September 2019 Moms

Weekly Check In, 6/3

Estimated due date/ weeks + days:

FTM: In an ideal world how many kids would you like to have?
-or-
STM/ STM+: Same question! 

Team pink/blue/green: Is there something sex-specific that you absolutely loathe?

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of:

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is the last thing that scared you?

Re: Weekly Check In, 6/3

• Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 9.18 / 24+5 

-or-
    I *think* our family making ends here, at two kiddos. I’ve told DH I’m not ready to do anything permanent and we’d reevaluate in a couple years. He’s pretty content with two, but has said in the past that three isn’t completely off the table...

Team pink/blue/green: Is there something sex-specific that you absolutely loathe? 
    Pink! I absolutely LOATHE the sports team shirts that are pink. Just because I am a girl doesn’t mean I need to have wear f*cking pink all the damn time!! GIVE ME THE REAL THING!!

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: Cantaloupe / Baby is practicing breathing and sucking her thumb!

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday. Remind me to tell work, okay?!

How are you feeling?: Great-ish! I’m noticing some sciatica (?) pain that sometimes makes walking uncomfortable. I have to stop and stretch really oddly. 

Rants/Raves: Had a great weekend -
    spent some time with our BFFs and their DD. Oh boy, it was so cute to see DS and their DD play together (they are 4mo apart). They were running around, being adorable! Also got to see my Madre. Always fun hanging out  with her - she brought munchkins and I ate waaaaay too many of them. LOL.

Questions: Nah!

GTKY: What is the last thing that scared you? My glass Pyrex just exploded in my hand today as I was taking it from the sink (washed it last night). It scared the bejesus out of me. Luckily DS was on the other side of the kitchen. Freaking glass shards everywhere!! I’m soooooo not happy!!!
  • Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 9/24 23+6

-or-
    STM/ STM+: 2 is enough for me! I feel incredibly blessed to be experiencing both a boy and a girl. I only ever wanted girls and if DS were a girl we probably would have been 1 and done. Im so glad he wasn’t. Little boys are so special.

Team pink/blue/green: Is there something sex-specific that you absolutely loathe? Team pink! I wouldn’t say there’s anything I loathe, but I am worried that we won’t end up having a very close relationship. My mom is one of my best friends, and I long for that with this baby girl so much. It would break my heart if that isn’t the case. 

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: baby is almost as big as a waffle iron... ok?

Upcoming Appointments: Glucose in a few weeks

How are you feeling?: Overall good. Heartburn seems to come and go, and I can feel my ice craving from DS coming back. I’m kind of dreading that so I’m trying to hold off on the crunchy goodness. 

Rants/Raves: There was a vintage crib in our garage when we bought our house, and we later found out it was our neighbors when he was little (his grandparents used to own the home). It is a drop sided crib, so I never gave it much thought. I recently found out you can easily convert drop sided cribs to stationary, so I think we are going to try to restore it! I’m excited to know the crib has history and also save some money on a new one. 

Questions: Anyone else having heart palpitations when exerting a lot of energy?

Last week when there was a bat in my room right before I fell asleep!
  • Loading the player...
  • @lillywonderland Ahhh an exploding dish would have scared me too! Hopefully you got all of the glass up and don't find little shards for weeks... been there.

@duewithpu2 Very cool about the crib. Share pics if it works!

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 9/9, 26+1

FTM: In an ideal world how many kids would you like to have? I always say "ask me after the first", and I mean it. At this point I'd totally be okay with this one being an only child, or I can see us having up to 4. If we do decide to have more, DH and I would both like them to be close in age.

Team blue! Baby/kid clothes with dumb sayings make me crazy. So many boy clothes say things like "Future Baller" with a basketball on them... DUMB.

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: Baby is as long as a chopstick

Upcoming Appointments: Glucose screen next week

How are you feeling?: Still good, no real complaints. I've finally started to feel somewhat consistent kicks.

Rants/Raves: My company's summer hours started! It's great because we can work an extra hour(ish) Monday-Thursday, then take Friday afternoons off. I'm adding on my extra time in the mornings, so the only drag is having to wake up earlier.

Questions: Nope

GTKY: What is the last thing that scared you? Nothing is coming to mind right now... probably seeing a spider, or riding in the car with my husband driving. I grab the oh-sh*t handle a lot.
  • Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 9/7, 26w2d (cant believe I'm this far along already! First tri moved so slow and now the weeks seem to fly by)

I would like 3, with the possibility of 4. DH says 2 lol. We will see how things feel after baby #1 :)

Team pink/blue/green: Is there something sex-specific that you absolutely loathe? Team pink and I am in agreeance with not loving all the pink for girls as I am just not a pink person. Some is ok but am really hoping we dont end up with a closet full of pink! I still like more girly things like bows and such just prefer them not to be in pink.

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: baby's fist is the size of a piece of popcorn

Upcoming Appointments: couple weeks for my glucose test

How are you feeling?: Went to Grand Ole Days a festival here yesterday and standing and walking around for a few hours was a bit killer but otherwise overall feeling good!

Rants/Raves: work has been really busy last couple weeks. I took on my first student teacher and things have started out a little rocky. She seems to think she can pick and choose her schedule based on what works for her instead of being with me full time. I think we have it worked out now as she now has to track her hours because before she would have to leave for appointments and still think she could count it as a full day or have a day she couldn't come in and still want to count it as a full week so was frustrating! But I am now on a two week break so I'm loving it and hoping to get caught up on baby things! (I teach year round on a stretch calendar so work about half the summer and have about half the summer off)

Questions: nope

GTKY: What is the last thing that scared you? Couple nights ago we had a thunderstorm roll through in the middle of the night and the dogs acted like they had never heard a storm before and jumped up barking their heads off which scared me straight out of a nice sleep (they are usually fine with storms)
  • cmdesignercmdesigner member
    edited June 2019
    @lillywonderland omg that is terrifying. I had one explode in the oven before. Not fun. Or easy to clean. 

@duewithpu2 I occasionally get them just hanging about but the cardiologist that I see for my orthostatic hypotension said it's very common because of the change in blood volume.

9.22 / 24w1d

One and done, baby! I am an only child and MH only wants one, so that is what we are doing. People get so butthurt about this when we tell them. 

Team pink and I really honestly cannot stand anything that says "daddy's little princess" on it. It drives me nuts.

A cantaloupe? Oof.

Upcoming Appointments:
    All quiet on the homefront. Cardiologist next week to check on my orthostatic hypotension, and then MFS and Midwife on the 17/19th.

How are you feeling?:
    Okay. I was sore for days after my trip down the stairs on Friday but I am slowly feeling more normal. She just keeps kicking me in the cervix and it's driving me bananas.

Rants/Raves: 
    Our floors and lighting in the nursery are done, and I re-upholstered my rocking chair. Our crib is coming tomorrow! So many things!

Questions: 
    Nah.

We were on the couch the other night and an insane bolt of lighting hit in the road in front of our house. I'm usually chill with this stuff, but fight or flight is strong in pregnancy because I lifted off the couch faster than any other time ever and was like across the living room. MH was laughing hysterically at me. Jerk.
  • @lillywonderland ugh yes the pink sports jerseys are gross!

@cammie0526 I loathed anything sports related for the most part with DS. Old Navy has the best little boys clothes for avoiding dumb sayings!

@cmdesigner I can’t wait to see your nursery come together! Your experience with heart palpitations puts me at ease thank you!

• @cmdesigner omg what is WITH people and not accepting that we only want one kid? Like, this one isn't even fully cooked yet and you're already telling me I need a sibling for her. NOOOO!!
    @diner04 I was wondering how you have a student teacher this late in the year and then I read your explanation of being on a stretch schedule. I honestly think that format is better for the kids, but I'd hate to give up my 2.5 month break!
    @cammie0526 I'm pretty sure we're going the only child route, but I think it'd be nice to have kids close in age if we do end up with another. I do wonder how it would be to be pregnant/have a newborn as well as a toddler or younger baby. I don't know how some of our STM(+)s do it!
    @duewithpu2 I've been feeling heart palpitations now and then. Called my OB about it and she said not to worry and gave an explanation similar to cmdesigner's.
    @lillywonderland now you can push for YS and their DD to grow up and get marriedddddddd!!! JK, unless that's what you're going for ;) . Sucks about your Pyrex! Totally not something you would expect to happen. Glad YS didn't get cut and hope you made it out unscathed.

• Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 9-30/23 weeks

-or-
    STM/ STM+: Same question!  If you asked me before January I would have said 2, now I feel obliged to say 3 lol  I actually do like the idea of three siblings though, it's just those first few years that are striking terror into my heart lol

Team pink/blue/green: Is there something sex-specific that you absolutely loathe?  Just the usual stereotypes :-)  I think most of you hit on them already

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of:  I have no idea lol

Upcoming Appointments:  Just my regular monthly visit in 4 weeks (just had an appointment on Friday) and then the glucose test at 28 weeks

How are you feeling?:  Pretty good.  Just the usual tired and achy.  I have had some heart palpitations in this pregnancy that I've never experienced before, kinda freaked me out at first but they were mild and didn't last long and after I Dr. Googled it didn't seem to be much to worry about.  But one day about 2 weeks ago they were really strong and lasted a long time, enough for me to call the office and ask how much I should be freaking out (because, you know, that surely will help with heart palpitations).  They booked an appointment for the following week since I didn't have any other symptoms to really be of worry and of course from that day until my appointment I didn't have a single heart palpitation.  Not even a small one :-p  So.....all is good I guess?

Rants/Raves: Stop touching me!!!!!  I swear, I'm getting the mom of the year award during this pregnancy.  Besides the usual dog pile my two kids do on me whenever I finally get a chance to sit down my son is also being really cute and affectionate by wanting to hug and kiss the baby all the time.....and all I can think under my breath is "just leave me alone!!!"  :-D

Questions: 

GTKY: What is the last thing that scared you?  I was making pancakes with my son a couple of weeks ago like we often do and I turned my back for a min.  His toy he had rolled under the griddle and as I turn around I see him reaching under the scorching hot griddle trying to retrieve it.  Now he was being very careful not to touch the griddle because I tell him every time not to touch it, but good lord, don't even go under it like that kid!
  • @duewithpu2 I haven't had them in over a week but for a month or more before I was having them semi regularly.  Nothing major but I only would feel them when I finally was quiet and still in the evening after the kids were in bed.  Don't think they were from over exertion though but can't say for sure.  I also take thyroid meds so that could be a factor for me.

@cmdesigner If you want/have only one everyone comments about how you should have another (I'm an only child too and get annoyed, like my life was empty because of it???).  If you want/have three or more people think you are nuts.  It's two kids or you are forever dealing with comments :-p

• Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 10/1 23 weeks

FTM: In an ideal world how many kids would you like to have? If i won the lottery and could stay home, 3.
    -or-

Team pink/blue/green: Is there something sex-specific that you absolutely loathe? Blue. Not really....but probably bc I'm having a boy and love blue. If I were having a girl I think the pink stuff would annoy me. I wpuld do gray and aqua for a girl.

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: grapefruit

Upcoming Appointments: not for 3 more wks but after that they said I'll go every 2 wks. Is that normal?? 28 wks seems early to start 2 wk appts...

How are you feeling?: um...amazing. slightly tired but good. Guess Florida did me well :)

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: vacation was amazinggggg. So much fun, so relaxing, so much icecream, so many naps. Coming back to reality today stinks though.

Picked out colors and such for the nursery. Doing light gray with 1 accent wall-navy and white stripes. The room is 90% cleaned out. And finally picked out a crib. 

So yesterday I tripped and when I put my hand out to catch myself, I hit a nail in our door frame. It barely broke the skin....more like a scrape on my hand. I had to squeeze to produce any blood at all. I cleaned it with peroxide, nerosporin, and put a bandaid on it. Should I get a tetanus shot? 
    Also I read about tetanus and pregnancy...i didn't realize they usually give you one at 27 to 36 weeks to help prevent whooping cough. How many shots should I expect to get (bloodwork excluded)?

GTKY: What is the last thing that scared you? The tetanus research this morning....
  • @lillywonderland oh no on the exploding pyrex! The last time I broke glass in the kitchen a cup fell out of the cupboard and exploded while I was making dinner - even though I was almost completely sure none of it got in the food I couldn't risk it and threw everything out. It was such a pain to clean up knowing how thorough I had to be if I didn't want DS finding glass shards.
    @cammie0526 DH hates clothes with writing on it generally so I often just skim past those items when shopping, but I just can't get over how dumb so much of it is when I do stop to read it.
    @cmdesigner I can't believe how many opinions people feel they can have (and share!) about other people's family planning choices. I'm not at all chill with lightning (we had some close hits when I was a kid around our house including our breaker box!), that sounds scary to me!
    @nightdreamr13 I do think that's normal for appointments - my provider does every two weeks in the third trimester and then I think it jumped to every week at 36 or 37 weeks. Glad you enjoyed Florida! Do you know when you last had a tetanus shot (since I think if within the past ten years you're OK if it's not a puncture wound)? They will give you a TDAP shot (regardless of when you had your last one), but I don't remember any others.
    Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 9/6, 26w3d
    (STM) In an ideal world how many kids would you like to have? 2 or maybe 3, we'll evaluate probably six months or so after baby girl gets here. I always wanted two if we could, and am maybe open to more but am very let's see what we think when we have two. I think DH would kind of like three (he's one of three), but there's the expense to consider and also a bit depends on how labor etc goes for me this time and he's also like we'll wait and see how we feel.
    Team pink/blue/green: Is there something sex-specific that you absolutely loathe? Team pink! I just dislike how gendered most things are (clothes, toys) - I do ignore some of it, like I bought DS the "girl" megablocks because I thought the colors were more cheerful etc and I plan on this baby wearing a lot of DS's clothes too, but it's hard to find boy clothes especially that I like. Old Navy does do a pretty good job.
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: acorn squash?
    Upcoming Appointments: end of the month, need to do glucose test sometime in the next two weeks though
    How are you feeling?: Uncomfortable.
    Rants/Raves: Wish I could get more sleep!
    Questions: Not really.
    GTKY: What is the last thing that scared you? A woman snuck up behind me (OK she walked up, but I didn't see/hear her) while I was putting DS in his carseat - it turned out to be not sinister, but it scared me because I try to be pretty alert when I'm out and I totally didn't notice her until she was right behind me.
  • @LilyASF42 EVERY time I make an appointment because something's not working (my body, my car, my laptop, you name it), the issue resolves itself by the time I go see someone. I hope your heart palpitations don't come back!
    @nightdreamr13 here's some info from the CDC on vaccines before, during, and after pregnancy.

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 9/21 24w2d

FTM: In an ideal world how many kids would you like to have? Most likely just one. We'll see how it goes. If I ever did have two, I don't think I'd want the second until the first was at least 4. That kind of puts me in the one and done category because I don't want to be trying for another kid at 35.

Team pink/blue/green: Is there something sex-specific that you absolutely loathe? Besides the pink everything for girls, I just don't get why all baby girl clothes have to be so girly. I mean, I guess I do get it because then it's easier for strangers to know the sex of your baby, but why does it matter?

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: I don't know, something improbable I'm sure.

Upcoming Appointments: next week for 24 week and glucose

How are you feeling?: pregnant. and I have a cold.

Rants/Raves: 1.5 more days with kids, 3 more days with all of these people I can't stand that I'll miss so much when I'm gone ;) .

Questions: nope.

GTKY: What is the last thing that scared you? DH came into the kitchen behind me last night, but I thought he was outside. I screamed/jumped and our dog bit him on the ass. :joy:

• @lillywonderland Same. I think we'll get good with two but I don't want to take 3 off the table. Where is your sciatica pain? I think I'm having it too... Ummm and how did your Pyrex explode? Do I smell a lawsuit? Lilly just got rich you guys!!  :D

@duewithpu2 ooooo I can't wait to see the crib. Do you have to refinish it at all, or is it good to go? And uhhh yeah, a bat in my living room while napping would freak me the f out too. 

@cammie0526 lol @ riding with hubby. Me too girlfriend, me too. 

@cmdesigner I'm part of team butthurt but I only feel that way because I was an only child for 11 years and then I got 3 siblings (step, half and full) and the sibling life is just so much fuller than the only child life (in my experience). I mostly want to have more than one kid so my kid has someone when DH and I are no longer around. But if I guess if there are cousins in the family, a lot of the times they're just like siblings. Also, I can't wait to see your nursery put together!!!

@nightdreamr13 Oh no!! Sorry about the scary fall. And that tetanus shot is no joke! Those things hurts! 

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 24 weeks tomorrow

FTM: In an ideal world how many kids would you like to have? 2, maaayyybbeee 3
    -or-

Team pink/blue/green: Is there something sex-specific that you absolutely loathe? Nothing sex specific but I can't stand those onsies that have gender related titles like "Daddy's little truck driver" with a picture of a big truck. Or "Mommy's little butterfly"

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: a 12" sub!!!

Upcoming Appointments: Not until the end of June. Will have to do glucose testing soon.

How are you feeling?: Great! Aside from some back aches here and there that seem to go away after a night's rest. I'm trying to get in all of the exercise I can for fear that I won't be able too much longer.

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is the last thing that scared you? Two vultures sitting on my roof staring down my dogs all day yesterday. They were there morning, noon and night. Uhh, go away, I'm pretty sure you can't take my two 60 lb pit bulls (or can they? lol)
  • Hi ladies! Sorry I was MIA last week, sick toddler & childcare issues + work = 0 free moments!! Hope all are doing well! 

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 9/15 25 weeks 1 day

-or-
    STM/ STM+: Same question! This is #2 for us. We have 1 girl, if this is a boy, my DH will want to be done, but I've always wanted 3 and he always agreed to that... now I think he's second guessing, but we'll see how things go with 2. If it weren't for the expense, I'd have 4!! 

Team pink/blue/green: Is there something sex-specific that you absolutely loathe? We are team green but in general I hate the sexist/tacky sayings they put on baby and kids clothes. I don't buy anything with writing on it for my daughter, nor will I for this baby "Future heartbreaker" "Daddy says I'm never allowed to date" "Princess" "Ladies I have arrived" stupid crap like that... can't stand it. 

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: A baseball glove! That seems big. Supposedly baby is over 14 inches and 2 pounds this week according to OVIA,

Upcoming Appointments: I had one today at 25 weeks (my 24 week appt just a week late). I've gained 30 pounds already... I gained 60 with my daughter but this seems early for this much weight already? Yikes. Next appointment is my glucose test at 28 weeks.  they gave me the drink to bring home & refrigerate already so that was nice. I also booked my "growth scan" for 32 weeks (yay for being AMA and therefore getting another scan?)

How are you feeling?: I feel good, I just overdid it this weekend. I had a bridal shower followed by a bachelorette party on Saturday so that was a marathon day of being out/on my feet/dancing etc. Then Sunday DH and I decided it was necessary to clean out our oversized 2 car garage that has been completely full of crap since we moved in 18 months ago. It was great to purge some stuff and to find all our baby stuff that needs to come back in the house but man I definitely overdid it, I basically couldn't walk by last night. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: Yes I know I look pregnant, its because I am in fact pregnant. People can stop telling me that now. 

Questions: None I can think of! 

GTKY: What is the last thing that scared you? We've been having severe thunderstorms with tornado warnings in our area lately, (I live in NJ) this is not normal at all for us, its frightening when they specifically name your town and tell you to get in the basement. I know for some of you that live in the south this is common place, but I never recall having tornados here before and my mind immediately goes to the worst ! 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • @nightdreamr13 The Tdap shot won't do anything after the fact. It takes a couple of weeks and tetanus acts quicker. There is a tetanus antitoxin shot if your really concerned. I personally don't worry at all if it bleeds and I haven't been cleaning animal pens or something.
  • Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 24+2

-or-
    STM/ STM+: Same question!  We are done at 3.

Team pink/blue/green: Is there something sex-specific that you absolutely loathe? Pink, girl toys/ boy toys. I push really had to remind my kids that there is no such thing and they can play with whatever they want

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow, GTT

How are you feeling?: Besides lack of energy, not too bad.  Still can't quit the unisom/b6 combo though

Rants/Raves: Cancer sucks.  A very close friend brother passed from pancreatic cancer and he just found out at Easter.  Explaining to my son and watching his heart break and exclaim the unfairness broke me. 

Questions: 

• @lillywonderland yikes! That would terrify me! Did you cut yourself? 

@duewithpu2 A bat. In your room. How does that happen!? I would have lost my mind lol. 

@cammie0526 summer hours sound amazing! Sign me up for that!

@nightdreamr13 yep! Third tri means appts every 2 weeks and then around 36 weeks you get to do weekly. Can't believe we're almost to that point already!

@ternsetc I would have legit peed my pants if someone had done that to me while I was putting DS in the car! Coming up behind someone when you don't know them and they're occupied with their child is just not cool lol. 

-or-
    STM/ STM+: Same question! Both H and I have always been team 2 kids. We agreed we don't want to be outnumbered by children. We secretly wanted twins the first go-round and then high-fived when they confirmed there was only one in there this time haha

Team pink/blue/green: Is there something sex-specific that you absolutely loathe? Pink! And I can't stand all the gross sexualized sayings on stuff. Like "mommy just wanted a backrub", "future ladies man", "hide your daughters", etc. BARF. 

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: Cauliflower. I specifically found one at the store this weekend and it freaked me out a little because it seemed HUGE! lol

Upcoming Appointments: 6/18 for a routine appt and my glucose test. 

How are you feeling?: Pretty great lately! Still tired, getting some aches and pains and whatnot, but overall I really can't complain. 

Rants/Raves: My IL's bought the dresser for this LO! That'll save us a few hundred which is awesome. We weren't expecting it, so it was a really nice surprise. 

GTKY: What is the last thing that scared you? Some guy dressed up as Ronald McDonald at comic con this weekend. I am TERRIFIED of Ronald McDonald. Like, had to run away terrified. I honestly couldn't tell you why and it's only him. I am cool with other clowns. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 26w, 1d

-or-
    STM/ STM+: Same question! 2. I thought one but I'm so excited to have another. 3 could be fun but I'm 38 and I'm 99% sure we are done as I'd want to wait a few years again. 

Team pink/blue/green: Is there something sex-specific that you absolutely loathe? I don't like the push to make girls to girly or to boyish now. We are doing some dark pinks although I am not a fan of baby pink either. 

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: big ol bunch of Kale. 

Upcoming Appointments: 2 weeks for a regular one.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good right now. Energy level has come back again. 

Rants/Raves: We found a new park this week which is awesome but I'm annoyed that I never checked it out sooner. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is the last thing that scared you? Snake in the backyard. I wasn't expecting him but now we know his hangout.
  • @lillywonderland Broken glass is the worst.  I'll think i cleaned it all up but then find a random piece a couple days later.
    @cammie0526 I feel the same way.  I'll have to evaluate after this one is born.  It would be nice to have a boy and I girl but just let me see how one is first.
    @nightdreamr13 I start appointments every two weeks in the third trimester as well.  I had an appointment today and they made all my appointments through the end of August.  It's starting to feel very real now!

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 24+1

FTM: In an ideal world how many kids would you like to have? It would be nice to have a boy and a girl but really, we're just thankful and would be content if one is all we have.

Team pink/blue/green: Is there something sex-specific that you absolutely loathe? Nothing I loathe but I agree that most of the sayings on clothes are dumb.  

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: Atlantic puffin.

Upcoming Appointments: Had my glucose test and 24 week appointment today. I have an US with MFM in a couple of weeks.

How are you feeling?: Great.  Can't complain.

Rants/Raves: Rant- So I had my regular appointment with the OB today.  She went over the additional US I had back on 5/16 with MFM to check a structure in the brain they couldn't get a good picture of (which turned out fine but they did discover I have a velementous cord insertion and vasa previa--cord is 1.3 cm from the cervix and they like it at least 2.0 cm away).  Anyway, at the appointment with MFM I specifically asked if there were any restrictions and he said no.  My OB now wants to put me on pelvic rest.  It's a little frustrating.  Specialist says one thing and OB says another.
    Rave- we head to Maui on Thursday.  I'm super excited to get some quality time with my husband but also see rant.  Lol

Questions: 

GTKY: What is the last thing that scared you? I can't think of anything right now but I will say that I am easily spooked.  Like if I'm running and a car honks the horn, it jumps me every time.  I just hope they don't get the satisfaction of knowing it.
  • @sparkles5275 booo to conflicting info! I am kind of in that boat too. I also have a Velamentous Cord Insertion. My OB wants me to proceed with an RCS, but MFM looked at me like I had two heads when I mentioned it. Can't they just all get on the same page with recommendations!? Hopefully you won't actually need to go on pelvic rest and hopefully your cord moves away from the cervix a bit more! 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @zuuls_mom Thanks.  Maybe since the cord doesn't actually cross over the cervix, they were less concerned at my last scan?  He did say there's always a chance it could move further away.  I'll clarify the pelvic rest restriction with the MFM at my next scan on 6/20.  I'm more inclined to follow the specialist's recommendation but want to do what is safest.  From what I've read, I can try a vaginal delivery with just the velamentous cord insertion but vasa previa = automatic c-section.      
  • @cmdesigner Ugh, I feel you on the cervix kicks.  I did not experience that last time around and it is so awkward.  Like, hey, can you find something else to kick in there, please?  

@themadcamel I literally laughed out loud at your YH/dog story.  OMG!  That's amazing!

@MsBeachNJ @zuuls_mom I'm with you.  I hate the sexualization of babies/toddlers/young children.  "Ladies, I have arrived"; "Chick Magnet", etc.  Also hoochie mama clothes for little girls.  Not appropriate.  @MsBeachNJ Regarding the tornado warnings - those are scary!  And you should be worried!  I grew up in Tornado Alley and we didn't have basements, so we had to sit in our bathtub with a mattress over our heads.  I'm pretty sure we'd have been goners if one had actually hit our house.  I have had some interesting close calls with those forces of nature, that's for sure!  I am SO relieved to not live in an area plagued by tornadoes now!

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 9/27; 23w3d

-or-
    STM/ STM+: Same question!  2!  We agreed on two a long time ago.  But DH has wanted 3 for a long time.  I was always a strict no, but now that I'm on my "it's my last time...." with this one, I am feeling a twinge of reconsideration.  We're not doing anything permanent for at least a year after this baby arrives, so we'll see.  

Team pink/blue/green: Is there something sex-specific that you absolutely loathe?  See comments above - sexualization of babies and children, especially through clothing.  I also hate it when people say a baby is "flirting".  Nope, they're interacting.  They don't yet have sexual desire, but thanks.

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of:  I don't know and don't have time to look atm.  haha.

Upcoming Appointments:  6/10 for boring appt.

How are you feeling?:  Great!  

Rants/Raves: Rave:  Mini-vaca to MN this weekend!  We leave Thursday!  And we bought a 2 person glider for DS's big boy room so we can all sit and read together!  I'm so excited!

Questions: Nothing.

GTKY: What is the last thing that scared you?  I'm jumpy, so probably something dumb.  :)  
  • Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 9/20, 24w3d

I would like to have 3. This pregnancy is kicking my ass more than my first. I think I need to get into better shape before we have potential #3

”boys will be boys” or when people say boys are supposed to be rough and tumble. And I hate so much that DS has gotten into his head that pink and purple and dolls are for girls. And MH is starting nursing school and DS told him that is for girls. 

Baby weighs as much as a NBA regulation basketball. 

Upcoming Appointments:
    June 27, will do the glucose test a day or two before

How are you feeling?:
    Pretty good. Sick of getting out of breath going up one flight of stairs. Hip hasn’t been bothering me much except when I still and certain way and it freezes up when I stand. 

Rants/Raves: 
    None pregnancy related. But we got a travel echo tech at work to fill in for my boss while she’s on leave and of course it’s slowing down. I’m going to get screwed because we can’t cut the traveller’s hours and cuts have to happen somewhere it there aren’t enough patients. I’m annoyed and freaking out since we have to save for my leave since probably 3-4 weeks will be unpaid and I’m not willing to cut my 12 weeks shorter. Stupid barbaric US maternity leave (or lack there of)

Questions: 

I was doing an echo on an inpatient and the housekeeping person came in very quietly and tapped me on the shoulder to ask if it was ok if she cleaned the room. I nearly jumped out of my chair. 
  • @lillywonderland Yikes! That is scary. Glad you weren't hurt. I had a coffee pot do that once. Not fun. 

@duewithpu2 Cool! I'd love to see the finished product. I love vintage furniture. Also, the bat thing creeps me out. I"m sure you are aware of the dangers with rabies, but make sure you sanitize everything! 

@cmdesigner @themadcamel I seriously don't understand why people get so upset when people want one kid. I think it is usually because you NEED to give your child a sibling. Well you can't guarantee that your children will be close or friends at all, just like we can't guarantee that our children won't end up in jail or just overall shitty people.

@nomangos23 I have that same fear about my cat! I swear a large bird is going to swoop him up one day. DH thinks I'm crazy lol. 

@sparkles5275 Have fun in Maui!! Sorry about the pelvic rest though :(. I'm happy to hear everything with baby turned out okay. 

@calliah I'm also out of breath all the time. I work on the fourth floor of my building and feel so judged taking the elevator. But I gotta survive! I won't make it walking up those stairs multiple times a day. And yes, maternity leave here is a joke. I hope you don't end up needing to make cuts and it works out. That sucks. 
    ~

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 9/23, 24 weeks today

FTM: In an ideal world how many kids would you like to have? We'd like 2 or 3. I am guessing we will stop after 2 though. I'm a twin and so is my dad, so I don't want to risk having 4 kids. I think that would be more than we could handle lol. 

Team pink/blue/green: Is there something sex-specific that you absolutely loathe? Team pink! Like everyone else, I hate when children are overly adultized (not a word, I know). This goes for either gender. Like putting tons of makeup on a toddler for a ballet recital. Some fun makeup, sure. But an entire face like you're going out in Vegas? No. Or when people call their son "mommy's little boyfriend." Stuff like that makes me cringe. 

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: A GI joe.

Upcoming Appointments: Glucose test next week. 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Trying to get motivation to take the dog for a walk right now... 

Rants/Raves: Super random, but I can't wait for us to go to a private group so I can show you guys my baby face snapchat picture. If you don't know, it is a filter on snapshat that makes you look like a toddler. I feel like we all need to do it so we can "predict" what our future Sept19 babies will look like. And it made me laugh. Is my millennial showing too much??

GTKY: What is the last thing that scared you? Hmmm... I honestly don't know. 
  • @kgg2241 my baby face snap is creepy 😂
    I also hate when kids are dolled up too much. My friend just let her daughter wear lipstick to the last day of kindergarten. I was judging hardcore. 
  • @lillywonderland That would scare the hell out of me! I've heard the newer Pyrex doesn't tolerate temperature change as well as the old stuff. Which kinda defeats the purpose...

@themadcamel I have a cold too. Ugh, sick in the summer is awful without being pregnant.

@zuuls_mom so jealous you went to comic con! What was the best costume or your favorite thing?

@duewithpu2 Oh, I would judge lipstick on a 5 yo so hard.

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: Sept 23, 24 weeks! 

2, I don't think I'm up for the kids out numbering the adults. Maybe if I could get an extra spouse?

Team blue, and all of the previously mentioned things. Also, I hate how gendered toys and colors are. Unicorns and rainbows are for everyone! 

A philly cheesesteak, now I'm hungrier.

Upcoming Appointments: End of June for glucose test.

How are you feeling?: Decent-ish. I have a cold, so the stuffy head is annoying and coughing is painful.

Rants/Raves: 
    Mom is coming to visit solo for the first time in a long time, I'm so excited to get actual progress done on my house as she is crazy good at organizing. 

Questions: 
    Anyone else watching the kicks on the outside yet? 

Tonight when hubs was cooking dinner (bless him) and he managed to smoke up the entire kitchen and family room (curse him), I realized that there are only 2 smoke detectors in the entire house and neither one works. One hand, glad for finding out in a non-devastating way, on the other, holy crap safety hazard! 
  • kraanekraane member
    Estimated due date/ weeks + days: Sept 14, 25+2

-or-
    STM/ STM+: Same question! It’s always been two for me however I’m not sure I am prepared to be done yet. We’ll wait and see. 

Team pink/blue/green: Is there something sex-specific that you absolutely loathe? Team green - like a lot of you said those silly sayings on shirts for kids. 

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: baby’s growing more fat and hair! 

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday for checkup - @nightdreamr13 at 28 weeks I will start going every two weeks as well. 

How are you feeling?: Ok, tired and had a sore throat on the weekend, hopefully it doesn’t turn into anything. 

Rants/Raves: This is both - 4 weeks of school left! But the kids are a bit wild. 

Questions: nada

GTKY: What is the last thing that scared you? I was sitting on a prep in my classroom last week and someone knocked on my open door and I jumped and screeched. 
  • @duewithpu2 tell me about that sick time! I've only been here 8 months and we get no maternity leave so I'm trying to save everything I've got for Oct! I've been working 50 to 60 hr wks to accrue more leave and it's been exhausting...
  • @cheshyre319 ahhh sooo many things! My favorite costumes were Yzma from Emperor’s New Groove and Groot. Both were so realistic and awesome. My favorite things/moments were getting to meet Matthew Lewis, Christopher Lloyd and Tom Wilson! We got to take a pic with the last two with the Delorean. Just so much awesome. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @cheshyre319 Yes to seeing kicks. Sometimes she's quite violent! She kicked my laptop the other day and if she's low (like she usually is) MH is able to see her very easily. I felt her really early (like...17 weeks?) thanks to my posterior placenta and the fact that she's an active little bugger. My coworker is having her first (early October baby) and said she just started feeling her this week. 
  • @mamaber2204 @duewithpu2 DH and I sometimes call him Doakes (as in Sgt. Doakes from Dexter) because he's such a cop. He growls and makes the weirdest sounds whenever DH gets into bed and I'm already there or when he thinks DH and I are about to have sex. 
    @kgg2241 preach, girl! My DH and his bro are close in age and distance but not close on any kind of emotional level. Also, the "mommy's little boyfriend" thing made me want to puke. Reminds me of Buster and Lucille from Arrested Development. Gross.
    @cheshyre319 hope we feel better soon! You're right; summer colds are bad enough as it is.

• I'll be back to respond later but is anyone else's bump acting strange? I'm on desktop and it is being super annoying

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 26 weeks

-or-
    STM/ STM+: Same question!  3

Team pink/blue/green: Is there something sex-specific that you absolutely loathe? pink and all I'm really not a fan of those onesies that says mommys little lady or daddys girl

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: as long as a stalk of celery

Upcoming Appointments: 2 more weeks for glucose

How are you feeling?: good, tired and stressed but who isn't at this point?

Rants/Raves: I have a toothache and pretty sure I have an infection. Going into dentist today to see what's going on.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is the last thing that scared you? when a coworker creeped up behind me. Good thing I didn't need to pee

• @themadcamel Doakes!!! I love it. Dexter is one of my all time favs. 

@nightdreamr13 That’s nice that they let you accrue time even if you’re killing yourself to do it. Stupid US mat leave 🤬 my company offers 8 weeks paid at 75% if you’ve been there two years. Unfortunately we got KU a lot faster than expected and I won’t make the cut off. 
  • @supermom34482 Oh no! Hopefully it is not anything to crazy that needs to be worked on.
  • Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 9/28, 23+3

FTM: In an ideal world how many kids would you like to have? 3! Always wanted 3 and DH is on board. 

Team pink/blue/green: Is there something sex-specific that you absolutely loathe? Like everyone else said, everything being pink for a girl. Not a huge pick fan. 

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: as tall as a  twizzler!! (My favorite candy) 

Upcoming Appointments: follow up AS Friday. Fingers crossed my placenta moved. 

How are you feeling?: Little tired. Overdid it this weekend. Too much exercising and yard work. 

Rants/Raves: kitchen cabinets are getting refinished this week! So we are one step closer to having our kitchen back. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is the last thing that scared you? Most likely MH. He gets me all the time. 
  • @zuuls_mom That sounds like you guys had so much fun! I love BttF. I'm so bummed to be missing DragonCon this year. We are normally regulars, but I'd be hella pregnant, far from my OB/hospital, and I promised their lead medical person I wouldn't do that to her. 😁

@cmdesigner That's funny! I'm wondering if eventually something is going to get kicked off the bump. The cat likes to lay on it and purr, so I'm waiting for him to get kicked...
  • @cheshyre319 that happened with the cat. She kicked my cat, Boo, and the look on the cat's face was so funny I laughed for a solid minute. It was like "wtaf was that?" It happened a few more times and each time she looked...perplexed or unamused...so now she won't lay on the bump, just below it on my lap with her head on my belly. She has learned her lesson apparently.  Photo below of one of the unamused times. Baby girl woke her up.

• @lillywonderland I've heard of Pyrex exploding in the oven and other situations and I think that's crazy! Isn't that sh*t supposed to last and get hot? That's good that no one was injured.

@cammie0526 Yes, I hate clothing with stupid phrases on it. I refuse to buy it. If he gets it as a present, it gets "lost". No, my baby is not a ladies man or a boob guy. Gross.

@diner04 enjoy your 2 weeks off!

@cmdesigner cervix kicks feel so weird! I'd almost rather have his feet in my ribs. No, now it's his head compressing my stomach and lungs

@nightdreamr13 After my 28 week appointment I start going every 2 weeks also. Not really looking forward to it. So time consuming and annoying

@themadcamel LOL! so nice of your dog to protect you, though I'm sure YH didn't appreciate it.

@nomangos23 oh yikes, vultures hanging around would freak me out! I would hope they couldn't do anything to your dogs

@MsBeachNJ My mom told me I'm starting to look more pregnant today. I was like, yeah, pretty sure that's supposed to happen. ha

@monkeysmom80 I'm so sorry for your loss. Cancer truly does suck

@zuuls_mom How nice of your ILs! And yes, a cauliflower does seem huge! Sometimes the fruits/veggies don't make sense but some of them are terrifying, lol

@kgg2241 I take the elevator up one floor now :neutral: I judged people that did that, but I can't with those stairs now!

@supermom34482 sorry about your tooth! I had to have a root canal at 5 weeks and I'm just glad I wasn't feeling pukey yet. I have a strong gag reflex later in pregnancy so I think it would be horrible now!
  • @duewithpu2 A bat?! In your room?! NOPE! I'd lose my Sh!t.

nightdreamr13  Your vacation sounds amazing! Very jealous.

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 09/15 - 25 + 2

FTM: In an ideal world how many kids would you like to have? 2 at a minimum, 4 at a maximum. It is really going to depend on how my pregnancies/deliveries are and how well we handle parenthood.

Team pink/blue/green: Is there something sex-specific that you absolutely loathe? Team green. I hate the gender specific toys. I grew up loving barbies and playing with cars in the dirt. I want that for my kids too.

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: Baby is a long as a standard brick. Hmmm.. ?

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow with the midwife. I am excited to finally hear the results of my AS. I want to know how this baby is measuring so bad!

How are you feeling?: Mostly uncomfortable and tired. And I'm 98% sure I am coming down with another head cold/sinus infection. That makes 2 in 2 months.  :s

Rants/Raves: Rant- My back is starting to get sore. And we've had some intense heat the last few days. If this keeps up I don't know how I am going to make it. I need to buy a kiddie pool, for me.

Rave- My DH and I have a plan in place to pay off my student loan in the next couple of months! Plus our credit card debt. Can't wait to have that gone before baby comes!

Questions: So I have the snoogle pregnancy pillow. And I think I hate it. I cannot for the life of my get comfortable. I tossed it to the side and started just wedging pillows on either side of me. I am typically a back sleeper and just can't get comfortable on my side. Any tips and tricks out there? 

GTKY: What is the last thing that scared you? My dog is not much of a barker. Recently she has started barking at our neighbour from inside the house when she sees him walk in or near our yard (him and DH are close so he comes over a lot). She let out a bark the other day that made me jump.
    Me: 31 │ DH: 30
    Married 05/26/17
    STM; DS 9/14/2019
    EDD 6/13/2022