November 2019 Moms

August Randoms

Re: August Randoms

• November sounds so far away still, but when I see the weekly coundown on my app it's not really! My son's birthday is Oct 30 and my due date is Nov 15. I would be ok if baby girl comes a bit early, but not before DS's birthday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd love this baby to be born like October 27, lol, which is a week before my due date. I'd be okay anywhere after October 22 or so. I am assuming if my placenta does not move that my RCS would be October 28. Somehow end of October sounds much closer than November.
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m kinda hoping for labor to start at 38 weeks. That’s when I had my last baby and it was perfect. She wasn’t super huge but full term and nurses like a champ. 
  • Not going to lie, wouldn't be super upset about 38 or 39 weeks either.  Mostly because I prefer the for the birthstones hahaha so a really solid reason for October over November.
  • My husband was due on my due date (11/6) and born 10/24! Kind of a fun coincidence. So we will see when she decides to arrive!
  • I'm hoping for a late one! I'm in a program with a strict attendance policy and my last day of classes is November 7, my due date is the 10th. As long as it's after my last class on the 7th, I'll be thrilled!
  • Im due 11/23 which is the 7 year anniversary of my first date with my husband. Im ok waiting until around the due date but also that runs the risk that some times kiddos birthday will fall right around Thanksgiving. I got induced at 38 weeks so I was a late June due date (22) and had her on the 10th. So any time in November is good for me. My clients typically start to take a break from counseling in November and December and pick back up in January so that would give me some time to just be home with baby. I still feel like November sounds so far away some times!
  • @purplefan1 that's sweet that your due date is the anniversary of your first date with YH! @runningfortwo81 that also a funny coincidence about YH being due the same day!

My wedding anniversary is mid-October and it will be 5 years. When we got married one of the gifts we received was three wines, one for our 1st anniversary, 1 for our 5th and 1 for the 10th. I'm making MH hold onto the 5 year bottle until baby is born though, haha. I'm ridiculously excited to open it.

• I’m finally home from my trip up to northern AK. We drove through Denali national park and only saw 1 moose the entire time. 😑 plus, I wasn’t able to get a picture because he was driving so fast and I wasn’t prepared. They always look so confused and scared when I see them. Also clumsy, like they are just tripping over their really long legs. 

As as for the fair, we really enjoyed it. The kids rode tons of rides and I bought so much stuff at the venders. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 I'm glad you had a good time! I'm sure you'll see plenty of moose, maybe more during colder months. I think I saw somewhere that the Alaska state fair draws most of the population of Alaska while it goes on, so it's probably pretty awesome.
  • @creamcheeseplease - Yay for 5 years coming up!  Definitely in agreement with him waiting to drink the wine.  I can not wait for wine. :D
  • @creamcheeseplease that's such a sweet wedding present!! Hope the wine is awesome! I'll have to think about that next time we're invited to a wedding. 

• BNBTBNBT member
    @creamcheeseplease that is an awesome wedding present! 
  • @mc0303 yeah I always think I'm going to do this as a gift for other people and then I never have, lol.

@Dancer688 I'm also so pumped for wine. I've been daydreaming about my "home from the hospital" meal - a giant plate of sushi and a glass of wine.

@emeraldcity1214 glad the fair was fun! I feel like any moose pictures I see they always look how you describe, scared/confused.

• @creamcheeseplease that is an awesome wedding gift! I’m glad your DH is waiting to open it with you. It would kinda take the excitement out of it if only one of you can drink it. 

@ABabyMarshall apparently the state fair is in palmer and we went to Fairbanks. I was confused because we talked about both but ended up at Fairbanks by it was also my MIL’s bday. DH said it was a huge fair too but I’m convinced he hasn’t been to an actual huge fair because the one I grew up going to in AL was 3 or 4 times larger than this one. I think it was the perfect size for our kids though. 
  • When are we considering the 3rd trimester starting?  I just hit 27 weeks which according to one of my apps is the start but then another site told me 28 weeks?  

Mostly I just want to know if the GIF party should be started yet. :)
  • @dancer688 I asked this in the check in the other week too haha. I think most people said 28w. That being said, I will hit 28w on Sunday and there are a couple ladies ahead of me so we should probably get it started! I’m on my way out the door so feel free to start it or I will once I stop driving :) 
  • Third tri gif party is up!!
  • This pregnancy has flown by! October and November will be here before we know it!! 
  • I can't believe we're getting so close to 3rd trimester!!! I'm feeling very emotional about it. 

@emeraldcity1214 I think similarly, but have zero experience. How do people vouch? 

• I am good with that on the PG requirements but am wondering how that would work as well.
  • @mc0303 there can be more than one person set as an “admin” to a PG (I think) and then all of those people need to vouch for the person interested in joining. We can start a thread where people can ask for an invite and if they get 3 votes they can get an invite. All regs would get an automatic invite obviously. 
  • Today is PT day 1. So far we have had 1 pee and half of it went to the potty and now she is holding it. I can tell because she has had a few drops leak out and nothing else. So I guess she is going to be a “camel” like her sister. I’m okay with that, it makes the outings easier but the first few days are long because I’m constantly on guard looking for pee that isn’t coming. 
  • BNBTBNBT member
    @emeraldcity1214 good luck! When you PT, do you do the night time at the same time? Or save that for further down the road and only focus on days for now? I'm currently at the stage of "get mentally prepared" of PT for our daughter ha
  • @BNBT I have tried to do both and it is too much for me at one time. My 5 year old DD night trained herself. I worked on night training DS2 for almost 4 months and it just wasn’t something that was happening for him so I quit and haven’t revisited. I think he is getting ready because I know he can stay dry but most of the time he wets his pull-up. I have a feeling DD2 will be a lot like DD1 and be fully trained within a month or so. I do ditch all daytime diapers. So she won’t get one at nap either. At this point, with her holding it, she would just pee in the diaper and hold it until bedtime. 
  • BNBTBNBT member
    @emeraldcity1214 I'm thinking of doing it at separate times as well, just see how she handles potty training for day time first.

As for the PG, I think what you suggested makes sense. 
  • Who do we all want as the admin? I think we should vote on that. Maybe we can start a thread and people can post who they would like to see as an admin and we will go with the people who have the most votes. 
  • I'm down for PG discussions getting underway. I like the rules @emeraldcity1214 proposed, that 3 people need to vouch for someone to get invited into the PG. I'm excited to quit holding my phone over my face on HDBD, ha.

• Three people for the PG sounds reasonable.  For my last BMB we did that when moving to FB after the babies were born. I have never been in a PG here.  So is it the same as this but you have to be invited in? 

Of course people voting on you is always a little nerve inducing, I blame holdover jitters from middle school, LOL
  • @drama_llama it has the same format. All the members have to be invited and you exclude the lurkers so you can post more freely. Also, TB admin don’t patrol the group. Also, you are a reg so you will automatically get votes in. The voting is mainly for the less active individuals. That way we don’t let the lurkers in. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 thanks for the info and reassurance! Sounds nice.  My last BMB is still very active on Facebook and it was such an amazing support system during that first year. I like the idea that you can be more open in the closed group. For instance I won't post pictures on an open forum like this. 👍
  • @emeraldcity1214 that's awesome! I hope it continues!!
  • @emeraldcity1214 - That is awesome!!  Yay potty training!  

@BNBT - I second @emeraldcity1214, I do day and night training separately mostly because it is much less work once they are older.  

Also, definitely on board for a PG
  • gumby22cgumby22c member
    edited August 2019
    I also did day and night PTing separately. DS day trained last spring at 2.5, but still wears pulls up to bed. Now at almost 4, he keeps asking to wear underwear to bed at night. Hes probably close to being ready because he does wake up dry at least 50% of the time if not more. I just made him a sticker chart so we can start tracking his dry mornings. I told him if he can go 1 week with dry pullups, we can give underwear a try.
  • I didnt make the cut for the fb group for my last BMB and it hurt my feelings. I guess they talked about it one week or weekend or something and that happened to be a busy one for me so i wasnt on and checking and then they decided it was big enough so wouldnt let anyone else in. And I was more active on that one than I have been on this one. It sucked because then the regs all moved over there but would randomly come by and say some snarky stuff and then run back to that group. Made the end of the pregnancy not as much fun for us noncool kids who got left behind.