June 2020 Moms
Options

November Randoms

Re: November Randoms

• Options
    @FigTreeMama Congratulations! That is so exciting. 

I had to do the 3 hour glucose on Saturday and I found out today I passed. Yay! 

Has anyone else had to take the glucose this early? 
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail it’s only a matter of time before the sex reveals start flooding in...I think now is as good a time as any to start that!
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    OK but can we call it something clever like "Let's talk about sex baby" bahahahaha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Also, I realize that I might be aging myself in that comment.  There are totally moms here who probably have no idea what that refers to.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Also, I realize that I might be aging myself in that comment.  There are totally moms here who probably have no idea what that refers to.
    Noooooooo....
  • Options
    @diagonalley - as someone who firmly belongs in the AMA group...I gotcha.
  • Options
    @diagonalley so as one of the younger ones I do know the song...but from the Pitch Perfect cover in the riff-off and looked it up afterwards?

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    OK but can we call it something clever like "Let's talk about sex baby" bahahahaha
    Yes. This. Also, I am definitely not too young for that. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @FigTreeMama Congratulations! That is so exciting. 

I had to do the 3 hour glucose on Saturday and I found out today I passed. Yay! 

Has anyone else had to take the glucose this early? 
    Congrats on passing! My 3hr is scheduled for the week before Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    @bluehydrangea17 Thanks!

Hmm, I thought I remembered the glucose test (THE WORST!) happening much later in pregnancy, perhaps your initial round of bloodwork made them test early? Congratulations on passing! 
  • Options
    Not an AMA momma and I definitely know the song lol Now however it is stuck in my head. 
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    BFP 10/12/2019, estimated 6 weeks
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    @FigTreeMama Thanks! I, unfortunately, have PCOS which puts me at a higher risk so I have to do it twice. I will need to take it again at 28 weeks  :s
  • Options

@SpartanCat Thanks! Good luck with your 3 hour! I have heard that many people fail the one hour and then pass the 3 hour. I hope it works out for you! 
  • Options

@SpartanCat Thanks! Good luck with your 3 hour! I have heard that many people fail the one hour and then pass the 3 hour. I hope it works out for you! 
    Thank you! My family has a history of diabetes so they tested early. According to Dr. Google, my numbers for my 1hr were elevated but not out of the ballpark so hopefully the three hour goes smoothly.
  • Options
    Ugh, I caught whatever plague is going around the office, nooooo! Can still breathe, seems to all be sinus pressure and post-nasal drip (plus total exhaustion, of course). 
  • Options
    Awkward sex thread made. Info included regarding sex/gender. I feel obligated to remind people of these things as a member of the queer community. Wasn't sure if asking for a sticky for it made sense to others?
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @bluehydrangea17 Thanks!

Hmm, I thought I remembered the glucose test (THE WORST!) happening much later in pregnancy, perhaps your initial round of bloodwork made them test early? Congratulations on passing! 
    My first PG I had it at 26 weeks.  My second PG I had a baseline test before my first appointment, and then again at 26 weeks, but that was a different insurance (Kaiser) and it was their policy for everyone.
  • Options
    @hayhay2501
    I legit laughed out loud to that in the middle of my class (trying to catch up here while kids were doing some indep. work...oops!)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Is it weird to do a general reveal party for a second baby if you didn't the first time? The first time around I wanted a boy so bad and didn't want to cry at a party if it was a girl. Silly I know... This time around I don't have a preference for either gender and am thinking about having one for fun! 
  • Options
    @runwmusic we did a reveal party with our 2nd and not with our first. You do you!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @runwmusic I tend to think of gender reveal (biological sex reveal, really) parties as weird and uncomfortable in general. Personally, I'd rather have a small party to celebrate our incoming kiddo than to explicitly theme that celebration around their anatomy. I'm not really sure what the second kid protocols are, but my friends and family are basically always down for a party as long as they're getting cake. 😂
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I’m also not a huge gender reveal party person. You’re probably going to have a baby shower or sprinkle, why spend even more money on another party? But I do like to surprise people and acknowledge boy girl. With our first we gave grandparents an ornament on Christmas morning with pink pearls and an ultrasound in it. So we still got to surprise them. We’ll probably do something similar level this time around. 

Also, a cousin of my husbands did a gender reveal party and the husband was so upset that they were having another girl. It’s all on film on their facebooks. I can’t imagine being that girl someday and coming across her dads initial reaction to the news. If you do one, really recommend you’re not going to be upset if it’s not what you were hoping. We’ll find out for ourselves at the ultrasound m-it shouldn’t be an extra surprise for us!

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    @alli39 that is the exact reason I didn't do one the first time. If it was a girl I would have been so upset. We won't do a sprinkle or a shower for our second baby though. A reveal would be our only celebration party for this baby. 
  • Options
    I like the idea of a reveal party. A friend of mine had one and it was just a low key backyard party (food, yard games, chilling, a small bon fire) and at one point they opened the pinata for some colored confetti. It was just a fun way to involve the family members that were interested and tell everyone at the same time. Our families are really huge though and I'm not sure I want to foot the bill to plan it so we probably won't. It would be really nice to have an excuse to get everyone together so I'm a little disappointed but whatevs.
  • Options
    Our reveal party was basically just cake and some snacks.  It didn't last long, and only people who wanted to come came.  No gifts.  Just a fun little celebration!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've only been to one gender reveal party, and admittedly it was mostly because we (the friends of the parents-to-be) wanted an excuse to get together. The parents-to-be already knew, so they stuffed a pinata with colored confetti plus adult treats (i.e. mini liquor bottles) and I made cupcakes decorated with all the gender symbols I could find (and perhaps some poorly-drawn genatalia). I don't think we'll do a gender reveal, but that's essentially the kind of party I'm a fan of: low-key and mildly inappropriate/irreverent.
  • Options
    God bless the organizers of the all day meeting I’m in for catering a taco bar for lunch instead of the sandwiches I cannot eat that always seem to show up instead. 
  • Options
    I think there is something so cool about finding out the gender via sono vs getting blood drawn and finding out. I was sooo patient last time but this time around I want to know!!!!! it is driving me nuts, but I dont want to ruin it for my fiance. 
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee omg that’s AMAZING!!!! Kudos to them for a top notch catering idea
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I thought I'd never want to do a gender reveal! I didn't care for a bachelorette or a bridal shower, and don't even want a baby shower. BUT... this sounds like a fun way to announce to friends and family! That said—to echo the comments above—my husband and I would never find out this way ourselves. We'd know the sex of the baby already and just use this to surprise friends and family. Perhaps we'll host a small lunch or something and have cupcakes with a specific color filling. Everyone likes free food and dessert! :P

.........I can't even believe I just wrote this. If you asked me before pregnancy, I'd call you crazy and say he** no! I'll just blame this one on hormones.
  • Options
    Stumbled upon this today, and while it's intended to be about partners who are jerks about bodies, it's got more about body positivity in it. I thought that there might be other people who (like me) could use to read this, as our bodies start changing.

https://www.scarymommy.com/husband-support-accept-your-body/

Also, I opened up a whole thread for discussion on baby sex reveal. Talk about parties could get moved over there. ;)
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am so livid. My sister inlaw some how guessed I am pregnant or my brother inlaw who had strict instructions to keep the secret told her. She basically pressured me into telling her after almost 2 hours of making comments and then just flat out saying she thinks I am pregnant.... I gave in and just said yes okay is that what the f*** you wanted to hear?!?!? I had an entire plan set up.... Not only am I upset with her but I am also disappointed in myself for not just leaving sooner. This is NOT how I wanted to share the news with my inlaws.  
  • Options
    Gah, we're doing it!! We're buying that fixer upper we looked at! Contract is ratified and inspection is Monday!

@lizanet Yikes, seriously? That's so inappropriate of her to do, I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. 
  • Options
    @lizanet That's immature and ridiculous. I have no patience for that, I'm impressed you didn't completely flip out on her.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lizanet that’s insanely rude. I’m so sorry you had to break the news that way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @akoros congrats!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lizanet That's so inappropriate! Even if I suspected, I wouldn't ask. I DEFINITELY wouldn't ask again if my first attempt was evaded.
  • Options
    @LIZANET that is awful. I would have just said nope, just fat but thanks for noticing! Or something to make her shut up. IL sorry she took your news away from you.