January 2020 Moms
Options

NIPT Results and Discussions

13»

Re: NIPT Results and Discussions

• Options
    @noranorabobora @stashattack @blackcat01 happy to read about all your good results!!
  • Options
    @noranorabobora whilst i would respect his wishes about him not wanting to know, i would say he doesnt get to make that decision for you & if you want to find out, go ahead but be honest with him that you are finding out. 
    I'm not the type of person who could be team green & if dh was i would let him be if he wanted but id still find out myself! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @noranorabobora That's a tough spot to be in! It's your baby too and if you want to find out, you should be able to. That said, if he doesn't want to find out, he shouldn't have to either. Can you talk to him about why he doesn't want to know and about why you do want to know? Maybe you can find a compromise.
  • Options
    @noranorabobora I would get on the same page one way or another. For us, I wanted to be Team Green and H talked me out of it, but in retrospect I'm comfortable with everything. I think it's fine to pull rank as the pregnant one if you want to but I don't think hiding it is realistic. Hooray for low risk!
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush OMG that's such amazing news! You were so worried and I'm so happy everything seems a ok!
  • Options
    **lurking from March BMB**

@saral1717 I’m sorry you’re going through this - it’s scary and I get it as I went through the same thing... but you’ve posted this 3 times, apparently shopping for an answer you’d be happy with. Speak with a genetic counselor and make a risk based decision with your care team. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    Hi chichiphin it was suggested by another poster to post the question here in the NIPT thread, so I did. After speaking to the genetics counselor on Monday she basically gave me the same advise as my OB so I am still left deciding on what to do. I almost feel like it put me in an even more confused position and left with more answers and worry. It’s so difficult...
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush how long was the healing process after your amnio? Just a little confused with your post that you went straight for the amnio but later you say the NIPT outweigh the risks so your waiting to see at the anatomy scan what to do. 
  • Options
    FyreFlyeRushFyreFlyeRush member
    edited July 2019
    @saral1717, I had an amnio in my 2nd pregnancy in 2011. NIPT was JUST coming onto the market as I entered the third trimester, so it wasn't an option. I was placed on Couch Potato Duty for the remainder of that day and allowed to go back the next day, provided I didn't do strenuous activity or heavy lifting for 2 additional days (I was a computer hardware tech at the time). The pain was gone before I left the clinic. This is my 4th pregnancy. I'm 42 this time, with a loss, making me a little more cautious. I would and will have one if my OB thinks it's necessary. But, at this time she doesn't, so I'm content with the NIPT results. 

EDIT - Additional word like thingies....I didn't have any complications. No fluid leaking. No cramping (after the procedure). No change in movement, happily bouncing on my bladder the whole time. No pain at the needle site. It was a breeze. Just a little nerve wracking, wondering if you WILL have complications. Then, I was fine for 14 days....but started getting antsy when I still didn't have results after 19 days. I finally got them at 22. 
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush thanks for clarifying. Sorry for your previous loss and best of luck with your fourth pregnancy.