July 2019 Moms
Options

Third Tri Symptoms

Re: Third Tri Symptoms

• Options
    I can't tell if baby officially "dropped" or if she's sitting low now. My belly looks like it's drooping over my waistband and her movements are way lower than usual--when I'm sitting, I feel her punching/kicking the crease in my pelvis. I guess I'll officially find out at my checkup on Monday or ultrasound on Tuesday.  
    No varicose veins here, but I have spider veins all over, especially my breasts :( they haven't changed in size/shape since my second trimester, so I have no idea why the veins are getting worse now. 
  • Options
    @hestia14 how far are you again? My son has been low the whole time but the last week he’s been lower. At my ultrasound they told me he is in downward position though which is good. Hopefully he stays that way. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @leylea89 I’m 33W1D. 
  • Options
    @jennm0724 @julybaybay
    Me too with lightening bladder! ⚡️
    It does feel like a UTI symptom...but it just comes and goes without more UTI signs.
    I think it mostly happens when I need to pee and am holding it...and then maybe baby shifts and pokes my bladder.
    It’s alarming since the last thing I want is a UTI, but I guess it’s just a smashed bladder thing! 🌈

My feet are still elephant- crushed- doc recommended silicone medical store heel inserts and they are working pretty well! My right knee is starting to hurt though...which could be just the beginning. Wish I didnt have stairs at home! 😒 SO old lady right now!
  • Options
    acgxacgx member
    @scp2585 I feel you on this! I recently swept the whole house, but left little piles of dirt for my husband to bend over and sweep into the dustbin!
  • Options
    @expatmom39 Sorry about your feet and knee! My feet were totally fine until the week before last, but now I have heel pain every day.  It's like my weight or center of balance just reached a limit.  
  • Options
    @leendenny not exactly as you describe, but for the past couple days I have had engorgement/swelling and irritation in my labia and extending backwards (if you know what I mean). The whole area feels and is visibly engorged and swollen and it isn't comfortable to sit directly on it. Anyone had this or having this? 
  • Options
    Out of nowhere I stink! BO is something I've noticed in the past couple of days. Today, I did no physical activity. Ewww
  • Options
    My belly feels like a balloon that’s about to pop.  I’m not talking about how big I am —I’m actually pretty small for almost 37 weeks, at least comparing photos — but it just feels really tight.  Like there’s not enough room in there, and everything’s straining.  Especially after I eat.  It’s a really odd sensation.
  • Options
    @hoodevil0611 I feel that way after eating, sometimes for hours... may have to just do small meals or snacks from now on.  It's like there isn't enough room for the baby, my stomach, and lungs (hard to breathe).
  • Options
    Omg @cindler me too! I know it’s pregnancy too because my face doesn’t want to seem to stay washed and pimples keep arriving. 

I usually have to shower more anyway in the summer (twice daily on active days) but I’ve never had facial breakouts before.

also, the last 3-4 days I’ve had heartburn which i’ve been lucky enough not to experience regularly until now. I think it also has to do with the crammed stomach because I have been throwing up when I eat but not from nausea. It’s like there’s no room and even a few bites might be too much.
  • Options
    Guys, I start week 36 tomorrow and baby already weighs 6.5 pounds! Found out yesterday in our 3D ultrasound measurements.  

His head is down and sometimes I get horrible cervical cramps from his movements down there. He’s strong and a few times a day he does this crazy maneuver with what I think is his knee and it actually makes me scream it’s so painful! My belly visibly pops out and it feel like my uterus is going to tear (it’s a super sharp pain).
    Anyone had/have a big baby that actually hurt you a lot when they move around?

I’m 5’ 1, so it’s not to compare baby weights, really...just a baby advanced in growth and big for you specifically. 6.5 lbs might not bother someone taller, I assume.

I’m worried about him gaining more weight in the next couple of weeks and really becoming more painful to carry/ more powerful in his movements. I find myself laying down more and more just to not experience all the pains of his weight.  Basically bed-resting myself...will see OB next weekend, but wondered if someone else was/has been in the same boat!

• Options
    CbeanzCbeanz member
    @expatmom39 Sounds like your baby's on the large side! I've never had big babies but I can relate to unbearably painful kicks. All my pregnancies have felt very different. My third baby was sooooooo strong with such powerful painful kicks I was positive it was going to be a giant, giant baby. Turns out she was the same size as my others, just happened to kick extra hard.

I think we're all reaching that point where we've run out of room. It feels like I'll split open if the baby grows another inch. I hate this part of pregnancy. In my opinion it's the hardest part. 

I'm 5'2". Maybe taller moms feel differently? I'm constantly laying down bc I can't sit without feeling crowded. 
  • Options
    @expatmom39 at my 36 week ultrasound baby was estimated to be almost 8 lbs already... his movements can be very painful... he’s also head down and  I get a  lot of pressure and sometimes cramps.. I do find myself needing to rest more often And to go slower. 
  • Options
    key33key33 member
    @expectantmom - My babies have never been large, but have been long. I'm 5’6 and the pains from kicks, punches and movements is enough to stop me in my tracks frequently. This LO dropped at 32 weeks and the pressure from her worse and sharp pains are equally horrible. 

• Options
    I’m 33 weeks and 5’10. Baby weighed 4lbs 3oz according to my 32 weeks scan. But since 31 weeks I swear he’s out to find which spots hurt the most to kick lol. He’s in the middle of size chart and I have a small belly but you can easily see his kicks and punches.

so I can rule out height for you as an issue. And also bay’s size since he’s in the 52nd percentile. Some kids are just strong.
  • Options
    @expatmom39 my last baby measured 8lbs 8oz at 36 weeks, he was a chunk! I think movements towards the end just tend to be more painful because they’re running out of room and getting in position to come out. I’m 5’2, and also felt uncomfortable and the painful movements with my first even though he wasn’t as big as my second. Hang in there, we’re almost to the end! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    5’11” and feeling like the baby is going to pop out of my abdomen half the time.  She was estimated to be in the 75th percentile during the growth ultrasound at 34.5 weeks, so I guess not especially large relative to my size.  But my belly visibly shifts around all day long.  I think everyone’s just running out of room at this point.

I’m having some super sharp pains this morning at 1 day to 37 weeks.  I got out of bed and almost immediately doubled over.  But they’re irregular and don’t feel like contractions because it doesn’t seem like anything’s tightening.  I probably just have gas or something haha
  • Options
    It sounds like we are all getting into the more uncomfortable stage. 

My back is killing me. Just keep trying to find ways to get comfortable. 
  • Options
    @Cbeanz Yep- unbearable is the word and laying down constantly is my new lifestyle! Good to know movement pain varies by baby, too.

I find this really hard psychologically. I think maybe never having had a time like this before in my life- no surgeries, no mobility problems- makes it totally foreign. Nothing anyone told me prepared me for this. I consider this time to be like a “recovery” in terms of all the limitations and pains. Helps a lot to hear that it’s this hard for others, too!

@mama_bear19 Kudos to you! Amazing what our bodies are capable of.

Ladies, Im falling asleep and cant keep scrolling and tagging everyone, but thanks to everyone sharing about baby weights and painful movements. 😴 This baby is programming my body to sleep and eat right now, so Im sure he’ll keep gaining weight and beating up my uterus! 😖 Glad he’s healthy / glad he’s coming out soon. Early induction or even cesarean are in the cards for me. I will probably be delivering with the group 1 ladies! 
  • Options
    I also noticed a change in shape of my belly where it's hanging lower and I feel movements lower, but I think it's weight/gravity and not that the baby is dropping yet, because I also still feel extremely full up top near my diaphragm (hard to breathe sometimes).  Anyway, I am 5'1" with a proportionally short torso, probably contributing to the issue.  Hip/leg/back pain while trying to sleep is becoming more of a problem lately, too.  
  • Options
    @Cbeanz amen! I am trying to stay positive and happy, but all I want to do is bitch about everything. I don't want to take the miracle for granted, especially since we're OAD, but it's so hard!
  • Options
    hakelehakele member
    @expatmom39 I’m 5’10 and I feel like she’s going to rip her way out. She sticks her butt out HARD against my belly button almost all day and I get knees and then down low I feel little pointy elbows. 
    And omg the lightning crotch! God forbid I walk through Costco. 
  • Options
    The lightning crotch at the gym today was torture!  It felt almost constant and stopped me in my tracks every time.
  • Options
    @hakele Yeah! What’s with butt-sticking out?? Shouldn’t I feel the other side that he’s pushing off from? It’s like a magical self- propelled butt!! 😂
  • Options
    Oh and I don’t know if this has been said by anyone before, but when the movements get crazy painful, I stand up and shake up and down like he’s already on my hip...and it soothes him. Most of the time! Sucks when I’m laying down and don’t want to get up to do it, but...the pain is motivating! Worth a shot...🤞🏼
  • Options
    I’m impressed you all can tell anything about where the baby is, I just know one is in there. But how they are arranged inside is a mystery to me—only thing I know for sue is something happened in the past two days where LO is pressing on my diaphragm and I can’t take deep breathes or yawn. 
  • Options
    @expatmom39 my LO always seems to fall asleep when DH and I have sex. Same concept? Lol!
  • Options
    Probably! 😂
  • Options
    hakelehakele member
    @cindler 🤣 LOL. THATS HILARIOUS. 

@blackhottamales the butt is a big surface. And she sticks it out. Its so obvious. Also. The hiccups are down low like way low. My doctor asked where I was feeling the hiccups and I pointed and she was like, “oh good, she’s head down!” 
    Then I explained my butt theory and she felt around and was all, this is a butt, this is a knee, this is a shoulder. So I was able to feel, too. 
  • Options
    5’0” and I swear baby goes into starfish position from time to time. I’ve had to straighten out while sitting down because she’s forcing my lap to open. 😵
    Also discovered a new perk to my pregnancy pillow: by keeping my knees apart, it takes pressure off my bladder! Which I can never seem to empty all the way...
  • Options
    @hakele yes to the booty bumping! And I have this recurring nightmare that I’ve had forever about my intestines being pulled out through my belly button. It really freaks me out. I like to remind him that’s not where the exit is 😂. I’m 5’10” too... maybe they are confused by our slightly longer torsos? Lol

@blackhottamales that sounds painful. I’m ‘lucky’ to have had a low rider this whole time. My placenta is high so I still have reflux and crowding issues but once and only once did his foot make it under my rib and I could not breathe for the life of me for a good minute. As for telling where he is, his butt is always bigger and his feet are bigger and stronger than his hands. He generally punches me on my right side just above my hip and kicks me just above my belly button to the left. And I know his head is down because he gets hiccups once in a while. I thought I could be wrong but every time I tell them what he’s doing or where he is, they confirm it at the ultrasounds I have. It’s kind of intuition mixed with observations.

@hestia14 when it comes to bladder emptying a few things that help are to lean forward when peeing, even rock a little. After you pee and wipe, stand up and then sit right back down. You will get another good little bit of pee out like that. I also find that sometimes when I wipe with wet wipes it stimulates my body to finish peeing. The first couple times I almost peed on my hand because I didn’t make the connection 😂.

@cindler you get them cookies 😂. We’re almost there and if that makes you happy, then it also makes baby happy. 
  • Options
    @hakele @leylea89 Thanks for the explanation about the butt sticking out. I wasn't sure what that was pushing on me, but it totally makes sense. I keep feeling it an inch or so above my belly button (probably because of my height) - would be really painful if it were right at my belly button!
  • Options
    @leendenny ugh! Yes I have this too. It started in my 2nd trimester and is also just 1 labia! Doc said its bc of how my placenta and cervix is laying. Has been uncomfortable but thankfully not painful. 
  • Options
    My stomach, right above my belly button, itches SO BAD. Nothing has made it feel better.
  • Options
    @cbeanz I definitely am. I drink liquids normally but I can’t tell if the thirst is pregnancy or heat related lol. I wake up in the middle of the night with extreme cotton mouth though so I’m willing to bet on pregnancy.
  • Options
    I was sleeping SO WELL up until tonight. Baby dropped & now my hips are in so much pain. I’m having Braxton Hicks constantly & im so uncomfortable. I’ll miss you sleep 😭