July 2020 Moms
Options

The Ultrasound Thread

Re: The Ultrasound Thread

• Options
    @kboydbowman I'm sorry you're going through this. I hope your next beta is good news.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @pretzellover  A few ultrasound posters have mentioned the baby being a boy. Each time I am perplexed. Are US machines able to see this now? This is my 3rd baby and my doctors never mentioned this being an option this early only. Also, I have my first ultrasound today, so I am preparing myself for *if* potentially finding out is even an option. Just seems so early.
  • Options
    @misskdreams the ladies who know the sex had IVF and genetic testing done on the embryos before implanting (correct me if I’m wrong - but I don’t know of any other way to know this early) 

I have my 1st ultrasound today and I am so nervous to make sure everything’s in the right place and growing.
  • Options
    misskdreamsmisskdreams member
    edited December 2019
    @zande2016 thank you, that makes so much more sense. Sending you many positive vibes for your ultrasound! Hope you see a healthy little baby.

I am over here thinking... I think my baby has webbed feet and no eyelids, tell me about this new microscopic lens on ultrasound wands? 🧐

Edit: tag correction
  • Options
    @misskdreams Yes, @zande2016 is correct. Both my babies were via IVF and pre-tested embryos (as my husband and I are no spring chickens). And ALL my embryos (viable and not) were male... so the universe felt strongly I was destined to be a boy mom!
  • Options
    @pretzellover how many embryos? I'm also convinced I am destined to be a boy mom but I blame my H, who basically has all boys in his family and I am convinced he only makes boy sperm. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 5 embryos! ALL male. When my RE looked at the results he chuckled and jokingly high-fived my husband. Definitely his fault on this one 😉. That said, I am obsessed with my son, and god willing I have a 2nd this summer, I will happily embrace the toilet seat forever being left up; never getting to finish the food on my own plate; and all the rest. 
  • Options
    @pretzellover wow! I have 2 boys myself, plus my H and a male dog, so I am highly outnumbered. I will embrace another boy of course but am bracing myself for a lifetime of toilet seats up, potty humor, and wrestling, and never getting to shop for all the cute girl clothes (because let's face it, the girls section is about double  the size of the boys section in every store). 
  • Options
    @zande2016 @pretzellover

my first is a son, and I would love to have a girl, but I think I am also blue team all the way and blame that on Hubby too...

In his family, (Dad side) they are like 25 cousins... and guess how many girls..... 1!!! His mom is an only daughter, just like me, so odds are blue....

and yes... I always rant about girl's side being enormous but then I think of all the money I'm saving on cute little sock, purses, bows.... :wink:
  • Options
    @laurad75 wow! that must be pretty rare, and how cool to already know the twins are identical since they only transferred 1 embryo! 
  • Options
    ***Lurker
    @laurad75
    congrats GIF
    I know that overwhelming initial feeling, but it really is amazing in the end. I'm lurking if you need anything. I hope these sweet peanuts grow and you have a really boring pregnancy. 

*TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @laurad75 wow, what a surprise! I'm so glad both babies are looking great. I'm sure you must be in shock right now, but twins will be so fun! I hope both babies continue growing right on track!
  • Options
    @laurad75
    OH MY GOODNESS!  What a shock!  I would be freaking out too, but I am so happy to hear that they are both doing well.  Wow!  

• Options
    @laurad75 WOW OMG!! Look at you. You're so good at this you're getting two out of it 😉 that's amazing and I imagine scary but you got this!!
  • Options
    @laurad75 What an emotional rollercoaster!!
    Congrats on a great u/s and on the identical twins. Just so special!
  • Options
    @laurad75 wow!! What a surprise! I’m sure it’s overwhelming but is good to hear all looks well. 

• Options
    Wow congrats @laurad75!!!! What an amazing surprise!! I wonder if that is a common thing?
  • Options
    It’s taken everything within my to make it through this day. After going into work early I left for my 8w3d appointment. I planned to use this ultrasound to surprise my husband with the news of our fourth child. At my appointment I measured 6w1d with no heartbeat that she could see. I kept calm. I cried in the car. I worked all the rest of the day. Then I told my husband when I got home. He told me to pray and that I should try not to stress but I’m really not okay. I’m spending all of my free time on google trying to find happy endings in similar situations. In 8 days a tech will do the ultrasound then I will speak to my doctor. It feels like forever away and every bought of nausea makes me want to cry more.
  • Options
    @LilMissNiecey I'm a very similar situation and I feel your pain.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    @LilMissNiecey @kboydbowman hope you both get some good news soon ❤️
  • Options
    @LilMissNiecey & @kboydbowman I'm so sorry you are both in this horrible place of limbo. I hope you get good news soon. 
  • Options
    I too am very sorry you both are going through this <3 
  • Options
    @kboydbowman sending you happy thoughts ❤️
  • Options
    @asf0613 It's not unheard of but something like a 1.36% chance of the embryo splitting.  From my extensive google research it is more common when then embryo was previously frozen which was the case.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @laurad75 OMG! Congrats! 
  • Options
    @laurad75 Congrats! Exciting news
  • Options
    @LilMissNiecey & @kboydbowman  Sorry ya'll are having to suffer in that space.  Been there before and know it stinks.
  • Options
    @LilMissNiecey and @kboydbowman I am thinking of you and hoping for good outcomes for you both!  I’ve been in that situation as well and I know the misery of the wait and I’m so sorry you are going through this.
  • Options
    Yay for some great ultrasounds! So exciting to see all the LOs

@JessDG your photo shows your full name, DOB, etc. You may want to delete that and edit that info out :smile: