April 2019 Moms

Mid-April check-in

Due date or birth date: 

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? 

For those still waiting for baby: Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? 

For those who have already delivered: What do you feel was the most important prep thing you did for baby?

Re: Mid-April check-in

• Loading the player...
  • Due date or birth date: 4/26, 38w3d

Rants/Raves? Just a bit tired of everyone talking about the baby. I’m excited too, but I feel a little invisible to everyone but DH right now.

How are you feeling? @tmblickley nailed it. Okay, all things considered, but ready for the baby to show up.

For those still waiting for baby: Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Did a another big grocery run, finished a few little ‘could put these off forever’ house chores. Not much left to do, really. Vacuum again? I did laugh out loud when DH asked on Friday if we had thought about buying a diaper bag. Hun, it’s upstairs and I already showed it to you online and in person.

• Due date or birth date: due 4/23 but induction tomorrow at 10pm!

Rants/Raves? I’m super super annoyed that my induction was scheduled out so far but happy that I’m finally almost done  

How are you feeling? DONE. Lol. Super sore and tired, think I finally ran out of energy.

For those still waiting for baby: Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? DH has been finalizing cleaning and organizing and I’ve been dealing mostly with mass amounts of baby clothes fresh from the laundry. I pretty much got 90% of the stuff done before my body finally quit nesting hardcore in favor of exhaustion. 

this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Good luck to all you lovely ladies this week! I hope a see a few more birth announcements ASAP  :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Due date or birth date: 4/17, induction by 4/24

Rants/Raves? Rant: Why is the baby still in there? Rave: DH does pretty much everything with DD and cooking etc when he is home on the weekend. Plus his 2 weeks unpaid paternity leave is gonna be extended a bit by Easter long weekend, unless baby comes before then.

How are you feeling? Like a giant tired slug the last few days! This is now 3 weeks longer than I was pregnant last time. 

For those still waiting for baby: Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? I cleaned the bathrooms and swept and mopped, in hope that some minor nesting might kick start labour. Nope.

• Due date or birth date: April 16

Rants/Raves?  Come on baby, let's go. Times up.

How are you feeling? Large and not at all in charge. I've just been hanging on the couch for weeks.

For those still waiting for baby: Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? 

Cleaned the whole house a couple of times over.... Nesting did not lead to labor...

• Due date or birth date: April 22

Rants/Raves? I’m so uncomfortable 😣 my doula is out of town until Wednesday night though, so I would be fine if baby hung out inside until Thursday  

How are you feeling? Sad because of Notre Dame. Ready for baby. Painful nerve pain in back and pelvis.

For those still waiting for baby: Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? I knit a hat, cleaned the pantry and put together the floor bouncer chair thing... rested? 

For those who have already delivered: What do you feel was the most important prep thing you did for baby? With dd1 I think it was learning about stuff before baby so we already had ideas of what was happening after baby. This time I think the cloth diapers being prepped will be what was  really important, but baby is still cooking. 

• Due date or birth date: 4/28

Rants/Raves? Hormones are crazy and had a blue day on Sunday. My husband was super supportive and I had a good cry all over him (poor guy). And he reassured me we’ve done everything and it’s ok. Feeling better today. 

How are you feeling? Huge, like I’m in my own way 😂. 

For those still waiting for baby: Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Bought some labor snacks. And a few fun treats for myself like coconut Noosa yogurt to eat in a yummy tropical fruit salad! I usually do non fat Greek plain Greek so this is indulging! 

For those who have already delivered: What do you feel was the most important prep thing you did for baby?

• EDD 4/26 but induction scheduled 4/19 due to GD. 

Rant: I keep getting constant ads for a local custard place AND ads for Talenti’s new layered gelato. Stop torturing me! At least there’s only a few more days left and I will soon be able to eat again. It’s what’s getting me through these last few days with GD. 

Rave: my mom is here as of yesterday, so she’s absorbing toddler energy and letting me get some naps. 

Feeling: pretty content actually. Even though I am so done, I’m also fine with knowing there’s an end date in sight and I’m feeling prepared. Mostly. I think what I need to work on mentally is the chance of things not going according to birth plan. I’m such a planner that if things go differently I’ll have to let it go. With DD I didn’t have many expectations. This time I do. 😬 

The only thing left to do is install the baby car seat. Maybe order some more groceries. Vacuum my house. I’ve pretty well nested. 
  • Due date or birth date: 4/19

Rave: I watched a few natural hospital birth videos today ( from the Mama Natural website) and they were really inspiring! They put me in a really calm and centered mood, which is wonderful as I've been feeling quite anxious the last 2 days. 

How are you feeling? Well, I was convinced this baby was going to come early ( just had a feeling, plus ongoing cramping for the last 2 weeks) but no significant signs yet. However, this morning my pelvis was extra sore and my cramping has really picked up since being more active and cleaning this afternoon. I'm not feeling any pattern, but my OB said cramps are still considered contractions, so.... 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Just packed some hospital snacks, vacuumed and steam cleaned the floors....for the third time in a week. This nesting is no joke! 😂😂

• Due date or birth date: 
    4/9 (due date and birth date)

Rants/Raves? 

Raves: I’m loving how well both DD(5.5) and DS(3) have adjusted to having a new sibling. They both are so sweet and gentle with her.

Rants: My BIL and SIL (who live 2min from us) haven’t seen their new niece or even sent a congrats text. But 2 weeks ago SILs sister had a baby and she posted a huge post about her son meeting  his new cousin. It’s really hurtful to me and makes me not want to go to Easter and have them use that to meet her.

How are you feeling? 

Tired lol. Baby girl is doing awesome nursing but definitely has days and nights mixed up. So grateful my mom is here to help with the other kids and let me rest when I need UTI

Preparing my older kids for baby. DD I wasn’t too worried about but DS being 3 and on the wild side and 110% mommas boy....worried me. Two weeks before due date I started having daily conversation with DS about being gentle with baby and practicing with a baby doll. He’s so sweet now and likes to help change her diaper and clothes. And he snuggles next to me while nursing too

• Due date 4/30 arrived 4/15! 

Raves, oh my god we have a baby! 

Rant, and the house is a mess! Never thought my first would come 2 weeks early. 

Feeling, excited and exhausted. I’m having a little trouble with breast feeding colostrum. Just started supplementing because baby’s sugars were low. They are stable now but they want us to stay the second night for monitoring. I was hoping to breast feed and hoping I still can but I’ve had a weird feeling all along I might struggle. 

Mostly prepared but we obviously had a few more things to do, but glad we had most of it done, I felt more prepared than I thought. 
  • Due date or birth date: 4/11 getting induced tonight!

Rants/Raves? Soooooo over being overdue... and let me tell you, daily "Have a baby yet?" texts aren't in any way helpful!

How are you feeling? Exhausted, sore, done.

For those still waiting for baby: Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Well, spent Monday and Tuesday at the hospital for monitoring / testing / setting up induction plan? Does that count?

• @Kflanders24 I second going to see a lactation consultant. Our hospital actually has a breastfeeding support group that meets once a week and is lead by a LC. So perhaps look into one near you. Also once your milk comes in it makes a difference. My baby girl was boarder line losing too much weight until my milk came in on Day5. So be patience momma, you’re doing great!
  • @Kflanders24 a fed baby whether its breastmilk or formula is all that matters. 

I struggled with DD for weeks because my milk didn't come in til day 5 or 6, and DD was ravenous so she latched pretty hard...earned her the nickname Gremlin. We supplemented for a week and I added some pumpings between feedings.  Eventually we figured it out but my hospital breastfeeding support group was also helpful.
  • Due date or birth date: Born 3/31

Rants/Raves? Hard to believe she's already 3 weeks old! 

How are you feeling? Tired, but otherwise good. It's been a wild adjustment as a FTM but so far it's everything I could have hoped for; I am really enjoying being a mom. 

For those who have already delivered: What do you feel was the most important prep thing you did for baby? Stockpiling supplies like diapers and wipes! It's been hugely helpful to not need to run to the store for things. 

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19