edited August 2019 in January 2020 Moms
Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is the most awkward/embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you (but funny!)?

Re: Weekly Check-in Groups 3&4 (Jan 17-31) w/o 8/26

• Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 25th 18wks2days

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): bell pepper

Upcoming Appointments: this Friday, Aug 30th. Cannot wait! I haven't been in since July 25th and I'm dying to hear the heartbeat. I had considered getting a home doppler but read too many things against it so I chickened out but I'm going a little crazy without that reassurance. 

How are you feeling?: annoyingly, not pregnant. Other than my lightning boob, I feel totally normal and it makes me anxious. 

Rants/Raves: the weather has reached that perfection of still sunny and bright outside, but with cool air and just a hint of maybe it will rain. Not too hot, not too cool, just perfect. 

Questions: none at the moment

GTKY: What is the most awkward/embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you (but funny!)? Oh geeze, I have too many awkward moments. This one always makes me laugh though. When I was about 23 and living in my own apartment, I had a neighbor a few doors down who was this really hot guy that I would always exchange smiles with in passing. Well one day he knocks on my door with a cup in his hand and asks if I have any milk he can borrow/have. In retrospect, maybe this was his way of breaking that ice, I dunno. But I stammered and said I didn't think so, then shouted "wait, yea, I do! I saw some in the fridge earlier" (keep in mind this was a time in my life, early 20's, where I was rarely home, always out and about, eating out most of the time) so I take his cup and pour him some milk and he thanks me and winks at me and leaves. A couple minutes later he knocks on my door again and says "I just thought you should know your milk has gone bad. I took a drink and it was really sour" and he makes this face. I felt mortified. My first real interaction with the hot guy and I give him sour milk 😅😅😅 he never smiled at me quite the same after that 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 18 wks 3 days

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): croissant

Upcoming Appointments: Sept 10, anatomy scan!

How are you feeling?: Been feeling a lot of cramps lately. I never felt this last pregnancy, so I'm not sure if it's early Braxton Hicks or just my uterus stretching. Trying to decide if I should talk to my doctor or not.

Rants/Raves: DD took a nap in her toddler bed Sunday! She stayed in and slept for a decent nap. We're going to stick with naps for a bit then move her fully there. 

Questions: What do Braxton Hicks feel like? As a FTM, I didn't feel them or at least not that I know of.

GTKY: What is the most awkward/embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you (but funny!)? I used to fall up stairs all the time in middle school. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 23rd- 18w4d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: dyingggg to find out

Baby is the size of a(n): artichoke

Upcoming Appointments: 09/10 for anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: feeling in a bit of a rut to be honest. I still don't feel the babies moving and am honestly just not feeling that pregnant. I feel like my bump should be bigger and I should be enjoying this, but I'm not sure what it is. I think I always get like this between appointments, can't help the anxiety setting in. 

Rants/Raves: went to a baseball game with my dad yesterday. It was nice to enjoy some father/daughter time before the babies come

Questions: I know that I'll be getting whooping cough booster as well as flu shot, but what about significant other/siblings/parents? What is everyone's plan. I'd love anyone near the babies to get both, but feel weird forcing anyone to do anything. 

GTKY: What is the most awkward/embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you (but funny!)? So I was on my college's dance team, and it was a school that's actually really good at basketball. We were on ESPN college game day (nationally televised) and..... I fell on my butt. My husband definitely screengrabbed that piece of the DVR recording and it lives in infamy. LOL SO EMBARRASSING! 
  • Options
    @peppyj9 your gtky is too cute! We are definitely in that weird time of pregnancy where you’re just waiting. Waiting to feel movement, waiting fornappts, nothing is really going on. You’ll get over that hump eventually! 

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/22 18w5d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Purple

Baby is the size of a(n): tall Frappuccino 

Upcoming Appointments: 9/4 MFM growth scan w/ possible amnio 🤞

How are you feeling?: ok. I’ve been feeling movement with both so that is reassuring. PGAL brain has been kicking in periodically. 

Rants/Raves: ds starts school next week and I’m so excited for him (and me 😆). Dh had the weekend off so we we’re able to catch up on some stuff. I went grocery shopping yesterday by myself and it wiped me out. I had crazy rlp towards the end and passed out on the couch afterwards. Allergies has hit both ds and i like a ton of bricks too. I also found some things I want to make for the nursery. I feel like I’m holding myself back from really getting into it though. 

Questions: not right now

GTKY: What is the most awkward/embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you (but funny!)? I can’t think of any right now. I’m sure I’ll come back and edit at some point. 
  • Options
    FyreFlyeRushFyreFlyeRush member
    edited August 2019
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 18w1d, Jan 26

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: I'm Blue da ba dee da ba die

Baby is the size of a(n): Pint of Ben & Jerry's

Upcoming Appointments:Tomorrow for regular OB, Friday MFM

How are you feeling?: At the moment, great! Symptoms seem to come and go. One week I feel great, the next miserable. Mostly, heartburn, back pain, RLP, and HOT...zOMG HOT. But, I'm not puking this week (yet), so a plus!

Rants/Raves: Today was DS1s first day of 2nd grade. So glad school started back up. Not sure how I feel about his teacher yet, but his dad and I have no issues pulling him from the class if there's a personality clash. He was bullied by his Kindergarten teacher, and we really don't take chances after letting that go on longer than we should have.

Questions: I want to plan a babymoon for Columbus Day weekend. Any suggestions on a quick, pregnancy friendly getaway? SO suggested Vegas, but...I don't gamble or drink, and there's not much else to do when you're 24w pregnant.He also said Maine, but couldn't be anymore specific than that, so maybe something in the New England area? Or maybe I should cave and do the National Mall.

GTKY: What is the most awkward/embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you (but funny!)? I honestly don't know, but this is the most recent: 

I got a call from security to say I had a new hire waiting for me. I was surprised, because I didn't know we HAD a new hire. I went downstairs and this really gorgeous guy was there. I was like WOW, we hired someone NORMAL looking for once. The guy wouldn't look at me. He barely spoke to me, and I thought, What an A-hole. Later, my admin managed to get him laughing and something about the laugh made me turn around...and I recognized the smile. "You look really familiar..." He got this oh sh*t oh sh*t look on his face, and acted like he was trying to remember. "Sea World". Then, it clicked, and 25 year old memories came crashing down. That smile has haunted me for 23 years, since the last time I saw it.

According to him and my admin, I turned BRIGHT RED and fled the room. I remember saying Oh...my...gosh....then bolted up, ran down stairs, and told my BFF, "I f**ked the new hire." Her: Wait...What?! Me: "In HIGH SCHOOL! I f**ked the new hire!" Once I calmed down, and went back upstairs, he moved to my desk. My last name is unique, so he knew since he got his new hire paperwork, and thought I'd be a total female dog once I recognized him...hence his refusal to look at or speak to me. My admin said she watched her mature, professional, composed boss turn into a 16yo giggling school girl. "What just happened here?" It would be a few weeks before I explained to her. We've been together ever since. 
  • Options
    @persnickity bh are just like a tightening of your abdomen. I’ve heard some people say they feel like menstrual cramps. I’ve been having a lot of rlp recently. Could it be that? 
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush omg your GTKY is amazing. Love it!!
    @amb0924 @peppyj9 I would say give yourself another week. I really was feeling not a whole lot of anything last week. And it definitely was the game of gas or Athena. 19weeks I've definitely have been feeling her being super active when I sit down and am chill for an hour.
    @persnickity FTM here and i've been getting cramping lately too. I've been chalking it up to stretching of the uterus. 

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/17; 19w3d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): Mango

Upcoming Appointments: 9/4 anatomy scan, 9/30 OB, 10/30 OB

How are you feeling?: Emotional. Shit went down with the family after the awesome wedding this weekend which just makes me wanna curl up and not talk to them for a long time. I'll talk about it in the raves, but some of it was shared in the TW thread too. Other than that I feel physically fine.

Rants/Raves: Rave: the wedding was fantastic. Getting to know DH's aunts and uncles better (they live away from us in Buffalo and Cali) was amazing. They are super fun to hang around and this lady, MIL, GMIL and DH shut down the after-party at 2am. 

Rant: Shit blew up with my family the day after the wedding. MIL the day of the wedding while getting ready shared some baby shower ideas (both DH and I are onlys and this is the first grandbaby sooooo both sides are hella excited clearly) and had a bunch of suggestions which I was open to. My mom was open to co-hosting with her so I said go ahead and start talking. Well MIL made her text to my mom sound like she's got all of this planned (date, games, etc) which it isn't. SO I get a call from my mom basically bringing up shit from college being like I've lost you, I don't know you anymore, Why do you keep doing this to me, Why don't you love me, What did we do. ETC. She even said she would email me the email I sent her and dad back in college when I was really struggling with becoming my own and I told them I needed space (which she took as stay out of my life) which means she goes back and reads that email over and over again and knows exactly where it is in her email. Which is why I don't feel comfortable sharing myself with them anymore. I never know when shit I did in the past will be thrown back in my face. It took me 3 hours to calm down from this. I couldn't stop crying.

Soooo TL;DR I'm thinking about taking the baby shower away from the grandmother's to be because I don't need this stress while pregnant. But I just don't know what to do. But continuing to live through this stress. I need to work shit out with my parents but not in the way my mom wants to apparently deal with it.

Questions: nope.

GTKY: What is the most awkward/embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you (but funny!)? Middle/high school, my tankini in its own accord totally came untied at a swim team party and I ended up flashing half of our team. Since then I've always double knotted my tops so that will never happen again!! LOL
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    @persnickity i never had Braxton-Hicks with DS, but had a ton at the end of 3rd tri with DD.  For me, they felt similar to light menstrual cramps and came at regular (not increasing) intervals for several hours.  They were strong enough to be noticable, but not really annoying or painful.  I've been having cramps with this PG, but to me they feel different than BH.  Sharper and not regular.  I'm assuming its growth, and for me they are normal, but definitely ask your doctor if you're worried.

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 27, 18+0

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): artichoke (yum!)

Upcoming Appointments: midwife appt next week, anatomy scan the following.

How are you feeling?: Really good, in the height of the 2nd trimester high.  Enjoying it while I get it.  Wish I felt more baby movement, though.  PGAL brain is kicking in.

Rants/Raves: DD has kindergarten orientation on Wednesday!  When did my baby get so big?

Questions: none

GTKY: What is the most awkward/embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you (but funny!)?  I played the lead role in a production of Fire Safety Little Orphan Annie in elementary school.  Totally screwed up my lines during the opening number and did not recover gracefully.  That was pretty much the end of my acting career 😂
  • Options
    @stashattack , Oh geez on your Mom and MIL and the baby shower. It's nice that they're excited, but your MIL needs to remember it takes two people to make a baby...which also means there are TWO (or more) grandmothers involved. Also, it is natural for children to break away from the nest and to work on becoming their person. Don't let her guilt trip you and make your pregnancy, and your time of joy about her.
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush thanks <3 I'm doing my best to enjoy this time. The flutters have been making me feel so good right now!

@noranorabobora I'm so sorry about your mom. My mom has some similarities. And I will admit I have some fault in where our relationship is. I mean it's a 2-way street. But is right now really the best time to bring this shit up? LOL Like you couldn't have talked about this for the past 3 years I've been married or the 1.5 years before I got married and after I graduated college? Nope, apparently stressing out the pregnant daughter is the perfect time to bring all of this back up.

But i'm doing my best today to stop wallowing and start working on enjoying this pregnancy again. Because I love this little bundle. And I may or may not have said multiple times this weekend "I'm sorry your grandparents are crazy. I didn't choose them :P" and making promises not to do what my mom is doing to me to her.

As for baby showers. My family's love language is gift giving so I'm ok with the baby shower--outside of the drama that the grandmothers are creating. Living out of town too is making me really want one to see close out of town friends and family to celebrate the pregnancy. And I'm seriously thinking about making it co-ed. Or letting whoever is going to host it that it should be co-ed because idk if I really want a chick fest. Especially while a lot of my cousins have had kids already, a lot of my friends haven't and I don't want it to be all about the pregnancy and more about the baby girl who's coming. If that makes sense. Less about me and more about her. 
  • Options
    @MrsJessS Fingerscrossed on your anatomy scan tomorrow!!
  • Options
    @persnickity sounds like uterine cramps to me. I definitely felt those. But, when in doubt, always ask the doctor. 

@amb0924 that's a good question about the shots for others. I didn't even think of it. I knew there's be hand sanitizer going around for anyone touching the baby and no one visibly sick, but as far as being vaccinated, I dunno. Can't force anyone to get a shot but you can keep them from your babies until they can vaccinate themselves. What does your OB recommend? 

@kbrown2385 ooh, your amino is coming up! 🤞for great results. Why haven't you gotten into your nursery yet? I kind of understand if it's the same thing I'm going through. I've already picked everything out but am waiting to pull the trigger on purchasing until after the anatomy scan, just in case. I try really hard to think only positive but I can't help but worry. 

@FyreFlyeRush that's a cute GTKY, but I have to ask, why did "sea world" bring back the memory? Did you do the deed in front of the Shamu??? 😯

@stashattack sorry to hear about your family drama. I hate to paint anyone to be the bad guy here but your mom needs to grow the eff up. Instead of jumping to conclusions she could have asked you if you had already made concrete plans with MIL. At the end of the day, the shower is for YOU and YOUR baby, it really doesn't matter who actually throws it. Your mom can easily step in and say "ok, I'm in charge of food and decorations" or whatever if she needs to feel she has a bigger part in the planning. As for your college email, it may have been hurtful because you're her baby or whatever, but again, she needs to grow up, you were at an age of self discovery, something we ALL go through. It's totally natural to want to pull away from your parents. Most people do it around 12-13yo. To continue to make you feel guilty for something you did during what was probably a confusing time in your life (because hello, growing up is hard) is a little ridiculous, especially while you're pregnant and need to be as stress free as possible. Ugh, I'm getting mad for you. I'd like to give her the business. I hope you work it out soon. 

@cats_in_a_window oh, how exciting for DD to start kindergarten! Take all the pictures and treat yourself to something delicious while you cry lol

@noranorabobora I'm the opposite of you, I love being the center of the party and opening gifts! But gift giving is my love language. We're also in our 30s and don't need anything we can't get ourselves, but most people just get fun stuff like clothes that aren't on your registry anyway. But, you could always to a diaper shower and just ask that if anyone wants to bring a gift they bring diapers. That way, you're still getting something useful but you don't have to open presents in front of everyone. 

@MrsJessS we've missed you! Glad you are allowing yourself to go with the flow. Military life is stressful!
  • Options
    kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited August 2019
    @peppyj9 keeping our fingers crossed we can do it this time around. I think I’m just holding back from getting into the nursery because of how up in the air we are. Tw*** there’s a possibility we won’t be coming home with twins so it’s like I’m guarding myself. I just need to know what’s going on *end tw*

@MrsJessS hopefully the rest of your packing and trip to wa goes smoothly! 

@noranorabobora I hope you’re able to embrace all of this! I think once we get the amnio done and some confirmation on what’s going on, I’ll be able to settle a little. 

Edit autocorrect
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I completely understand. I'm sorry that it's something you even have to consider. I really hope and pray the amnio gives you the peace of mind you need and deserve ❤
  • Options
    @peppyj9 thank you ❤️❤️ We are keeping everything crossed that she is ok.
  • Options
    @peppyj9, lol, no. We had ROTC together in high school, which is how we met and hooked up the first time. After a very high school break up of this was fun, but I met a cheerleader chick...we can still be friends, right, I didn't speak to or hear from him until 2 summers later... When he walked into a water park as a new life guard where I just happened to be a lead. The water park was at Sea World. We spent the entire summer together to a soundtrack of golden oldies and 90s Grunge. To this day, it's still my favorite summer, and the smell of sunscreen, cocoa butter, and chlorine brings back fond memories. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 18th / 19w3d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): zucchini 

Upcoming Appointments: Next Tuesday, anatomy scan!

How are you feeling?: Much better on the fatigue front. I've started to nest and clean out DD's new room. I bought a mattress for her, and I can't wait to decorate everything!

Rants/Raves: DH has had a fever for 5 days straight and hasn't been able to take a sick day because work has been so crazy. Then Saturday, he tried to finish our addition roof because of the tropical development in the Gulf. He was finally able to sit on the couch all Sunday, but his fever started coming back at the end of the day. He just can't seem to rest enough to kick this thing out of his system.

Questions: not right now

GTKY: What is the most awkward/embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you (but funny!)? I peed my pants at my piano recital when I was 9. Super embarrassed at the time, but now...I'm still embarrassed. 
  • Options
    @peppyj9 - I would kill for some of that perfect weather now. It's either bearable and rainy, or muggy and hot.

@persnickity - I've been having more cramps recently than I ever felt with my first baby. I think I'm not doing quite as well on the water front, plus BH can start earlier with the 2nd kiddo. I didn't have BH with my first, but I'm pretty sure that's what I'm having now. It just gets really really tight and hard for a minute and then relaxes. Usually goes away when I lie down and drink some water.

@kbrown2385 - Aww yay school! Is DS in K5 or 1st this year?

@stashattack - Ugh, I'm sorry about your baby shower MIL/mom drama. Can you just have them work it out, and you can just looking pretty and show up? I hate drama and try to stay out of it as much as possible.

@noranorabobora - If you feel awkward about a baby shower, you could always do a diaper shower instead. Most people would just bring a pack of diapers and maybe a cute outfit. Honestly, in all the baby showers I've been too, most of the big stuff doesn't get bought anyways (i.e. crib, glider, monitor, etc). 

@MrsJessS - OMG! Tell us how your anatomy scan goes. When is it??
  • Options
    @marebear15 sorry dh has been under the weather! So great he’s gotten so far with the addition. Hopefully he can take a little bit to recover. Are you guys in the expected path of the storm? I haven’t really been following it’s trajectory. Ds will be in pre-k. He’s only 4 so he should be ready for kindergarten next fall. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Since I didn't feel anything like this with my first, I wasn't quite sure what it is. Sounds like either BH or RLP.

@kbrown2385 I'm so sorry you're still dealing with so much uncertainty. I hope you can get answers soon with the amnio.

@marebear15 5 days of a fever?! Poor guy! Especially when he can't just rest until it's gone.

@MrsJessS so exciting to have your anatomy scan today!

@noranorabobora hopefully he cooperates for the rest of the anatomy scan. I'm not big on gifts or being the center of attention either. So we just kept it low key and focused on the baby last time. Made it easier for me
  • Options
    @peppyj9 the question kind of organically popped up in discussion when my husband said he didn't want to get a flu shot. I haven't seen an OB since, but it's on my list for the next appointment. I think I'm going to put it in the question thread to solicit more opinions/experience from experienced moms. 
  • Options
    @marebear15 everything was great and it’s a girl!!! I was legit happy crying telling my mom 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 - He's so little to go to school! Although my DD will be 3 when she starts K4 in 2 years. We are on the west side of FL so it looks like we won't get any of the storm, except maybe some rain.

@MrsJessS - I might have to send you some bows! I'm so excited you have a girl! Name ideas?
  • Options
    @marebear15 he is so ready though! He already knows more than I do about all the planets and space, he’s writing his name, mommy, daddy and the cats names. He needs to go! I won’t be surprised if he’s reading before kindergarten! 
  • Options
    @marebear15 DS hates hats but this girl is going to have to love bows. I need allllll of them!!

I gave MH my list of names
    Adeline
    Abigail
    Claire
    Eloise 

surprising he really liked Eloise and we both like Claire as well. So it might be one of those!
  • Options
    @MrsJessS - DD is only just getting into bows, and only upon her request, so I have tons of headbands that she literally never wore. I love all those names! DH shot down Eloise, but that's my favorite of your list.  <3
  • Options
    @marebear15 I’m leaning strongly towards Eloise 
  • Options
    @MrsJessS congrats! So glad glad the scan went well and yay for a girl!!

@kbrown2385 It sounds like he will definitely will be happy in Pre-K, if he knows all of that already!
  • Options
    This is my first time doing one of these things (I've sort of been lurking) so here goes...

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/25/20 18w3d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: We found out 2 weeks ago, team blue!

Baby is the size of a(n): artichoke

Upcoming Appointments: 9/3 Anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: Pretty damn good. This is #4 for me. #2 & #3 I was super sick most of my pregnancies so this one is a breeze, despite my "advanced maternal age" (I'm 38.) I am feeling fat as hell though. My bump is out of control and I waddle already. 

Rants/Raves: So I just broke down and bought maternity jeans this week. I have a rant and a rave related to this situation. Rant: It's hot as hell here right now and I got over the belly everything. 103 DEGREES IS TOO HOT FOR THIS MESS! When I get home I pretty much strip and walk around in a t-shirt and underwear. Rave: So in the past year and a half, I've lost a little over 40 lbs. I was finally able to purchase jeans in the straight, non-plus size section at Target (YAY to not having to drop $60-$80 on a pair of jeans at Torrid anymore) and I found out I was pregnant. Fast forward to my maternity jean shopping and I was down a pant size! I've stayed active and have continued my healthy eating habits, and despite my HUGE baby bump, I'm still weighing in 5lbs under where I was when I found out I was pg. I'm still pretty over weight so I'm happy that I'm staying healthy with this pregnancy.

Questions: Is anyone else around here having a "geriatric pregnancy"? If so, does it drive you nuts when they remind you about your damn age every time you go in for appointments?

GTKY: What is the most awkward/embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you (but funny!)? Man, this is a hard one. Probably when I went on my first date with my husband. We were supposed to be going to dinner just as friends since I was about a year out from my divorce and was trying not to date anyone at the time. We've actually known each other since 4th grade but hadn't seen each other in over 10 years since HS graduation. So we're out to dinner and were drinking soju cocktails with our sushi dinner. Anyone who has ever had soju can tell you, it sneaks up on you. So its the end of the night and I feel fine, I'm actually liking him way more than I thought I would, and I stand up to use the bathroom and lose my footing and totally eat shit because I'm in heels and tipsier than I realized. I was mortified. Luckily, we went and hung out at his apartment a little afterwards and he totally farted, so we were even LMAO Almost 10 years later and we still laugh about our first date.
  • Options
    @mommahov13 yes,  I'm also a geriatric. Lol.  

I've also been having lots of cramping.  My first pregnancy wasn't quite this crampy.  I agree with @marebear15 in keeping up with water.  

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Due 1/23, 18w6d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): postcard

Upcoming Appointments: Sept 3rd. Hopefully get some good pictures of our nugget.  

How are you feeling?: still super crampy My appetite hasn't bounced back quite yet. 

Rants/Raves: Rave, I've been feeling the baby move more and more.  My first took a awhile to feel her.  Rant,  my DD has been sick with croup and then got really constipated. She won't sleep or eat when it gets that bad. I reached the overwhelm stage of exhaustion and really got scared about managing two babes.  

Questions: I had one, but can't remember now. 

GTKY: What is the most awkward/embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you (but funny!)?
    In college, I was riding my bike through a busy area. I cut across the grass and when I came back on the pavement, my bike tire got stuck between grass and the cement.  That was manageable,  except,  I started to scream because I thought I was crashing.  People applauded when I pulled up to the building.  
  • Options
    @fishakris Ugh, Don't you just looooove that term??

@biolprof Honestly, I just lived in my fat pants and overalls I got from Torrid years ago. The week before I finally got pants I pretty much just wore work out pants that pulled all the way up over my belly to work LOL 
  • Options
    @marebear15 we haven’t told them yet but we decided to take the baby shower away from the both of them. This goes back to the wedding planning and they still can’t figure out how to work together and my mom is just too jealous of my relationship with my MIL. so it’s just not worth the drama. 

Also so sorry about DH!! Send healing vibes your way!!

@biolprof I’ll definitely check out that book. I’m also working with my therapist to help me navigate this relationship repair. But it’s definitely not gonna be easy that’s for sure. 

• Options
    @persnickity - what I think of as BH just feel like the same tightening of the belly as a contraction, but with no pain.  I don't know if that's right, but I am already feeling them. 

@mommahov13 - I turn 41 next month, and this is my 4th child too. 

@biolprof - Welcome back!

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:  Jan 23rd/18w 4d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  finding out

Baby is the size of a(n):  bell pepper

Upcoming Appointments:  Anatomy scan Sept 9th, and I cannot find the paper with my next appt date on it... 

How are you feeling?:  Exhausted this week.  But it's the last week before school starts and we have guests, and my 5 year old has started waking me up a million times during the night.  Just so tired.  

Rants/Raves: I had an appt last week, and I met a midwife who is retiring soon.  She let my 2.5 year old stay on my lap for the doppler (and press the button to turn it on) and she offered to bring in her microscope for my girls to have.  She was great! 

Questions: nope

GTKY: What is the most awkward/embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you (but funny!)?  I will have to think about this one... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    @mommahov13, I'm 42, this is my 3rd. I caved and bought maternity pants a couple of weeks ago and wondered why I waited so long. I'm also dealing with the ridiculous heat, consistently 100+ for the last MONTH. I'm at the point where 97 sounds wonderful, and the 92 at the beach yesterday felt like a cold front! 
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush sending you some of our 70s weather over here to you! 

@MollySm I love when help are super good with kids like that. I bet they feel super included. 

@biolprof omg dying over your GTKY story. I wish my husband's hooding was as funny. LOL. We left after he got hooded because UMD also does the undergraduates after the grad students and it was all the science and math majors so it was like 400 kids graduating and we weren't going sit around for that. LOL.
  • Options
    @MollySm I'm leaning towards it being Braxton Hicks, but thought it might be a bit early for that. It's feeling like period cramps. It's not nearly as often this week, so very likely I overdid it it didn't drink enough water.

@stashattack sounds like a good idea to take it away from them. Is there someone else, like a friend, who could help instead? That way the friend is coordinating and you aren't in the middle?
  • Options
    @mommahov13 - I started to waddle too. It's embarrassing this early on. 

@biolprof - Glad you had an amazing vacation! When does school start for you?

@stashattack - Oh boy, I'll bet that conversation isn't going to go too well. Who's throwing the baby shower instead?