Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Thursday 11/21

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Thursday 11/21

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 17 

WAYDTGKU: BBT, tracking in FF, OPKs, etc etc...

R/R: ummm it’s Friday eve? Lol that’s all I got today. 

CS/Q:  what is happening with my chart, you guys. I’m on cd17 and FF is still suggesting I’m in my FW. I got a positive OPK 4 days ago so that seems unlikely, but I guess my temp didn’t jump enough this morning to register as possible ovulation? I’m annoyed. 

• Options
    @kmalls I would guess ovulation was yesterday. Hopefully your temps stay up to confirm that. FF always needs a couple days of temps post-O to confirm a CH.

Month/Cycle: 28/24

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: PNV, vitamins and other meds, BCP, biposy on lining, then FET

R/R: I was exhausted from my work trip yesterday. Went to a tradeshow for a day. Chicago traffic is the woooooorst. Also DH comes home this afternoon so I'm very excited to go pick him up!!

CS/Q: nope
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kmallskmalls member
    edited November 2019
    @inthewoods23 yeah it was this chart that confused me, with today still showing up as a fertile day. In reading the detailed interpretation, though, it seems FF treats every day as fertile after a positive OPK until ovulation is confirmed. Thanks! 

• Options
    gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited November 2019
    @kmalls I agree that it looks like you O'd yesterday. Hopefully your temp stays up. Sorry it's so frustrating.

@inthewoods23 yay for getting to see YH tonight! Hope you get some recovery time from your work trip. 

Month/Cycle: 5/4

CD: 21

WAYDTGKU: prenatals and temping but otherwise NTNP for a bit.

R/R: yesterday was exactly what I needed and I'm really glad I took the day. I got a lot done but still took time to veg out and watch some Disney+. Jumping back into the rest of this week and looking forward to the weekend! My concert is somehow already 2 weeks away, which is insane!

CS/Q: nope 

Edited for autocorrect
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 5/4

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: Temping until O is confirmed, OPks, PNV, Ubiquinol, Balance supplement 

R/R: I’m doing really good these past few Days! Getting up at 5 am, working out or doing yoga or Pilates every morning, eating healthy, going to bed early, meditating every day to be in a good headspace etc and DH and I are getting along well which is great! Ever since I’ve started this new supplant I’ve noticed a great change in my mood! I think m thorn ones are finally levelling out (just based on my symptoms)! 

CS/Q: not yet 

@kmalls anything happen to have maybe disrupted your temp?

@inthewoods23 yay for your husbands return! Just in time for O day soon hopefully!

@gingermama29 Ou what concert! 
  • Options
    @dawn_tay my elementary band and chorus concert (I'm a music teacher). I'm glad things are going well and you've been getting up early and making healthy choices. I have a lot of respect for people who commit to that. It's something I really struggle with -I love cocooning in bed and hate getting up early.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 11, 2 AL

CD: 1 *womp womp* wasted a perfectly good HPT this morning before I realized AF had arrived.

WAYDTGKU: Clomid, OPKs, I'm going to try temping this month because I never got a +OPK last month

R/R: I'm trying to look on the bright side: I don't have to worry about dodging questions about why I'm not drinking over the holidays.

CS/Q: Nope

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • Options
    Question for everyone! When do you start to use your OPKs? I ovulate all over the place so I’ve been starting on CD 10 but I didn’t ovulate until CD 21 last cycle lol so I feel like I’m wasting a lot!
  • Options
    @mamasloth sorry for CD1!

@gingermama29 ahh school concerts. Good times!

@dawn_tay the recommendation is always to start based on the earliest CD you've O'ed. I think generally you want to test a week before expected ovulation? Maybe? This is also a good question for our questions thread so you can see what everyone else does for the OPKs!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @dawn_tay I'm probably not super helpful because I have really long cycles and didn't O until CD 40 last cycle. I used all 50 of my pack of wondfos trying to catch my LH surge last cycle. It's hard to say when to start if you don't O consistently around the same time every cycle.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 18/13/3 AL#2

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: Letrozole, Metformin, prenatal, Conceive Plus, HIO at least EOD, re-starting OPK’s this cycle, temping/tracking with FF, and progesterone after O.

R/R: I feel like today or tomorrow is going to be O day...we’ll see though! I am so ready for the weekend...we have family staying with us tomorrow and Saturday, so I really hope O happens today!

CS/Q: None.

@kmalls yay for Friday Eve!! I agree with everyone else, seems like O was yesterday and you should get CH’s in a couple days.

@inthewoods23 glad YH gets back tonight! Sorry for your WTF post...that’s annoying not being kept informed about family things!

@gingermama29 I’m so glad you had such a good day off yesterday!! Hope the rest of the week goes well and that you feel prepared for your concert coming up! 

@dawn_tay good for you on getting into a positive routine! I’m the same...ovulation is somewhat unpredictable for me, so I started OPK’s on CD9 this month. It was definitely too early, but at least I shouldn’t have missed it that way. 

@mamasloth so sorry for CD1, but good job on looking at the bright side! 

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 6

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, OPKs, seeing RE tomorrow for the first time - thank you ladies for all your encouraging comments about that! I will keep you posted. 

R/R: I've been using the Clear Blue Advanced Digital OPKs for the past 3 cycles and normally have gotten a flashing smiley by cycle day 10...still just a blank circle today so really hoping to see a flashing smile tomorrow! I'm trying so hard not to overthink every small change cycle to cycle and blaming myself (was it the 3rd glass of wine I had with dinner over the weekend? or too much coffee?) but I do certainly feel better and more calm when I'm being as absolutely healthy as I can so I'm on a health kick for now :wink:

CS/Q: don't chart

• Options
    @kmalls I'm with you on the R/R for today!

@inthewoods23 exciting you get to see DH this afternoon! <3

@gingermama29so glad you had such a great day! your upcoming concert sounds so fun! what age are the kids you teach?

@dawn_tay you are my inspiration for healthy living! good work! i typically start testing on CD7 or 8..I tend to have shorter cycles (about 26 days) and O around day 13 or so

@mamasloth good bright side!

@bluetickgal fx your O comes before your fam!! :blush:
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 6

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, BBT, OPKs, BD EOD, diet/exercise/etc.

R/R: DH and I have a date night tonight at the fancy tapas restaurant I've been wanting to try. We've been trying to make a point of going on date nights recently, but somehow end up getting into a tiff near the end of every one. Here's hoping we can keep it together.

CS/Q: nothing to see yet. I'm a mouth breather so I'll wait for AF to go before temping.

@kmalls What everyone else said. FF sure takes her sweet time.

@inthewoods23 Glad you're home - and that DH is headed that way!

@bluetickgal FX for O - also curious, what do you use to track your resting heart rate?

@dawn_tay I use the cheap OPKs and start reaaaally early - day 5. I have 25-27 day cycles, so that's a little silly, but the few extra dollars is worth the piece of mind for me.

@gladmamma Omg the flashing smiley...I had forgotten. I used the Clear Blue years ago and could never get that flashing smiley to go solid. I hate him, but I sure hope he shows up tomorrow for you :)

@mamasloth (First: hi, I'm new here) I could have written your post. Burned a FRER just before getting my period yesterday, and also adding back tempting this month because OPKs failed me (they usually do). I'm already dreading the well-meaning but unintentionally hurtful comments over Thanksgiving but, yes, we'll have wine to help us through.
  • Options
    @kmalls Sorry about FF being confusing...

@inthewoods23 sorry about the Chicago traffic. Hope you get some good resting after the work trip!

@bluetickgal hope you get the positive before fam comes!

@dawn_tay I started testing around CD8. Due to elevated prolactin, my cycle length can range from 26 to 36 days :( so I ended up wasting a lot of the test strips

@gladmamma hope you get the flashing smiley soon! Mine always goes straight to solid...

@mamasloth sorry for CD1...

@emiliadkay mouth breather here too! I gave up temping long time ago haha

Month/Cycle: 17

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: Clomid, IUI#2

R/R: Just waiting for next Tuesday's follicle check on CD10. I have been eating healthy recently, except yesterday I realized I had a regular latte... I asked for a decaf, but they gave me the regular. I googled a latte contains about 150mg caffeine. Guess it should be fine!

CS/Q: none
    TTC #1
    *TW*
    Me: 28 DH: 30
    Married: 09/16
    TTC #1 08/18

~2019~
    IUI #1 #2 #3 with letrozole cancelled 
    Natural cycle IUI #4 10/19 BFN
    First RE visit 11/19
    Clomid 50mg + IUI#5 11/19 BFN
    Elevated prolactin dx confirmed 11/19
    Clomid 50mg + IUI#6 cancelled

~2020~
    IVF #1 ICSI+PGT-A 02/20
    32R 19M 14F 7B 7 PGT-A normal
    Hysteroscopy to remove polyps 3/20
    FET 05/20 BFP! beta #1 9dp6dt 443.8; beta #2 11dp6dt 1212
    Baby has a heartbeat! 6w5d HB 128

• Options
    @pom9207 The Starbucks by my office is awful about things like that -- it's a fun guessing game with both decaf vs. regular and "which type of milk did I actually get?" But yes, espresso compared to regular coffee has relatively little caffeine. Hope it was delicious!
  • Options
    @emiliadkay It was so delicious that made me wondered "hmmm this tasted too good as a decaf latte!"  :D
    TTC #1
    *TW*
    Me: 28 DH: 30
    Married: 09/16
    TTC #1 08/18

~2019~
    IUI #1 #2 #3 with letrozole cancelled 
    Natural cycle IUI #4 10/19 BFN
    First RE visit 11/19
    Clomid 50mg + IUI#5 11/19 BFN
    Elevated prolactin dx confirmed 11/19
    Clomid 50mg + IUI#6 cancelled

~2020~
    IVF #1 ICSI+PGT-A 02/20
    32R 19M 14F 7B 7 PGT-A normal
    Hysteroscopy to remove polyps 3/20
    FET 05/20 BFP! beta #1 9dp6dt 443.8; beta #2 11dp6dt 1212
    Baby has a heartbeat! 6w5d HB 128

• Options
    @gladmamma thank you! I wouldn’t worry too much, fluctuations happen from cycle to cycle! I know that’s easier said than done though!
    @emiliadkay thanks! I use my FitBit to track RHR and then enter it as custom data in FF using chart duo. I just recently upgraded to the premium membership, so I have that option now which I really like!  Hope you have a great date night, it sounds wonderful! 
    @pom9207 thanks lady! Hope Tuesday gets here before you know it! One latte isn’t bad with that amount of caffeine, especially if you
    hadn't had much other that day! Hope you enjoyed it!
  • Options
    @bluetickgal thanks friend. FX for O today!! Sounds like a fun weekend on tap!

@gladmamma it's so hard not to play the blame game throughout each cycle. TTC messes with the mind so much!! I teach K - 6th grade but my choruses are 4th grade and combined 5th/6th grade.

@emiliadkay your date night sounds so fun!! There's a tapas place near us that is DH's and my favorite but it's pricy so we don't go more than once a year. Enjoy your date night!!

@pom9207 FX for good news at your follicle check!