October 2019 Moms

** Oct19 Mummies Private Group Info **

Re: ** Oct19 Mummies Private Group Info **

• @melanier26, did you try clicking the link in your PM? I think you need to join via your actual invitation, rather than request to join the group since it's set up as invite-only.

If that's not the issue, I'd just keep trying on different formats (desktop, mobile, app, different internet browsers). TB is so glitchy, sometimes you just have to find the one combo that works to get in!
  • @melanier26 if you are still having issues send me a PM to confirm. I can delete you and resubmit to get you a new link. Yours was 1 I was having trouble with due to the spam blocker.
  • Loading the player...
  • SLou24SLou24 member
    Ok I’m having so many issues accepting my invite. I tried all the tricks but I’ll keep trying— when I click on “Join this group” it has me say why I want to join, then it just freezes. I’ll try on desktop but can’t right now because the only computer I have at work at the moment is facing everyone 😬
  • @SLou24 That’s what happened with me on my laptop. Ugh, TB is the worst
  • I will try to send you both new invites.....
  • galentine said:
    @m123mm it is live now so that the newly added members can vote as they accept their invitations.
    @m123mm, to add to this: the second/final voting round may take a bit longer than the first round. There are more members to vote this time, and several people have experienced issues getting into the private group.

Try to have patience, but we will keep everyone updated here 😊

::stuck in the box::
    thank you all for working on this!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • +1 to not leaving either!! Still gonna be here 😊😊

• galentine said:
    Will someone keep us updated on when the voting comes to an end? I try to remember to check my inbox but get easily distracted. 
    @sweetteaandswingsmama, absolutely! We'll make an announcement here when the voting is finished and invites have been sent. We are close -- just have a few more members who need to cast their votes. Hopefully soon 😊
    Thank you! I keep checking my inbox too and then my app freezes and I have to close and restart it 😅

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • I won't abandon here either! I promise!!
  • Invites have been sent!
  • m123mmm123mm member
    Best of luck to everyone! Was happy to spend the first 6 months enjoying everyone’s stories and connecting with you all! 
  • Invites have been sent!
    We get the invite by clicking on the little envelope icon, right? If so, it says no messages so I’m assuming I’m not in? 😬 just want to be sure I’m reading/checking that correctly 
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited July 2019
    jal88144 said:
    Invites have been sent!
    We get the invite by clicking on the little envelope icon, right? If so, it says no messages so I’m assuming I’m not in? 😬 just want to be sure I’m reading/checking that correctly 
    @jal88144, you are correct. Unfortunately you didn't receive quite enough love its for this private group.

ETA - as steminist said well above, keep posting and making connections! Just because this private group has been formed now doesn't mean others can't be created later. 
  • Just curious- how come the ones accepting invites now aren’t able to vote on members that are pending 75% love tits? Or would the members pending not get to 75% even IF all the currently accepting members vote for them? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • @galentine thanks for clarifying! No worries, I’ll still be providing any help/questions I can with the ladies staying in the original ☺️
  • Just curious- how come the ones accepting invites now aren’t able to vote on members that are pending 75% love tits? Or would the members pending not get to 75% even IF all the currently accepting members vote for them? 
    The bolded. Even if the new members added yesterday all voted "yes," it would not cause anyone's votes to go from under 75% to over 75% of the overall group.
  • Thanks for confirming @galentine

I can’t help but feel the FOMO right now. I’ll stick around for sure and hope that there will be regulars and others who will want to go straight to Fb group in a few months. 

Me (32) DH (34) | |
  • alinic916 said:
    Wow! Pretty disappointed I'm not invited! I might not be on here every single day, but I have been on at least once or twice a week since I found out I was pregnant. You'd think that would be enough to be part of the private group. I might not have talked or commented on every single person's comments, but have definitely been active.  Unfortunately, life is extremely busy right now and can't check in every single day like some do or haven't hand a chance to chat with 75% of the people on this board. Definitely didn't expect that. 
    @alinic916, you were invited into the group yesterday and it shows that you accepted the invitation. If you are having issues accessing the group, you may reach out to one of the Admins for help.
  • what?!?! i didn't get any kind of notification. I'm so sorry for complaining then!  I just saw @prpl11butterfly post this morning and didn't see any indication that I was in and was so disappointed. Thank you for clearing that up @galentine Going to figure it out now!
  • I haven’t received an invite in my inbox. I also don’t have a desktop. What do I do?! Lol 
  • @jcbh2018 Are you Apple or Android? I think both ways were posted on page 1 of this thread on how to access inbox from mobile desktop view. 

Me (32) DH (34) | |
  • I’m now realizing why I hate these “mom groups”, it’s like high school all over again!  Happy to navigate the rest of my experiences without all this online fake “love tit” relationships.  See ya! 
  • @kindbytealikat I can see that. The thing that got me was it being said that another private group can be started later. So it sounds like there's no chance of anyone else being added to the original group once some of those in that group get to know the rest of us that are interested in the private group better. Just my two cents. 
  • @shesha15zap I am not in the PG but you are probably right. Maybe some in the PG will join a PG 2.0 or (what I hope) will go straight to private Fb group. I am not sure of the future dynamic of those in the PG joining up with us later on because both of my previous BMBs went to Fb post babies. 

According to the icons under your sn (on my mobile) it looks like you have been around for a while. May I suggest you personalize your icon picture so you can stand out better especially if you would like to join a group later?

Me (32) DH (34) | |
  • @jcbh2018 Are you Apple or Android? I think both ways were posted on page 1 of this thread on how to access inbox from mobile desktop view. 
    Apple. I noticed that invites were sent. I’ll check my inbox now. 
  • I checked... still nothing. 
  • @galentine I will be accepting shortly I’m out of town for the weekend and trying to get my app to let me accept. If not I’ll accept by Monday ❤️
  • @telicious2 thanks for the suggestion. I did add a profile pic. 
  • alinic916 said:
    Wow! Pretty disappointed I'm not invited! I might not be on here every single day, but I have been on at least once or twice a week since I found out I was pregnant. You'd think that would be enough to be part of the private group. I might not have talked or commented on every single person's comments, but have definitely been active.  Unfortunately, life is extremely busy right now and can't check in every single day like some do or haven't hand a chance to chat with 75% of the people on this board. Definitely didn't expect that. 
    This. I messaged @galentine yesterday, curious on why I haven’t received an invite. I also have been a regular poster on here. Recently, I’ve been a little MIA due to our move. But, I (being a previous bump user) was very excited to get back on the board once I found out I was pregnant again. I didn’t know that we had to have a popular “vote” I just assumed that being an active and regular poster, that I would receive an invite. I don’t want a pity party, but, I do feel butt hurt about not receiving an invite. 
  • m123mmm123mm member
    edited July 2019
    jcbh2018 said:
    alinic916 said:
    This. I messaged @galentine yesterday, curious on why I haven’t received an invite. I also have been a regular poster on here. Recently, I’ve been a little MIA due to our move. But, I (being a previous bump user) was very excited to get back on the board once I found out I was pregnant again. I didn’t know that we had to have a popular “vote” I just assumed that being an active and regular poster, that I would receive an invite. I don’t want a pity party, but, I do feel butt hurt about not receiving an invite. 
    Let’s just make our own group haha! Im thinking there’s a lot of people who are a bit hurt by this as well