Group 2 Check In (12/9-12/16) w/o 8/12

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: How would your friends describe you?

Re: Group 2 Check In (12/9-12/16) w/o 8/12

• Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 22w2d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut

Upcoming Appointments: 24 week appt i n a couple of weeks

How are you feeling?: great! Little winded going up stairs, but cant complain about anything other than not fitting into real clothes but not really feeling out maternity clothes.

Rants/Raves:  I sold half of my furniture in my house on FB this weekend and its so nice seeing it all go out the door!

Questions: 

GTKY: How would your friends describe you? Type A. Super outgoing and am always there to help out if they need it. Super busy. 
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: December 16th, 22w +0.

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: blue!

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut

Upcoming Appointments: 24 week appt

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, a bit more out of breath, but otherwise happy and healthy!

Rants/Raves: I love being in the stage now where it's obvious I'm pregnant, not just fat! Lol

Questions: Anyone here live in Idaho?

A little shy, but Harry Potter nerd to the extreme!
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:Dec 16, 22 weeks

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Some say bell pepper while others say coconut.  Those seem like different sizes to me.

Upcoming Appointments: Blood pressure check tomorrow.

How are you feeling?: My back and hips have been hurting and I’ve been having some tightness a few inches above my belly button, but I don’t think my uterus is up that high yet.  I feel good otherwise.  I usually sleep on my stomach or right side so I’m having trouble sleeping on my left.

Rants/Raves: None today!

Questions: Anyone else Rh-?  I remember having rhogam shots with my daughter and then after the D&C for my molar pregnancy but I am worried because I had bleeding episodes a few weeks after the d&c.  

GTKY: How would your friends describe you? Strong, silly, dependable, a professional worrier, and someone who thoroughly enjoys food and wine.  I’m looking forward to having wine again 😊

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: December 9th 23 weeks

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet potato

Upcoming Appointments:August 9th 24 week checkup

How are you feeling?: Stress and anxiety are still very high, but I do not see that shaking soon.
    physically: my mornings are great. i get a lot done and have high energy. By the afternoon into the night my acid reflex kicks into the max.  I take zantac to help but its so much earlier this pregnancy. Sleeping upright last pregnancy was the worst and that started after 30 weeks.  I get real bad back pain by the end of the day too picking up my 10 month old all day, so I finally busted out my belly band to try to help.

Rants/Raves: I am so sick of people asking how i am feeling and then after I answer they just go, well that is being pregnant. I am on my third pregnancy, trust me I know what is pregnant and what isn't. Very aggravating. 
    I also opened up to my husband about my anxiety and feeling down and how I have been thinking of seeing a therapist. He was not as supportive as I hoped and reacted pretty negatively. 

Questions: No questions but to respond to @hcole2016 where in idaho?? I live in Washington, only 30 minutes from the border of northern Idaho

GTKY: How would your friends describe you? Stubborn and a leader. I am very outspoken and usually the first to try anything or take initiative. I have good self motivation for things that drive me such as working out and accomplishing school for my career.

• rjgmcmanusrjgmcmanus member
    edited August 2019
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: December 14, 22 weeks, 2 days

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team blue!

Baby is the size of a(n): Coconut!!!

Upcoming Appointments: This Friday, second anatomy scan since the little bugger was too squiggly last time and they weren't able to get totally accurate measurements.

How are you feeling?: Achey. Lots of back and hip pain. Yoga and physical therapy and prenatal massages are barely keeping up with it...I've actually started to look into other physical therapists, because even though I've been telling my current one about my pain, they're not changing up my routine or what they're doing. I feel like I've plateaued with them. So a little aggravated too, that I don't feel like I'm totally being listened to.

Rants/Raves: See above. Also, LOVE my husband to the moon and back, but he suddenly started freaking out about the finance aspect of everything. I love and appreciate that he's wanting to be responsible and save appropriately...but he needs to chill a bit, because he's stressing me out, lol.

Questions: Aside from physical therapy, yoga, and prenatal massages, any recommendations to help with back and hip pain? Because I'm basically uncomfortable all day every day.

GTKY: How would your friends describe you? Bubbly, outgoing, energetic, strong-willed, stubborn, independent, a little bit type A.

Lord have mercy on me if my son gets my personality, lol!

• @lilyrheas I'm in Moscow Idaho, does that mean you're in Spokane? If so, who are you seeing? I drive up to Coeur d'alene for Dr. Mccrummen, really love them so far, and I get panic attacks trying to drive in downtown Spokane so most of those docs were a no. Coeur d'alene is close enough that if something goes wrong, it's a super quick hop over to Spokane :). Moscow's healthcare is .... Questionable. We're planning on coming up to CDA at week 39, and just waiting for him to make his appearance. If he decides to come before then, we'll try driving up right away. 
  • @rjgmcmanus give acupuncture a go. I also do yoga, Prenatal massage and have revisited PT. A few weeks ago I posted my PT exercises under the exercise discussion, I wonder if any of them are different? 

@lilyrheas sorry that your hubs didn’t seem on board with therapy, I am very pro talking to someone. Like you said you know - all of those feelings are pretty normal, but hopefully you can talk to someone and just get some good coping tactics. Do you have teledoc with insurance? We can use them for phone/virtual therapy appointments which is cool. Also worth seeing if your health insurance has a nurse midwife via phone program. It’s pretty cool how tech is helping things become more accessible. 
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/12 22w
    Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: blue
    Baby is the size of a(n): coconut I guess
    Upcoming Appointments: wed our fetal cardio echo 
    How are you feeling?: hip and leg pain all day. My right calf constantly hurts. 
    Rants/Raves: We were away last week and DS slept with us in bed. I think it was the worst week of sleep I’ve had in a while. And not drinking with everyone sucked too. 
    Questions: nope

GTKY: How would your friends describe you? Loud, outgoing, never gets embarrassed. 

@rjgmcmanus do you have a body or pregnancy pillow to sleep with? It does help release some hip pain. 

@lilyrheas there’s an app where you can text with an available therapist. If DH isn’t thrilled with you going to see someone that may be a good compromise. I’m from a typical Italian American family and there’s always been a stigma against therapists and going to one  if anyone in my family has gone to one l, no one has ever spoke about it. 
  • @KTZ17 I’m also Rh- and had spotting early in the pregnancy so they had me do the rhogam shot early. It is a little freaky but my OB and all of the nurses on call seemed zero worried...also there are 4 other women in my pregnancy group who are Rh- so I don’t feel too alone!! Have you talked to your OB about your specific concerns?

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 23 weeks 0 days

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): 23 week old fetus

Upcoming Appointments: regular OB check in on Friday

How are you feeling?: Good! Acid reflux definitely kicking in lately, and generally feeling a lot of compression in my stomach. I’m short (and short-torsoed) and I feel like everything is getting squished together in there!

Rants/Raves: Baby has been kicking (or punching) with increasing strength...I know it will be uncomfortable later, but right now it is my favorite feeling!!! Also, finally got invites sent for our baby shower 😂...

People tend to tell me things that would usually be considered TMI...so maybe they would describe me as “hard to freak out”? 
  • @anniemarie887 Thank you! I'll have to go back and check those out. Also, I hadn't even thought of acupuncture...good call. 

@ale9687 I do...about the only time I feel okay is first thing in the morning, after sleeping with it. Then it's all downhill the rest of the day.
  • @midgerose86 I had bleeding early in this pregnancy too and had another rhogam
    shot.  Then when I had 16 week bloodwork done they said I was still testing I forget if it was positive or negative for the antibodies because of the shot.  I just don’t really understand it and need to ask about it.  I know I got another shot at 28 weeks last time and another after she was born.  Your baby shower invite is so cute!!!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 23 weeks- Due date Dec 10th 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue 

Baby is the size of a(n): Grapefruit 

Upcoming Appointments: Had my follow up anatomy scan and OB appointment yesterday- happy little guy cooperated and they got the rest of the pictures they needed and everything looked good :) My fundal height is measuring on track and baby had a good HR on the doppler. 

How are you feeling?: stretching pains on sides and groin, peeing all the time, eating all the things 

Rants/Raves: DH and I are going to NYC without our DD for a 4 day weekend to celebrate our anniversary and I guess it will be a little babymoon too. We are going to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on Broadway! I am nervous about flying while pregnant even though I know its totally safe and women do it all the time. DD will be staying with my parents- should be interesting since they have never taken care of her this long by themselves. 

Questions: Nope 

GTKY: How would your friends describe you? A good friend- loyal and there when you need it but blunt and will tell you straight when you are messing up. I have pretty strong opinions about certain things but for the most part I am easy going. I am not very forgiving if I feel I have been wronged and hold grudges for a long time- Over the years I have cut out a lot of toxic/fake people and so called "friends" out of my life because life is too short and I am old enough not to put up with BS anymore. When bad times happen to you is when you find out who you are true friends are and who are not. 

@KTZ17 I am Rh- and have had 2 miscarriages (a MMC and a CP) and had the rhogam after each of those. During my pregnancy with DD I had a rhogam at 28 weeks and then after delivery. I still had some not clinically significant antibodies when they checked my blood type in April from when I got the rhogam after my CP in February but they weren't concerned. 
  • Ftm, green,  baby is baby sized,  no appts this wk.

Rants/ raves,  my gums are feeling sore lately,  I need a cleaning scheduled :(. I never had dental problems before pregnancy.  Not even a cavity at age 37!  Raves,  I'm reading this book called Beneath the Tamarind Tree which is a reporter's accounting of the kidnapping of the girls in Chibok, Nigeria by Boko Haram and I CANNOT put it down.  It's so interesting and written in a fast paced style that really breaks down the nuances of Nigerian politics.

Questions,  no none I can think of.

How would my friends describe me? Man idk. I guess organized,  efficient, practical.  Not touchy feely.   I don't really have many friends and I've definitely pulled away more from them during this pregnancy.  I keep to myself mostly. 
  • @hcole2016 Yes i live close to Spokane. I go to Spokane OBGYN downtown. I do not have a set doctor there, I just see them all, that way when I deliver at least I know a familiar face. They are all amazing and very on board with anything I want to do.  We plan to give birth at Sacred Heart hospital, same place we did last October. I absolutely loved my experience there compared to Spokane valley in 2014. I hope your drive up for the hospital is good. I do not know much on the hospital in Coeur d' Alene. I just hope the weather and snow holds off for you!!

@anniemarie887 @ale9687 Thanks for the response. I am defiantly going to look into a virtual therapist. Or check out the text, that sounds very useful too. I think my husband just cant comprehend how I am feeling at the moment. We became a 2 child family last October and then we planned this third to be quick after the other. Yet, even tho it was all planned I also became a stay at home mom for the first time last year. So I am having a difficult time balancing staying home, doing school, chasing the two kids to appointments and school and events. Doing all the mom stuff 24/7 now and being pregnant has put a lot of mental stress on me. Not that I don't love it but he does not understand why I find it hard some days and he takes it the wrong way, like i am complaining about being a mother. I more just need help sorting my thoughts of the days events.
  • @Spartanrd4 you are gonna love HP & the Cursed Child! i'm so excited FOR you (it was my bday gift from my parents last year!)
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 22 weeks + 4 days

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Coconut

Upcoming Appointments: 24 week

How are you feeling?: Easily winded.

Rants/Raves: Starting to wish I was not such a procrastinator, because we are moving on August 26 and I have not started on any sorting or packing of our belongings. I'm also starting to worry because our house is still on the market and it has been super slow! I know it will be fine in the end, but I am still a worrywart.

Questions: Nothing really, to be honest. I have had a normal pregnancy and been through it once already, so hoping I get as lucky the second time around as I did the first.

GTKY: How would your friends describe you? Quiet at first before opening up. Forgetful and a little spacey. Career oriented. Hit with the travel bug. Bookworm.