October 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms 7/23 to 7/31

Starting August 1, should we just do monthly randoms? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19

Re: Randoms 7/23 to 7/31

• Options
    It seems like it has died down in here but if we do monthly randoms, do you think it will get even more quiet? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I may not be so hard to keep up either I suppose! 
    I got DS to poop on the toliet for the first time!! Finally😂 he lost a pair of undies but I have been struggling with this for a while lol
    🙌🏻🙌🏻 I just got my oldest to finally poop in the toilet this week too! Such a great victory in the house 😂 now if I can get the second child to be potty trained by October, I will only have one kid in diapers haha
  • Options
    Getting DD potty trained by October is my goal too, but she is too resistant right now.

@dogmom5 I guess doing monthly randoms could go either way. My thinking was that doing it monthly would allow the comments to keep rolling, especially for those that want to comment, but don't want to start it.

So we are finally getting our new roof today. It has been a slow moving process because we needed our solar panels removed and that took 2 months from the time it was scheduled to be completed. I take a nap after work because I work 3am-11am. I would have asked to work first shift today, but I have a midwife appt after work. I'll try to nap with all the roof noise, but an extra coffee may be needed today and definitely have an easy dinner planned.  

Me (32) DH (34) | |
  • Options
    Well by the end of the night he was asking for a diaper again😑 but a step is a step and I'll take it 😂

• Options
    Congrats @andromedacorrine2 and @dogmom2 on the potty training! I wish my kiddo was ready to get started. Ummm and @andromedacorrine2, what exactly do you mean that DS lost a pair? Dirtied? Clean but lost in the toilet, or just around the house somewhere? I'm hoping not dirty and lost around the house 😂
    @telicious2 good luck trying to sleep with the work getting done. Shift work can definitely be rough when you've got stuff you actually have to do during the day as well.
    Personally I feel like the Randoms thread is only going to be as quiet or as busy as people let it be. Whether it's an every week thread or monthly thread, the quantity/quality is going to be the same depending on the group's participation.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • Options
    @cooaladolly no they were dirtied and I was not about to try to clean them 😂 thankfully they were a smaller size he'll be getting out of here soon(he has a skinny butt😂) but this preggo lady couldn't handle trying to clean them up 😂😂

• Options
    @andromedacorrine2 Cleaning poopy undies is such a pain! And I just thought about Hmm I wonder if a panty liner would be helpful?  :D

Our roof is done! But it wouldn’t be a typical home project unless another problem arose. We have all this wood rot that was covered by siding. We now get to get estimates on how much to repair but it may just need to be covered back up and dealt with next year when finances are better. 

Me (32) DH (34) | |
  • Options
    @telicious2 That is a hilarious suggestion about a panty liner! And so sorry about the wood rot! I hate unexpected home repairs!!

*TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• Options
    I have been touring rising freshmen around the school all week, and it is KILLING my pelvis. SPD is the worst. Only 3 more months... :cry:
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Oh no @telicious2! So sorry more work was found to be done. At least the roof is completed though. Unless the wood rot is a structural issue I would totally be covering it back up until next spring at least. Roofs aren't cheap!
         BabyGaga
  • Options
    Hi all. I was wondering if anyone had to take a class for gestational diabetes from their hospital? I got the wonderful news I failed both tests yesterday and they want me to come in for a group class over how to check blood and the diet. Problem is, they're at 9 or 130 on weekdays with no alternative times. I work in healthcare and was trained to test blood sugars and was wondering if there were any STMs who went through this. I was hoping to just get a nutritionist and not have to waste a sick day on a training. TIA.
  • Options
    I’m a FTM. I got diagnosed two weeks ago and got a dietician. I didn’t have a group class. I’ve met with her twice so far. I could see the first visit being good in a group setting though. It was mostly going over carb choices and good carbs vs bad carbs and making sure I got enough carbs. 
  • Options
    @sammygirl18 thanks. I was hoping to just see the dietician so I'm gonna push for that with my doctor
  • Options
    Is it me? 
    Or did the board completely die, after the PG was created? 
    I feel like the people who won the popularity vote are no longer active on here anymore. Blah, I miss us being one big community and the activity on here. Why even separate ourselves from one another? 
  • Options
    jcbh2018 said:
    Is it me? 
    I feel like the people who won the popularity vote are no longer active on here anymore. Blah, I miss us being one big community and the activity on here. Why even separate ourselves from one another? 
    Agreed.  It really seems like a dead zone anymore
  • Options
    @jcbh2018 you're right. I guess the rest of us need to try to be more active? It does suck that it's gotten so quiet. 

Anyone have any ideas how we can bring those of us that are still here together more? What would make everyone more active or want to be more active?
  • Options
    jcbh2018 said:
    Is it me? 
    I agree. I think people are just upset that we were left out. Plus we created a Facebook group since we were really upimpressed with the process they chose. Sucks that the rest of our pregnancy we won't have the support on here. 
  • Options
    I'm in a stay on the couch all day mood today 😂😂

• Options
    @prpl11butterfly I don't know that @jcbh2018 comment was a complaint so much as an expression of disappointment at the quietness of the group. I think it's okay for people to express their feelings of disappointment at the quietness of the group. Perhaps it's a way of saying they miss the input of those that were active and expressing disappointment at the fact that no one else will be added to the PG.

Everyone knows how it feels to be left out of things and no one likes to be rejected. I can understand not wanting to hear complaints, but also you can understand the other side right?
  • Options
    I was expressing my reasoning for not participating over here. My comment wasn't directed at JCBH2018 or any particular PP. Just a general statement as to why I (and a few others) dropped off in participating.
  • Options
    cheznetcheznet member
    edited July 2019
    As someone who was invited to the private group, but kind of pleasantly surprised due to the fact that I wasn't the MOST active here, I think that perhaps there should be some more people invited, who *I* think were about as active as me. But it's a democracy. I voted for everyone because I like being inclusive, but I understand why some people didn't get enough votes - because they were not well recognized by the majority of the group. I definitely understand why some of the newer members and people whose screen names I didn't recognize were not let in. 

This is the first message board I have ever been apart of and TBH, I didn't really expect or totally understand the voting process. I don't know what I would have done differently, but originally I thought people would be let in just with a picture including bump and sign that said screenname and date, to try to rule out catfish. Maybe I'm naive.
  • Options
    I just ordered a handful of things from Walmart.com. I’m outgrowing some of my maternity stuff and am mad I have to spend more money so I’m scouring sales. The one pair of pjs are so comfy if anyone is looking for some! It looks like they only have size small left though: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nurture-by-Lamaze-Maternity-nursing-short-sleeve-and-pants-sleep-set/376809830
    I like that I can wear them now and they will work pp for nursing too
  • Options
    meagan-t said:
    They are more than happy to provide support and input to those who request it, the same way it was always done. However, very little activity has taken place over here that requires any sort of input or answer outside of complaining about the PG. PG members can't be expected to put on a show of asking all the questions and giving all the answers while others silently lurk; that isn't how a stable and supportive community works. If you want positive change, you have to put something positive forth to get it.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    I guess since I loaded the gun and some of you pulled the trigger. I’ll try and end it.
    I’ve already expressed that I was disappointed in not being “voted”  in for the PG group. What I was really trying to say ^above, was, that the activity of the people who were voted in, kinda stopped putting in their two cents. It’s not about you PG members (as @meagan-t said)  “putting on a show of asking all the questions and giving all the answers”. I wasn’t suggesting that. I also know some of you in the PG are FTM’s, so quite frankly, you, yourselves, would have questions and not know all the answers. 
    Some of you have not liked the backlash that was given. But what did you expect? I dunno. 
    A lot of you said that you’d still stick on this board, but haven’t.
    @jcbh2018 there have been plenty of opportunities for you to be supportive in the last week or two; someone getting through construction, new questions being asked, birthday wishes to be wished, just as examples, but you stay silent until you want to complain about inclusion. That right there is why you didn't get voted in. 

Ha! I laugh at this. Before I packed/moved, I was always putting in my two cents. As of late, being back in my home state has been very hectic. I’m what some of you would consider “lurking” but, I’m still chiming in here and there. Overall, my issue is, that the whole board seems dead. Like I said above. Most of you that went to the PG haven’t been as active on this original board anymore. You are also “lurking” until someone triggers you, then you chime in. 
    If I really have to quote myself and make myself clear for my OP “ I miss us being one big community on here and the activity, why even separate ourselves from one another”.