January 2020 Moms
Options

Nuchal Translucency

I am 35 (will be 36 when baby is born) and with my NT or 2.6-2.7mm (13 weeks 0 days) and bloods (hcg .84 mom and Papp-a .94 mom) I came back with a 1 in 194 for Down syndrome risk. I think it was my age and NT that pushed the results as I don’t think my bloods seem that bad?? I did the harmony test prior at 10 weeks 4 days and got a less in 1 in 10,000 for all 3 trisomies. I will get a cardiac scan when I am around 6 months. My doctor did not advise any additional testing because of my harmony test results and he believes that it is way more reliable than the scan and combined blood tests. Great right? So my concern is this I had a son who was born with a very rare cardiac birth defect and once you are that 1 in 10,000 you can’t help to hear no matter what .... that there is a chance not matter how small. The harmony test only detected 7.3% fetal dna - prob because I had it so early. There is also some discrepancy as to when I know I conceived and the size my baby is registering on the scan. I believe I am reading 4-5 days sooner. So with an early harmony tests done with low fetal dna is it that reliable? Am I just over thinking it and panicking because of what I went through in my last pregnancy? Would you get an Amnio? Any advice and stories are needed! Thank you for reading my post.

Re: Nuchal Translucency

• Options
    Hi and welcome! If you’d like to join our board please introduce yourself on the introduction thread and the head over to the “read first board organization” thread so you can get an idea of how we work here. We discourage one off posts as it clutters the board and we like to keep things organized. This question would have been great in the NIPT testing and discussion thread. Also, I saw you’ve asked this twice on the 1st trimester board and got some great feedback, specifically from my friend @chichiphin. I personally would speak to a geneticist first like she recommended. Good luck! I know it can all be very nerve wracking wanting to know if baby is healthy.
  • Options
    saral1717saral1717 member
    edited July 2019
    Thank you for the suggestion I added the question to the already existing NIPT thread. I got sent a message that I should post the question here by another member in the 1st trimester post so I did. Introducing myself now....