March 2020 Moms
Options

Monday B*Fest 9/9

What has you riled up to start the week? 
Me: 33 | DH: 34
Married: October, 19, 2015
EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
EDD 11/24/23
(Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

Re: Monday B*Fest 9/9

• Options
    @varimama Oh hell no! That's a lame way to get back at ONE neighbor, since it impacts everyone around. As someone who has to wake up at 12:30am for work, I HATE when people set off fireworks, since it basically means no sleep for me the entire week of 4th of July. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @varimama That is absolutely insane and not appropriate. I hate fireworks even on the 4th of July, but at least there is SORT of a good reason then. I'd be very annoyed.

Mine is a "staff meeting my office has at 10 AM where we are supposed to come in and say our two strengths as well as everyone else's two best strengths. Talk about a complete waste of time.
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    @varimama what in the hillbilly is going on over there to set off fireworks in early Sept??

AFM - I'm really put off by how our office handles baby showers. it is SO effin' tacky (this may be a UO) that we pool together 300+ (sometimes 400+) dollars for baby shower gifts. I'm a personal believer that lunch & cake, with a small cute gift is appropriate. Our business administrator just sent out the list of gifts she purchased for the next one and included the prices. I was HORRIFIED. So much so that I went to her and asked that she not take up a collection for me (we do it for everyone as a "surprise") as I do not want to feel indebted to my coworkers for such a ridiculous amount of money. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    @stassischroeder which probiotics do you give him? I’ve been researching ones for DS because he’s been on (and still will be) antibiotics since he was 6 weeks old because of his kidney problems. He will hopefully be off of them in the next six months and then I plan to do ALL the probiotics. 
  • Options
    Ok y’all. This is probably going to be a freaking book, so get comfy if you feel like reading. 

So backstory. DD(9) is from a previous marriage. ExH is not very present in our lives. He sees her maybe once a year and talks to her once every 4-5 months. He lives across the country and is re-married and has two other kids. 

So H and I are planning this big trip down to Colombia this winter. His sister lives there and is married to a Colombian. They have three small kids so it was easier for us to take our two there (plus Cartegena is basically the Caribbean of Colombia and I cannot freaking wait to relax on the beach). I emailed exH because he has to sign a consent form in order for me to get DD a passport. And he WON’T EFFING DO IT. He said Colombia is the most dangerous country in the world and he couldn’t believe I’d put her in that situation and blah blah blah. It was. Like 20 years ago. But we have been down there before and it’s beautiful and safe as long as you aren’t in the mountains with the drug cartels. Which we aren’t planning. Duh. 

So I tell him it’s safe. We are visiting family in a VERY touristy location and staying at a resort. He doesn’t respond. 

Two days later he says “how about DD comes here and spends Christmas with me instead”. Excuse me what? She’s never been there. She’s NINE. I’m not letting her fly alone. Plus this is a once in a lifetime trip with her whole family. I told him we would be going before Christmas so maybe we can work something out when we get back but she can’t fly alone so he’d have to fly back and forth with her. Now he won’t respond.

I think he’s literally trying to be a douche canoe just to be one. He’s uber controlling (can you tell?) but it makes no sense because he doesn’t care about her the other 99.9% of the year. Why now? So I’m off to the passport agent this week to see if there’s anything I can do without his consent. My concern is that we do it anyways and then he calls the police on me for taking her out of the country. (He called the cops on me another time because I wouldn’t let him see her because he was in a violent rage and the police actually laughed in his face). It was still terrifying and traumatic for me. And I think it would be even worse if I were out of the country (and hugely pregnant), to have something like that happen. Even if I didn’t do anything wrong. I just don’t want to deal. 

My pregnancy hormones aren't making this any easier and we are quickly running out of time to plan anything/book a resort/get flights but obviously cannot do anything without passports. So. Here’s hoping the agent will take pity on me and help a sister out. 

End of book. Thanks for reading if you made it this far 😂
  • Options
    My Monday bitch is that I shared a few of our boy name ideas and did not get great feedback from DH's family. All the names we like are classic boy names, so nothing crazy, but they were not impressed. I am probably the idiot for sharing. Now I'm questioning the names that we love. 
  • Options
    @miss.sally I'm  sorry your ex has to be so difficult. I really hope he comes to his senses so you can go on that trip; what a fun experience for your family! 
  • Options
    @miss.sally GIRL. My DS is also from a previous relationship and his dad is a real piece of work. I'm so sorry he's going out of his way to be difficult. I say do your best to get the passport and go on your trip as planned. If it's really about spending time with DD (which it's clearly not) then you can figure out that stuff later. He can't stop you from going on vacation, there's not even a smidge of a legal case even if you share custody of her equally. I hope he comes around though and stops being a PITA.
  • Options
    @jenEP DH shared our names with his family and it did not go well. I didn't tell him not to, which is my bad, but I was way grouchy over the way DH's grandma responded to the names. It doesn't matter, we don't intend to change our names over anybody else's bad opinion. But it still stung for sure.
  • Options
    @varimama w-o-w that is a dick move about the fireworks! 

@stassischroeder aw boo to throwing up all that water you drunk like a good pregnant citizen.

I didn't put my cloth bag all the way in my cart, and a (glass) jar of mayo fell out in the grocery store parking lot like, as I entered the crosswalk, and splattered everywhere--embarrassing, and a waste of $! The people in the grocery store were super nice and sent ppl out to clean it up for me (!!!) but like. ugh. I was mortified.
  • Options
    I would have to say that having a terrible weekend put a damper on my mood.

First, on Friday my husband's car gets towed from his friend's complex for no reason. He was the only car to get towed while other cars just received a notice. So we're out $400. Hopefully we can fight it by finding a fault in technicality. Then on Saturday, my 2-yr-old car decides to die in the Costco parking lot... in 93 degree weather. I'm still waiting to hear what's wrong with it. Even the service people are baffled. Fortunately, I have extended warranty. Lastly on Sunday, I got in a huge fight with my mother right before her flight home for making the very last insensitive comment I can withstand. And I was tired of her saying I was being confrontational when I ask simple questions. For example, my toddler was touching an unplugged computer tower that was sitting on our dining chair. She tells him not to touch it because it will electrocute him. I ask her how he would be electrocuted if it's not plugged in. That's when she said I was being confrontational. Like, huh? Her one night stay turned into 9 days. Honestly, she overstayed her welcome 4 days prior. Lastly, since my husband left to go out of town Sunday morning I had to get everything ready by myself this morning. I was so queasy and dizzy, I don't know how I managed to make it though. And I have to do it again tomorrow. Ugh. Hats off to you ladies who have to do this on the regular!

My only saving grace is that I got to see my healthy little girl at my doctor's appt this morning. She had the back of her hand on her forehead. I feel you girl. Most def.

The universe truly disliked our family last weekend. It was rough.
    1999 - Starting dating (in High School!)
    2005 - Got hitched
    2009 - Trying to grow our family...
    2017 - BFP!! Baby Declan born December 2017
    2019 - BFP!! Baby Girl EDD March 2020 
  • Options
    DH is away on business this week and I'm realizing just how much "being pregnant" has taken over as my "hobby", and now that I have no one around who cares as much as I do it's a pretty isolating feeling.

This is just a reality of starting a family in the US but it's driving me crazy. The lack of maternity leave entitlement is crippling any opportunity I could have seized for career growth for a while and I'm likely to be stuck in this same position (which I've wanted out of for a long time now) for at least 5 years.
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 omg I freaking hate pointless business meetings. Hugest pet peeve. I hated that at my old job. Drove me absolutely bonkers.

@miss.sally oof so sorry about your ex being so controlling and refusing to budge or respond. I agree with @varimama I’d lie about where the passport is for now. And then like riiiiight before we leave, text him “jk going to Colombia. Text u when we are safely home.”

@justlauren05 oof. That is a rough few days. Your mom sounds like my mom with blaming me for being confrontational when I’m just stating facts. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @miss.sally I'm so sorry about your ex. I understand why it's a requirement, but it also seems unnecessary for someone to have a say who sees their kid once a year. Hopefully it works out, because it sounds like an awesome trip!

@jenEP Sorry about the name judgement. This is unfortunately why I don't plan on sharing our name ideas. We won't decide for sure until we meet him, but I don't want someone's opinion to get in the way of what we love or what feels right to us. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    MalidociousMalidocious member
    edited September 2019
    I know it's not Monday anymore but I just really want to bitch about things... it's been a really rough week and it's only Wednesday!  Work has never been busier for me lately.  I'm part of a labor union negotiation and it is brutal.  On top of that, every freaking person wants something totally random from me at work, so I'm unable to actually get anything productive done that I need to do.  Also, so much road construction started yesterday, it doubles the amount of time it takes me to get to or from work/home.  It's so annoying, and my hormones are everywhere, so today I just ended up crying and yelling at a bus that was taking entirely too long to freaking turn down a road I shouldn't have even been on if the main roads weren't freaking under construction.  /rant

Phew, sorry guys.

------

@miss.sally I am so sorry your ex is being such a douche-nozzle.  I hope you're able to work something out and have an amazing, relaxing trip!

And to everyone who has shared names and gotten negative feedback, I'm in the same boat.  My partner and I went out to dinner with my parents and my sister, and they were asking us about names.  We threw out a few, mostly family names from my boyfriend's family, and my mom and sister were SO rude about every single name.  It was almost embarrassing.  Now they're sending me names they like and I'm just rolling my eyes.  
  • Options
    @miss.sally yea you said it, your ex needs to get with the times, Colombia will be fine, anything can happen anywhere. Sounds like he's just jealous of the awesome experience you'll be providing for your DD and trying to hold her back, what a jerk.