October 2019 Moms

MAY Symptoms

Re: MAY Symptoms

• cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @Cass005 I’ve been experiencing tightness for quite awhile now. Like before anything on google said Braxton Hicks were possible. It’s super annoying. 
    Oh, you can have them the whole time, but they label them as cramps at this stage 🙄 or “growing pains”
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • On several occasions, I've had extreme tightness in my upper belly. My doctor said it was related to digestion issues, which would not surprise me. It usually goes away after awhile, but man does it hurt. My body feels like it's starting to explode.
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Loading the player...
  • I get all kinds of cramping. Upper abdomen/stomach cramping, uterus stretching cramping and straight up Braxton Hicks that are painful (not bad, just distracting). I may have my midwife check my cervix this week just to make sure there’s nothing happening bc I’ve been feeling vaginal pressure off and on too but I’m just chalking it all up to a very crampy pregnancy 🙄
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    I get all kinds of cramping. Upper abdomen/stomach cramping, uterus stretching cramping and straight up Braxton Hicks that are painful (not bad, just distracting). I may have my midwife check my cervix this week just to make sure there’s nothing happening bc I’ve been feeling vaginal pressure off and on too but I’m just chalking it all up to a very crampy pregnancy 🙄
    I was told with my second that I would cramp more and worse than I ever remembered with my first 😒
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @steminist and @obsessedwithoranges Have you tried something like Gas-X? I had that similar feeling and Gas-X has been a game-changer for me.
    DD 10/2019
  • @meagan-t I have not, but that's good advice. I'll have to pick some up and try it out!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I find the tightness/cramping improves if I hydrate.  Dehydration is so much more taxing when pregnant.
  • sammeebousammeebou member
    edited May 2019
    I feel marvelous, but I really did the entire first trimester too. I was just very very tired and constipated for 2-3 weeks, which I count as not that bad considering all of the symptoms that I wasnt experiencing. Yesterday my uterus was sprung free from my pelvis. So that's fun. One minute I couldnt feel it, had sex, then I could!  Good job hubby lol.
  • @cmbt2 Good to know! I was starting to get itchy last week, too. I'll have to try it!
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @cmbt2 Which sugar scrub do you use? I don't like the brand Soap & Glory very much, but I do love their Breakfast Scrub. Just curious what others are out there that are good!
    DD 10/2019
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    meagan-t said:
    @cmbt2 Which sugar scrub do you use? I don't like the brand Soap & Glory very much, but I do love their Breakfast Scrub. Just curious what others are out there that are good!
    Whatever I can grab at Walmart lol
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • amurph86amurph86 member
    edited May 2019
    @melanier26 Same with me!! But this week (15 for me) has been a lot better!
  • Hmmm nose bleeds out of nowhere all of a sudden 🤔
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • @cooaladolly ugh, nosebleeds.... while I haven't been having full on bleeding, I've had a bloody nose since BFP. Its totally normal and so so annoying
  • Chewy tuma have been helping and they don't taste too terrible! I like the fruity over the cool fusion(don't remember the flavor) but they do help!! Heartburn is the worst 😔

• Did someone on here coin the word pregsomnia? Count me in :neutral: for the past few weeks I haven’t been able to sleep through the night on a regular basis.
  • This is part symptom, part warning. I've been having pregnancy rhinitis for a long time. Usually it's not bad, just extra sniffles, sneezing and/or congestion. Well, when coming home from vacation on the plane (we had a long, high altitude flight), I started to get the worst, most intensely painful nasal headache during our descent. Like I felt like I was having an aneurism or that my head was going to explode and was involuntarily crying from the pain. Turns out that having some congestion in your nasal passages can lead to aerosinusitis, which is what this was. I wasn't even that badly congested either, which is why this was so surprising to me. So just as a word of caution for anyone else who might go through this, make sure your sinuses are clear before/during your flight, if you can. The only thing that gave me relief afterward (it hurt for several hours) was using Breath Right nasal strips and laying down on the opposite side of where I was congested. Would not wish this experience on anyone else!
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• This is part symptom, part warning. I've been having pregnancy rhinitis for a long time. Usually it's not bad, just extra sniffles, sneezing and/or congestion. Well, when coming home from vacation on the plane (we had a long, high altitude flight), I started to get the worst, most intensely painful nasal headache during our descent. Like I felt like I was having an aneurism or that my head was going to explode and was involuntarily crying from the pain. Turns out that having some congestion in your nasal passages can lead to aerosinusitis, which is what this was. I wasn't even that badly congested either, which is why this was so surprising to me. So just as a word of caution for anyone else who might go through this, make sure your sinuses are clear before/during your flight, if you can. The only thing that gave me relief afterward (it hurt for several hours) was using Breath Right nasal strips and laying down on the opposite side of where I was congested. Would not wish this experience on anyone else!
    I have had this happen to me twice and it is excruciating.  I thought the same- that maybe I had an aneurysm.  My husband kept trying to get me things to help last time and I had to tell him to leave me alone and be quiet or I was going to either kill him or throw up on him.  I just sat rocking back and forth in my chair praying to land quickly.
  • Cass005Cass005 member
    @mrsinterweb I hope you feel better.

What do you girls take for sore throats? I really would rather avoid Tylenol, and I did just gargle with some salt water to help with the post basal drip but I'm so uncomfortable
  • @Cass005 It won't cure it by any means, but if you heat some milk up and add some sugar to taste, that'll help coat your throat a bit. My mom used to do that for us when we were little as a way to help us sleep with a sore throat. It's comforting.
    DD 10/2019
  • @Cass005 Honey can help coat your throat 
  • cheznetcheznet member
    edited May 2019
    Anyone else still throwing up? I don't feel nauseous anymore, usually. But on my way home, I had to pull over my bike to throw up over the side. With a few other cyclists whizzing by... Second time I've had to do that... I thought eating saltines would help, but they came up with the carrots I had earlier. Uuugggggjhhhh.
  • I’m on my way home from our camping babymoon and have a TON of catching up to do.... but does anyone know where in the hell my eyelashes went?  There are seriously as bad as after I had my extensions removed. 😱
  • @emily1052, I am having the opposite issue: surprise hair in popping up in unwanted places! I had noticed a couple weeks ago I was getting a peach fuzz all over my belly. I happened to look down at it while i was changing today, and my "peach fuzz" is now at least a quarter inch long 😳
  • @galentine I have that peach fuzz too.  I’ve heard that is common though.  Just no eyelashes 😂 😳 
  • Vulvar varicosities are back with a vengeance (I had them with my last pregnancy). I knew I felt like I was about to walk right out of my vagina all day. TMI. 
  • I think I’m starting to get some energy back. Yesterday I was up at 7 (early for this SAHM) then went nonstop from about 9 am to 8 pm. But I’m paying for it today! I’m almost done with my one cup of coffee and I’m still so sleepy
  • Cass005Cass005 member
    @ineedsixeggs Ouch! Is there anything that helps with relief?

@melanier26 I need that energy today. The house is a huge mess. And hubby is working all weekend so he can't help. 
  • @ineedsixeggs I had to look that one up. Sorry you're going through that, it certainly sounds discomforting.
    @melanier26 that happened to me. I get like a day or two of good energy, but then it's like I use it all up, and then have to sleep longer for another day or two afterwards. Hopefully it becomes longer lasting before third tri difficulties arrive, lol.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    Holy hell, it hurts to walk today. I feel like I’m 80 years old
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @cheznet I am! I have been pretty lucky on this front not getting sick often, but it’s still lingering. I’ve gotten sick as many times in the past two weeks as I did the whole first tri!  TMI but I’m having other digestion issues. I think because it’s not coming out the bottom, it’s coming back up where it came from.
  • @Cass005 I've got to figure out where I packed my chastity jock strap type support belt. My midwives also suggested a chiropractor because proper alignment will hopefully take some pressure off my veins and nerves. 
  • @sammygirl18 Have you tried something like Colace to help with your digestive issues?
    DD 10/2019
  • @ineedsixeggs ugh me too. I had them last time too but much later. I’ll have to look into that support belt - I hadn’t heard of it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @meagan-t I picked up some Metamucil yesterday. I have a list of approved meds from the dr and just picked one. Is Colace the typical go to? 
  • @sammygirl18 There are several options, so you should go with what your doctor recommends. Mine recommended Colace to me and it seems to work fairly well, so I haven't tried others.
    DD 10/2019
  • ineedsixeggsineedsixeggs member
    edited May 2019
    @greenbean-2 Mine came a lot later last time too. Here's the one I got: 

https://www.amazon.com/Its-You-Babe-Supporter-Small/dp/B00006D2R8

ETA: it sucks but it helps. 
  • I’m more exhausted now than in the first trimester which feels really unfair because my DS is a wild child and now he’s out of preschool for the summer. Pregnancy dreams are getting the best of me. Every pregnancy I will have a few that are so realistic that I wake up in a mood that lasts for days, and last weekend I had one of those dreams and it ruined most of my weekend.