October 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms 4/22

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/22

• cmbt2cmbt2 member
    junebabyh said:
    I have been presenting all morning to a bunch of 8-12 year old kids for Take Your Kid To Work Day... all I have to say is teachers deserve a raise! HOW do you all deal with multiple sassy, rowdy, disrespectful, loud mouth kids (let alone teach them things)?!
    Is this a national thing? We also have this today!
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Loading the player...
  • @cmbt2 It's definitely a national thing, although if I remember correctly you and I are both in the DC area.
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    junebabyh said:
    @cmbt2 It's definitely a national thing, although if I remember correctly you and I are both in the — area.
    Ah okay, I’m not in there though my federal counter parts are. I’m in the northeast
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • I’ve never done it as a child and no one has brought there children into the office. I’m in the Midwest!
  • cmbt2 said:
    junebabyh said:
    I have been presenting all morning to a bunch of 8-12 year old kids for Take Your Kid To Work Day... all I have to say is teachers deserve a raise! HOW do you all deal with multiple sassy, rowdy, disrespectful, loud mouth kids (let alone teach them things)?!
    Is this a national thing? We also have this today!
    I think it is - my son went in today with my husband. I’m on the east coast or maybe just an east coast thing 🤷‍♀️
  • Pretty sure its national but not all companies participate. DHs did not and mine did not. But we bring our kids to work enough without a special day..... DS loves hanging out at the dealership raiding my snacks and stamping papers for me.
  • West coast here and we do take your child to work day. My company doesn’t allow them to participate until they are 9 though. I love seeing all the littles around the office! 

Sidenote there is a great, old Arrested Development episode about Bring your Daughter to Work day (the day originally was just for girls but they expanded it at some point).
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• @prpl11butterfly we have a little pizzaria in my home town 20 mins away, ugh the best. Hand tossed pizza and baked with love I SWEAR 😂 they have someone other than family operating the one in my town and the family operates the original in another town also 20 mins away. Anyway when I was preggo with DS I made my fiance get us one of my childhood favorites (that's also his and 2 of our really good friends now😂) in the big family size so I would have it for like 2 days 😂 they came to know him as "hungry pregnant girlfriend guy" 😂😂 all it is is a supreme, with added roast beef and extra cheese and take the green peppers off lol oooh it's so good though! Now I want some 😂 but it's a 45 minute wait. Same with this super good chicken place(BBY if anyone's ever seen the chicken car driving round, a guy I went to high school with bought it and travels around with it😂) they're so good and well worth the wait but some nights I want my darn chicken noooowww😂

• So kinda a random thought, but my other bump month boards we had a little thread dedicated to the older kids, just kinda to highlight them. I know we include them in the stm/ttm+ boards, but maybe like once month or so, we could add one in? It's kinda nice to see how other kiddos are taking to pregnancy/new baby and to highlight just how they're doing in general, I think! If not I totally understand, considering we are still new to each other and whatnot but thought it was a nice thing we did on the others💕

• junebabyh said:

And I'm stuck in the quote box.

Anyway: THANK YOU!I teach second grade and I often wish my husband (who makes a LOT more than me) could be a fly on the wall in one of my afternoon (always harder) classes. I think everyone who is in charge of deciding how much teachers get paid should be a sub for a week. But not just throwing on movies, actually trying to get content across!?
  • At the beginning I remember there were 1 or 2 other ladies who are fans of the British Royals. Are you still around? I can’t remember who it was..
  • DS1 has a stomach bug.  :/:# I am ALWAYS the one who has to rearrange my schedule when we have a sick kid. Today we are splitting the work day three ways--and thankfully we have local grandparents who can pitch in. But I am annoyed. And this morning when he was complaining of a tummy ache I thought he was just trying to get out of going to school so I made him eat breakfast. Oops! Got sick 2.5 seconds later. Mom of the year. 
  • @junebabyh, awww your poor little guy! Don't blame yourself for trying to call his bluff. You didn't know! I hope he feels better soon so you all can enjoy your weekend.
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    TIL measles doesn’t cross the placenta barrier. The more you know! Phew! 

(Outbreak in an area I will need to travel to in the nearish future)
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • cmbt2 said:
    (Outbreak in an area I will need to travel to in the nearish future)
    I have a work trip next week, too, to an area with an alarming number of cases as well and so I dialed up my OB before making my travel arrangements! She said not to worry at all, but that if I were concerned they could check my measles immunity status. I declined. But for anyone else worried...
  • galentine said:
    Don't blame yourself for trying to call his bluff. 
    Yeah, I thought he was having hunger pains. He's a fibber lately. :D But poor guy!
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @junebabyh sounds like you may be heading up towards me... 

i go monday for a titer draw. I need to get some inspections done but can’t until I prove immunity. I don’t have medical records from when I was little and can’t recall if I had one round of the vax or both
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • I was told I don’t have measles immunity and to avoid traveling to areas with an outbreak by my midwife. I don’t remember it being mentioned when I was pregnant with DS. Is the vaccine not effective for life or did they just forget to tell me that last time, does anyone know? 
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    I was told I don’t have measles immunity and to avoid traveling to areas with an outbreak by my midwife. I don’t remember it being mentioned when I was pregnant with DS. Is the vaccine not effective for life or did they just forget to tell me that last time, does anyone know? 
    They may not have tested the first time around. I asked and was told it isn’t something my MWs routinely test. I don’t recall being tested by my OB with DS1, either. 

The vaccine is about 90% effective (I think 94% is the exact number). In the 90s, they started doing a second round to catch those who didn’t develop immunity the first time. Somewhere around 3-4% of vaccinated individuals who had both rounds will still not develop immunity, but in general, herd immunity will protect this small percentage. They say those born prior to the institution of the two round vaccine should have titers drawn and receive a booster when needed (note- you cannot receive the booster while pregnant)

With the rapid increase of anti-vax and delayed or splitting MMR vaccines, the herd immunity is no longer there, and bam, you have an outbreak from one person contracting it overseas and spreading it upon return. 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • cmbt2 said:
    I was told I don’t have measles immunity and to avoid traveling to areas with an outbreak by my midwife. I don’t remember it being mentioned when I was pregnant with DS. Is the vaccine not effective for life or did they just forget to tell me that last time, does anyone know? 
    They may not have tested the first time around. I asked and was told it isn’t something my MWs routinely test. I don’t recall being tested by my OB with DS1, either. 

The vaccine is about 90% effective (I think 94% is the exact number). In the 90s, they started doing a second round to catch those who didn’t develop immunity the first time. Somewhere around 3-4% of vaccinated individuals who had both rounds will still not develop immunity, but in general, herd immunity will protect this small percentage. They say those born prior to the institution of the two round vaccine should have titers drawn and receive a booster when needed (note- you cannot receive the booster while pregnant)

With the rapid increase of anti-vax and delayed or splitting MMR vaccines, the herd immunity is no longer there, and bam, you have an outbreak from one person contracting it overseas and spreading it upon return. 
    I was tested early in our IF journey, as part of the routine tests. They wouldn't even move forward with the physical exams, etc. to prepare for IUI procedures until this testing was done. I didn't realize it wasn't standard but it makes sense. It's a crazy damn time we live in, when people have to worry about the freaking measles. Ugh.
  • Immunity wears off with most vaccines overtime. Being in healthcare I have been routinely tested most of my adult life. My immunity has always been good up until this year and when they did my prenatals my Measles is borderline so I will be getting a booster in the hospital after birth. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• cmbt2cmbt2 member
    cmbt2 said:

I was tested early in our IF journey, as part of the routine tests. They wouldn't even move forward with the physical exams, etc. to prepare for IUI procedures until this testing was done. I didn't realize it wasn't standard but it makes sense. It's a crazy damn time we live in, when people have to worry about the freaking measles. Ugh.
    Every day, I learn more and more about what is considered “standard.” (Surprise, not much is universal, which actually surprised me). I figured testing for all of the MMR immunity and chicken pox would be standard, but apparently not. If I remember correctly, measles was considered erradicated here for a while and now it’s back 😪 (or maybe it was mumps?)

(To elaborate though not relevant- I’ve never had my TSH checked, which others have as their standard maternity panel, and I don’t have to give urine samples until 36w [this particular one bugs me])
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • cmbt2 said:
    cmbt2 said:

Every day, I learn more and more about what is considered “standard.” (Surprise, not much is universal, which actually surprised me). I figured testing for all of the MMR immunity and chicken pox would be standard, but apparently not. If I remember correctly, measles was considered erradicated here for a while and now it’s back 😪 (or maybe it was mumps?)

(To elaborate though not relevant- I’ve never had my TSH checked, which others have as their standard maternity panel, and I don’t have to give urine samples until 36w [this particular one bugs me])
    The TSH surprises me! I thought that was "standard" because it can cause serious problems but is so easy to fix. My RE checked my TSH levels with my beta tests to confirm pregnancy. You're right, seems like very few things are actually "standard."
  • @junebabyh That's so great and what a funny world. Congrats on telling! :) Gotta be a relief for ya.
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @cmbt2 Just wanted to let you know I wish I could lovetit your response to that one off US post more than once. I do not understand people posting the genital pictures! It's so weird!!
    I really don’t understand it. I never have! Like, you (general you) are not walking up to random strangers asking if there’s a penis or vagina on your outside badly, so why are you posting an ultrasound asking the same thing??
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • cmbt2 said:
    @cmbt2 Just wanted to let you know I wish I could lovetit your response to that one off US post more than once. I do not understand people posting the genital pictures! It's so weird!!
    I really don’t understand it. I never have! Like, you (general you) are not walking up to random strangers asking if there’s a penis or vagina on your outside badly, so why are you posting an ultrasound asking the same thing??
    Exactly! It's insane.
  • @junebabyh, Ahhh how exciting about you and your boss!!
  • @cmbt2 yes thank you for that! I'm team green and don't want any clues - I have to have several high reso u/s throughout my pregnancy so I definitely don't need to know what I'm looking for! I wasn't expecting that in that thread and was caught off guard. 
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @cmbt2 yes thank you for that! I'm team green and don't want any clues - I have to have several high reso u/s throughout my pregnancy so I definitely don't need to know what I'm looking for! I wasn't expecting that in that thread and was caught off guard. 
    Just make sure you tell each tech that you don’t want to know. They’ll move the screen so you can’t see that’s part. When I do my growth scans, I don’t always have the same tech, and some don’t always look in the chart
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @meagan-t hahah that’s great! I try not to be a complete lurker, but I’m totally guilty some (most) days. I blame it partially on being a more reserved person in general and partially on my fear that stranger danger is real!

Just know that you are all super helpful and I appreciate those that keep the conversations going!
  • @sammygirl18 I also feel like I'm less active than others, but I recognize your name, so you can't be as lurky as you think.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • meagan-t said:
    This one goes out to all the lurkers on the board:
    Whoops, that's me.