January 2020 Moms

PGAL Check-in 8/7

This thread is a safe place for those who are pregnant after a loss. (PGAL). If you have suffered a loss please feel free to answer the questions below and keep things going throughout the week as a continuing conversation.  

If you haven’t suffered a loss, please refrain from answering the questions, but know we welcome anyone who wants to come in and support the PGAL ladies and their milestones with encouragement or love tits! Thank you!  

1. How many weeks are you? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY: What part of fall are you most excited about? 

Re: PGAL Check-in 8/7

• 1. How many weeks are you? 15w3d

2. Previous loss(es)? 1/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Physically, I'm ok. I still have vague nausea, and my chest is a LITTLE sore, but nothing like it was. I'm still exhausted and can't really make it through the day without a nap. Emotionally...as the symptoms wear down, and movement is still a...is that baby or air bubbles...my anxiety has kicked up. I have an elective ultrasound Friyay that's made me completely fear seeing no heartbeat...or movement. *shrug* Like @kbrown2385, I know statistically everything is fine, but I also know at my age that statistic never gets as low as it did when I was 34 and someone has to be that 5%.

4. Any appointment updates? 18w appt and anatomy scan at the end of August. Time just ain't slippin slippin slippin....into the future. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? As much as I detest summer, I love the traffic and I'm going to miss being able to leave the house at 640 and get to work on time. It'll have to drop to 610 to get here by 650 in hope of finding parking. On the other side, DS will be worn out by school and I can stop having the XBOX/bedtime battle every night.

6. Any milestones coming up? Every day.

7. GTKY: What part of fall are you most excited about? The first cold front. It usually comes between mid August and early September, bringing with it a few days of storms. It changes everything. Everything turns green again. The nights get cooler, even if the days are still hot. Morning fog creeps in. It literally SMELLS different. It heralds the coming of my favorite time of year...Halloween, Dia de los Muertos, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year. My lights go on at sundown on Nov 3, and stay on until Epiphany. My family and SO made fun of me until they started realizing they looked forward to seeing my house lit up every time they drove down the street. It just makes people happy.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 19 today!

2. Previous loss(es)? 9/18 & 3/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I had some pretty graphic MC nightmares leading up to my ultrasound yesterday and am thankful that everything went well at the scan. My hips are next level pain. I feel like princess and the pea when I sleep on my side, just sharp numbing hip pain and rolling over constantly. I'm thinking I might need a new mattress. Also my hunger has increased significantly.

4. Any appointment updates? Anatomy scan went well! I will find out the results and details at my midwife apt on monday.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? DD was sick sunday to tuesday with a temp and I have been so stressed with her staying home all those days, way to much stress and she's going through tantrums..i don't even know how to calmly deal

6. Any milestones coming up? I've passed everything. I'm just counting down to the viability "safe" zone

7. GTKY: What part of fall are you most excited about? Can't wait for the fall leaves, for visiting the farms over the weekend, apple picking / pumpkin patch visits / wagon rides etc :) I love the period from september to new years, my favourite time of year!

@kbrown2385 good luck at your appointment tomorrow! My anxiety always builds up the days leading to an appointment. And agreed, people can be so annoying but also I'm on a short fuse this week.
    @FyreFlyeRush i love your description of the changing season, it perfectly captures that feeling!
  • @c1kc1kpol1cn1k, I can't wait for pumpkin! I love to cook with it. More than just pies, I use it in place of yellow squash in savory dishes, too. Every year I say I'm going to make pumpkin soup and I don't. But, I think this year I will. 
  • @c1kc1kpol1cn1k so glad your anatomy scan went well! Add me to the hip pain club. My left one hurts so bad today!

@FyreFlyeRush you’re so right about the smell! I can’t wait for fall to start. It’s my favorite. 
  • @FyreFlyeRush I love pumpkin soup!!! Make it every year. I make pumpkin bread too :)
    @kbrown2385 is yours hurting all day or just when you sleep, not fun for sure ! 
  • @c1kc1kpol1cn1k Dealing with hip pain over here too

1. How many weeks are you? 17 weeks today

2. Previous loss(es)? My son at 16w5d in Oct 2016

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? This past week was rough with my milestone, but both baby and I made it through to the other side and I feel like a weight has been lifted.  It was looming over me like a dark cloud.  I've had it in my head that if baby survived past her brother then she will survive the pregnancy - praying that is the truth.  Physically I am doing pretty good still, just some occasional hip pain and the need for a nap every day.

4. Any appointment updates? Saw the OB yesterday for a Doppler as it was the day after my milestone and I needed the reassurance.  I go back again next Thursday for another Doppler. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Breast pain is back with a vengeance the past couple of days!  Almost as bad as the beginning.  What the heck!

6. Any milestones coming up?  Every day is a milestone now

7. GTKY: What part of fall are you most excited about? All of it!  Sweaters, boots, apple picking, pumpkin farms, Halloween, fall decor (all the pumpkins!) ... I love it all!!

• @DalexRN, I'm so glad you made it through. I was thinking about you this week.

My elective ultrasound went hilariously. Baby is still in there, cooking and grooving along. But, he is a STUBBORN one. He refused to face us, showing us his back the whole time, turning away any time she got close to him...  Until he finally rolled, face down, sticking his feet on my placenta and kicking the heck out of it repeatedly like he was mad it was in his way.  

Also, most definitely a MALE baby. There was no doubting his sex. Of course, we already knew that, but still cool to see.
  • @FyreFlyeRush Sounds like you have a feisty one!
    @DalexRN I’m so glad you got to the other side of the MC date with your little one. I hope it brings comfort. Also, my boobs are killing me, too!
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k and @kbrown2385 I have it too but it’s a bit more toward my butt—just right side. Getting up from laying down can be excruciating. 

1. How many weeks are you? 17w3d

2. Previous loss(es)? 2/17

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I had a nightmare last night where I got really sick with an absurdly high fever, and I was terrified I was going to lose the baby but I couldn’t get anyone to understand or do anything. Woke up in a panic. 

4. Any appointment updates? Anatomy scan 8/26

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I get so stressed hosting houseguests. We have in-laws plus 2 nieces in town Thurs-Mon and it’s exhausting. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Each appointment is a milestone at this point. 

7. GTKY: What part of fall are you most excited about? I love it all! In addition to the cool weather, my favorites are football, pumpkin bread, apple cider, and decorating the house for fall!