April 2020 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight - Skincare Routine

Kathryn0903Kathryn0903 member
edited August 2019 in April 2020 Moms

Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product. Feel free to comment on threads like these throughout your time at the board, not just when they're in their week in the spotlight, if you discover something new OR are new to the board. This week it's.... Skincare Routine!

FTMs are encouraged to ask questions & STM/+s encouraged to share their knowledge based on experience. You can use any or all the prompts relevant to you below to share info in an easy-to-read format. Pictures/screen grabs, if put in spoilers, are welcome!

For all... 
  • What is your skincare routine. Any changes with pregnancy?
  • Favorite products?

To  view the upcoming PSS schedule, see here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j7iBv8rbDsTBMXAK7R3NWhG-619XNbpdNza2uci0iYs/edit#gid=0!
Next up: Pillows/sleep gear.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Product Spotlight - Skincare Routine

• Options
    I don't do much for skincare when not pregnant other than some lotion and face wash occasionally.
    When pregnant, I like the Burt's Bee Mama Bee line. I like the belly butter and leg & foot cream.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had a hard time finding balance for my skin during my late teen years but the Clinique 3 step has been a skin saver for me! Very glad I can stay on that during pregnancy. 

For any rare zits I use Burt’s Bees Herbal Blemish stick as it doesn’t have any salicylic acid so it helps the zit without affecting the oil balance of my skin. I can also continue that with pregnancy. 😀
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am huge on skincare so pregnancy acne is really driving me NUTS. I found a few Kiehl’s products that are safe and working for me going to try that burts bees blemish stick!
  • Options
    Thanks mandarenee im going to look into the Burt’s bee blemish stick as well. I have prescription strength stuff for acne if need be, but that’s clearly not going to fly during pregnancy 
  • Options
    I’ve always struggled with acne. I’ve tried everything (it feels like). I rarely get big pimples anymore but the last year I’ve been struggling with the small red or skin colored bumps. I was researching online and discovered it could be a fungal acne (vs bacterial). So I bought some shampoo that had Ketoconazole (anti fungal) in it and it totally cleared my skin up. Once I found out I was pregnant I quit using it since there isn’t much research about whether it’s safe or not .. and the bumps are slowly coming back. So I’ll have to ask my OB at my appointment about it. 

I recently bought an oil cleanser to try followed by a toner of the same brand. So far so good. I’ve also been using Sebamed gel.. it works pretty well. 

My skin has also been soo oily lately! 
  • Options
    I'm getting SO OLD and blemishes feel like they stick around forever.  I recently started using this and have seen a HUGE reduction in red marks and even my fine lines.  It's also ridiculously reasonably-priced and it smells AMAZING.  I sing its praises to literally anyone who will listen.

Also the pregnancy acne is real, and I've been absolutely blowing through these.  They're not working as well as they were pre-pregnancy (my skin is a lot more oily now), but they definitely shorten the life cycle of a pimple!
  • Options
    @kath1414 my husband had something like that on his forehead for a long time. The pharmacist actually recommended hydrogen peroxide and he used that as a toner and followed it with a moisturizer and it did the trick!
  • Options
    @mandarenee898 I'm a big fan of Clinque too and have also been using it since I was a teen!  I've tried other brands and always go back.
  • Options
    Is anyone using anything to help prevent or lessen stretch marks? Any recommendations for things that worked well for STMs? Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    @macb85 I'm using The Spoiled Mama Tummy Butter for Stretch Marks. I have no prior experience using it, I just started this is my first pregnancy. I read the reviews and checked ingredients and zeroed in on this because it was all organic, i didnt want to put chemicals on my belly. So far so good. 
  • Options
    @mandarenee898 thanks for the tip! I’ll have to try the hydrogen peroxide!