Pregnant with IVF - Travel — The Bump
2nd Trimester

Pregnant with IVF - Travel

Hello, we conceived via IVF, and are in our 2nd trimester.  For those that have been able to do so, did you travel during the 2nd trimester?  We have a 5 day trip planned to Bahamas, and wanted to see if others OB said it was fine to travel, we would have completed our 26th week upon our return.  We would take all the normal precautions during flight and on land (rest, water, food etc).  Our OB is a little extreme to where he believes pregnant women should not travel at all as far as he is concerned.  Appreciate the responses.  Thanks.

Re: Pregnant with IVF - Travel

• kiki75kiki75
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary First Answer
    We did not conceive via IVF but my OB was team travel is okay until I think 34 weeks with a healthy pregnancy. I was traveling until 29 weeks or so. I was definitely slowing down by then, though.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
    suzycupcake
  • I traveled at 20 weeks and 28 weeks with my last pregnancy.  No IVF (this time) but shouldn't matter. As long as your OB says you're healthy enough and baby looks good, enjoy. 
    Mine did recommend compression socks for the flight to prevent swelling and LOTS of water. 
  • Loading the player...
  • k_mama91k_mama91
    500 Love Its 500 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    I’m second trimester ivf pregnancy as well and travel is find until 36 weeks. I was told to drink plenty of water and get up every hour to stretch my legs to keep swelling down. 
  • Travel does not depend on the method you used to conceive. Several airlines have restrictions for pregnant women and flying, but I think your week completion upon return is well before those. You might want to check the policies of yours ahead of time. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• atoz1212atoz1212
    First Comment Photogenic
    Thanks everyone appreciate the responses.