TTC #3: January 2024
Mirena out 1/23/24

Re: July Symptoms

• Options
    Hot. Really really hot. 
  • Options
    gumby22cgumby22c member
    edited July 2019
    Ditto @purplefan1. Though it seems to be more the combo of heat and humidity than just heat for me. It wears me out faster these days.

Besides that I feel great for now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hate humidity. The air feels so thick. I was sweating so bad at work today even though I was in an air conditioned office. And i HATE being hot. Bring on the cold weathee, I can deal. Hot and I dont get along. And once I get hot it takes me forever to cool off.
  • Options
    I usually don't mind the heat while not pregnant but it is not pleasant this year. I took off my wedding ring already since it was getting tight and I was worried about it not coming off if I waited too long. When I was pregnant with DS I waited too long and it was really difficult to get off.
  • Options
    +1 to the heat intolerance 

@creamcheeseplease yeah I’ve only been wearing mine occasionally and have just been wearing my silicone ring most of the time because this heating is puffing my fingers like woah.

• Options
    I wore my rings my entire last pregnancy no problem but lately have been having the same issue. Heat and humidity and causing some yucky swelling. And if I cant get my rings off easily I start feeling panicky. Trying to drink tons of water to stay hydrated.
  • Options
    Our weather in Washington has been great, between 65-70, y’all can come and visit. Lol. My newest “symptom” goes as such... I just ate at 9:30am (2 eggs, 2 pieces of toast, and 3 slices of bacon) and I’m already starving!!! What the heck?
  • Options
    natehknatehk member
    yes!  its been hot and sticky here in NJ but I'm mostly indoors, so I've been OK.  Until this AM, felt hot, light-headed after my shower, and just gross in a way I haven't felt since 1st tri!   
  • Options
    My SPD feels like someone has repeatedly kicked me in the vagina. 
  • Options
    I have been having bad sacroiliac joint pain this week. I hope this isn’t something that is just going to get worse as time goes on. 
  • Options
    I've had some backaches this week. Mostly in the morning when I'm waking up like I slept wrong, but I felt it walking around running errands yesterday too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have also been having lower back/buttocks pain. Not sure if it's sciatica or something else, but it's no fun. Also, baby boy is intent on kicking my cervix, which doesn't hurt, but feels really weird. 
  • Options
    Also, the crying is back in full force.
  • Options
    I’m wondering If my pain is due to just being on my feet all day unpacking all these boxes. My in-laws have been painting all the bedrooms for me and I’m so unbelievably grateful for that. That was a huge chore that needed to be done and with all this pain I’m not sure I could handle much bending and stepping up in the step stool. 
  • Options
    blg116blg116 member
    Ugh I'll join in the not liking the heat. The only thing I can say is Nor Cal has been surprisingly mild this year. Havent hit a ton of 100+ days yet, and its cooling down to 60s at night. Normally we're looking at 105+ and nights cooling to 80 at this point lol

@pintobean77 I love Washington! I may try to convince MH to move there one day 😂
  • Options
    The cervix kicking is definitely a weird feeling. It was just happening to me a few hours ago and I was woah.
  • Options
    I've been achy all over but the joints in my hands are the worst and for some reason no matter how I sleep my hands and arms fall asleep and get pins and needles. 
  • Options
    Mine have been falling asleep too!! What is up with that? I wonder if when i am laying on my side Im putting pressure on a nerve?
  • Options
    mc0303mc0303 member
    Dude!! My stomach! I’ve been getting awful gas/ abdominal cramps that are crazy painful. I’m pretty sure it’s just stomach stuff because it goes away after I use the bathroom...but holy moly. 😖
  • Options
    @mc0303 I was just walking up the stairs and stopped because I got an intense cramp across my lower abdomen. Then I realized, oh I must need to poop. So I’m there with you. 
  • Options
    @pintobean77 - I'll second the always hungry bit.  I could literally eat all day.  Minus the fact that I get heartburn for essentially everything so it is less appealing to eat greasy food but I still want it :)

Another +1 for the heat.  It is gross.  My husband keeps leaving the porch door open and using the screen and I am like NOPE.  That makes it way too muggy in the house.

• Options
    @angieeeeee Washington is awesome. Our summer has been super mild so far. The weather has been in the mid-60s to mid-70s and should continue in that vein over the next couple of weeks at least. My pregnant self is loving it! I’m hoping the milder weather helps with the forest fires around us. The last few summers, the smoke has been awful!
  • Options
    blg116blg116 member
    @pintobean77 oh I feel ya on the forest fire smoke. I live  in Nor Cal,  smack in the middle of where the Carr and Camp fires were last year. The smoke was never ending. I'm just so thankful it didnt make it to us- at one point the Carr fire was only maybe 20 miles from my house as the crow flies. I'm terrified of fire so that was entirely too close for comfort. What part of Washington are you in? 
  • Options
    @angieeeeee Those fires were scary! Glad you guys were safe. We live in a small town about 40 minutes west of Olympia. Thankfully we haven’t had any fires close to us but I’ve lived in WA my whole life and have never experienced the smoke like we have the last few years. It’s crazy!
  • Options
    blg116blg116 member
    @pintobean77 I lived in Everett when I was younger, and then visited my mom there every summer until I was 18. I love the area and always wanted to move back, but one of my cousins said Everetts gotten pretty bad in the last few years. 
  • Options
    I don't know if this is a symptom...

Lately I have been...reactive? Not exactly irritable or moody but feeling things very deeply.  Especially emotional hurt or defensiveness.  I am usually a very unflappable, even keeled person so it is really throwing me for a loop.  When conflicts arise my heart starts going and I feel like I am going to cry.  It is bodily and overwhelming.   

I am not particularly stressed right now, so it doesn't feel like that kind of spill over.  It feels so stereotypical, but could it be the hormones? If it were straight up irritability I would think maybe the disrupted sleep, but it feels different than that.  Anyone else feeling like a tiny ship tossed on a giant sea of emotion?
  • Options
    @drama_llama 🙋🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    @drama_llama amen to all of that. I am a sensitive person normally, but lately it's been unreal. I just "feel" so much more.
  • Options
    @drama_llama I have been feeling that way the entire time. So emotional all the time! 
  • Options
    @drama_llama - I am feeling that too.  Although less sensitive and more people make me mad WAYYYY to easily and then I stew in it.  Usually I can channel my inner Elsa and let it go but lately I just carry it and all the anger has really been playing with my dreams.
  • Options
    Yeah, I have a LOT of feelings, and they're all gonna come out.. usually in the form of tears. 

• Options
    I'm definitely in a more constantly annoyed state of high emotion. I can't say I've cried more than normal but I've been much more irritable and impatient. 

I mentioned this symptom early early on but I still have it: if I laugh hard enough it will turn into sort of an ugly cry/laugh for no apparent reason. No control over it lol it just happened again the other day 😂
  • Options
    Anyone having BH? Mine started at 16/17 weeks but they have been really noticeable this week. 
  • Options
    yes, a lot of BH @emeraldcity1214. I got a lot last night in particular. 
  • Options
    What is BH? 
  • Options
    @kopp5988 Braxton Hicks. They are actual contractions that aren’t actively changing the state of your cervix. They are painless and when they happen, you feel your entire uterus tighten into a ball. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 ah thank you! I’ve heard of them just couldn’t get there with the acronym.
  • Options
    @kopp5988 - The amount of acronyms thrown around always baffle me.  I can't tell you the amount of time I spent googling all of them especially during the first trimester.  The UO and FFFC still get me sometimes when I see them on the boards.  I am like....hmmm....don't click you have no idea what that is.

My cousins (who are about 10-15 years younger) will do non-pregnancy related ones and they make me feel old!
  • Options
    @Dancer688 hahaha yeah there’s a lot. I’ve got all the bump board ones down from being on the TTC board, but pregnancy symptom ones I’m lost sometimes!  

Embarrassingly for the longest time when SMH started being a thing I just though people were typing out a sound effect similar to ”pshhhh”, which in my defense made sense because that is a sound you’d make while shaking your head lol.
  • Options
    mc0303mc0303 member
    @emeraldcity1214 @creamcheeseplease
    I've been getting a lot of BH since about 15 weeks. I didn't realize what it was until I got on during my anatomy scan and the tech was like that's a BH contraction! Now I can actually recognize them. For me, it happens when I lie on my back even for a few seconds or when baby is being extra wiggly. 

@kopp5988 I def had to google SMH when people started texting me that...I was like what?? Onee I've seen that I've had to google recently is IYKYK (if you know, you know)