April 2020 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight- Diaper Bags

Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product. Feel free to comment on threads like these throughout your time at the board, not just when they're in their week in the spotlight, if you discover something new OR are new to the board. This week it's.... Diaper Bags!

FTMs are encouraged to ask questions & STM/+s encouraged to share their knowledge based on experience. You can use any or all the prompts relevant to you below to share info in an easy-to-read format. Pictures/screen grabs, if put in spoilers, are welcome!

For all...
Any diaper bags you're interested in?
What style are you considering?
STMs....
What diaper bag do you have?
 What style do you have?
Any features you would reccommend?

To  view the upcoming PSS schedule, see here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j7iBv8rbDsTBMXAK7R3NWhG-619XNbpdNza2uci0iYs/edit#gid=0!
Next up: Baby Monitors
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Product Spotlight- Diaper Bags

• Options
    So I have 2 diaper bags.
    My first diaper bag is a traditional Skip Hop shoulder bag. I like that it's large and can fit a lot and has stroller straps(a must!). The fact that it was so large made it so that its dimensions didn't fit within ballpark bag guidelines which is ultimately why I got a 2nd bag since we were taking DS to a game.
    My 2nd bag is an Eddie Bauer backpack bag I got from Target. Absolutely love a backpack diaper bag and that would be my 1st choice of style now. So nice to have hands free! Bag has lots of pockets and compartments. One feature I really like is the side has a wipe compartment, so you never have to take wipes out. Also, theres a side insulated bottle compartment which is nice too. Also has stroller straps which is a great feature for any diaper bag!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 I also have the huge Skip Hop shoulder bag.   I love all the space and pockets, but I'm also desperately wanting the Eddie Bauer backpack!  With more than one kid the backpack seems so much easier.  The wipe compartment is key!  I'm really hoping to get it for Christmas.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a backpack. I think it’s Jeep. We love having a backpack. It is more comfortable for DH to carry too. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    I had a skip hop shoulder, ok for quick trips, but I LOVE my backpack one and it has a frame around the top so it stays wide mouth when open and is easier to get into things from. It's by HapTim and I got it off amazon. 
    Love it, and will keep using for kid two!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    I love bags anyway so diaper bags have been fun for me. 

What diaper bag do you have? I currently have the JuJuBe Bff and really lIke it. I really wanted a backpack option for two kids, before I had a shoulder bag. 

What style do you have? Backpack but can also be a should bag. 

Any features you would recommend? Pockets for diaper and wipes, machine washable, big enough to hold extra clothes and a mom compartment (wallet, phone, makeup, hair ties, etc). 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• Options
    Following. We had a messenger-style diaper bag from (I think) Eddie Bauer last time, and I hated it. It was awkward, not big enough, and didn't have stroller straps. Looking for a more functional one this time around.
  • Options
    I went through a few diaper bags with DD before I found one that I absolutely loved. I have the Boss Diaper Baby Backpack from Itzy Ritzy. It was an investment, but I bought it on Black Friday a few years ago. I love that it's a back pack, has stroller straps, completely opens all the way up (I had one that only opened from the top and I could never find anything) and has a super thick rubber bottom so it doesn't get ruined if I set it down on the ground/floor. It has held up so so well, I cannot say enough good things about it!
  • Options
    I have a Pacapod tote bag. It has separate spots for adult, removable insulated food pod, and a removable diaper pod. I love love love the diaper pod and it's so easy to carry with me. The food pod is good for snacks too. The actual bag is somewhere in my house 🤷. I was never one to carry around all the stuff anyway so I always left it in my car and just clipped the diaper pod on my regular purse.

MH has the haptim backpack and it's really useful! We don't use that one either 🤣

I think for two kids I'd want a backpack style because you can go hands free. Leaning over to pick up the kid makes my shoulder bag fall off.

• Options
    @doraleigh35 love yours! 

I found a jujube backpack style one for sale used so I’ve bought that one so far. I can see myself having a collection though ... 
  • Options
    I recommend the Hie bag by Grovia. It’s big but amazing.  It has a place to charge your phone and lots of pocket, and a built in changing pad.  The pod is awesome too and has a changing pad as well.   Great for cloth diapers and a work bag.  It can also go from messenger to back pack and has stroller straps. 

I also have a boken bag that I had with my last that I loved.  It was very compact and DH liked it.  I don’t think they are selling them anymore though...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker