October 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 4/15

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/15

• Options
    We filed ours a while ago, but haven't actually paid yet... I've never paid before so I'm not even sure how that works 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    nnaelilak said:
    We filed ours a while ago, but haven't actually paid yet... I've never paid before so I'm not even sure how that works 😂
    Make sure you pay under the name who’s social is the first one. We made that mistake a couple years ago and got a late notice 🙄
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    Happy Patriot’s Day, Boston! UO for
    your Monday- This was always my favorite day to work because there was NO traffic either way. 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    cmbt2 said:
    nnaelilak said:
    Make sure you pay under the name who’s social is the first one. We made that mistake a couple years ago and got a late notice 🙄
    Well crap. I just paid ours this morning and put it under my name even though the accountant had DH listed first. Didn't even think about it - I usually do ours myself so am used to being primary. DH insisted we hire an accountant this year, just so that accountant could tell us the exact same outcome I had already reached using my free software, and charge us $250 for it. I just had to laugh!
    Just be prepared for a late notice. It’s an easy fix and they waive the fee once you call. At least, they did for us. Just keep the confirmation number. When we called, they said it happens all the time. For some reason, the system only matches payment to the first SSN but they can manually fix it. This was two years ago, though, so maybe the fixed it 🤷🏼‍♀️
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    Thanks @cmbt2! Glad to hear it's an easy fix.
  • Options
    @stephanie123456 Congrats on your sweet girl!
  • Options
    I woke up this morning and have a cold.  Pretty sure I caught it from DH who said it was just allergies 😭 I stayed home from work today and hoping I feel better tomorrow.  
  • Options
    @emily1052, sending you all my healing vibes! I have had a cold for over a week now, and it's the woooooorst. I can't take much for relief, and it's just hanging around forever. I sincerely hope yours isn't as bad!!
  • Options
    @emily1052 I’m sorry I hope you feel better quickly 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    galentine said:
    @emily1052, sending you all my healing vibes! I have had a cold for over a week now, and it's the woooooorst. I can't take much for relief, and it's just hanging around forever. I sincerely hope yours isn't as bad!!
    I thought of you when I got up feeling like this, knowing you’ve been feeling crappy.  I know we can take Benadryl to help dry it up but what else, if anything, have you been taking to help?
  • Options
    Anyone else having issues with their hips going numb. For me it’s specifically my right hip. Last night I wasn’t even laying on it but when I turned to my back it was numb and then tingling for a good 30 minutes. Statica maybe idk
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @emily1052, I took tylenol pretty regularly the first couple days for headache, sore throat, and to prevent a hypothetical fever. And I have been taking tylenol PM at night for the same reasons and to help me sleep. Other than that, I haven't taken any for congestion or cough. Just cough drops.

If you have a humidifier, running that should help too.
  • Options
    galentine said:
    @emily1052, I took tylenol pretty regularly the first couple days for headache, sore throat, and to prevent a hypothetical fever. And I have been taking tylenol PM at night for the same reasons and to help me sleep. Other than that, I haven't taken any for congestion or cough. Just cough drops.

If you have a humidifier, running that should help too.
    I'm sorry you ladies are sick! It's so miserable when you can't take the "good stuff" for relief. When I had my bronchitis a while back, my OB told me I could take Robitussin as long as it was just regular. I used it a few times when the coughing was at its worst and it really did help.
  • Options
    +1 for finishing taxes last night! We had them done and went in to sign them.

@jenferlee82 I made us get them done professionally this year too. We usually do them ourselves but when we plugged them into the software this year and saw how much we were going to have to pay, I wanted a second opinion. Unfortunately it was a similar outcome. 

I usually get them in plenty early, but seeing how much we owed had me avoiding them!

With the Boston marathon going on, my coworker started talking about beer miles, which led to talking about doing it with eggnog instead of beer. Turns out my stomach is still not back to normal. 
  • Options
    @sammygirl18 That sounds so nasty 🤢 
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat I have that happening too.  My OB says it’s totally normal so I haven’t given it much more thought.  

@galentine and @jenferlee82 thanks for the tips!  
  • Options
    junebabyh said:
    Did anyone already post about the GoT premiere?? I am usually asleep by 9 these days, but I was wide awake last night and glued to the TV.
    Same here but had to stay up and watch the premiere!  😴 Could have totally went to bed early and watched it tonight since there doesn’t seem to be any spoilers from last night and I thought it was pretty uneventful. I feel like they always start off so slow, I guess to set the stage but I know it will get better. 
  • Options
    @jal88144 Agree! It's usually a recap of sorts on the first episode, BUT it's been so damn long that I was so excited to be watching it again. DH literally sits on the edge of his seat when watching, and last night moved closer to the floor like a kid half way through.  :D

• Options
    @greenbean-2 totally acceptable request! I usually can’t watch the same day either and avoid media and fans at all costs the next day lol. 
  • Options
    Another vote for no GOT talk in the main chat. I always have to watch later.

Also, I have a huge pimple growing inside my nose and it really hurts.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Eeek! @greenbean-2 So sorry! I didn't see your request when I responded to @jal88144. Totally reasonable, but please also know that I would never dream of posting spoilers! And honestly, there will be nights that I will be catching up on Monday or Tuesday as well. :)
  • Options
    Small request - if people want to post about GoT can we do a separate thread? I’m never going to be able to watch Sunday nights and I don’t want to accidentally see a spoiler!
    I second the separate thread comment but because I don’t watch and I’m already sick of seeing people post about it on social media 😶
    Same 😬😂
  • Options
    We had to file an extension. This is the first time I've not had my taxes done by the end of Feb. 

A company my hubs and I worked for went out of business. Needless to say we never got our W2s. All the contact information we had for the biz, the owner, payroll, etc, don't work. They moved out of the old office space. The payroll company said they mailed them to that address...and W2s don't get forwarded. 

Called the IRS and they basically said the information won't be available to them (to give to us) until the middle of May. 
    They suggested we guesstimate but my hubs was straight commission so figuring out what he paid in taxes is a crap shoot. 
    We never got our last paystubs either so we can't even use that. 

It's been a straight clusterfuck since September. 
    TTC #1 6/2011
    BFP #1 10/2012
    DS#1 born 6/2013

TTC#2 12/2013
    BFP#2 2/2019
    TWINS Baby Girl due October 20th, 2019.
       BabyGaga

• Options
    @nachellebeck13 What a headache! 
  • Options
    @cmbt2 so cute!! DD keeps telling me “baby brother will be here in a few minutes”. I love kid brains! 

Yesterday I showed up to daycare and it was closed (all week) and I had NO idea. Luckily my angel of a babysitter was able to meet us at home so I still got to work, 2 hours late. What a headache. H is staying home with DD today thankfully, but oy. Not ideal!!