April 2020 Moms

Things Not To Say To A Pregnant Woman

If you are an FTM, you will soon learn that some people do not think before they speak.  Here’s a thread to share all those glorious moments throughout the next few months of your life.  Try not to pee too hard when you’re laughing or let your eyes roll out the back of your head while you read the comments. 😳🙄🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️😂🤣
BabyFetus Ticker
Married: 12-04-06 
Annabelle: 1-1-08
Patrick: 8-15-10
EDD: 4-20-17

Re: Things Not To Say To A Pregnant Woman

• This pregnancy is unexpected for me so I’ve spent the last couple days dealing with shock.  My friend texts me last night with “started my period today, are you jealous?”  Granted, she was trying to be funny, but wtf.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • @Beckyf321 That’s such a ridiculous thing to say. 

When I was pregnant with my first and I finally told my boss, he spent 20 minutes telling me that his kids were total nightmares. Also, his first question was whether or not he should say congratulations. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Loading the player...
  • @mercury94 what the actual f#%& ?

@Beckyf321 great thread  :#

I haven't told anyone yet, but when I do, I look forward to updating and entertaining folks here  ;)
  • @mercury94 that’s funny you mentioned your boss’ first question. I have heard men stress over whether to say congratulations or best wishes for pregnancy and if you say one thing for the mom to be vs the dad to be.
  • We broke the big news to my mother in law and she asked how far along I was. I told her it was pretty early, about 6 weeks. She told me she thought I was at least 3 months.  :( The bloat is real right now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jennpearl007 The bloat is insane this time. We told DS’s godfather the other day and he was kind of like, “Yeah, I noticed.”

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • "yeah, I noticed"  😑  people don't think first. Including MH, who told my 13w SIL that now she walks and sits like a pregnant person. For the record, she does not. 🤦
  • @mercury94 Wtf, don’t people know better? I’m in shock at some of these!

We haven’t told anyone else yet, but I remember the worst thing someone said to me during my first pregnancy was “the pain of delivery is mostly in your head.”  Btw, this person was a childless female nurse, and the day she said it was the day of my delivery. 
  • @emsnedds Ugh, that’s as bad as the nurse who told me I was being too loud during transition. Why would a medical professional say something like that?

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 what we should’ve said:

• @emsnedds HAHA that movie is funny.
  • Wowwwww this thread really reinforces my desire to pull a Kylie and just never tell anyone I'm pregnant.
  • @NiceyMeany and lucky for us, we’re not famous and might get away with it easily lol 😂 
  • @sbc56 Wow. And he felt safe using the term “unstable” with his pregnant wife? Seems counterintuitive if you ask me. 
  • Things I was told today at work... 
    “wow, your boobs have gotten huge!” And “I could actually tell you were pregnant today. Your little belly is starting to stick out.” 🙄
  • sanpelligrinosanpelligrino member
    edited August 2019
    I was voicing concern to DH yesterday, about not having nausea symptoms the last few days. He sounded a little frustrated and said i first had a problem because i had nausea and now i'm worried that i dont have nausea, and there's no winning. Men!!!!! when will they understand the anxiety of actually carrying a baby 
  • @sanpelligrino girl this is my second round - I’ve looked like I was 6 months pregnant for like 3 weeks. With my first, I didn’t show until like 18 weeks. This time, the blump is fooling no one.