February 2020 Moms

November Symptoms

124»

Re: November Symptoms

• @TennisLove30 I don't know if I would call it carpal tunnel but my hands cramp so easily now when I crochet.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• I’m glad I’m not alone, but it sucks for all. I’m going to talk to my doctor Thursday at my appointment about it.

@celticknotfire I was sewing today and had to stop. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Not a symptom but failed my glucose screener! Blegh 
  • @optimism3 oh boo! I hope the 3hr works out.
  • @optimism3 fingers crossed for passing the 3 hour! Did they happen to tell you how much you failed by? If it's borderline there's a really good chance you'll pass 3 hour with flying colors. 
  • Thanks all. I was 155 - my doc likes 130
    to pass. My Mom apparently failed and then passed the 3 hour so fingers crossed? 
  • @leksiL @daffodil_shoe I am stiff for probably a week after having a Charley horse. 😔
  • @optimism3 I failed the 1 hour miserably with DS and passed the 3 hour with no issues. Which is why I just did the 3 hour this go round and again didn’t have an issue. It’s way more accurate. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @optimism3 oh yeah, you didn't fail miserably. I wouldn't worry. There's a really good chance you'll pass your 3-hour with flying colors. And hey, worst case scenario, if you do fail the 3 hour and have GD, I'm here and happy to commiserate with you. ;) 
  • @optimism3 I failed my one hour twice this pregnancy. Last one hour I was at like a 169 and the doc and nurses were acting like I already failed the 3-hour. But I passed! Not sure if that helps lol
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @ibabyloveb87 that was smart - and brave - heard the 3 hour can be not very fun. 

Thanks @lanie1000 - there’s definitely worst things for sure! Appreciative to be at this point and things going well overall. 

@brookert615 it does help! Why’d they make you take it twice? 
  • So many BH contractions.  They happen when expected: when I have to pee, when I'm dehydrated, when I change positions from sitting to standing.  They go away easily and I'm not at all worried about them but so weird because I don't think I had any with DD, especially not this early.
  • @leksiL I got my first one yesterday morning. The worst! You're lucky, my calf is definitely still sore. 

@jvk2012 Same! Not worried but I definitely did not have them this early or to this extent with DD either. 

Anyone else feel like their hips are about to fall out of place? I feel like I'm waddling around like an old lady. Haha. 

Had my glucose yeaterday. Fingers crossed. They gave me my TDap and Flu shot in the same arm they drew blood from. My arm is killing me today. 
  • Sleeping is getting harder and harder. Not because of my belly...but thanks to my stupid pelvis. I almost cried trying to roll over last night. Sleeping with my fat pillow between my knees helps a tad when I'm not moving but I toss and turn so much.
    Plus the last like 3 hours of sleep every night have been total garbage for me in general. 
  • @daffodil_shoe - well the pain goes away before you try to use the calf for anything - it's been two days and I'm still hobbling a little.

Positive thing - I wore compression socks for 24H and my legs were a normal size this morning haha! I think I will do that more often.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @leksiL what brand of compression socks are you using? Mine aren’t cutting it.

@kjeepers87 my 4 year old laughed at me the other day and asked why I was walking like that
  • +1 for cramping in the MOTN. It’s my calves every time! 

Also - starting to feel out of room. My bump starts right where my boobs end and there is just no more room! This bump needs to grow out!
  • @babyroma Ugh, same. My hips ache and throb throughout the night. I sleep fairly well for the first few hours and then I wake up in pain and toss and turn until my alarm goes off. A pillow between the knees helps the top hip a bit, but nothing saves my bottom hip

@zseirecarg Also same. I have a short torso and am carrying really high. Just hit 28 weeks today and she's already in my ribs. The next 12 weeks are going to be interesting... 
  • lanie1000lanie1000 member
    edited December 2019
    I think mood swings and anxiety count as symptoms, right?  I'm going back and forth between being so excited to add a second child to the family to being terrified that I'm going to be in over my head. Thankfully my current mood is excitement. I cannot wait to see my kids interact with each other. But who knows...in 5 minutes I might swing back into terrified mode. Anyone have tips and tricks that help calm them?  When I was in the 3rd trimester with my daughter, looking at tiny baby clothes helped. Whenever I was feeling overwhelmed or upset, I would sneak into her soon-to-be room and stare at her teeny tiny socks. It worked like a charm. Maybe it's time to buy some socks for #2... 
  • craftywitchcraftywitch member
    edited December 2019
    @jvk2012 +1 BH I get at least a couple per day. We're so far in now though that I consider it a good thing- pump up the practice body! Hopefully they translate into strong muscles for birth.

Also anyone else with colostrum already? My boobs itch so much!!!
  • @lanie1000 if mood swings count then I'm there too! I was so grumpy this morning then sad. 

Also another symptom, this baby's making sure I get a full pregnancy experience guess! I'd never really experienced much heartburn before because I had to have DH explain to me what it felt like plus a quick google and yep..its what I'm feeling...and I don't seem to get it after eating food! I seem to be getting it like every day I've been on the commute home from work. Pregnancy is weird...lol 
  • @lanie1000 google Emotional freedom technique (EFT) and practice tapping using the phrase "even though I am ___ (anxious, terrified, etc) I still totally and completely love and accept myself" one round of tapping should reduce it, but 2 or 3 is better. You can also just do the "karate chop" tap saying the affirmation and that should help. (I am a social worker)
  • @lanie1000 my mood swings are wild this pregnancy! I blame Hormones and having a 3 and 1.5 year old 

Add me to heartburn and some Braxton Hicks 
  • @craftywitch - Add me to the colostrum! My right book leaks so much! hahaha
  • @craftywitch my boobs have leaked a couple times. And I can get some out if I squeeze. But I try to avoid that so that I don’t irritate my uterus this early on.
  • @craftywitch - I can express colostrum but it hasn't leaked yet! (fingers crossed)

@doodleoodle - I use PRO Compression socks, (www.procompression.com) I bought them originally for running, they are expensive but worth it. 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @daffodil_shoe Yeah last time I thought if I hand expressed my boobs would itch less, but really they didn't so this time I'm trying to ignore it. Why is colostrum itchy though?! BF was never itchy for me, just this part.