July 2020 Moms
Options

December STM+ Check-In

2»

Re: December STM+ Check-In

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: July 17 is my guess of an EDD, forget what that makes in weeks and days

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DD1 is 3 and DD2 is fifteen months 

How is/are your kid(s) doing? They’re just starting to fight all the time. DD2 is pretty rough and often tackles DD1 and DD1 doesn’t share well, so lots of screaming over here. They’re amazing little girls though! 

Any questions/concerns? Just a little crazy to think of the logistics of three, we’ll need a bigger car and have to move to a bigger place 

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month? Taking DD1 to see the nutcracker, polar express with both girls, and hoping to go see frozen 2!
  • Options
    EDD July 27th 6 weeks +2

How old are your other kids? My son Torrin is 6. 

How are your kids doing? Pretty good! He's been kind of attitude like lately. I think he's really tired from school. He's excited about christmas and the baby. His name ideas are just awful 😂😂. Winnie and Ralph. 

Questions or concerns? I'm concerned about staying at my job for 38 weeks of pregnancy 😂 Dear God help me

Fun activities this month? Oooo yes, always in December. I do weekly baking all this month and we disperse them at our jobs and to friends. I'm planning a cookie decorating party for my friends and neighbors to come to and I will be wearing my pregnancy shirt! Of course family parties and such. We might go see Santa Friday. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @NinnyJean mine are the same ages as yours! Also concerned about logistics. We have the big car already but we already outgrew our house with just 2 kids. Thinking about having them share a room but really not sure how I feel about that...
  • Options
    @zande2016 I'm going to have to shift rooms here since we ran out of bedrooms so my two daughters are going to end up sharing. I think they will love it but I'm also sad too and wonder if they will resent it one day since at one point they all had their own rooms.
  • Options
    @enchantindragon i was feeling good about them sharing a room, until last night when the younger one woke up SCREAMING at 4 am, and I realized if they were sharing a room he would've woken up the older one. we are hoping to move in the spring but we will see if that happens. 
  • Options
    OMG... the car thing is a source of contention for us right now lol... DH currently has a 3 series BMW that will not fit 2 car seats b/c that backseat is a joke so he's looking at a 7 series. Ummmm.... stop being so extra. We got a much bigger house back in February (so, much bigger mortgage) and don't need to be spending all that money. Just get a normal, good quality, sedan or SUV and be done. You can upgrade to whatever luxury car you want in a few years when our daycare bill isn't a freakin' mortgage payment!

He's looking to buy used and it'll only be about $10-15k out of pocket once we sell his car, but still! So freakin annoying. He should have gotten a big enough car when we got our cars 4 or 5 years ago.
    ::End Rant:: :D 
  • Options
    @blaf322 my husband got a brand new car in January and it's a hatchback but we could probably fit 3 across if we had to (although we likely never will, because they just ride in my car 100% of the time). Still, he told me we must trade it for an SUV now that we will have 3. I shut that down real fast. I told him no more car buying until we drive these into the ground. he LOVES shopping for cars. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 @enchantindragon and anyone concerned about room sharing, I shared a room with my sister until I was in 7th grade when our oldest sister moved out for college, and we (mostly) loved it! 
  • Options
    @blaf322
    We are having this argument right now too.  DH wants a truck.  First of all, even with a full cab, the car seats would be tight.  Second of all, it would never fit in our garage.  Third of all, he commutes to the DC area every day....hello gas costs.  I refuse to even entertain it...so he is still driving around a 13 year old camry.  I would love to get a subaru forester since it is roomy and has great gas mileage. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 haha... MH is not listening to me, AT ALL with the car thing. And when he talks to me about how cool it is that the car has automatic sun shades, I want to throat punch him :D
    But he really does have to get a new different car. If he kept this one, we'd have to FF DD and put her behind him so the baby could go behind the passenger seat. She'd, literally, be able to kick him in the head while he drives bc he's so tall lol

I'll admit this to you guys only.... realistically, we'd have to pay that much out of pocket for an SUV anyway so, unless it turns into a PITA where he's having to fix it all the time because he "got a good deal" I won't be mad. But I'll never let on to him lol
  • Options
    @JessDG definitely not encouraging YH getting a truck because you have plenty of reasons why it doesn't make sense, but I will say MH has an F150 and I have a Forester and his truck has way more room for car seats than my car does. :grimace: (His truck also doesn't fit in our garage though.) 
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132
    Yeah, I think it would be fine for carseats if he got a huge one, but he is very big into having the car in the garage.  So...who knows why he is still on this.  
  • Options
    @NinnyJean we just bought an suv. I'm going to miss my sedan. :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh I'm thinking we're going to need a new vehicle too. I've been avoiding thinking about it, but perhaps it's time to start shopping around. My husband drove an old hand me down van for years (as a bachelor with no kids  :D), it juussst died right in time for us to buy a van that we actually need.. hahah. 
  • Options
    i have to admit, i drive a minivan. we bought a really nice SUV when # 2 was born and a few months later some asshole driving an oil truck t-boned my husband and totaled the car. since we had it only a few months we lost money on it and decided to go the cheaper route. i am glad we did it since now we really need the space, but i had to accept that i am not that cool anyway so it's no big deal to drive the mom mobile. 
  • Options
    Pascal86Pascal86 member
    edited December 2019
    My kids love sharing a room so much that we’re  legitimately considering putting all three of them in the same room when the new one gets here (after being in our room for a long time). 

Obviously this depends on a few things and wouldn’t last forever, but I would feel bad putting them in separate rooms, they’re so happy together. And I was worried about the crying thing, but my 3 year old has slept through almost 100% of her baby sister’s crying. And one time she showed me how she covers her ears at night when the little one cries, if it does wake her up. I think kids having their own rooms is a relatively new thing in human history, and it’s totally fine, but they’re likely pretty adaptable to sharing.

Also I don’t want to give up my office. 😬
  • Options
    @zande2016 I'm going to drive my Forester into the ground, but once it's done, I fully plan on getting a van. I can't wait. Those sliding doors just really turn me on!! :joy:
  • Options
    @zande2016 I am really thinking of getting a van.  We have an expedition and I love it...but I just see how convenient it would be to have a van. I just want to drive one for week and see how it goes! lol 
  • Options
    @zande2016 No minivan shame here! I'm like @stlbuckeye132 and actually am looking forward to the day when we have a van. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 my bestie just got a new van with all the bells and whistles and she loooooves it! I just cant get on the minivan bandwagon yet. Though, I might change my mind with 2 lol
  • Options
    @Pascal86 okay, so now I know you're crazy lol

Just kidding. You do what works for your family!
  • Options
    @blaf322 well my options are to put three in one room or give up my office so I’m working hard to justify it. 😂 We really might try it but I’m sure it would be fairly short lived. We love our property and want to rebuild a bigger home one day, but not quite there yet financially, so trying to make it work for now!

But I do think that with just 2, they absolutely should be given the opportunity to try sharing, it’s really lovely to see them enjoy the space together. 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: July 25 but I’m not positive that’s correct. Will confirm on Monday.

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DD is 3.5. DS1 is 2. DS2 is 10 months.

How is/are your kid(s) doing? They’re just your typical crazy toddlers. Life is total chaos 100% of the time but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Any questions/concerns? My car situation is going to be a nightmare. I can fit 4 in the
    back rows but it’s going to be a real pain to get kids in and out. It already is. Never really wanted to be the minivan mom but 4 kids in 4 years dictates that.

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month? Nothing planned but I was to go look at Christmas lights somewhere.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    @Pascal86 we have 4 bedrooms so we technically could give all 3 of them separate rooms, but we do not have a playroom or anywhere for toys so we have to use one of our bedrooms for toys/my older son's sensory equipment because otherwise toys would take over our entire house. i don't blame you for wanting to keep your office!
  • Options
    Well I just went for my initial appointment, and I already feel like my vbac dreams are being crushed. Doc said “we’ll see as the time comes, but you aren’t a great candidate”. I didn’t want a CS with DD but it had to happen, *TW* she had an umbilical cord abnormality that is 99% fatal with vaginal births, thankfully we knew and were prepared for the CS *end TW* So we will see, waaaay too early to start planning any of that. 

As for cars, team I will never get a minivan SUV all the way. I just can’t have anything but an off-road capable SUV. And DH has a truck that has more space in it than my SUV. Only issue is I have to balance on the running board when buckling DD in because it is so high off the ground. But I love it and switch with him whenever I get a chance. 
  • Options
    @kc0711 I'm sorry! That's so disappointing. Why didn't she/he feel you were a good candidate.
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: July 14, 8w1d

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DD is 21 months (2 in early March)

How is/are your kid(s) doing? Pretty good, having stages of being super clingy which is hard when I feel like death. Also we are all struggling with the fact that it's cold outside and gets dark so early. In the summer, we would get home from work/daycare and go for a walk to the park or something. Now it's like a steel cage death match (DH's words) until bedtime. 

Any questions/concerns? Just the general guilt of already feeling like I'm not giving her enough attention because of how crappy I feel, which makes me think towards the future when the new baby is here and she isn't my only baby anymore. I wonder how she will deal with that. She can be a handful already and I know it's normal for older siblings to act out because of the big change of an added sibling.

Like some of you, we are also likely going to try and move before the baby comes, because of space and also because our house is super old and our upstairs gets SO hot in the summer. Anyone else move while pregnant? I imagine it's superrrr fun.

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month? Nothing specific, just looking forward to hopefully feeling better and taking DD to see some lights (and hopefully playing in some snow!).
  • Options
    pretzelloverpretzellover member
    edited December 2019
    EDD: 7/19 (7w3d)
    Other kids: DS 17m

Questions/Concerns: If this baby is also 2w early, then my sons bdays will be 8 days apart... That said, my bigger mom guilt is that he won’t be my only baby anymore, and that he won’t get all of or the best of me in the coming months and then post baby. 
    Im already crying about the bitter sweet thought of him becoming a big brother, when he’s so little himself. 
    Like many of your littles, he’s also been super clingy lately and is very physical / climbs on me all the time. We live in a 3 story townhouse, my H travels a LOT for work, and I had really bad SPD last pregnancy... so I’m nervous.

GTKY: You guys are making me feel like a recluse! Going to get some shizz on the calendar for Dec!
  • Options
    @blaf322 because I have never had a vaginal birth, I’m not an ideal candidate. So everything has to go perfectly with this pregnancy (which the likelihood of that is slim, my pregnancies are high risk from the very beginning) for it to be an option. But I am just going to ignore that advice for now and think that it’s a strong possibility and then deal with those feelings later if it doesn’t work out!
  • Options
    @zande2016 my girls share a room now and overall it goes pretty well. DD2 just started sleeping through the night but would rarely wake DD1. DD1 though is currently never wanting to sleep in her room though. I shared a room with my sister off and on growing up and some of my favorite childhood memories are late night talks with her so I want my kids to share rooms
  • Options
    @kc0711 if you want a vbac definitely advocate for yourself! With DD2 my doctor first told me I could vbac if I didn’t develop preeclampsia again but if I had to be induced the chances were smaller. I ended up needing to be induced and she put all my risk factors in their vbac calculator and I only scored about a 20% chance but I did it! It was an amazing feeling to not only accomplish that but feel like I beat the odds.

This time around though I’m 90% sure I’ll need a c-section though because DD2 got stuck behind my pelvic bone. 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days:  7w 4d

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 4 years old

How is/are your kid(s) doing?: She is great. I love my sassy girl.

Any questions/concerns?: As a second time mom I am worried that my daughter is gonna dislike the new baby. Does that happen often? 

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month?: We're gonna go meet Santa for the first time! She is super excited and I'm excited for her.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @LadyAnnibal does she spend much time with younger kids? How does she react? My oldest 2.5 when dd2 was born and she was over the moon.
    They are now 5 and 3, and are obsessed with our friends' babies. I'm not telling them yet, because heaven forbid something happens, but I know they'll be excited when they find out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker