June 2020 Moms
Options

December Symptoms

Re: December Symptoms

• Options
    These migraines sound horrible! So sorry ladies - hope you all get some relief! It’s so hard to function like that.

+1 to the RLP club. Seems more frequent than either of my other 2 pregnancies. 

I have been feeling the second tri goodness the last week and a half but today I’m back to that early first tri exhaustion. I have to be careful with caffeine and have been missing coffee so much. I gave in today (since I was watching the kids curled up in a blanket on the floor) and I felt like a new human. Hope that second tri energy comes back soon!

• Options
    So I came down a cold earlier this week and then my husband brought home the stomach flu and now i have both 😭 every time I cough, I throw up. Every time my nose drips the wrong direction, I throw up. I can’t keep down fluids. I just need sympathy because I don’t know what nausea is from the pregnancy, the cold, or the stomach flu or all pieces together. I had to call for a sub the second to last day before break. I feel so bad for them but I was still throwing up by the deadline to call so I did. 

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @runwmusic oh let me know what your doc says about insomnia remedies! 
    @lizanet omg the holidays are so hard when it coincides with the start of second tri and your appetite back! So good though. 
  • Options
    JessiBrideJessiBride member
    edited December 2019
    @alli392 - I feel for you!  I just got over a stomach bug and it's the weirdest thing to not know if what you're feeling is from being sick or PG.  And they kind of layer on each other for a double whammy.  And then I had a low grade fever so I was googling fever's effects on a baby in the first trimester and Listeria, because it was really reasonable of me to panic.
  • Options
    @alli392 oh no! I hope you feel better soon. Don't feel guilty. You don't want to give all those kids (and then their families) a stomach bug for the holidays. 
  • Options
    @lizanet my office has been filled with treats for weeks and I’m not refraining. It’s not good!!! I need to spend all of January just eating healthy food!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @hayhay2501 We got this huge assortment of brownies and cookies. I have had like 3 today. I am trying to hold back but they'll go bad soon! I think I am joining you on the healthy January train!  
  • Options
    @alli392 so sorry! I wish you well ❤️ 
  • Options
    Y’all are so sweet. Thank you for making me feel better! I’m keeping Gatorade down now so that’s something. I think it’s just extra exhausting when you’ve spent the last 8 weeks throwing up all the time only to ha e a brief respite and then right back in from a big. How frustrating. 

I’m trying to look at the bright side. DD still went to daycare and I’ve finished my book and several episodes of the Crown in my haze while not having to take care of anyone but mysel

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• Options
    @alli392 glad you could send DD to daycare and just care for yourself/rest! That helps a ton. Being pregnant & sick or having a baby & being sick is the WORST.
  • Options
    @alli392 I hope you start feeling better soon.  Being sick and pregnant is absolutely NO FUN!!!
  • Options
    Sounds awful! I hope you get to feeling better soon.
  • Options
    I’m just into week 14. I’ve had so much more energy and feeling better over all, just a little heart burn (almost daily) but that feels like nothin.
  • Options
    I’m just into week 14. I’ve had so much more energy and feeling better over all, just a little heart burn (almost daily) but that feels like nothin.
    Sorry to be "that guy" but you super sound like a person I'd like to get to know in this board, but it would be 10 times easier if you updated your user name to something unique. It has to get changed at The Knot and then log out and log back in on The Bump.

Also, +1 sick and pregnant is the worst ever. Even just a cold is much worse than normal, and there aren't enough words for a stomach bug pregnant.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kerco925 YAY so happy for you. It happened for me recently too. Enjoy the private little moments with him. 
  • Options
    @alli392 hopefully you will start feeling better. 
  • Options
    Thanks everybody! I’m operating on popsicles and Gatorade. But it’s going okay so far today. Planning to go to school and play catch up since today is the last day of the quarter. VP found a way for me to stay only a few hours and I don’t have regular classes today I’m going to take advantage of it while I can! +1 for finding a school with administration who supports you 100%!

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• Options
    My boobs are absolutely KILLING me. I hate this stage. Also ordered more target sleeping bras and they are different and suck now. So disappointing that I'm popping out of an XL somehow at a 36dd. 
  • Options
    I just bought some buy 2 get 1 free H&M fleece lined mama (maternity) leggings. I'm...OK with them. They appear to run a bit small. Cozy, definitely warm and thicker than normal leggings, but they ended up so much tighter on my thighs than everywhere else, so they're thinner there. So they are more like sweater tights for me-generally opaque, but while my butt is covered, my thighs are a bit see through. Wearing with sundresses, skirts, sweater dresses, and super long tops.

Price was right though, and legs are warm. Lots of belly room, though the seam where legs connect to belly panel is a bit weird. Trying next size up today, maybe they'll be better. Still worth it, I think they were $12 each before the deal. Maybe they work better for those without luscious amazing thunder thighs, but they're still totally OK. 

Idk what to do about sleeping bras. I don't want to spend $30 for 2 that suck. And I can't fit into those M,L,XL sizes without having to take in the band. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail I found h&m maternity clothes to run small in general. If the other size doesn’t work, I saw fleece lined maternity tights at target that might work. They are the thick kind. I bought the non fleece kind and I like them. They’re footless so more legging than tight. 
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail I found h&m maternity clothes to run small in general. If the other size doesn’t work, I saw fleece lined maternity tights at target that might work. They are the thick kind. I bought the non fleece kind and I like them. They’re footless so more legging than tight. 
    Thanks. I was actually hoping for actual fleece lined warm actual leggings, that are fully opaque and don't need a shirt/dress down to mid thigh. And I want to spend $10 or less, lol. Which is the problem, but I have zero budget right now. So what I got is OK, just not what I anticipated. No big deal, just wanted to share in case it IS what someone else wanted.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail that’s always the most frustrating thing. When your budget is tight but you buy something anyway and then it’s not what you wanted but you can’t do anything. I’ve never tried H&M maternity but I seem to have good luck with Amazon basics stuff 

Also side note since I saw your name pop up on the May board because I like to lurk the people ahead of us, but are you switching over to May? Or just walking the border since I remember you’re a group one due date? We’d miss you!

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• Options
    @alli392 I'm almost certain to have a May baby, so I'm feeling it out some. That board seems more active, and might have more like minds for me. I kinda feel like the odd one out here a lot. There's nothing wrong with this group of people, but I keep feeling like I'm always the dissenting voice. Nothing wrong with peaceful difference of opinions at all, but it just is hard for me to always feel "other." 

But so far my two kids were due first week of the month, and arrived in prior month. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail I totally get it. But I'd miss you if you go. I feel like more times than not I agree with you or, if we differ, I value your viewpoint. But this is a good time to be surrounded by a group you feel comfortable in, especially if you're looking to find friendships that endure past bumps and into babies. Best, either way, -K.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    hayhay2501hayhay2501 member
    edited December 2019
    Even though we leave for our vacation in 3 days- I’ve caved in and ordered a pregnancy pillow! I just cannot get comfortable. Also my sister has one I can use at my first stop in the US yasss (she’s never been pregnant but liked mine Last time I so much she bought one ahah)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I’m 14 weeks as of yesterday and suffering from some major low back pain. It must be because I’m a back sleeper and my bodies getting to the point that it’s not working? But my baby bump is still so small it seems slightly ridiculous. 
    Luckily my Mother in law is getting me a pregnancy pillow for Xmas. So hopefully I’ll have relief soon. 

I take unisom and B6 for nausea and only wake up maybe twice during a 10 hour night of sleep. So maybe worth a try for the ladies with insomnia. 

Also, constipation has come and gone. But a few weeks ago I got a squatty potty. Best thing I’ve ever bought. Lol. It makes life SO much easier. I highly recommend. 

My nausea is still coming and going. And last night for the first time ever I experienced peeing myself a little as I was vomiting 😅 time to work on those pelvic floor muscles. 
  • Options
    @emodelski
    Hopefully the nausea goes and stays gone soon ! Also there is no shame in peeing yourself a little. I did it many times with my first   :D
  • Options
    Whelp. Peed myself today while coughing for the first time. Then it happened again. Guess I better get on those levels.  Nothing like pregnancy to make you keep it real y’all. 

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• Options
    So.. I had food way too late xmas eve and I was starving for most of the afternoon. Got home about 30 mins later and puked. I have been sick ever since. I am not a happy camper right now. 
  • Options
    @lizanet nnoooooo. Hope you feel better. Ds and I are sick with ear sinus stuff. I feel like I have been sick this entire pregnancy. It sucks. 
  • Options
    @runwmusic Thank you!
    Im glad I am not the only one feeling that way. I hope you guys feel better soon.  
  • Options
    The last few nights, I have gotten super nauseous every night at 8 p.m.  Last night it was so bad, I really thought I was going to throw up and it's been keeping me up at night.  I would rather be nauseous during the day. 
  • Options
    My face is so puffy already! Could be due to the amount of Christmas sweets I have been indulging in but holy crap, chipmunk cheeks. 
  • Options
    Right there with you with migraines in second trimester- have you found anything that helps? When it’s the worst I do tylenol and sleep and other times just ice packs but no great solution yet. 
  • Options
    alli392alli392 member
    edited December 2019
    Add me to the sick train still too. What is with us folks? So about two weeks ago I got a cold.  Very typical. Then I got the stomach flu a few days later made worse by said cold. Then both kind of went away. Then the cold came back with a vengeance. Finally went to urgent care tonight when I spiked a fever and they wouldn’t test me for the flu even though I know I was exposed from my students. Gave me amoxicillin for a sinus infection. Which to be fair it could be and I know they wanted to play it safe since I’m pregnant but I just can’t believe they wouldn’t even swab me for influenza. It’s so quick cheap and easy and our community has the most confirmed cases of anywhere in the US for a strain not in the shot. So on top of feeling like crap still from all this coughing (and peeing myself-y’all that is weird), I also am really concerned that they didn’t listen. Gah I’m just mad I’m still sick too and that the doctor acted like I’m an idiot even though when I called my MFM after the whole debacle, she confirmed I needed to get a influenza test. I already have an appointment in the morning with the MFMs so we’ll just do it then but why do old male doctors (I know I’m stereotyping I’m just mad) assume that young pregnant women can’t advocate and make rational decisions about their health care? 

People. Advocate for your health and pick the right doctors. They shouldn’t treat you like that. 

which is also why I had a perfectly wonderful conversation with my MFM afterwards who is incredible because I made sure to find a doctor who listened when I picked her practice. Poor on call doctors. 

Sorry for the rant y’all. How was everyone’s holidays? 

Editing to add that I tested positive for influenza B about 15 hours after this fiasco. Still fuming. 

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• Options
    Low back pain like crazy! Haven't puked in about a week tho :) (knock on wood) 
  • Options
    This is the 2nd night I woke up with my feet absolutely Freezing. It took awhile to talk myself into getting up, grabbing a glass of water, & putting warm fuzzy socks on and falling asleep with my warm robe on. The house was still at 68 degrees! I eventually warmed up & took off the robe but left the socks on. 
  • Options
    Oh my lord. This back pain is other worldly. I havent been getting much sleep for the past week due to insomnia and back pain this is the worst its been so far. 
    Also took my bp meds before eating(breakfast took longer than expected) got the worst headache, got super hot and dizzy. I learned a valuable lesson today. 
  • Options
    Back on the cold train, ugh! So miserable and can’t take any of the good meds. Raining all day here and so gross. My RLP is insane.