March 2020 Moms

November Symptoms

Re: November Symptoms

• @silverhope I was induced at 38 with DD from pre-e. And then I was induced on my due date with DS because I did NOT want to go late. So I have no idea when my body would go into “real” labor on its own? I don’t even know what that’s like. It terrifies me. Lol. But I hope to have a 38 weeks pregnancy!!!! Those last few weeks are the whole dang thing. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @miss.sally @lemonlove86 that’s wild that you guys can tell where the baby is. I still don’t even feel like I have a baby in there :( I wish. And I’m FTM so I’m scared to even push down anywhere on my stomach in fear I’m gonna poke her in her eye or something lol 
  • @silverhope it’s hard for me to tell when my emotions are hormone/pregnancy related bc I usually am easily irritated and annoyed, and cry at everything. Sooo pretty much nothing has changed for me lol 
  • @miss.sally no advice but I feel like my babe is really low, too. The tech even said so at my ultrasound two weeks ago. She is dancing on my bladder and making me have to pee all the time.

otherwise, I am feeling good, but the insomnia has hit new levels this week. I’ve been waking up around 1 almost every night. Last night I was up from 1-3:30. Around 3, my cat caught and killed a mouse, so that woke H up too (thank god). Ugh. Finally got back to sleep a little before 4, and everyone in the house was up at 7:15. 😫
  • @miss.sally baby kicks me in the cervix sometimes like for sure--idk how to solve the "low" prob, but baby kicks me other places at other times, too. i don't love the cervix kicks bc i feel like i feel it twice and the second time it isn't comfortable, if that makes any sense. 

Just was like--burping up bubbles/liquid bubbles? not soap bubbles or bubbles that can like float lol but like instead of just air, liquid plus air that was bubbly. ugh. lol, it's like a new fun stage of heartburn i didn't know was possible, and it's not like i've strayed from eating heartburn friendly today. i am somehow, though, SUPER FULL right now, so i bet it has more to do with that than anything else. despite being full i REALLY want cake...
  • @kagesstarshroom feel you on the being super full but still wanting sweets. So annoying.

sorry you are burpy! I wish you could get some relief. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• I’m watching a Hallmark movie and they had chocolate chip muffins and so I had to make chocolate chip muffins. At 11pm. 
  • @silverhope I've totally had the rage thing. During part of the first trimester I felt like I was possessed by a really cranky demon LOL. I was less emotional in general with DS, and I've been WAY more volatile with this pregnancy. That's how DH decided that this one had to be a girl... and I kinda hate that he was right lol!

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• MalidociousMalidocious member
    edited November 2019
    @lemonlove86 My glucose test is this Friday!  I'm not too nervous about having to drink the sugary beverage, but I'm totally anxious for the results.  Hoping all goes smoothly!

@miss.sally My baby is low, too!  @kantobean My U/S tech said the same thing at our anatomy scan; that the babe was bouncing around on my bladder.  I definitely feel that, lol!  

@kagesstarshroom I'm always hungry for sweets, despite how uncomfortably full I am at any given time.  It's the weirdest thing!

@silverhope YES YES YES to the rage!!!  This entire pregnancy, I have been consistently angry about basically everything.  And if I'm not angry, then I'm suuuuper sad.  I'm having a hard time telling whether it's normal pregnancy hormones or if it's depression/anxiety (because I'm really not doing well in that regard right now).  But either way, I hate it.
  • Fanny daggers!!  LOL!
  • @kagesstarshroom "fanny daggers"  :D:D:D 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stac4056, @miss.sally, @kantobean, @malidocious,  add me to the low baby club also.  I didn't have this issue with my first, with my second it didn't occur til 3rd tri.  This time, I feel pretty much all of the kicks in my low abdomen and LO was hanging out in the lowest corner possible at her anatomy scan... I never feel kicks high up so it doesn't seem like she ever moves up higher.  I sure hope it means she'll come earlier... my other 2 pregnancies both went over the due date.  (induced 5 days after my due date with my first, second came 3 days after he was due.)   I really don't love those last few weeks of pregnancy either.. they take forever and are sooo uncomfortable!

@silverhope, I have to eat when my DS isn't present, too, mostly because he likes to steal half the food off my plate and it's super irritating.  even if I make him his own plate, my plate still looks more appealing to him, I guess.  :D  
  • I feel like mine is pretty low too!!! at the a/s her butt was literally resting on top of my cervix and her legs were all pretzeled up so she was nestled down there. I sometimes can feel her as this ball/mass so low and its very uncomfortable 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Is anyone else swollen? I feel like it is early in the pregnancy to be experiencing this, but holy cow my ankles and calves are ridiculous. I can’t seem to get it down. I’m contemplating giving up gluten and try sow sodium for a while. 
  • @miss.sally yup. Not too bad, but definitely more than I was with DS. I've started wearing compression socks. I eat enough sodium and gluten for a small country, so I'm sure that could be improved upon if needed. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @miss.sally My ankles get a bit swollen pretty often and it surprised me, too!  They're worse when I'm on my feet more throughout the day, but it just seemed so soon. 
  • I haven’t had swelling yet and didn’t last pregnancy. I wear compression socks starting in the 2nd tri though so maybe that helps? I didn’t take any to the hospital last time and the day after delivery my feet and legs swelled up to 2-3x their normal size. I couldn’t get my shoes on to leave the hospital and had to leave in slippers. So this year I’m getting a couple extra pairs to pack in my bag and take to the hospital with me! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @varimama A lot of my socks are compression ones, and they really do help with the swelling!  I usually only swell when I'm in non-compression socks, so I guess I need to start solely wearing that kind from here on out.  Also, adding them to my hospital bag check-list immediately!
  • Oooh @varimama I’ll have to get compression socks! Is there a particular brand you like? I’ve never actually tried them. 

@stassischroeder and @Malidocious I’m glad to hear other people are experiencing swelling also! I don’t remember it starting this early with DS, and since I had preeclampsia with DD I’m just nervous about all the things. 
  • @miss.sally I have these and plan on getting some more. I like that they are more like actual socks than some of the more traditional compression socks. They aren’t a ton of compression but they seem to work for me anyway. I only wear them during the day. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P4CMTDW/?coliid=I24W2MPZPLXXJZ&colid=2OD99LAKTVV4D&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
    EDD 11/24/23

• @miss.sally @varimama @stassischroeder an OB in my family swears by compression hose/tights, whatever you want to call them. He says they're overall better for circulation than a sock because it promotes circulation throughout the entire bottom half of your body, and the socks can actually cut off circulation where the sock ends. He also recommended I wear them on a flight but I couldn't imagine taking off tights, let alone compression tights, on a flight having to pee every 20 minutes  :D
  • @lemonlove86 but compression hose/tights are SO UNCOMFORTABLE *whines*. I can totally see how they'd be better for circulation, but I can't fathom wearing a boa constrictor on the bottom half of my body all day right now. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stassischroeder oh I FEEL you! I was sweating thinking about wearing those and taking them off in a tiny bathroom... I haven't worn them but he did say they are supposed to go up over your belly? Seems like one of those pieces of advice doctors give you that really helps but like, I really don't want to follow  :D (FFFC, maybe? haha!)
  • +1 to the very low baby club! At my last ultrasound her head was right against my cervix and I’ve noticed she likes the nestle there. It is the WEIRDEST sensation when she wiggles. I told my husband I hope this doesn’t mean she trying to escape early lol 🤞🏽 @miss.sally idk if this works but I’m noticed baby will move higher if I lay in a fetal position. My theory is that I am leaving less space for her “down there” but I could be making it up.

@lemonlove86 I have my test in two weeks. Luckily my OB has wifi so I can get some work done and not just waste the day!
  • You guys, the Braxton Hicks contractions are out of control. I have so many every day. I’m pretty sure since this is my 4th pregnancy and I have no other signs or symptoms that I should be concerned about, that they’re not harmful but they’re so annoying and uncomfortable. It feels way too early for all of this. Last week at my anatomy scan the tech caught one on the ultrasound and she was like “whoa, that’s a big one”. I’ve also had my fair share of lighting crotch and kicks to the cervix lately. 😖
  • @mommytimesfour I'd ask your OB about it just to be safe! I imagine they'll just tell you to rest and drink lots of water, but it doesn't hurt to ask. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @mommytimesfour my MW told me today if I have 10 contractions in two hours I need to call them. So you might want to check in with your doc.
  • MalidociousMalidocious member
    edited November 2019
    @varimama Ooh I like those compression socks!  They look like the pairs I have, but I'm a sucker for a good knee sock. 

@lemonlove86 I'm willing to try compression tights!  But now I'm nervous about it because of @stassischroeder's reaction  :D 

@mommytimesfour Have you called your OB about the Braxton Hicks?  I'm curious what they say!  It seems so soon to have so many!  I'm sure you're totally fine, though!  :)  I hope they stop for you, at least for a few weeks!
  • I just broke into tears after my PCP appt! I went to check on my stupid big toe that has been swollen and painful for the past two weeks bc of an ingrown toe nail (get them all the time but they never last this long). The doctor prescribed Keflex (7 day antibiotic) bc she said it’s been 2 weeks of swelling. She said it’s not going to hurt the baby and that they prescribe it for people with UTIs during pregnancy all the time. I do NOT want to take antibiotics being pregnant. UGH. Any STMs  have any experience with antibiotics? Ugh...
  • @mrsc918 why don’t you want to take antibiotics? I had to take some for a UTI. As far as I’m concerned an infection is a lot more harmful to the baby than antibiotics
    EDD 11/24/23

• @mrsc918 I’ve been on antibiotics twice already this pregnancy for a kidney infection and then a UTI. While I definitely don’t love the idea of antibiotics, the infection itself can do way more damage! Just make sure to eat lots of yogurt while you’re on it 😊
  • This may be the dumbest thing I’ve ever asked - but anyone else pee a little when they sneeze sometimes? Lol is this normal? I figured this would come after a vaginal birth not before 😂
  • @dunder_mifflin ugh yea so much! I remember it a bit with DS though not as bad as it is now as a STM. Coughing too for me! This cold has been fun... I think it’s because I can’t empty my bladder completely no matter how hard I try. I do all the tricks like lean forward, stand up, wait a minute and try again. Still if I cough or sneeze even immediately after going I pee a little. I recommend daily panty liners and maybe something heavier for a cold... I’m busting out my leftover postpartum pads until I get this cough under control 😢
    EDD 11/24/23

• @varimama so funny you say that, I just coughed on the way to the bathroom and o peed a little 😂 pregnancy is a magical time. It was happening a bit before, then it stopped. Now it’s started again so I’ll keep an eye out. 
  • @dunder_mifflin yeah I started leaking around 15 weeks with my first pregnancy. I've been keeping the panty liner manufacturers in business ever since!

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @dunder_mifflin I've been leaking a bit, too, when I sneeze (or cough)!  It's not every time, though... yet.
  • @dunder_mifflin I'm the same as @Malidocious! Sometimes a sneeze = peeing a bit, other times not. 
  • @dunder_mifflin Yes, yes, yes. Before, after, and my new always and forever haha.
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020