February 2020 Moms

November Symptoms

Re: November Symptoms

• This one is totally my own fault, but my abs hurt so badly today because I decided to try a new exercise routine last night. I am uncomfortable and very over adulting now. 
  • @mandk1233, be careful starting new exercise routines during pregnancy. You really shouldn't be doing ab work during pregnancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • mandk1233mandk1233 member
    edited November 2019
    @jvk2012 The workout was supposed to be pregnancy safe, so I wasn't thinking too much about it but am now thinking it might be safer to return to only walking. The ab exercise was unitentional. I was in a position somewhat similar to a push up and realized it was a bad idea immediately and adjusted.

ETA everything I have read say gentle ab exercises are fine. I will check with my doctor when I see her next though. 
  • So today was one of the first days where I felt pretty uncomfortable for an extended period of time at work.  Getting in and out of the car or truck is a bigger and bigger effort, I’ve given up walking much distance at all because I tire easily and get BHs and bending over has been a chore for a while now. But today just felt like everything was so stretched and heavy and even just sitting at my desk was uncomfortable but so is getting up and down off the floor with big wiggly dogs. I also emailed a local dog walker because I can barely walk my dog anymore :disappointed: Just feeling a little defeated today knowing it only gets worse from here.
  • @Swiftlet I finally went to the chiropractor today for the discomfort, and turning over in bed involves lots of grunting and groaning to get it tummy to move haha. I can't even imagine how uncomfortable you have got to be with twins. Here's to hoping the next few months fly by.
  • @Swiftlet I'm so sorry to hear how uncomfortable you've been. Like @huskervbfan said, I can't imagine what it's like with twins as I'm over here huffing and puffing with one. Hopefully you can get some help to ease the pressure. 

•  @Swiftlet I'm so sorry you're dealing with so much discomfort!  <3
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • misstree5misstree5 member
    edited November 2019
    Ugh just slipped going down stairs ...215 lbs is a lot of weight to just drop. My right side took the brunt of the fall (arm and butt cheek) ...both are already turning blue :( being pregnant really messes with balance (baby girl is still squirming around, so Im not worried about her ....just sore lol)

ETA called my OB and she told me to go to triage, so that's where I am now..will update later, but I am assuming that it's just a precaution :)
  • @misstree5 Oh no! So sorry! 
    TW
  • @misstree5 Oh no! I'm so sorry- it's always extra scary to fall while pregnant. I'm sure it's just a precaution but thinking of you and hoping you get an extra peek at baby out of it.
  • @misstree5 oh no! Hope baby is ok! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @misstree5 Hope baby is ok and you heal quickly. 
  • @misstree5 Oh no! I'm so sorry. I hope everything is okay and you're not battling soreness for too long. 
  • @misstree5 glad you’re doing OK! 
  • Happy to hear everything is okay @misstree5
  • @misstree5 so happy everything turned out ok but sorry for your fall.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• Thanks everyone :) 

Let it be a reminder to all to take it slow and not trust your center of balance anymore! 
  • I was taking a relaxing shower this morning (pretty warm and nice and long) and I started to get short of breath (it interrupted my singing; I'm that person). It got worse until I felt like I couldn't breathe and I started to feel dizzy. I got out and sat down to catch my breath while hubby called the OB. He said that hot showers (or baths) can cause your blood cells to dilate and send more blood to the skin, making you overheat and short of breath. He wasn't concerned; we're just supposed to keep an eye out and call him back if it happens again outside of the shower.

TLDR: They tell you to avoid very hot showers for a reason; you can accidentally overheat yourself.
  • @noxacanthus, I’ve had this happen to me before too
  • @noxacanthus Oh no! But glad you’re okay! I take hot showers and this reminds me I need to chill out lol.
    TW
  • @misstree5 I've been low-key sick for like a week now! Not enough to make me miserable but it just exhausts me by the end of the day. I think I sound worse than I actually am (which I'm thankful for!) but it's already draining enough being pregnant without the added stress of illness. I hope you're feeling better soon <3
  • @misstree5 I completely get where you are coming from. DH is on his second cold during my pregnancy. Thankfully, I have been like @Swiftlet and only had minor symptoms like being exhausted and a little extra congestion, but DH is definitely one of those that gets "man colds" and acts like he is going to die from the sniffles. My hormones have made my patience thin enough, I can't imagine if I had to put up with more than one sick person on top of being sick. Hope you (and the rest of your household) get better soon! 
  • Another thing, has anyone else's feet been roasting? I haven't had any swelling thankfully, but my feet are burning up all the time.
  • @huskervbfan Not my feet specifically, but I find that in general I'm running a lot warmer than I used to. I often find that in the middle of the night I have thrown off all blankets and pulled my shirt up over the bump so it can breathe. 
  • I don’t think I can cross my legs anymore :( It’s not the belly/front that is the problem but it feels like my hip is being pulled when I do it. 
  • @huskervbfan, I usually take my socks off MOTN now because I am hot. I often take off my pants too for the same reason lol
  • I am having the opposite problem. I cannot get warm for the life of me. I’m constantly bundled up.
  • @ibabyloveb87 I'm with you. I'd rather be pants-less and under a blanket than not. I'm really about achieving maximum comfort. 

• I need to adopt this policy...
  • +1 for being too toasty. It's been in the 30s and I keep taking my off when i get on the train in the mornings/evenings. Probably gotten a few looks for it too but whatever.
    Also, we keep a window cracked at night even though it's cold because our apartment is wayyyy too warm. Even if we shut off the radiators, it's still probably 80° in there when DH and I are both more comfortable with it being like 68°. 
  • Before pregnancy, the only time I would ever overheat was while sleeping. Now it happens all the time and especially while sleeping. The only time I really like it is at work because my office is an ice box. 
  • +1 for overheating. Only while I sleep though (at the moment). I wake up all sweaty in my creases and have to kick off the covers. I'm sure our bedroom is like 65, its crazy! I am becoming DH! He is a heater! ;)
  • 🙌🏻 On no pants a blanket. Also definitely no bra the minute I am home, even during the day on weekends. These bras as killing me with the pregnant belly - majorly cutting in! 
  • @optimism3 I am completely the opposite on the bra front. My nipples have been so dry and, even with nipple s cream, going braless makes it so much worse. 
  • @mandk1233 sounds terrible! If we had to look for a bright side you’ll be ahead of lots of us if you BF in terms of being used to them not feeling great 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • @jvk2012 I can't even grasp the concept of wearing socks and pants at this point. Mostly, I have always hated wearing socks no matter how cold I am. But I have been so hot, I sleep completely nude with a small blanket only covering my torso. I usually wake up in the middle of the night with no cover on, room is at 67F and I have my fan blowing on me, still plenty warm. It is a complete 180 from pre-pregnant me. I am so thankful it isn't the summertime right now.