Pregnant after a Loss

Heart rate concerns

Hi everyone, 

My last (and first) pregnancy ended in a MMC, which I discovered at our 12 week scan. I'm pregnant again and am 7 weeks tomorrow. We had an ultrasound at 6 weeks 5 days and baby was measuring on track with a heart rate of 116. I've read that this is low. My doctor hasn't said anything yet but I read some scary things online. Some sources say over 110 is fine, some say it should be over 120. Has anyone else had a lower heart rate and then things were fine?

Please only positive stories, thanks so much! 

Re: Heart rate concerns

• FyreFlyeRushFyreFlyeRush member
    edited November 2019
    116 this early should be in the norm, but I'm not a medical professional. I had a scan where the heartbeat was 110 at 6w3d. That pregnancy DID eventually end...35w later with a 7lbs 13oz baby boy who is currently driving me bonkers at 7.5yo.

It starts off slow and speeds up, peaking around 180 before settling down somewhere between 120 and 160. From what I recall, anything below 100 is cause for concern (as was with my loss, so low the ultrasound couldn't even pick it up at 9w5d). Fingers crossed for you!
  • Congrats! As the PP said, this sounds like it's in the normal range, fetal heartrates pick-up as they grow. If your doctor wasn't concerned, I would try not to worry. You can always reach out to your OB with concerns. And I would try and avoid googling - it will just stress you out!