February 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 8/19-8/25

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/19-8/25

• mandk1233mandk1233 member
    edited August 2019
    Ooo. That doesn't sound fun. Prayers for speedy healing. 
  • @DDRRT1982 Hope you feel better asap!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @DDRRT1982 Wishing you a quick recovery and put those kids in front of the TV with a jumbo box of Goldfish- everyone kill each other but leave mommy alone!
  • Can it be Friday? I am off for 9 days and am already in vacation mode. Sorry work!!
  • @mandk1233 yep, it’s a stitch to prevent me from going into preterm labor.  My oldest was born at 25 weeks due to incompetent cervix and cerclages in subsequent pregnancies have helped me carry my other children to term.  @sassypants2010 gave a great explanation.  

Thanks for the support, guys!
  • @DDRRT1982 I hope you heal quickly! And agree that trying to do bedrest with kids around is a joke. Unless you want your house completely destroyed or the kids screaming and fighting with each other. Maybe that’s just my kids? 
  • @DDRRT1982 hope you’re back to feeling normal soon! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @DDRRT1982 feel better soon <3
  • Not sure where else to ask this: Any preference on what to do next for product spotlight? I was thinking car seat/strollers or sleep surfaces. I was trying to do some of the big items FTMs may want to research before putting on a registry. Any thoughts?
  • @DDRRT1982 - how are you holding up today? Hope you are much better!
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• ibabyloveb87ibabyloveb87 member
    edited August 2019
    @jvk2012 baby monitors is a good one! I have no idea if they still make the one we’ve had. 
  • @jvk2012 I think those all sound great. I've pinned a couple carseats on my registry so far just to keep them for comparison sake before I finalize everything!
    Also H and I want a video monitor that doesnt use wifi, the spotlight could be a good place to talk about those!
  • Thanks for the feedback and suggestions! Maybe I’ll do 2 spotlights this weekend to kind of catch up since we started later than other BMBs. 
  • @DDRRT1982 hope you heal soon!!

Y’all...the hunger is real! I ate breakfast an hour ago and I’m starving. And it wasn’t some diet breakfast - I had scrambled eggs and sausage lol. Also still peeing so much. I JUST got back from the bathroom and now I have to go again. Definitely asking my OB whether the baby is sitting on my bladder (Do y’all think this will get me an extra US?! Maybe just wishful thinking. We haven’t seen lil guy since 8wks and I’m 14.5 now so I would love to see how much he’s grown) 😊
  • @nhh11, I don’t know if you have tried it but I move around a bit while on the toilet to try to get all the pee out. I sit up extra tall, I lean forward, etc. 
  • @DDRRT1982 What great news!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @nhh11 I doubt it will get you another ultrasound, since they can tell based on where they are hearing the heartbeat. But I would say it is totally worth checking anyway. 
  • Came into work this morning to find a bottle of Rock N Rye flavored Faygo on my desk and was very confused. The coworker who knit me the baby hat brought it in for me because we talked about it a while ago and I mentioned I hadn't tried that flavor. It kind of made my day!
  • @mcbe4990 - congrats on getting your daughter night trained. My DD is day-trained but I am too lazy to try to train her for overnight. This is complicated by the fact that she can't open her BR door and I'm leary of letting her go potty by herself at night, and don't really want to introduce the idea of getting out of bed for any reason :-D Maybe I should buy a doorknob for her door that is easier to turn though.
    Married Jan 2008 

• @leksiL DD1 has a little potty seat in her room and if she gets up at night to use it she calls for me on the monitor. There are some nights where I’ll go in there and there are two or three little drops of pee in there 🙄
  • @doodleoodle oh I guess I would have to turn my monitor on LOL - I also don't want her to get the idea she can just call for me at night and I will go in there. She would totally use that to her advantage. Already we go through the whole books, songs, routine and then she is like, I need to go potty so we sit on the potty for 20 minutes and she wants to read books...it's all just a ploy to get more books read to her.

Is my child just super devious?

I know I sound super horrible wanting to protect our sleep...I really was not a CIO person* or anything, promise! I just have a really good thing going with DD being happy to be in bed between 7:30 - 7 and not trying to mess that up. *not that there is anything wrong with that.
    Married Jan 2008 

• @leksiL, you do not sound like a terrible parent for wanting sleep! Overnight training is one of the reasons I am dreading PT DD. I do not want to have to wake up to help her go to the bathroom. 
  • @daffodil_shoe I am so glad your pulse slowed and you are feeling better. 
    I take Hormone Balance magnesium replenish, and not to sound dramatic, it has changed my life. So if you go with any supplement, I suggest checking them out. 
  • @jvk2012 😂 thanks! We will have plenty of time to not sleep soon. I’m also strict about getting Dd to bed on time at night and for naps and people roll their eyes at me but I know my daughter does so much better on a schedule 
    Married Jan 2008 

• @leksiL schedule has been me thing with DS from the time he was able to be on a schedule. It’s so important. 
  • I had my first pre-natal appointment yesterday and Went for my blood work after my appointment. I got a call from my doctors office today at 4:30 saying he wants to see me next Friday for a follow up with my blood work. I already had an appointment for the following week but she said he has requested to see me Friday. I have no clue what it’s about besides my labs but now I’m stressed. I assume it can’t  be too bad if they are waiting until Friday but urgent enough that I can’t wait another week. No questions here just venting! 
  • @kbrinks2, sorry you don’t have more info. Hope it’s nothing major and maybe they just want to repeat a test in a week to see if a result was a fluke or not. 
  • @kbrinks2 I wish they’d given you a little more info on the phone. I hope it’s not a big deal! 
  • @kbrinks2 oh that is sooo stressful! Sorry they didnt give you a little peace of mind when they called! Sending good vibes to you! 
  • I just found a pair of maternity jeans at Macy’s for $16. I am pumped!
  • @babyroma ohhh please do share the HP outfit! I can’t wait to reuse my HP onesies on kiddo #2.