October 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms 4/8

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/8

• My urine test came back on the patient portal after-hours today with a specific gravity at the highest end of normal and trace amounts of ketones. Now I'm nervous until I can call tomorrow to figure out what, if anything, I should worry about. Blah. Sounds like I'm a wee bit dehydrated, but Iono.
    DD 10/2019
  • Loading the player...
  • @nachellebeck13 I'm so sorry. So happy the Dr can see you Tuesday morning.

The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @meagan-t try not to stress! I had ketones last year when I ended up in the ER for constant headaches (MWs wanted to rule out pre-e and HELLP). The ER docs comment was that my diet was bad 🙄
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Thank you for the reassurance, @cmbt2. I knew for the past week or so that I probably wasn't drinking enough - which I've always had a problem with - and that my diet could be better. It's not that I was drinking a lot of bad stuff, I just don't typically drink a lot of anything. Yesterday I was beginning to feel a bit better, so I ramped up my water intake since it wasn't making my stomach gurgle as much anymore. I just don't want to be chastised when I'm already feeling crummy and just trying to get through. 😬
    DD 10/2019
  • I got my next appointment, originally scheduled for the 15, moved to tomorrow. My progesterone levels slightly dipped last week. The doctor’s office didn’t seem worried but my PGAL brain was triggered. So 🤞🏻🤞🏻 I get to hear a strong heartbeat tomorrow
    Good luck today!! Sending lots of good vibes your way for a strong HB.
  • spent the weekend in Florida...my legs are so fucking burnt. My legs have NEVER been burnt in my life. But apparently, pregnancy can cause some people's skin to be far more sensitive. Lucky me. I literally worked from home yesterday because my legs are swollen to the point that it hurts to walk. I have been slathering aloe on like 5 times a day lol
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @junebabyh, you can do it! I believe in you! 
  • @longhairdntcare aloe is good, you can also try tea bags. I know it sounds silly, but the tea bags will help with the pain. You boil them and let them know and then just rub them on your legs. Trust me it helps :) Hope you feel better!
  • spent the weekend in Florida...my legs are so fucking burnt. My legs have NEVER been burnt in my life. But apparently, pregnancy can cause some people's skin to be far more sensitive. Lucky me. I literally worked from home yesterday because my legs are swollen to the point that it hurts to walk. I have been slathering aloe on like 5 times a day lol
    Poor gal! I have never been sunburnt in my life either, I always tan really easily. The other day I sat outside reading a book for 30 minutes and my arms and chest turned bright red. Going to have to up my sunscreen game during the pregnancy I guess! Hope the aloe gives you some relief soon.
  • I just want frozen cokes. I live in the country so it’s not like I can run down the street and get one. I stick a bottle in the freezer but it’s not the same 😔 That is all. 
  • My body is being so dumb right now. When my AC is set to 72, I'm freezing and shivering. I bumped it up to 74, and now I'm so sweaty my bra is sticking to me. Make up your mind!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @nachellebeck13 I’m so sorry for your loss. I can’t even imagine how all over the place your feelings must be. Please take care of yourself. I’m happy to hear that Baby B was so active for you and is doing well
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @nachellebeck13 I’m sorry ❤️

I’m glad baby B is doing great! (And my tech this time gave a guess at 12w, too, and it was correct, so you never know!)
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • @nachellebeck13 Terribly sorry for your loss, but thrilled for you that Baby B is so healthy and active!
  • @cmbt2 @jenferlee82 Thank you ladies for the well wishes. We got a strong heartbeat right off the bat so I’m assuming all is well ❤️
    Yay!! So happy to hear this. ❤️
  • @nachellebeck13 What a roller coaster of emotions you must be on. I’m so sorry for your loss, but happy to hear that Baby B is active and healthy.  
  • @melanier26, very happy for your good appointment today. I hope you are feeling  a bit more confident now ❤
  • @nachellebeck13, I'm so very sorry for your loss of Baby A. Sending you lots of love and hugs, and vibes for the continued health of Baby B. ❤
  • @nachellebeck13 I am so sorry about baby a but very happy to hear that baby b is thriving! Hoping everything works out the way your OB is saying it should.
  • @nachellebeck13 I’m so sorry for your loss ☹️ I’m glad to hear baby B is doing well! I’m sure it’s such conflicting emotions coming out of that appointment, I agree with others, be sure to practice some self care and process as you need to ❤️
  • @Schumerator I think it’s to risky personally unless you have someone you could potentially give the tickets too. The end of pregnancy is so unpredictable 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• I'm with @kindbytealikat, @Schumerator. But that being said, I can't say I wouldn't be tempted to see Cher if I was in a similar situation. Thankfully she's coming in May this year, just before my birthday, so my husband, baby, and I can see her during the second trimester. 😂
    DD 10/2019
  • Sooo idk if anyone else is a big Celine Dion fan but she announced she’s going back on tour... I’m in Ohio and she will be in Cincinnati October 24th... due October 29th... risk it?! 😆 I’ve alwaysss wanted to see her and I don’t want to miss my shot! Also, I was just telling this to MH and he starts singing “and iiiiiiiii will alwaaaays love yoooou!” And I was like that’s not Celine and he said yes it is and I said ummm no that’s Whitney Houston and he goes whatever they sound the same 😮 I can’t even look at him right now, I’m so appalled lol 
    I was watching Amy Schumers pregnancy standup thing on Netflix last weekend and I was totally irritated at how far along she was because she's due in October and in my BMB, what gives?
    ....took me a while.

• Snaps816 said:
    On my previous BMB we had a "Stupid sh*t people say" thread and this would certainly fall under that category. 

Conversation with a lady in my building I've never seen or spoken to in my life:
    Lady: Can I help you with that door? You've really got your hands full!
    Me: No thanks, I've got it. I'm used to it. 
    Lady: Yeah, you must be by now, looks like you're pretty far along. What do you have,  two months to go?
    Me? Er, no, more like 6 months to go. 
    Lady: (eyes get wide, stares at my belly, mouth agape) That's only 3 months? Oh my God! That's going to be a big baby! 
    Me, walking away, very irritated: Yeah, who knows?
    Lady, calling after me from way down the hall: Hey, maybe it's twins?

RUDE. I'm surprised she didn't ask me if I knew who the father was, just to cover all the rude bases. I don't feel bad about getting big while pregnant. It's normal and natural. Since it's my second, my belly has popped pretty early, but that's ok. That being said, I don't appreciate being gawked at like I'm some kind of freak. Hopefully I will go back to never seeing or hearing from this lady. 
    OMFG so rude.

• @nachellebeck13 I'm so sorry about baby A. All the PP said it better than I could have. Take the time to process. So happy for you about baby B!

• @grapeskittles4lyfe hahaha nice! I need to watch that I’ve heard it’s hilarious! I’m probably the least creative person in the world and I happened to be watching something with her in it however many years ago when I created my account and “schumerator” popped into my head 🤷🏼‍♀️ I was like alright good enough! 
  • @nachellebeck13 I can’t imagine the push/pull of emotions. I’m sorry for the loss of baby A and am glad baby B is healthy and strong. 

@Snaps816 that is SO rude 🤬
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker