October 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 5/6

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/6

• Options
    Victim mentality would line up. According to FB, boardline personality disorder is diagnosed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @galentine to be fair, it wasn't exactly her real name. But it was obviously close enough to start looking. And then tie in the things noted in the intro to what I found. 🤷‍♀️

I mean I'm not super mysterious (I know I coulf be found fairly easily). But I'm not as obvious as others so at least I won't be a prime target 🤣
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly, I meant in general, too, not just this poster. She and several others in the intro thread used either their full name or enough of their full name that it's easy to figure out. And then post ultrasound photos with their whole name included.🤦‍♀️ 
  • Options
    greenbean-2greenbean-2 member
    edited May 2019
    **TW - gun violence **

There was another school shooting yesterday. I just found out and now I’m crying at my desk. I don’t know how to raise kids in this world. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Cass005Cass005 member
    hmm...what's MUD?
  • Options
    **TW - gun violence **

There was another school shooting yesterday. I just found out and now I’m crying at my desk. I don’t know how to raise kids in this world. 

We live in a school district that has had a school shooting. (It was this time last year)

We home-schooled DS for kinder and are sending him to 1st grade within the school district. 
    I'm all kinds of nervous and wtf over here :(
    TTC #1 6/2011
    BFP #1 10/2012
    DS#1 born 6/2013

TTC#2 12/2013
    BFP#2 2/2019
    TWINS Baby Girl due October 20th, 2019.
       BabyGaga

• Options
    edited May 2019
    **poof**

(PDQ I'll poof later)
    TTC #1 6/2011
    BFP #1 10/2012
    DS#1 born 6/2013

TTC#2 12/2013
    BFP#2 2/2019
    TWINS Baby Girl due October 20th, 2019.
       BabyGaga

• Options
    **TW - gun violence **

We live in a school district that has had a school shooting. (It was this time last year)

We home-schooled DS for kinder and are sending him to 1st grade within the school district. 
    I'm all kinds of nervous and wtf over here :(
    Oh man that's terrible. It's scary to think about even despite knowing that statistically it likely won't happen, but that won't stop the worry. Especially with it being close to home @nachellebeck13
  • Options
    galentine said:
    A little mid-week confession to lighten the mood....

So for the past two weeks-ish I have had pretty intense tailbone pain. It's at its worst at work, when I sit in an uncomfortable desk chair for 9 hours a day. I ordered a donut pillow from Amazon, which is supposed to help. But I've been pretty self-conscious about bringing it into work. I work in a shared space with no cubicle walls and just feel self-conscious about everyone coming into our office and immediately knowing I am having butt issues... Lol. Plus I really didn't want to walk into the building holding a donut pillow. So I have been meaning to put it in a reusable grocery bag to at least disguise it for my walk in. Anyway, yesterday was pretty bad so I decided this morning that come hell or high water, I would bring my donut pillow into work. I remembered the pillow but not the reusable grocery bag, but I thought to myself, who cares. Today I am bringing my butt pillow to work! I will carry that thing in with no shame!

Of course.... today is the day my boss pulled up into the parking lot next to me. And wants to walk into the building with me, chatting the whole way in and down the long hallway to our offices. I bravely carried my butt pillow with pride. And my boss didn't say a word 😂
    Haha, kudos! You have to do what has to be done
  • Options
    @greenbean-2, hugs for the gun violence. It's so scary. I have relatives who used to go to that school (graduated a few years ago) and it's such a strange, sad feeling to be even tangentially related to the place it happened. Hope you find some comfort today ❤
  • Options
    @nachellebeck13 I’m so sorry this stuff is so close to home for you. I hate that we have to think about this stuff. Hugs. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @greenbean-2 I cried too. It’s a scary world we are bringing these babies into. But there is also a lot of good left in it, which is hard to remember when something like this happens. Hugs to you, friend. 
  • Options
    @cmbt2 et al I had the same thought on the question poster. I just don’t see how that could be real. I guess you never know, but color me skeptical. 🤨 
  • Options
    Add me to the exhausted train. I’m sleeping really good but waking often to pee and just feeling exhausted all the time.
    @meagan-t Happy Anniversary!
    @greenbean-2 DS got sick in the car a month ago and I generally take care of puke stuff since it doesn’t bother me. Not this time I couldn’t do it. Poor DH lol
    @grapeskittles4lyfe these hormones are crazy. I started crying over the dumbest thing out of nowhere the other day but something I expected to make me cry there was nothing.
    @melanier26 I always get my mom stuff for her flower garden usually flowers but sometimes tools or decoration stuff. I know what she likes well so it’s always a good choice. I’m sorry about the measles stress, my immunity came back boarderline, but as far as I know MO hasn’t seen any.
    @prpl11butterfly That’s so sweet. DS always rubs my necklace to when I wear it. It’s like they know it’s something special without knowing the story. 
    @cmbt2 Yep that’s what I thought too. I’m the case it’s not I didn’t want to say anything but I’m suspicious.
    @quidditchcapn1120 I definitely thought that as s possibility too.

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Also I’ve been pretty MIA the last month because things have super crazy but after these week things should open up significantly.

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
  • Options
    @Cass005 I was also clueless on what MUD meant, so thanks for asking :)

@galentine you rock that butt pillow with pride! I also giggled at it being referred to as butt pillow!

@nachellebeck13 Sorry it hit close to home. I already want to keep my little one in a bubble! 
  • Options
    Cass005Cass005 member
    I wish I could protect my daughter from the harsh things. I now understand so much why my mom was so protective of me. Sometimes I don't even want to send her to school.
  • Options
    @galentine That butt pillow story is amazing. Carry that thing with pride, lady!
  • Options
    @Cass005 DS won’t be heading to kindergarten for 2 more years but we are already fretting about sending her to school. I considered home schooling, at least for a couple of years, but I don’t think it would be right for him. Such a struggle to think about sending him out into the world!
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    We have pretty big safety requirements on our schools here. DS1’s IEP meetings are held in elementary schools, and it’s locked down during the day. It’s not like when we were growing up and could
    just come and go during the day. Im
    not sure if this is just state specific though 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options
    @cmbt2 schools here are locked during hours too. You have to ring a buzzer to gain access the building. There are also cameras in the schools that live feed to the local PD. We do live in very scary times, and it is very sad. I just hope we can implement change before it is too late 
  • Options
    **TW - gun violence **

It was at my nephews school 😢 he is okay, physically.  Yesterday was a living nightmare.  
  • Options
    @emily1052 Oh my god, that is terrible. I can’t imagine what your family has been going through. Glad he is safe but so incredibly sorry for what you all are dealing with. Just heartbreaking. 
  • Options
    @emily1052 oh my god that is horrifying. I’m so glad he’s ok. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @emily1052, omg how scary. Glad your nephew is ok ❤
  • Options
    @emily1052 Oh my gosh, how frightening. I'm so glad that he is safe.
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options
    @emily1052 How terrifying.  I can’t imagine how all those kids are handling after a real situation like that. 
  • Options
    @quidditchcapn1120 Good luck! I’m sure you’ll do well. Hopefully, the drive goes smoothly for you. 
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options
    @emily1052 How absolutely terrifying for your family and nephew. Thinking of you!
  • Options
    @emily1052 I’m so sorry, that is terrifying. Hugs
    @quidditchcapn1120 Good Luck!

HX

Tickers