Group 2 (2/8-2/14) check in w/o 8/19

EDD/W+D:

Team:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appts:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: As summer is winding down, what is your favorite part of summer?

Re: Group 2 (2/8-2/14) check in w/o 8/19

• Options
    EDD/W+D: 15+ 2 Feb 8

Team: finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado 

Upcoming appts: next Thursday 

How are you feeling?: so tired, occasionally nauseous still

Rants/Raves: anxious to find out gender so I can get organized 

Questions:

GTKY: As summer is winding down, what is your favorite part of summer? Not having to wear coats, socks and bundle the kids up to leave the house lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @craftywitch Very good to know to try different ones! So exciting about feeling baby!!!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe So sorry you had to go through all of that!  <3 
    TW
  • Options
    gerlam5gerlam5 member
    edited August 2019
    EDD/W+D: feb 11

Team: BOY

Baby is the size of a(n): Navel orange

Upcoming appts: first week sept

How are you feeling?: better! A little tired. But TONS of night gas. Like awful pain that wakes me up. Anyone else???

Rants/Raves: gas!

Questions: Gas?!? Lol

GTKY: As summer is winding down, what is your favorite part of summer? The weather. In Minnesota it is so nice, most days you can go outside and it is just beautiful.
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: feb 13 / 14 + 6

Team: 💙

Baby is the size of a(n): I forget today’s... yesterday was a maple leaf 🍁 

Upcoming appts: early Sept for monthly check 

How are you feeling?: way more energetic and often less nauseous! Although I also wonder if first trimester sets our expectations so low that the myth of the 2nd tri energy boost is just “I don’t feel like constant death, woohoo!!”

Rants/Raves: Life is good. I’m feeling really happy with some big family milestones this week. I love my resale Isabella Oliver and Seraphine dresses for looking put together at work in my new body plus bump. I’ve consistently been getting in great workouts and slow runs for weeks. Although I do get super irritated at people with poor public transport etiquette. It bothered me before (sitting on the outside seat with an empty inside seat, putting bags in a seat and not moving them when people don’t have seats, etc.) but now that I’m pregnant it *really* bothers me.  

Questions: 

GTKY: As summer is winding down, what is your favorite part of summer? The extra ice cream 😂 
  • Options
    @um_thor, I LOLed at your comment about 1st tri setting the bar low. Very true!
  • Options
    @gerlam5 Oh no about the gas! Have you looked into gasX? 

@um_thor Yay on the milestones! What a score on the dress! And great job getting those workouts in! 
    TW
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 2-12-20/15w0d

Team: 💙💙💙💙💙💙

Baby is the size of a(n): A magic 8 ball

Upcoming appts: September 3rd

How are you feeling?: Down, hormonal, extra bitchy, angry.

Rants/Raves: Had a stressful weekend and went to the OB to ensure my stress didnt get to baby. She asked me if I want to know what baby is and she told me I'm having a boy. I dont know what to think, because dresses and hair bows are all I  know lol

Questions: None for now.

GTKY: As summer is winding down, what is your favorite part of summer?: When it is over. I hate summer.
  • Options
    @hellonurse0802 So sorry you've been so stressed! Congrats on the boy!!! 
    TW
  • Options
    @um_thor I feel you on the public transit rudeness! It drives me INSANE! It's never ever ever ever okay to put your stupid backpack in a seat instead of on the floor/in your lap- no one should have to ask for someone else to move over or move their things to sit down. Such a huge pet peeve of mine too!

@hellonurse0802 Congrats on the boy!! Boys are fun too!
  • Options
    EDD/W+D:  Feb 10, 15+2

Team: Blue! 💙💙

Baby is the size of a(n):  oranges

Upcoming appts: next Monday for US

How are you feeling?: About the same.  Not quite as nauseous as I was (not ALL day at least), but I still throw up at least once a day.  Also as far as skin goes, am I the only one who's eczema has gotten worse??  I have this recurring spot on my ring finger that has just increasingly been horrible this whole pregnancy.  I haven't been able to wear my wedding rings since I became pregnant.  Even if I wear them for less than half a day, my eczema flares up so bad from the excess sweating/moisture that gets trapped under it.  I hate it and feel naked without them on.  I would wonder if it was a new metal allergy, but even without wearing them, it still flares up without warning.

Rants/Raves:  Just ready for this nausea to go away.  Although it's horrible, it also gives me reassurance that babies are still doing ok.

Questions:

GTKY: As summer is winding down, what is your favorite part of summer?  I love all the fresh veggies...  Being from south Jersey, there's nothing like sweet white Jersey corn!  Also I've been on a peach kick lately, so give me all the peaches!
  • Options
    @alseltzer lurking from group 4 but omg my husband is from NJ and will never shut up about Jersey tomatoes Haha. No other tomatoes meet his standards 
  • Options
    @babyroma YES! Our corn and tomatoes are out of this world.  Whenever we go back to upstate NY for family functions, they always ask us to bring some! 😆
  • Options
    @alseltzer, sorry your eczema has increased. No words of advice but here to say H gets it in the same spot as you and it drives him crazy. Does cortisone cream
    help?
  • Options
    @jvk2012 unfortunately only a little.  I had a prescription steroid cream for it that worked before but is now expired.  Plus I'm very weary of what I use now.  Doc said I could get a script for it and it miiiight help, but she said it's up to what I'm comfortable with.  I'm just super anxious about prescriptions and anything I consume because of past MCs. Think I'm just gonna keep the rings off since fingers will probably swell eventually anyway, and I can mostly manage it if I keep them off.
  • Options
    @alseltzer my eczema has gotten worse with pregnancy. Normally it hangs out on my torso where I can cover it up, but it spread to my face in the first tri and hasn't receded yet. 
  • Options
    @alseltzer I don’t have eczema but occasionally get the red patch under my wedding ring from washing my hands- it happened a lot when I was pregnant with my second. I had good luck with coconut oil and keeping my ring off. I hated not wearing my ring and I totally understand feeling anxious about using a steroid.
  • Options
    @alseltzer Sorry about the eczema getting worse and hope you MS starts easing up! 

@noxacanthus Oh man, that is coming up so fast!!! When is your official move back date? 
    TW
  • Options
    Side note: I am SO JEALOUS and feel like everyone knows their baby's sex but me!!! 16 weeks was supposed to be finding out early but it sure doesn't feel early!

• Options
    @craftywitch I feel ya. We decided not to find out, but I am secretly second guessing that decision now. 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 2/13; 15 weeks today

Team: will find out

Baby is the size of a(n): cinnamon roll!

Upcoming appts: next Friday for 16w checkup

How are you feeling?: A little more energetic, some nausea still, mostly constipated. Finally feeling signs of growing belly with some cramping like I've done crunches haha! I definitely LOOK pregnant already 😂

Rants/Raves: I'm mad I have gestational diabetes again! I managed well with my first, but being diagnosed early has been tough. Planning meals for me and my husband and 21mo daughter is challenging. But it's better than not knowing and not managing it I guess..... 

Questions: anyone else's second pregnancy and WAY more exhausted this time??   :s

GTKY: As summer is winding down, what is your favorite part of summer?  Either the NY State Fair starting this week or all the grilled food and farm fresh veggies yummm
  • Options
    @emlwalsh, sorry you have GD again. My DD 26 months and I was definitely exhausted 1st tri much more this time around. I think because we never have a chance to sit and relax and take care of ourselves this time. Also because sleeping late is a joke (at least in my house)!
  • Options
    @jvk2012 yup! No sleeping in :( she's up anywhere between 5 and 6:30 lately 
  • Options
    @brookert615 We requested to fly on the 10th, but the Navy is still processing our travel paperwork so we don't know for sure when we're flying. Like all good government bureaucracies, they returned the paperwork to us for corrections yesterday because we didn't specify the ages of our cats (even though nowhere on the form does it say to do so) and because I was not supposed to put my husband's SSN (even though there is a specific spot on the form that says "spouse SSN"). So hopefully it gets processed soon.
  • Options
    @noxacanthus omg I do not miss that BS! DH was in the Navy six years. Hard to believe he’s already been out another six!
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe I very nearly got out, but ended up signing on for another 6 years in June. It felt like selling my soul, but hubby and future kiddo won't have to worry about bills, food, or healthcare for the next 6 years. 
  • Options
    @craftywitch We got the blood work and could’ve known at the beginning of August but we are waiting for our gender reveal which is a month away! Don’t feel left out lol! You’re so close, though!!!

@emlwalsh Sorry about the GD! Good luck at your 16 week appointment!

@noxacanthus Oh boy! That’s annoying! Hopefully they process that paperwork, stat! 

TW
  • Options
    @noxacanthus I must say, I do miss that $100 deductible!
  • Options
    @craftywitch I haven’t been able to get a definite on sex either with two of them. They suspect one of each but I’m hoping we can be more sure at my 16wk appt! It’s so hard when everyone else knows haha!
  • Options
    @craftywitch I won’t fond out until my 20 week appointment. I’m dying to start planning 
  • Options
    @craftywitch I won't be finding out until I am 20w4d at my anatomy since we didn't do any testing or anything. It is KILLING me that I have to wait another whole month. 
  • Options
    You're almost there!!  I can't wait for you all to find out... the waiting is the worst, but so exciting!
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 2/9 - 15+7

Team:  Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Jar of Nutella

Upcoming appts:  Our anatomy scan is scheduled for Sept. 30! I can't believe it is almost here!

How are you feeling?: Good. I have been really tired. School is back in the swing of things and it has been kicking my butt! I need to slow down and get home before 6 (I haven't necessarily been staying at school that late but other things after school are keeping me out late). I haven't even gotten around to posting this week with school. I am just soooo tired!

Rants/Raves: I feel excited to be a mom but don't really feel like one yet, I don't know if that makes sense. I enjoy seeing the baby on the 2 ultrasounds we have had and hearing the heartbeat this week but I still feel detached. I'm not sure what's going on....

Questions: None this week :)

GTKY: As summer is winding down, what is your favorite part of summer? Spending time at the lake camping and going to our local water park lots. We are going to the water park on Labor Day for one more time!
  • Options
    @burr1371, I think not feeling like it’s real yet at this point is normal. With DD I definitely felt more connected when I found out the sex and then once I felt regular movement. I still feel like I’m just pretending to be pregnant this time around.