December 2019 Moms
Options

Why my pregnant self is crying...

Re: Why my pregnant self is crying...

• Options
    @cpk3535 I love that idea for a STM, and will be stealing that myself for the second child. Brilliant.  Also, so sorry your mom was so rude about your name. I think it's ADORABLE! She definitely needs to get over it. And I'm sure when baby is born, she will forget all about it. 
  • Options
    I cried in the car this afternoon because we were stuck in a bad traffic jam and I had to pee so badly!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jane the Virgin finale (and the cast interviews about the show)  :'( 

Though to be fair I probably would be even if I wasn't pregnant. It just feels a little full circle because I originally started watching it because I was pregnant with my first.
  • Options
    Yesterday: My husband forwarded me an e-mail from his boss that was acknowledging the teams hard work and extra hours they've been putting in (they're all salary) and reminding them that this shouldn't be the norm once they hire another person and get back to being fully staffed. His boss also said he thanks the families of the team too for putting up with it and that family time is important. I replied back to my husband saying thanks, DJ made me cry!

Today: I was super cranky this morning and when I got to work I realized I brought my tea that I keep at work home after the entire way in I was telling myself the tea would cheer me up. tears. 
  • Options
    @CapricaAndrea I also watch and love Jane the Virgin. So sad it’s over, my two younger sisters are adopted from Guatemala and it’s been amazing for them to see people who look like them on tv. 
  • Options
    We watched our first grown up movie in a long time (STM, we don’t do much w/ DD very often) and saw “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood”.  DH and I lived down in So Cal for about 6 years before returning to Northern California to have DD, and we miss living there everyday.  The movie wasn’t sad (maybe a little at points), but I always get down thinking about how badly we want to sell out of the Bay Area and move back down there.  Making matters worse, our daughter really wants to move there now, too.  Anyway, I had a good, pregnancy depression cry yesterday.  Sometimes things just don’t come fast enough...le sigh 😔 
  • Options
    It’s me again... cried watching the episode of Parks and Recreation where Ann and Chris leave town to go to have a baby and live in Michigan.  They play Tom Petty’s “Wildflowers” in the background.  I think I was crying because all of these friends are parting ways, plus thinking about Tom Petty dying.  I’m ridiculous right now!
  • Options
    Angry cry. Last night I made a roast in the crockpot for dinner. I like my potatoes cooked with the roast but opted for mashed so I could use them and the leftover roast for open face sandwiches tonight. The roast was 3 lbs, intentionally large so we’d have leftovers. I just noticed dh took the container full of meat for lunch 😣 his lunch is on the top shelf, in his lunch container, which I showed him last night!!! I’m so mad. Id be irritated regardless but I’m irrationally upset about this. 
  • Options
    Yesterday, I had to go into work to meet a customer in the morning at my secondary shop, and I was immediately angry with how many employees were in there just f-ing around.  Plus, for some reason, I just really didn’t want to be there- my morning timeline was just messed up.  I sat at a computer and did some of my work, holding back tears of frustration/anger/depression/whatever.  DH was with me, and the emotional wave eventually passed.  Ugh...
  • Options
    I love Ted talks but don't go down that road! Its addictive and if you are prone to being extra emotional when pregnant you will just keep watching more videos and crying. Or at least that's how I spent my morning. 
  • Options
    We went to a zoo while on vacation, and in the gift shop we were looking at kid/baby books. I was looking at a book of baby animals, and it was SO absolutely cute, and I started crying because I couldn't handle how adorable they are. (Like, mascara-running-down-my-face crying.) 

Then, hubby and I were watching the first episode of "Our Planet" on Netflix last night, and the first couple segments were about BABY ANIMALS DYING, and I started crying again. DH (who is a wildlife biologist) kept trying to reassure me that they'd be food for other animals' babies, but I got mad and insisted I couldn't handle watching baby animals die while I'm pregnant.  :'(
  • Options
    rjgmcmanusrjgmcmanus member
    edited August 2019
    Lord, twice in a day...so, if you've seen some of my other posts on other threads, you probably know I've had chronic back pain since a car accident in 2016. I've been going to physical therapy since early in the year to help with that (long story short: my old primary care doc didn't think my back pain was bad enough to warrant physical therapy. After 2.5 years of her telling me that, and still having pain, I dumped her, got a new doc who got me a PT referral right away.). Anyway, I've been going since March, and I'm not going to lie, I've felt like I've plateaued with them. I've voiced how I'm feeling, but they haven't changed up the exercises, and one of the therapists there even had the audacity to say, "Well, you're pregnant." So being pregnant means I don't get to feel better? No. Not okay. I'm not fine with a PT telling me that and using that as an excuse for them to not try to help me.

Anyway. My husband is active duty, and he's suffered chronic hip pain (yes, we're both a mess) for about two years. He started going to a PT on base, who has worked absolute WONDERS for him. He and I were talking, and decided I should go see her. So I called my PCP and asked for the referral transfer, and they said they'd do it...

...only for them to call me back and tell me that the base PT told them they no longer see dependents and spouses, just active duty.

So now I'm without a PT and trying to figure this whole thing out. And that's why I'm crying right now. I feel like I've been wasting time and money on the one PT, and now I have to figure out a whole new PT when I thought I already had it figured out. And I'm still in pain.
  • Options
    Because DS1 turns one today....where did my baby go????
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    Because a coffee cup fell out of the cabinet and shattered on the floor. My poor FIL had to deal with that mayhem. Lol 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    I teared up a bit because my large pregnant ass accidentally almost sat on my tiny chihuahua.  She's fine; I didnt actually put all of my weight on her, but I felt bad for her and then also a little sad about being so large.
  • Options
    During this weeks episode of handmaidens tail. I don’t ever cry during tv shows but this episode was so good and emotional. 
  • Options
    When my husband said something about what how much fun it would be to do something with “the girls” for our upcoming two daughters- it was so sweet 🥰
  • Options
    danablack7danablack7 member
    edited August 2019
    @ale9687 I cried during the episode too. I feel like overall I've been pretty non-emotional this pregnancy, but that one got to me.
  • Options
    I cried listening to some good music as our plane took off....?????????
  • Options
    @danablack7  @ale9687 ummmmm I cry almost every episode...esp season 2. When Luke was looking for Hannah tho....damn that got me!  :D
  • Options
    I cried and couldn’t even tell DH about looking at pictures of DD when she was younger.  It almost breaks my heart to think I’ll have to give my love to another baby- she’s the only one I’ve ever known!  
  • Options
    @cpk3535 I feel the same way and I have cried on several occasions especially when DS just wants me to hold him or to snuggle. 
  • Options
    Folks! I finally teared up three times in two days! Yesterday from watching the new season of Glow. This morning watching DH open his birthday card.
  • Options
    I cried while watching Lady Antebellum’s Hello World video, and then again for the World News Tonight America strong story of a kidney transplant. 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    @Peachie89 ....Crying over food. Man, that hits me in the feels. I identify!!!
  • Options
    My best friend from college had her baby today. She sent photos of him and I absolutely cried. This is not normal. Babies do not make me cry. 
  • Options
    Because I just heard the Michael Buble song "Forever Now" for the very first time. 

If you want to cry, go here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VRvYu5oOXF0&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    We need to sign a disclosure that we are not allowed to link tear inducing media here. @rjgmcmanus Thanks 😭 one of the lyrics made me think this song was for his son who was diagnosed with liver cancer really young. That made me cry even more.
  • Options
    Crying because I'm trying to get dressed to head into my classroom and I'm convinced my hair looks like lego hair. Like, a helmet of hair that's just been put on my head.  :o

Wtf?
  • Options
    @ninrms
    Image result for lego girl

she's fierce tho!