October 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms 4/22

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/22

• @galentine we didn't announce with our first until almost 17/18 weeks. I kind of jumped on this because my announcement was basically the announcement I've always dreamt of (I wanted to do Easter for DS but DH was too impatient to wait 🙄). And plus also... my bump 🤷‍♀️
  • Loading the player...
  • @prpl11butterfly, I was/am? planning to wait to announce on social media until after our A/S, but there's a good chance I'll be tagged in photos in the next few weeks, and it's possible my bump would give me away. That would suck. So I'm still considering. LOL
  • @galentine I'm in the same boat as you are with the plan being to announce after the AS. My bump still isn't very pronounced, so I think I'll be able to get away with it. But if you want to get ahead of any social media speculation because of tagged photos, then post whenever you want! It's such an exciting time! :)
    @prpl11butterfly Such a great announcement photo! I love the Easter theme. <3
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @galentine With DS we waited until after the AS so we could announce the sex as well, but I thought Easter would be a cute time to announce. Anyone who only finds out info via social media will have to wait to find out the sex until babe is born this time. I could post again but we don’t post much about our kids on social to begin with 
  • jenferlee82jenferlee82 member
    edited April 2019
    @galentine When are you guys planning to announce?

ETA: Nevermind, I should have refreshed. :)
  • @elle-0409, my bump isn't very pronounced yet either. It might just be wishful thinking that my bump would give me away. I actually feel like my bump has disappeared over the past 3 or 4 days. Is this a thing?? Does this happen to anyone else? Like I woke up this morning and my bump was just.... missing 😳
  • @galentine Lol! I know exactly what you mean. That was me last week so I googled it and it appears to be totally normal. All of the bloat is gone so it's just baby (and in my case biscuits) at this point. It will pop in the coming weeks. I feel like I look more pregnant for sure now and am using the hair tie trick on all of my pants. Still a long way off on maternity wear though...
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• We did an Easter announcement with DS. A yellow egg with my birthday, a blue egg with DH's birthday, and a green egg with the due date. This year, I sent an announcement to my family, but I think we're going to skip the big FB post this time. All the important people already know, and I don't really care to do a big thing for the people I'm "friends" with, but never actually interact with anymore. Eventually, I'll just show up with a bump in some pictures, or a baby in the fall!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @elle-0409 I’m wearing maternity pants to work for the first time today. I’m definitely still in the awkward bloat/too much ice cream phase, but my other pants were getting really tight and these are so much more comfortable. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @elle-0409, I am still mostly getting by with the hair tie trick too, and have been using the bella band thingies to keep my pants up/cover the gaping hole that is my unzipped fly. 😂 Or else I'm just wearing flowy sundresses. I don't NEED maternity wear yet, but let me tell you, when I do wear it, it's sooo comfy! 
  • @galentine and @elle-0409 I can still fit in my regular pants but there is NO way I can button them.  I got tired of my butt falling out of my pants every time I sat down using the hair tie and/or belly band.  Plus Maternity pants are so comfy!!  I also have a mysterious missing bump some days.  Yesterday and today it seems to be barely there. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
  • elle-0409elle-0409 member
    edited April 2019
    Update: I just looked in the mirror and was like, "Boy, I'm round!" My problem is that I've been thinking that I look huge and then everyone says, "Oh! I can tell it's your first because you're not even showing yet!" I have such a warped sense of whether or not I'm showing now. Like, yes? Maybe? Not at all?
    @greenbean-2 Yay for maternity pants!
    @galentine I still don't have a Bella Band. I should probably get one this week. Do you like it?
    ETA tag
    @emily1052 Ah, the mysterious bump. I never know what it's going to look like from day to day, LOL! Do you have a favorite brand of maternity pants?
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022

• My bump disappeared for most of last week, then I woke up this morning with a brand new looking bump. LOL. Very strange things happening right now!
  • @elle-0409 I have a really warped sense too. My belly is super obvious to me, and when we announced to a close friend over the weekend, she said she was wondering when she first saw me that day.  But I feel like a random person who doesn’t know what I normally look like would think this is just the way my body looks or that I had an especially big lunch. Then there are times when a random stranger says something that I interpret to be about my pregnancy and I’m thinking “do I look 6 months pregnant or something???” because it must be really obvious for a stranger to say something. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @elle-0409 my mother gave me a gift card to Motherhood so I bought 4 pairs of work pants there.  The fit is great, spot on for my “pre-pregnancy” size, and good quality material.  I also bought some jeans from Target and they are perfect.  
  • @elle-0409, I bought this 3-pack of belly bands on Amazon and really like them. They have a silicone ring around the bottom so they stick in place to the pants they are holding up 😊 I'm usually a size 4-6, and the size small has been perfect.

Womens Maternity Band Seamless 3 Pack Everyday Support Bands for Pregnancy Black,White,Grey M https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01MECLXCO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_-PCVCbNTW17B7
  • galentine said:
    @elle-0409, I bought this 3-pack of belly bands on Amazon and really like them. They have a silicone ring around the bottom so they stick in place to the pants they are holding up 😊 I'm usually a size 4-6, and the size small has been perfect.

Those are the same exact ones I got but size medium (usually a size 6-8).  I think I should have got a smaller size because they can cover from below my butt to over my boobs. 😂 Hopefully they’ll work better once I get a bigger bump.
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    emily1052 said:
    galentine said:
    @elle-0409, I bought this 3-pack of belly bands on Amazon and really like them. They have a silicone ring around the bottom so they stick in place to the pants they are holding up 😊 I'm usually a size 4-6, and the size small has been perfect.

Those are the same exact ones I got but size medium (usually a size 6-8).  I think I should have got a smaller size because they can cover from below my butt to over my boobs. 😂 Hopefully they’ll work better once I get a bigger bump.
    Fold them in half. 

I cant stand the full panel on anything so I fold all the things down. 

I also discovered that motherhood makes extenders for your waist band, so I switched to those this time and wear a belt to help hold up my pants 🙈
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Got fooled by an old April Fool's fake scratcher today. Blame it on the pregnancy brain.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @emily1052, sometimes I fold them in half, depending on what I'm wearing. That works so it's not like, a giant pregnancy tube top 😂
  • i just did the math on what it is going to cost us to have both kids in daycare (DD will also be going up to 4 days a week from 3 days). Holy shit. I want to vomit. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @cmbt2 I saw those extenders but didn’t know if they’d be worth the money!  Thanks for the tip, I may have to pick one up.
  • @longhairdntcare re: daycare costs. I know, me too. I also realized that because of school cutoffs (Sept 1 here) an October baby means an extra year of daycare costs 😢
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • i just did the math on what it is going to cost us to have both kids in daycare (DD will also be going up to 4 days a week from 3 days). Holy shit. I want to vomit. 
    @longhairdntcare, this is my first, but I had a similar moment when working on a daycare budget. The daycares we are looking at are around $1k per month. Which.... WOW. That's a lot of money!! But somehow when I was looking at the price sheet, I misread it and thought it said $1000 PER WEEK. I was legit panicking until my H calmed me down. I can blame pregnancy brain for the confusion, right?! 😂
  • @longhairdntcare re: daycare costs. I know, me too. I also realized that because of school cutoffs (Sept 1 here) an October baby means an extra year of daycare costs 😢
    UGHHH I hadn't even thought of that. I think ours is Sept 30 so maybe tiny chance we could make the cutoff. lol Probs a long shot though.  
  • edited April 2019
    @galentine yep - ours are over $1k/mo for full time. So insane. $1000 a week though haha THANK GOD that is not a reality here. I am sure someone from DC or NY or Cali will pop in here and say theirs legit are that much. IDK how people work and have kids in places where it's that expensive. It is just sad. 
  • greenbean-2greenbean-2 member
    edited April 2019
    @longhairdntcare Close to DC here (couldn’t resist since you asked...) - not quite $1000/week but 2 kids comes close to that. 😭😭😭
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    I’ll be paying over $3k a month once this one starts daycare. 😪 I think we’re currently at just over $2k for two. Both my boys will be 5 when they start K, but since we have a late cut off, DD will go in at age 4.  I’m already counting down to no more in daycare 🙈
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    emily1052 said:
    @cmbt2 I saw those extenders but didn’t know if they’d be worth the money!  Thanks for the tip, I may have to pick one up.
    The pack isn’t, IMO. It comes with 4 extenders. 2 sizes with one button and one slide each. I really only need the button one, so $20 to just use one is very meh to me. I didn’t realize it was this way until I opened it 🤦🏼‍♀️
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    I will say we have a credit card that gives 2% back to a 529 account. I throw daycare and every day expenses on that— at this rate, college will be paid for 😂
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • cmbt2 said:
    emily1052 said:
    @cmbt2 I saw those extenders but didn’t know if they’d be worth the money!  Thanks for the tip, I may have to pick one up.
    The pack isn’t, IMO. It comes with 4 extenders. 2 sizes with one button and one slide each. I really only need the button one, so $20 to just use one is very meh to me. I didn’t realize it was this way until I opened it 🤦🏼‍♀️
    I agree with this. I bought the full pack and ended up using one of them too. Kind of a waste. Of course, I also switched to maternity pants at week 12 and haven't looked back, because I found them so much more comfortable than stretching my regular pants.
  • cmbt2 said:
    I will say we have a credit card that gives 2% back to a 529 account. I throw daycare and every day expenses on that— at this rate, college will be paid for 😂
    The daycare we are leaning toward requires payment via ACH, which I totally understand from the business perspective  but I am irrationally annoyed at all the credit card cash back we'll miss out on!!!
  • @greenbean-2 @longhairdntcare Does your state offer transitional kindergarten? I live in CA and the age cutoff is September 1, but if your child was born from Sept 2 through Dec 2nd, they qualify for TK, which is basically an extra year of kindergarten for the kids and since it's run through the school, it's free! My DS was born 9/17 so he will get two years of kindergarten rather than one. 
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• @stephanie123456 I’ve never heard of that! I’ll look into it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    cmbt2 said:
    emily1052 said:
    I agree with this. I bought the full pack and ended up using one of them too. Kind of a waste. Of course, I also switched to maternity pants at week 12 and haven't looked back, because I found them so much more comfortable than stretching my regular pants.
    I’m wearing my “fat pants,” which are actually a size large enough than my pre-pregnancy pants and the ones i wear in the interim after baby until I drop the remaining weight 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • So I've been having these awful headaches the past few weeks - I basically get one every other day it seems. They range from bad to really, really bad. Anyway, I went to my 16 week appointment on Friday, and my OB told me to take Excedrin Migraine. He also prescribed some migraine medicine but said to use the Excedrin for the "every day ones". I looked it up and it's a class C though, so I'm not really comfortable taking it. He acted like it was no big deal to take it though, so I'm so confused! And meanwhile I have an awful headache yet again today.

Oh AND I asked him if it could be related to my pituitary tumor since I'm getting them so frequently. He said, "well your endocrinologist said not to worry about the tumor unless you had symptoms." I said "Are headaches a symptom?" He said, "Oh yes, I guess they are. We can check your prolactin levels to see if they are doing anything wacky." Then he forgot to order the lab work so now I have to go back this week!

Ugh. Sorry for the rant - it's Monday and my head hurts and I'm grumpy. I feel a little better having ranted though!

• cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @jenferlee82 most drugs are class C, TBH. Most doctors that aren’t anti-meds will tell you to go ahead and take it because the slightly risk is outweighed by the benefit. It’s unethical to test on pregnant women, so they really can’t do the studies needed to move them to class B
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~