January 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Check-in Groups 3&4 (Jan 17-31) w/o 10/28

2»

Re: Weekly Check-in Groups 3&4 (Jan 17-31) w/o 10/28

• Options
    @mispanda we are totes in the same boat. We have closer hospitals as back up, butttt I love my Dr and I love the hospital they practice out of so I would rather deliver there.

@biolprof we share the same feels for sure! <3
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    @biolprof fantastic news!! 🤗
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MollySm so cute!!!!
  • Options
    @MollySm glad you finally get to relax with some hot cocoa!  And your costumes are so cute!!! 🤗
  • Options
    @schreibaby I feel your pain, as we just moved about a month ago. I have been busy getting things unpacked and dealing with unexpected issues with the house (grrrr). Also work has been very busy for DH and I so it's been a juggling act.

@stashattack love your sense of humor! Our shower is also this wknd. Both of our families (and quite a few of our close friends) are out of state, so we will have a house-full of people. That's also why we've been working to get the house settled quickly. Thank God for my Mom, she came in town a week early and is helping pull last minute touches together. Our shower is going to be like a party, coed with bartender (for the guests, not me of course). Looking forward to it! Will be like a reunion from our wedding, which was destination. 

EDD/Weeks + days: Jan 24/27w 5.days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant

Upcoming appointments: Nov 18

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Still feeling with heartburn but I take tums for it and that alleviates it quickly. My appetite is a bit increased as well. 

Raves/Rants: i wake up almost every night/early morning. Its 4:30am right now as I'm writing this. Anxiety about being settled in the house/being ready for baby/can't settle on a a name/being prepared for delivery/ need to choose car seat and stroller/<insert 100 other things>. 

Other than that, I enjoy feeling baby kick!

Questions: None right now

GTKY: Tell us/show us your Halloween costume! No costume for me, but I did buy candy because our new neighbors told us that Halloween is quite popular in the neighborhood. 
  • Options
    @ivyphotoop, I've been up since 2. It sucks royally.
  • Options
    @MollySm those costumes are so cute!

@mispanda glad to hear that the official word is no PreE! Also glad to hear good news from your appointment today @biolprof!  
  • Options
    @MollySm love the costumes!
  • Options
    Congrats in a great scan and being excited @biolprof!!

That's great on being cleared as not pre-e @mispanda

@MollySm those are awesome costumes!!
  • Options
    Thanks to you all for your input on birth plans! I think I will make a simple one just in case I'm not able to articulate what I want while pushing a baby out of me, lol. My biggest fear is that I will have to deliver in the hospital (I'm planning to be in a birth center where many of my preferences are standard, but certain things can "risk you out" of there and into the hospital) and I'll be forced to undergo a bunch of interventions I don't want. 

Thanks, @cats_in_a_window for the link to birth plans feed. Very helpful! 

amb0924 I feel you on the waddle! I can't tell the baby's position at all. I feel little jabs that I think must be hands or feet, but I'm totally clueless as to where the baby's head is, or back is, or whatever. I just know if I feel the kicks, she's doing well in there. 

marebear15 Yes, I do have to have a 34-week growth scan to check her size and position. I'm not 100% clear on what exactly would happen if she is still measuring large. Maybe they'd adjust my due date? 

stashattack I feel you on the sleeplessness. I will fall asleep for a few hours, wake up for a few hours... it seems to come in phases. I'll get a decent night's sleep for 3-4 days, then have insomnia for 2-3 days. It sucks!

biolprof That sounds so rough, and it's totally understandable to be anxious and upset thinking about the worst-case scenario. I don't want to blame everything on hormones - it's a lot to cope with - but I have personally noticed it's getting harder to manage my emotions lately. Glad to hear you got good news and are feeling better! 
  • Options
    @schreibaby - I don't think they would adjust your due date this late in the game. They might talk about inductions though or have more scans to make sure the baby is okay. My DD1 was measuring 89% at her anatomy scan but by our recheck, she had dropped several percentiles and came out 1 week late at 8lbs4oz.