August 2019 Moms

PAIF m/o May 2019

Note: This thread will include discussion of infertility and loss. If these topics are triggering for you, please take care of yourself while reading and posting here.
This thread is for those of us who went through infertility testing and treatments before becoming pregnant. Many of us have had different struggles to get to this place and face different anxiety and concerns now. This thread is for us to support each other, and we hope it will be a safe space. This thread is created every month, given the reduced traffic. Please feel free to post here at any time during that period, whether for good news or bad. Consider this an ongoing conversation. 
This thread is for those who have experienced infertility. The struggles we discuss may or may not apply to those who became pregnant easily. If you have not experienced infertility, please be considerate and sensitive if you feel the need to post in this thread. 

How far along are you?
Any symptoms?
Rant/Rave?
Next appointment?
Questions?

GTKYPreparing yourself for the third trimester. Anything you are doing? Loading up on sundresses? Comfy sandals/shoes that translate in the office? Trading in your vehicle for another? Starting/finishing the nursery? Finalizing name choices? Getting those waxing appointments booked? 
**History in Spoiler**
Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
   IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
   IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
   FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
   FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
   FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
   FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
   FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
   FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
   FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
   FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

Re: PAIF m/o May 2019

• MamaK225MamaK225 member
    edited April 2019
    How far along are you? 24w3d
    Any symptoms? Everything's eased up, just having issues falling back asleep after pee breaks
    Rant/Rave? n/a
    Next appointment? Today for 24w, they'll be giving me the sticky, thick, yucky syrup for my 28 wk glucose test :|
    Questions? For TTM+: how did you prepare the siblings (especially when/if still toddlers) with household chores before baby came? I'm trying to ease DD1 (will be 3 in July) into having a few to alleviate some things and get her used to it before the whole household come apart.

GTKY: Basically, trying to get DD1 used to helping more around the house (without it being too much of a fight/meltdown-inducer). I definitely loaded up on work-friendly "comfy" clothing and shoes. DD1 was a July baby and while things were a bit different - the building I worked in had it's A/C go out - I'm still expecting *some* swelling and/or waddling so trying to get ahead of the curve. I did buy myself another Instant Pot last night (now DH has no clear options for a Mother's Day present :D ) because I know there will be more at-home meals, going forward. We still haven't started with the nursery (I do have all the gear/decor, just haven't done anything), soooooo probably need to get on that ... 
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @mamak225 we started by just making part of the routine... at that age they generally (of course you have those three-nager days where they don't want to do anything) want to be helpful... so we started with little things like removing dishes from the table post meal, helping to load and unload the dishwasher, helping to put the laundry in the washer or dryer. Also once DD2 was here the twins (thankfully) were in love and loved to be helpful so getting mom a diaper, or picking out her cloths or picking up something for me.Kids at that age also LOVE to clean (maybe not well) but they will try to sweep the floor or wash something.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Loading the player...
  • @MamaK225 I got an instapot for Black Friday....aaaaand it’s still in its box.  I’m scared of it!!

How far along are you? 23w3d

Any symptoms? Still not sleeping. And my right ankle keeps swelling up

Rant/Rave? She really likes music.  We’ve been to 2 mini concerts at Epcot and she moves a ton!

Next appointment? MFM on 5/13 and OB on 5/15
    Questions?

GTKY: So many friends have given me their maternity clothes.  Yet I keep buying more. I have a problem!  And I really need to get started on cleaning out the nursery 

• @purplg8r - If you are on FB, there is an AWESOME group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/InstantPotCommunity/) that takes away a lot of the fear from using it. Trust me, it took me about a year to get it out of the box and using it. But once I started, I haven't looked back! I use it 2+ a week and it's only going to get more use as I *finally* train DH that going out to dinner 3+ nights a week isn't feasible (mostly because it's completely unenjoyable for me, having to keep up with a Toddler and soon-to-be-newborn), regardless of what our budget allows. Like everything else, you just have to make sure you follow the instructions and make sure it's being used properly. The group is very interactive and they are very helpful with common errors/problems and even for sending recipes for holidays, newbies, and for last-minute meal ideas!

@wabash15 - That makes me feel better, I've been doing some of those things (mostly tidying/cleaning and bringing clothes into the laundry room/learning how to put them up) in hopes to get her confident and used to her new duties. It will definitely be "all hands on deck" - I can't imagine with TWO! :) How are you feeling? I was thinking about you the other day and how you've got your hands completely full with the arrival of this one. You're my superhero!
    **History in Spoiler**

• @mamak225 I have not had to make the transition from 1 to 2 but the transition from 2 to 3 was smoother than I thought it might be. it takes a few weeks to find that groove and it always takes FOREVER to get out of the house, but soon it will just be normal life. I'm doing ok. I'm glad the twins will be a little older when this one comes so they will be slightly more independent and they are super excited about the new baby. Plus they can help occupy DD2 who may have a little bit of a harder time with the transition.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @MamaK225 thanks!!  I joined it!
  • cato99cato99 member
    *Thank you all again for all of your low AHM/egg health advice you shared on the last thread! My BFF wanted me to pass on her gratitude; she is in the 2ww of her IUI but no one really has their hopes up. Her doctor is like "yeah just let us know when" (not if!) "you get your period and we'll start you on the next protocol" so we'll see

How far along are you? 
    25w 1d / due August 16
    Any symptoms? I'm having a couple of very third-trimester-y days and I am NOT here for it. Total physical exhaustion, feeling like baby is trampolining on my bladder, etc. 
    Rant/Rave? When a pregnant lady says "I'm not feeling well and am very exhausted" the right response is "no, you are a glowing flower of pulsating life and fecundity but I understand if you'd like to get some rest," not "omg yes you totally look it" AHEM COWORKERS lol.
    Next appointment? Going in for glucose test in a couple of weeks (not a screen; my OB does a two-hour make-or-break-it test, as I mentioned in my Group 3 check-in), and I'm pretty much sure to wind up with GD again but hope it's as borderline/manageable as it was last time. 
    Questions?

GTKY: No I am firmly in camp denial! I already bought a million sundresses a few months ago and have been enjoying them, and definitely need some summer shoes, but everything else will vaguely happen in some vague future that is vague. 
  • @cato99 - Well, I'm still FX for your friend ... I know people who've gotten positives with bigger issues. Also, YES on the response to "exhausted." OH! And if you're not fully opposed to ignoring the fact that these are Crocs (I'm very anti-Croc, btw), these sandals so super cute and SOOOOOOOO comfy. Heck, they're even named Sexi - with an i! ;) (https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B003YBQLBE/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_Vtj0Cb3BS9CNC) Plus they're $30 and under per pair. I even wear them to work and they are very comfy if I do end up having to walk a bit, plus they breathe incredibly well and - I would imagine - allow for some mild swelling in the later months.
    **History in Spoiler**

• @cato99 rooting for your friend. I remember thinking it was never going to work until that test turned... I nearly fainted. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Weekly Bump to keep us near the top :) 
    **History in Spoiler**

• AvrilmaiAvrilmai member
    edited May 2019
    @MamaK225 thanks for the bump. how's it going with the new instant pot?
    @cato99 I'm so rooting for your friend. With each IUI I had to remind myself that my RE said it wasn't impossible. just not as high a percentage. I think I said this in my G3 check-in, but my doc does the 2 hr as well. I hope yours goes well. 
    @purplg8r what kind of maternity clothes are you buying? I've gotten a few dresses, some shorts and some leggings for the gym. I've gotten a few clothes from friends but they were pregnant in the winter, so it is a completely different wardrobe.

How far along are you? 24+6
    Any symptoms? heartburn that presents not as burning, but as nausea. looks like its daily meds for me. I think i've had some RLP this week. A few people have said I've 'popped out' this week. 
    Rant/Rave? working on the nursery. DH painted the room last weekend and this weekend we will put together the crib and hopefully paint the dresser. 
    Next appointment? I have an OB follow-up and my 2hr GTT at the end of the month. Like Cato99 it is a pass/fail. Not gonna lie, I'm a little worried about it. 
    Questions?
    ETA: GTKY: I think I kind of answered it above, but we are getting started on the nursery. I've gotten a few clothes and we've planned a short "baby-moon"/weekend trip to the beach over Memorial Day weekend. I'm so looking forward to a vacation. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @Avrilmai - It's still in the box - I was hoping to slip it past DH and put it in storage under the island.

That being said, I used the "original" one twice last week and have already used it again (last night). In a search through Amazon - I think he was checking on some random hot sauce he had ordered - he saw I had ordered a second and gave me a little bit of a hard time. But I told him that unless he's going to be 100% on daddy duty (i.e. I don't have to lift a finger), this 3rd Trimester is going to be less going out to eat and much more homecooked foods because it's already getting to be too much to wrangle a strong, powerful 2 y.o. who weighs 40 lbs and - even though I'm on the taller side of "average" - is over half my height (she wears size 5 clothes and is almost into a 6 :| ).
    **History in Spoiler**

• @Avrilmai we can wear Bermuda shorts to work so that’s all I wear from March to the end of the school year.  So I bought several pairs of those.  I also bought a couple of maternity camis to go under my shirts since I sweat a bunch at recess and dismissal.  I bought a couple of running outfits. Then Zulily keeps getting me in trouble!  And I’m so jealous that you’ve started painting your nursery AND planned your babymoon!  I really need to get my act together!
  • [in my best Sisqo impression] Bump bump bump bump bump!
    **History in Spoiler**

• Yayyyyyyyyyyy! Thanks for the update, @cato99. Throwing out all the sparkly, glittery sticky dust and creepy internet hugs to your friend. So excited!
    **History in Spoiler**

• @cato99 that’s such great news!
  • becks68becks68 member
    edited May 2019
    @cato99 yey!!!! So glad for your friend, fingers crossed!!! Love me a low AMH/ high FSH (my issue) success story!!!
  • @cato99 that is amazing news for your friend!!! send her our congratulations and love. We all know those first few weeks after a positive can be filled with apprehension. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @cato99 that is such great news!!!! continued thoughts going her way. as wabash15 said, those first few weeks are so anxiety filled. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Weekly bump! :) 
    **History in Spoiler**

• @Avrilmai Has GTT happened already?

How far along are you? 27+4
    Any symptoms? Heartburn on and off, waking up all hours of the night, some insomnia, nighttime discomfort, etc.
    Rant/Rave? Not really
    Next appointment? I think the 17th
    Questions? Nope
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @suzycupcake nope it's next week. I'm not at all looking forward to it, but DH is coming with me, so at least I'll have some moral support.  

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• I’ll be thinking of you @Avrilmai and hoping it comes back negative. That’s great he can come with you!
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Weekly bump - HOW is it already the end of May??
    **History in Spoiler**

• How far along are you? 30 weeks 1 day
    Any symptoms? 
    Rant/Rave? dealing with gestational diabetes now
    Next appointment? Ob appt June 6
    Questions?

GTKY: Finishing up the mural on nursery wall and getting ready for my 1st baby shower this weekend