Trouble TTC

TTTC Check In w/o 10/28

Please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. 

QOTW: What's a very "you" style of clothing or accesory? What's something you would be caught dead wearing?

Any Rants/Raves from this past week? Tell us about it!

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:
prpl11butterfly: dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone
cigaline: Dx: unexplained/MFI Rx: IUI
sincethelastday: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
optimisim3: Dx: endometriosis, Hashi’s, possibly adenomyosis Rx: IUI
littleredm: Dx: endometriosis and unexplained Rx: IVF
nancinator: Dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
ceauth: Dx: Borderline PCOS, unexplained Rx: medicated IUI
To be added to our Hall of Fame, please let us know when you are comfortable with us doing so!

PAGING:

@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IVF

@chiblackhawkie - rx: IUI

@blackrose-9 - Dx: PCOS Rx: Femara

@hithertorue - Dx: Low AMH/MFI, unexplained Rx: IVF 

@2dogsmom - Dx: ovulation dysfunction Rx: IUI

@sara_tory: Dx: PCOS, endometriosis, adenomyosis Rx: IUI 

@ase33 - Dx: PCOS, complex endometrial hyperplasia, amenorrhea Rx: Femara + TI 

@olivklau - Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI

@knockupthestock - Dx: PCOS Rx: Letrozole, dexa, Clomid, trigger, progesterone, and TI.

@b_1029 - Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI

@meri-mac  -Dx: Unexplained sub-fertility, Rx: IVF

@b_free_3  -Dx: PCOS RX: letrozole and ovidrel trigger

FRIENDS REJOINING US AND NEWCOMERS:

To be added to our weekly roll call, please provide the following:

1.  Briefly introduce yourself (or reintroduce yourself), if you didn't post a separate introduction post.

2.  What is your diagnosis? (Dx)

3.  What is your treatment plan? (Rx)

*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: TTTC Check In w/o 10/28

• Thanks sooo much @inthewoods23 for kicking us off this week. I live in Northern CA so we’ve been without power due to the high winds and fire danger, and since my cell phone refuses to load the forum I was stuck! 

@b_1029 hope this is the one for you, sounds positive!! I have had a couple of months without ovulation pain and been wondering about that too, but it’s probably just timing and other factors. I know if I’m dehydrated I feel it so much more! 

AFM just on the TWW but all the fires and power outages have kept me busy and barely thinking about it. We are super fortunate that we are totally safe from fire where we live (though I have felt horrible from all the smoke the last few days) but a lot of my friends an hour north have had to evacuate. 
  • @2dogsmom I figured you were having phone issues again. Glad you guys are safe from the fires! But the whole being without power for DAYS would drive my anxiety through the roof! Not to say that a freaking fire wouldn't, I'd probably be in a damn panic. Whew!

I'm also in the TWW! I finally ovulated while on vacation! (Which was absolutely fun!) Wait did I mention all this in the last thread? 🤔 FF refuses to give me CH but I had a temp spike and now all my temps are 98 or above. Pre-O temps were hovering right around 97.

I never did catch a positive OPK. I was doing them every other day and it was nearly positive on Thursday before we left but when we got to the hotel that night I had to pee really bad so I went and completely forgot to dip an OPK. My guess is my surge may have occurred on Wednesday or (less likely) on Thursday because my OPK Friday morning was back to being super negative (like not much of a line there at all). But I woke up Saturday to a temp spike so now I finally have an idea of when I should expect AF!

QOTW: What's a very "you" style of clothing or accessory? What's something you would be caught dead wearing?
    I'm definitely a wearer of shirts that are shades of olive green, it's probably my favorite. That or dark colors. I love things that have a lot of functionality or edgey - I'm a lover of dresses with pockets and lace boots with buckles (but not like goth level of buckles). Kinda rugged but feminine. And I'm sort of becoming known for my red aviator sunglasses.

I wouldn't be caught dead in flared or even boot cut jeans. Skinnies or go home! I also would never wear a solid orange shirt.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi, this is my first time on a forum like this. I am still uncertain about a lot of the acronyms. I am 36 yo and we are ttc (1st) for the last 2 years. This cycle I was given clomid 50 mg days 5-9 and I had my first IUI today. I am simultaneously doing acupuncture too. I slept all afternoon after my IUI but am having lower back pain and mild cramping every now and then. Is that normal? Also, am I in the right forum?
    Dx is insulin tolerance Rx IUI+clomid 50mg day 5-9
    I am most comfortable in pencil skirts and tunic tops. I'd never wear a full length dress as it makes me look short and I don't need help with that. :)
  • @inthewoods23 well even without the OPK being positive the temp rise and other factors definitely help you predict when AF will come. That took quite a while to O this cycle so I can only imagine how crazy you would be going if you didn’t temp! 

@amgpg25 Welcome! You are definitely in the right place. We are sorry you have to be here but hope you find some comfort in this community.  As for the acronyms, you definitely get used to them. There is a pinned post at the top that covers them, and feel free to ask! Everyone here is super friendly and helpful! 

Totally normal to have cramping/some pain after IUI. I have quite a bit of cramping for about 24-36 hours after them. 
  • @2dogsmom  Thank you so much for your detailed reply. I did see the pinned post after I posted here, very helpful. Thanks to whoever took the time to do that. So glad to have you all. Would love to help in any way possible too. 
  • @amgpg25 welcome! Hope your stay here is short

@2dogsmom the latest I've O'ed was CD25 or 26. But in those cycles my OPKs had some color to them the whole time and you could see them gradually get darker. For a whole week my OPKs never got darker so it was driving me crazy wondering what was going on. Here's my chart this morning. Still no CHs, but if I did put a +opk in the CH would show. My Flo app for some reason thinks CD30 was O day (I get CH there with the same data that's in FF), but that was the day of the temp jump and that doesn't make sense.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 that is really odd. I have super long cycles so O on day 30 isn’t out of the question for me, but interesting temp chart!! Either way seems like you are waiting for AF at this point. Will the fact it took so long mess with your timing at all? 
  • @2dogsmom nah, just delayed the timeline by a week and a half. My cycles are normally 30-33 days so thankfully we're not losing a whole month or something. I might technically be benched for December due to the labs being closed for 3 weeks, I'm anticipating the next transfer to be somewhere around the end of January or into February. But we'll see once my next cycle starts.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • It looks like each person has their own experience with TTC. I have been reading all of your experiences and that gives me courage. All of you who have shared your experiences are being so brave and considerate. Thank you all again. 

Today is still 2 days after my IUI, I am still cramping, having lower back pain, disturbed sleep. I don't want to be paranoid, but suddenly every twinge and bend in my body seems amplified. I am trying not to be the patient calling up my RE's office with every symptom. I still did call them today as my lower back is really screaming. They asked me to take a tylenol and call immediately if I have a fever. No fever so far (Fx). I have had some chills, once last night and once this morning. I also felt nausea for a few minutes. When I am concentrating on my work, a lot of the symptoms vanish (Except the lower back pain). Do you all exercise during the TWW? I am so scared to exercise as I don't know what is too much.
  • @amgpg25 I think with IF treatments we just pay more attention to our bodies. Before I never really thought much about how I felt in the TWW, but after the IUIs and the FET, I seemed to notice twinges more often but that was probably my brain grasping at anything that could be a hint that they worked.

Was this your first IUI?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23: Yes my first IUI, first cycle on clomid too.
  • @amgpg25 you may just be feeling nervous or anxious with this being your first IUI. It wouldn't hurt to call or email the RE and just ask at what severity should you be concerned with the back pain and cramps you're having. I'm sure they would be happy to help ease your concerns!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @amgpg25 I agree with @inthewoods23. When we are TTGP we magnify every little twinge, but there is no harm in checking with your nursing team if it gives you peace of mind. They are used to it and would rather know than not. With regards to exercise, my RE said no high impact exercises, like running, as they want the blood flowing to your uterus. She said I should be fine with a morning and evening walk with my pupper :smile:
  • @inthewoods23 and @meri-mac thank you for the replies. The nursing staff asked me to take tylenol and that did help. I am doing some walking and light yoga. Yoga actually helped with reducing the symptoms yesterday. Today, so far no symptoms. Keeping Fx. :) 
  • hey everyone! i've missed y'all while i've been away on our belated "honeymoon" to Scotland! we just got back this week after three weeks, so i am catching up on everyone's posts!

@meri-mac and @amgpg25 - welcome! sorry you have to be here, but i hope you find this group as helpful and supportive as i have

@inthewoods23 sounds like you have a lot happening these next few months! best of luck with all of it

@2dogsmom stay safe with the fires and everything! i hope (for your sake as well as many others) that they can get them controlled and stopped very soon. hope your TWW is going well also!

@hithertorue my heart broke when i read your post about your BFN. i am so sorry. i hope that taking a break for now will be a good thing for you, and know we are here anytime you need us!

@b_1029 hope your TWW is going well, and FX for this time! so glad the numbers looked better this time.

AFM: we are still taking a break. its kinda nice to not have to worry about meds and stuff during our honeymoon and the upcoming holidays. we are hosting thanksgiving at our house with DH's parents and 6 siblings (2 of whom are marred, so there will be my BIL's wife and my SIL's husband as well, making it a total of 12 people in our house!!). that'll be stressful enough without added hormones, haha, as i struggle with them sometimes. on top of that, i'm worried the SIL and her husband or the BIL and his wife will announce that they're pregnant, as I know at least one of the couples have been trying. so i'm trying not to think of that too much haha. 

this will be our third month without any fertility drugs, and weirdly enough i had another period without medical intervention! the first one after we stopped the meds was in September, and I was thinking maybe it was just some remaining meds in my system that caused it. but then (the day we flew to Scotland, of course) i started my period in October and had a full period, even though its been months since we've done meds. i have continued the metformin, as it is helpful overall with PCOS and insulin resistance. maybe that is what has done it? overall, it is so interesting to me since i've always needed medicines (either BC or IF related) to have a period. i'm also not sure if i'm ovulating or if i'm having a period without ovulating....this is all new to me haha. i had some egg white CM towards the end of our trip, so i'm curious as to if i ovulated then, but i didn't do any OPK testing and it's too late to do any testing now. if i get AF again, i will start OPKs for sure to see what i can discern. bodies are so crazy!

you ladies are fabulous. i'm really grateful for you! i had to use quite a bit of self control to not check on y'all while i was overseas, but i'm glad i'm back with y'all. :)

married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21