet like it kills me to see him sleeping like a baby haha. Oh and now I have a terrible cold!! 
  • So emotional. My mom has cancer and that plus holidays plus pregnancy plus H who is presently driving me crazy (probably a mix of justified on my part and also just hormones) has had me crying basically all weekend. 
  • @optimism3 I'm sorry to hear about ur moms cancer. Cancer sucks 
  • @optimism3 stay strong! Take some time for yourself this holiday season (even an hour or two a day will help you ground yourself!) 

New symptom! Never had this with my first....spotting after sex (34 weeks ) ...it's not as scary as it is earlier in pregnancy, but it never makes you feel good to see ..thankfully it was just pink, and pretty much nothing this morning 
  • I have been SUPER irritable for the last few weeks. Like every little thing that anyone does drives me to the edge. I'm glad I'm on my anxiety meds this time around because I can't imagine how much worse I would be without them. 😂
  • There’s no room in my stomach for anything extra. If I eat an actual meal or have the tiniest bit of gas I am in pain. 😩
  • @kjeepers87 omg so irritable here too. Every little thing DH does drives me nuts 😬
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • +1 for being SO emotional. My 6 year old is still going through this weird sleeping phase and I have to lay with her for a bit before she goes to sleep but every night while laying there I tear up thinking about how there is only 1 more month or so of JUST her. I am so nervous for the change the baby is going to bring to our family and don't want in any way for her to feel neglected or anything and I literally cry about it everynight. lol Damn hormones.
  • @doodleoodle ugh, yes! It’s hard when you’re mentally hungry but even a small meal makes you painfully full :disappointed:
  • Well, I gave in and finally got some antibiotics for this sinus infection. I feel like someone punched me on my left side of my face, and I cannot take being sick anymore. I can't even remember the last time I've needed antibiotics (8 years ago???). I am thankful for that. Mostly just complaining and hoping the rest of you are feeling much better than I have been.
  • @huskervbfan I feel like I have been on more antibiotics this pregnancy than the rest of my life combined. The latest round is because I was developing mastitis. 😢
  • I think I need to try using Breathe Right strips. I can breathe through my nose fine all day but as soon as I lay down I can’t and have to start mouth breathing. H may kill me if I keep snoring!
  • mandk1233mandk1233 member
    edited December 2019
    @ibabyloveb87 🙋‍♀️ I think mine is a combination of not sleeping, having an insanely busy fall between work and school, and the last couple of days being pretty crazy.

ETA I am also on antibiotics for mastitis, so that could also be contributing. 
  • @ibabyloveb87 - Me too...I'm not sleeping at night and can't seem to nap during the day. I am just in a state of tired.
  • @mandk1233 Oh I hope you feel better soon!  Mastitis would really suck especially without baby helping to get things moving. I had NO idea you could develop that before the kiddo arrives, but it makes sense. On the bright side of things, only 5 weeks(approx) left! 
  • @huskervbfan I didn't either. Thought maybe I had somehow managed a clogged duct, but then I had my OB look at it and she said it looked like I was developing mastitis. She told me that breast tissue is more susceptible to infection during these hormonal changes. I looked it up after and turns out that for whatever reason the hormonal changes make it more likely that debris will build up.

On the plus side, 3 days into my antibiotics and the pain, swelling, etc. is already gone. Here's hoping this means I don't get it again while breastfeeding. And, yes, 5 weeks tomorrow before this little one is due!! 🥰
  • +1 for being a walking zombie