February 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 8/19-8/25

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/19-8/25

• Options
    I somehow got added to a spam group text with 20 other people.  I never got an original text just a bunch of random people texting me STOP.  This whole spam texting/calling has gotten out of control! 
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• Options
    @celticknotfire, ugh that sucks! You can leave group texts on iPhones. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jvk2012 for some reason I couldn't leave this one and I have no idea why.  I just hid the alerts so my phone would stop going off every 2 minutes.
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• Options
    Well I didn’t end up working til 7:30 tonight. Only til about 12:30. Unfortunately it’s because I ended up having to go to ED.

TL;DR- I was tachy and out of breath for no reason. Was sent to ED but mostly all is fine now (just low magnesium).

Full story- My heart was racing (120 BPM) and I was out of breath all morning, even when seated. Was about to start the 2nd csection of the day when I couldn’t take it, and had a nurse feel my pulse too. She was like “You are very tachy, you should go to ED.” So I called over to my midwife’s office first, and the nurse there said the same. With those symptoms they are concerned about a PE. So I chugged some water and headed down to ED. Of course by the time I got there my pulse was already slowing 🙄 But the took vitals, did an EKG, and put me in a room. There they took blood and put me on 1L of an IV drip. Bloodwork finally came back and I was low in magnesium, which can cause tachycardia. So I had to get a huge IM injection of mag in my hip. Burned like a MF for quite a while. So between fluids and mag I feel better now.
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe Yikes. What a scary afternoon. Very glad you listened to your body and I'm glad you're already feeling better. Is magnesium something that we don't typically get enough of from prenatal vitamins? Is an extra boost something you'll have to repeat later on? 

• Options
    @daffodil_shoe sounds like you had an exciting afternoon.  Are they going to have you supplement with PO mag for now?  I've been taking it forever for migraines and to help with my spasms and I am so happy MFM said it was safe because I would not want to think about going off of it.  Happy to hear you are feeling better and FX you stay that way!
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• Options
    @daffodil_shoe how scary! Glad you were able to get checked out quickly and got an answer. 
  • Options
    Oh no!  Glad you are feeling better, @daffodil_shoe
  • Options
    Thanks @lanie1000 , @celticknotfire , @clee5711 , and @DDRRT1982 . The people in ED didn’t say anything about needed to up anything in my vitamins or needing continual shots. But I’m supposed to call my midwife today to follow up, so maybe they will want me to do more. 
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe that sounds scary! Glad your okay.
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe - that does sound scary - glad you are OK and got the care you needed!

I'm having a slow week. It's hot. I had my 2nd therapist appt yesterday and I'm already over it. I have a midwife appt on Thursday. This weekend we are hosting DH's friend who is running in a relay but he will be gone most of the time thankfully. I need to find something cheap and fun to do - it's going to be in the 70s (yay!) so maybe we will do a hike or something. I wish we could take our bikes out but we aren't supposed to bike. 

Also BFF invited me to her 40th birthday week in Mexico but kids aren't invited for early 2021. Ha! She doesn't have kids so doesn't understand that I would only be miserable being away from my kids for that long. I've spent a week away from my daughter before but I've known she is safe with my husband. And who exactly am I supposed to send my 1 and 4 year old to for an entire week? So I can go drink on a beach in Mexico? So thinking we'll do a girls' weekend instead and I'm planning a cooler vaca for our family of 4. 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Options
    @leksiL leaving my one year old for a week would also be a no go for me so, you’re not alone! 

I’m “going back to work” next week for the school year. A whopping 8 hrs/week, and of course, I’ll only be working half the school year because of the new baby but surprise!.. I’m feeling super emotional about it. This pregnancy is wild. I am crying over everything. 
  • Options
    brookert615brookert615 member
    edited August 2019
    @celticknotfire No! Those spam calls / text have been awful! 

@daffodil_shoe That's frightening! Glad you're okay now!

@leksiL Enjoy your weekend! Sounds fun! 

I just had the most miserable last 20 minutes. My nausea is back in full-force but I was just walking through the office and someone must've heated up something with red sauce which was triggering. I got a pep in my step, ran to the bathroom and the stall I went in was a clogged and disgusting monstrosity. I then ran out of the bathroom back into the office and totally forgot about the red sauce smell. Legit just had a gagging attack behind a chunk of cubicles as my coworkers stared lol.... AHHH.

eta: words.
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @brookert615 oh girl I hope you feel better. Time to close your office door :) and take a few mins.
    Married Jan 2008 

• Options
    @leksiL Thank you! Definitely hiding now lol. I just don't understand why someone would make something with red sauce at 10am???  :#
    TW
  • Options
    @brookert615 people are weird. I have pasta with red sauce for lunch and now don't even want it - thanks :wink:
    Married Jan 2008 

• Options
    @leksiL Hahah! My bad! I ended up just cutting up an apple and sniffing it  :D!
    TW
  • Options
    @brookert615 it's OK! The kid on our floor baked chocolate chip cookies with coconut oil in them instead of butter and they were so good that it opened up my appetite :) 
    Married Jan 2008 

• Options
    @celticknotfire I will have nightmares about what I saw in there LOL.
    TW
  • Options
    @Swiftlet Save it for Thursday that's a good one!
  • Options
    @celticknotfire, yay for being done with progesterone! I only had to do suppositories twice a day and I was so happy when I got to stop. 
  • Options
    @celticknotfire hooray for being done! I finished mine last week too, but I only had to do an oral pill.
  • Options
    @babyroma awww...that's super sweet. I think there's something inherently special about seeing your daughter become a mother. I can totally understand how excited she is. 

• Options
    @celticknotfire How wonderful!!!! Happy to hear you’re all done! 

@babyroma Too cute!!! 
    TW
  • Options
    @celticknotfire - oh yes my gf can be a bit self-centered. But she just wants to have a good time and turning 40 is hard! 

@Swiftlet I always wanted to go on a travel bachelorette party and tried to get the other bridesmaids for this same friend's wedding to go to Vegas but no one wanted to spend the $. I'm not sure who she is going to get to go on this trip with her. All the bridesmaids except her sister have had babies and I seriously doubt any of them will be leaving them in the US to go to Mexico for a week.

Hooray being on progesterone! I'm glad I just had the oral pill suppositories and shots sound brutal! Strong ladies in here :)

So this morning my daughter wanted me to read her Pierre, One Was Johnny, Alligators All Around and Chicken Soup with Rice at breakfast and I had an A HA moment and found the Carol King songs of those books on Apple Music so I wouldn't have to do it. I thought it was genius, but now I have One Way Johnny in my head and I'm pretty sure she will now ask for those songs all the time and I'm not thinking I'm an idiot :) 
    Married Jan 2008 

• Options
    @DDRRT1982 Sending all the healing vibes your way!!!  <3
    TW
  • Options
    @DDRRT1982 Forgive my ignorance, but what is a cerclage? 
  • Options
    @DDRRT1982 oh you poor lady! Fingers crossed it isn't as rough on you this time. 
  • Options
    @mandk1233 it's a stitch in the cervix when the cervix opens too soon or shortens. It's placed to make sure baby doesn't come too early due to cervical incompetence.
  • Options
    @DDRRT1982 oof so sorry. Hope you heal quickly!
  • Options
    @DDRRT1982 FX for quick healing!
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC