November 2019 Moms

Sex announcement thread

Re: Sex announcement thread

• ChelK3ChelK3 member
    I just realized there is a post about that test specifically that I should have posted this in. I read through that and I understand moreso why so many women opt for the test despite the high price! I hope it didn't come across as offensive for me to ask why you all are deciding to get the test done! 
  • @ChelK3 my doctor offered it to me and last time I turned it down bc my insurance doesn't pay for it. *TW I had an early second trimester MC and wished I had gotten it just so I would have the information about chromosomal abnormalities. We ended up doing genetic testing after I delivered our angel baby and it was 3 times as expensive as the NIPT would have been (not the price the natera company offers you but the price you would pay without their special offer). End TW.*  

So this time I'm getting it just so I have all the information up front. I don't want any surprises. I wouldn't abort for any reason so that isn't even a factor for me getting the test. 
  • Loading the player...
  • ChelK3ChelK3 member
    @emeraldcity1214 thank you for your perspective, that makes complete sense! 
  • JBos82JBos82 member
    edited May 2019
    @ChelK3 I had a high risk pregnancy with my first for DS - they offered it, but I was pretty far along when they did, so I didn’t bother that time. I had it with my second because of the previous test and because I’d be 35 at delivery. This time I just straight up asked for it and I think between my age (37) and history they were going to do it anyway. I don’t recall paying anything last time and they didn’t mention cost this time, either.

Edit: Just want to edit to say, we wouldn’t have done anything if we did have DS the first time, the test would have been more for peace of mind of knowing one way or the other, but my scans didn’t really show anything so we decided it wasn’t necessary. But just having had that one random high risk factor, my age, and medications I’ve been on this time around, I just want to make sure everything is okay. Thankfully it was, and gender was a bonus!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ChelK3ChelK3 member
    @JBos82 yeah, my Dr. Mentioned that insurance would cover it if you have risk factors. I just thought it was strange how I brought it up to my Dr. And she seemed completely thrown off that I was even interested. 
  • @ChelK3 My doctor recommended but it was because I'm over 35.
  • @Dancer6978, Congrats!!!!! That is so awesome! 

• my original guess.... BOY 
    Was correct
    Unfortunately the NIPTs test revealed a severe disorder trisomy 13
    My journey maybe coming to an end but congrats to all the November moms

• @secretdreamer I'm so sorry your NIPT came back as abnormal. Will you do further testing to confirm? 
  • @secretdreamer I’m sorry for the results of your NIPT. Lots of hugs 🤗 
  • JBos82JBos82 member
    @secretdreamer Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry. 😔 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @secretdreamer I'm really sorry, that is so stressful. I do hope, like others have said, that the doctor recommended further testing, especially since NIPT isn't a diagnostic tool. I know in the October board several got rough news with NIPT and further testing helped. Thinking of you!
  • @secretdreamer I’m so sorry about the NIPT result. Hugs. 
  • @emeraldcity1214, @ameliabird811, @JBos82, @runningfortwo81, @creamcheeseplease

Yes, so far I did the CVS test, waiting on results....
  • @secretdreamer I just went and read through the Oct NIPT result thread and if you haven't, you should. One of the stories started out with really bad NIPT results and then everything was cleared and baby is normal. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Hopefully everything is fine and you just happen to get a false positive. 
  • @secretdreamer saying a prayer for your baby and for you/your H as you wait for the CVS results!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @secretdreamer Praying for your sweet boy.
  • @secretdreamer, Sorry to hear about your NIPS results. Sending prayers to you and your family. Praying for good CVS results. 
  • Went to an early ultrasound place yesterday and found out we are having our 3rd boy. I’m happy and sad at the same time. We did get the results back from the NIPT and everything was negative so I am so grateful for a healthy baby. I just don’t know how to tell my oldest because he wanted a baby sister so bad....and I’m freaking out because I don’t have any boy names I like at all! I hope when he time comes we will find a name we love. 
  • JhattJhatt member
    I’m so sorry to hear that. We lost our baby girl back in December due to a genetic disorder, Jacobsens Syndrome, found out through NIPT and CVS. I know exactly what you are going through, and you’re not alone. Praying it is a false positive! Even though I am praising God for a healthy rainbow baby girl this time around, it certainly doesn’t take the pain away from losing my first girl. I’m here if you want to talk, vent, cry, or scream. Don’t give up hope. 💗 I strongly encourage you to join a support group on FB for that Trisomy. Google is SCARY and it was really helpful for me to talk to other moms going through the same thing as me. 
  • mc0303mc0303 member
    @emeraldcity1214 awww congrats on the little boy!! 🥰
  • @gumby22c That's so exciting! Congratulations on team pink!!
  • Thank you @emeraldcity1214! I didnt realize how much I really wanted a girl until the tech told me and I started crying. I would have been happy with team blue again, but knowing this might be our last baby made it that much more emotional finding out it was a girl.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @gumby22c so exciting!

@perfectoops congrats!
  • NIPT was brought up by my doctor but my husband and i found out the test isn't covered by my insurance and would have cost us $3900 out of pocket. The doctor said it's no problem not to do it, as this is a low risk pregnancy and I'm only 22.
  • edited May 2019
    So I ordered a sneak peak early dna test and we just got the results in today. It’s a girl!!! I’m over the moon with excitement!  We will be having a ultrasound in about 6 weeks to confirm results 
  • @babybellsmommie I did SneakPeek too and it was right. Congrats! 
  • rae605rae605 member
    @babybellsmommie exciting! I thought about doing SneakPeak but didn't end up doing it. I am dying to find out what we are having! I've got a while to wait:) 
  • blg116blg116 member
    We were really hoping for a girl because babys cousins are boys and theres no girls this generation..... But early ultrasound showed it's a boy. Very, very clearly. Like kid flopped onto his back and spread his legs. So, now my concern is if hes already showing off his junk in the womb, we are gonna have our hands full when hes a teenager 🤣

We have the Natera test sitting on the kitchen counter, but ultimately decided against it. I'm a high stress, occasionally obsessive FTM, and I just knew that if I did the testing it wouldn't bring me any sort of peace of mind. Need to ask my doctor if I'm still going to be billed for any of it since i didnt use it or how that works out. 
  • @angieeeeee Did they do the actual bloodwork? If they did, you're going to get billed. Do you have the results of the tests in the envelope? Personally, I would assume they are low risk if no one has approached you for further testing. I find it weird a nurse didn't give you the results over the phone. I guess each practice does it differently.