August 2019 Moms

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’ve spent most of the morning looking at vacation destinations for early summer. And staring out the window. I bust my ass when needed and I deserve a slow day, right?!?
  • Options
    hemlheml member
    @thirdtimesacharm2019 My favorite distraction from work is def looking at vacation destinations and planning vacations 
  • Options
    Passover vacation starts in 1 week! Not sure anything is getting done in that week...
  • Options
    @jrm_14 I usually wash my hair with the handsprayer in the tub if im really lazy, but that involves bending over more than the sink. I will admit, I didnt do a very good job of it in the sink! I really just did my roots (aka the greasy spots) and called it good enough.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    @jrm_14 I use tap water for a ton of things - of course where you live could make a huge difference. However, unless you have a legit water filtration system in your home (like RO) it doesn’t matter much - standard refrigerator filters do virtually nothing. I worked in the appliance industry for many years and it’s sadly true - but hey they sure sell!

we are going to install a true filtration system on our kitchen faucet for everyday drinking but Im not in a huge hurry.
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    I guess my FFFC could be in heavily considering getting my 2 year old a Kindle. Her brothers have them. She already kind of know how to work it. And she like to steal the ones from her brothers. And I'm over the screaming on all sides 
  • Options
    Also, I am ashamed but I am having taco bell for lunch. I sat here for an hour from 12-1 debating what I wanted, almost had my fave place delivered but the charge was NINE dollars. Nope. So I went to get chipotle, but the parking lot was too busy so I swung into taco bell for a couple chicken quesadillas. This is so far from food but holy goodness, it is just what I needed today. No Uber necessary 
  • Options
    mkrelmkrel member
    @lilmamabebe3 Why are you ashamed about having taco bell? I love taco bell!
    @Beauxbaton My 22 month old already has her own kindle.  She broke one of ours and we use it for the car and vacations.  Lately I have also been letting her watch it at night if my husband is going to be late.

• Options
    @mkrel the food shame! I feel terrible and I know it's all my fault lol.

I guess a real confession is that our 6 year old has his own phone, kind of. It's my iPhone 6s and it has no texting or calling capability, and he can only use it on WiFi (although he figured out what a fucking hotspot is and if he sneaks his phone in his pocket in the car we hear, "Do the hotspot! Do the hotspot please!" the entire GD car ride) but he uses it for games. 

I work at a company that created apps for kids and it was initially for that but now he has all kinds of bullshit games on there and I really don't care. It has a 20 minute limit on it and he can't download anything without my password, which he does not have despite his many efforts. But yes, he has his very own rose gold iPhone. 
  • Options
    Wait...people use filtered water to cook?
    I mean...I use tap water for everything. But I've never heard of city folk using filtered water for cooking!
  • Options
    @Beauxbaton my FFFC is that we got DD a kindle when she was 2 but DH and I couldn't really figure out how to use it and hated the interface, so at 4 she got a brand new iPad because my hand-me-down iPad was so old it wasn't really working anymore. 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We bought a kindle for DD2 before she born. There was a BOGO sale on prime day that year and we were going to get DD1 one (so she would stop stealing ours). DD1 was just over 2 when she got her own. She was already an expert at it because she had been stealing ours since she was about 16 months old.

She gets to use her Kindle a few evenings a week. We have her do 15 minutes of ABC mouse then she gets 15 minutes of free play. She almost always watches cooking videos lol.

FFFC: I dont have a problem with young children learning technology. Both DH and I are in the tech industry and see it as an advantage that they grow up with electronics integrated. However, they WILL NOT joint social media until they are older and I will not buy them a smart phone until they are older...I didnt have a phone until I was driving (so 16) and I think my kids can hold off a smart phone until then. They will probably have a cheap pay as you go phone once they are doing more independent activities and need a way to call us. Maybe 10ish. IDK yet.

• Options
    Last weekend, I had two mocha frappes and a sushi date night. Oh and I had a sip of my husband’s beer. Just a tiny sip. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    I didn't have a cellphone until 3rd year university (2010) when I was 20 years old lol. Most of my friends got them in grade 10. I was the last person I knew to get a cell phone.

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    I spent the last half hour digging into my enneagram type, because I'm currently obsessed with enneagrams. I'm a six, and am always embarrassed by it. 
  • Options
    @oklahomak im a type 1 and what is says is basically 100% true.

• Options
    @chillycanadian Yes, he fills every last effing pot with filtered water, even to boil pasta. He’s grossed out by a ridiculous story he was told about the water treatment plant in our town & ever since freaks out about tap water 🙄
  • Options
    @sourlemon It's fascinating to me how many people think their type is so accurate. Mine (6w5) definitely is, I just don't like to claim it. Are you a 1w9 or 1w2?
  • Options
    sourlemonsourlemon member
    edited April 2019
    @oklahomak it leaned just barely towards 1w9 but it was essentially a toss-up. Like one question made the difference (mainly that im not very caring), so definitely not a strong wing. But there's no doubt in the 1.

• Options
    @chillycanadian I’ve completely let myself go this pregnancy. I’m actually looking forward to being put together again after maternity leave, but for now if it’s clean and it fits I’ll wear it. I always wore hose to work and no open toed shoes (my preference, not policy), but that has gone out the window this week because they started cutting into my calves. And I’ve taken waaaay too many lazy days with my hair, but I just don’t have the motivation to spend a lot of time getting ready. I feel justified because I’m growing a person, also I barely sleep. 
  • Options
    EmilyA724EmilyA724 member
    edited April 2019
    @oklahomak I’m a 5 (I’m pretty sure it was 5w4). So you know your Myers Briggs? Do they align?

@Allycat11 I feel you so hard on the cat thing. DH and I got a cat for the exact same reason - we wanted a pet, but weren’t ready for dogs. Then another cat followed us home one day and we ended up with two cats. Once we got dogs, we realized just how much we weren’t cat people. One of our cats died suddenly last year, and as sad as we were, are our lives easier at least being down to one? Yes. Our second cat is also much happier being the only one and doesn’t pee outside the litter box any more. I look forward to being a no cat/no litter box house.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So I had to go look up this enneagram thing. I’m a 6w5.  Most of the 6 part rings true.  Trying to figure out the w5 part. 
  • Options
    @purplg8r Where did you take the test? I took a free one and it said 5 or 8; up to you to decide. Then I realized the institute offers one for $12. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    That was a fun test to take! Mine was a tossup between 2 and 3, so likely either 2w3 or 3w2. That feels about right. I also scored high on 1 and less so 4 so I’m clustered on that end. 
  • Options
    @EmilyA724 it makes me feel better that I am not the only one who was relieved by something like that. Although our cat randomly showed up at 5 am today...after being gone an entire week.  I was like, "DUDE what did you do for the past 7 days?!?!" 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    aecmaecm member
    If you’re horrible person, @chillycanadian, then I am too. I spent a bit of time working in trauma, and I often felt the same way. You shot yourself while running away from cops while high on meth? I don’t feel bad for you. You crashed your moped while high and drunk, with your kid riding on the back? I feel horrible for your kid, but not bad at all for you. I could go on and on. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Well thank you @aecm! Sometimes I wonder if my job desensitized me too much/made me cynical, or just opened my eyes to reality.

I agree 100% with both your examples!
  • Options
    @chillycanadian, @aecm 100% agreed. I don’t feel bad for anyone who is the victim of their own bad decisions. Unfortunately, it almost always impacts other people and that’s where I start caring. 

Along the same lines FFSC: I used to think I wasn’t better than anyone. But I am better than people who don’t try to improve their situation. Everyone who gets up and goes to work is equal in my mind (whether you are a CEO or garbage man), but when you are able bodied and don’t even try to work - that’s the people I have a problem with. And to clarify, “work” can also mean taking care of children and supporting a spouse with a traditional job (anything but looking for a handout). 
  • Options
    @suzycupcake I just googled it and chose a random link lol
  • Options
    @EmilyA724 I'm an INFJ with MB. They're similar, but I think it's typically 4s who are more likely to be INFJs? It seems the INFJ description is me at my personal best and reflects my values, whereas my enneagram is more descriptive of my day-to-day self. What's yours? 

@purplg8r Enneagram twins! Did you find somewhere with a good description of your 5 wing? I follow several enneagram accounts on Insta - happy to share if anyone else is interested. 

• Options
    @chillycanadian Drunk/drugged driving makes me so ragey. You do not deserve to take that gamble with everyone else's life on the road! There are people out there innocently going about their lives, and you are like a loose cannon just waiting for someone to wreck. Ugh. 

There is apparently an older guy at DH's work who keeps an iced down cooler of beer in the back of his truck, and stays drunk at all times. Like, has one on lunch and another 1-3 before driving home at the end of the day. And NO ONE REPORTS HIM. All the rage. Call in a tip, man. Seriously. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!