February 2020 Moms
Options

June Appointments

Re: June Appointments

• Options
    @brookert615 fingers crossed for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @brookert615 Awwww!!! That is amazing! I am so happy for you!!
  • Options
    @brookert615 EEEEEEE So glad to hear it! You're stuck with us!

• Options
    @craftywitch That was the longest wait ever LOL. So excited to make it official hhaha! Thank you!!!

@briannah1010 Thanks, girl :)
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @brookert615 I'm happy your numbers look so good!! :) 
  • Options
    @NYTino24 Thanks, girl! And so happy they moved it up for you! How are you feeling?
    TW
  • Options
    @kiwi2628 Dang those are some legit betas! Happy to hear!
    TW
  • Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited June 2019
    @brookert615 still anxious, but managing it better since getting results and starting the progesterone. Some nausea (mainly carsickness while driving) and some bloating plus the carpal tunnel. The lack of super tiredness worries me, but part of me wonders if my progesterone has been low for a long time and my symptoms were stronger in the other 2 pregnancies because of it? My headaches were insanely wicked the first time. Don’t miss that! I feel like things were pretty calm my first trimester last time. Part of me wants to forget a lot of the past stuff! Anyway, my would-be RE appointment was for today and I cancelled it.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @brookert615 YES!!! Fantastic number!!! So so happy for you!
  • Options
    @NYTino24 Glad that the progesterone is doing it’s thing! Hope you’re able to relax a bit until your appointment. Still sending all the positive vibes your way! ❤️

@daffodil_shoe Thank you so much for all of your help! I had the numbers you gave me in a sticky! She tried to not give me the numbers this time and I’m like LISTEN LINDA, GIMME RESULTS lol! 
    TW
  • Options
    @boymomaf i'll be sending positive vibes your way! Mine's today too (after work)  Extremely nervous as well. Husband can't make it, so hoping I have good news for him.
  • Options
    @alseltzer sending good vibes your way! When are you due? I can only be about 5 weeks along. Early pregnancy has always freaked me out and made me think the worse because of my Google habits. And now that I'm 32 I feel like risks go up. Uhhhh I'm so nervous!
  • Options
    I got my last beta back and it was 1328 for 18 dpo.  DPO is an estimate, but my doubling time is 36.97. I am so done with testing and worrying and it’s time for me to just be happy.  I have freaked myself out over the last few days because my doubling time is four to six hours slower than my boy pregnancies and 10 hours slower than my last girl pregnancy.  However, 36.97 hours is still amazing and after doing really crazy math I have determined that my doubling time is pretty consistent and that’s really what’s important.  Every pregnancy is different and I just need to calm the F down and enjoy the ride.  
  • Options
    Just got a call from my OB that my progesterone is low. I get to be on vaginal suppositories again.

• Options
    @kiwi2628 Ugh, so sorry! ❤️
    TW
  • Options
    Yuck, sorry @kiwi2628 !
  • Options
    @alseltzer mine went horrible. She wouldn't listen to me that I literally just missed my period on the 10th. She kept jumping to oh go to the emergency room your having an ectopic. Then I was like no, you can't see anything because my betas were only 443 on Wednesday! Then after I said that, she was like, oh I see nothing in your uterus. It nothing in your Fallopian tube either, let's get more blood work done. So I just got my blood work back from this morning and they were 884. Literally doubling every 48 hours. And then the nurse was like, yeah that's awesome, which explains why the doc couldn't see anything, you're just super early....like, yeah, duh. I told her that! So I go back in for another blood draw on Monday! 

I'm so happy yours went amazing!!!!! 
  • Options
    @kiwi2628 The hellish background seemed appropriate...

• Options
    @boymomaf well hopefully you're on the same page for next time! Oof. Glad to know your numbers are doubling well though!! 
  • Options
    @boymomaf I thought it was odd you were getting a sono so quickly, but what do I know!  That kind of makes me mad they jumped to ectopic so quickly.  What if you didn’t know better and you would have gone to the ER for methotrexate?  There is some serious miscommunication going on.  I am glad everything is ok.  Sorry you went through all that.  
  • Options
    @DDRRT1982 for real!!! Like, straight jumped to ectopic. They went off my LMP but didn't take into account that I have long cycles and O later than most. I was so upset! My husband was next to me and even he looked worried. Then she was like, oh! You got betas done??? So I told her and her entire tone switched. "Well I don't see the sac but I don't see anything in the tube either. And the reason I'm jabbing your vagina with a want like this is because if it were an ectopic you'd be in serious pain, but you aren't even flinching". I seriously wanted to smack her. Then the girl who called back was all happy with my numbers. I'm pretty sure it's the same girl who told me it was very unlikely the doc would see anything. And not to be a cranky B word, but the doc didn't even sem like she knew what she was talking about. 
  • Options
    So how is everyone getting these blood tests? I specifically and repeatedly asked for them (I just turned 35) and they wouldn’t give me one, said “use the patient portal to ask the doctor, only they can decide.” I get a response back saying “doctor is out. You’ll see the NP at your first visit.” Even though my request specified that I wanted blood tests *before* my first visit. 
  • Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited June 2019
    @um_thor I’ve only had one test done and it was because of a couple of reasons. 1. I had a biopsy done only a couple of days before my positive test. 2. I’ve had low progesterone for at least 6 months before I got my positive test. I know this because I’ve been tracking ovulation and I had short luteal phases. I had an RE appointment scheduled for 6/12 actually. They tested my thyroid (normal) and progesterone (very low) only, and now I think we are all wishing that they did some betas because now we have to worry about viability (there’s a very high risk of chemical pregnancy / miscarriage with a level this low) and it will be a surprise at my first ultrasound. I wish I just knew the damn numbers!!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @um_thor I also only had one test done and I never was told the results other than "normal". It was done by my RE to confirm pregnancy 9dp5dt (the equivalent of 14dpo). My obgyn only used a urine test and then said "come back at 8 weeks".
  • Options
    um_thor said:
    So how is everyone getting these blood tests? I specifically and repeatedly asked for them (I just turned 35) and they wouldn’t give me one, said “use the patient portal to ask the doctor, only they can decide.” I get a response back saying “doctor is out. You’ll see the NP at your first visit.” Even though my request specified that I wanted blood tests *before* my first visit. 
    I got betas with previous pregnancies because of hx of loss.  I now just go to an independent lab to get mine, because I hate requesting them from nurses that don't know my history.  In the past I have had nurses tell me no and then I have had to go directly to my OB and instead of going through all that I started using an outside lab a few pregnancies ago.  It gives me peace of mind when things go well. 
  • Options
    @um_thor when I called my midwife’s office, the nurse is the one who asked if I could come in that day for a blood test. I don’t know if it’s standard, or if it’s because I’ve had a miscarriage previously (5 years ago).
  • Options
    @NYTino24 ❤️❤️❤️
    TW
  • Options
    @um_thor they test me because of RPL and low progesterone, but they only tested me 3 times and were happy enough with the rising so they said I could stop.
  • Options
    @NYTino24 @noxacanthus @DDRRT1982 @daffodil_shoe @alseltzer Thank you all for sharing! I asked again... it would give me peace of mind. I guess if not then it’s just one of hopefully many weeks and months of needing to wait patiently.
  • Options
    @cari1414 That’s awesome news!

@rikiteacup Crossing everything for you today! ❤️
    TW
  • Options
    @cari1414 that’s great!

@rikiteacup good luck. Hope everything goes well and they can see something. 
  • Options
    @rikiteacup FX for you that they see something and baby is where it belongs! 
  • Options

I finally called and scheduled an OB appointment. What a pain in the ass. I wanted a midwife so I looked on “find a doctor” on my insurance website. There was only 1 midwife taking new patients. Call. Turns out she’s actually not taking new patients and she doesn’t even deliver at the hospital I’d be going too. Ugh. So then I look up OBs on that site and only 9 are listed as taking in new patients. I call and of course the doctor who’s name I just threw out from the website is not currently taking in new patients. I feel like such an idiot. Like obviously shit is outdated on the insurance website but I already get anxiety about having to make appointments via phone call so that just made it even worse. 

Anyways I have to go to some OB education class first before I can see an actual OB so I’m doing that on the 27th and my first OB appointment will be July 1.