TFAS w/o 4/8

2»

Re: TFAS w/o 4/8

• Options
    What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 1ish/NTNP

WTO/TWW? NTNP

Ages of other child(ren)? 15 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I should've temped from the beginning. I'm driving myself crazy with CM speculation lol. I should've known I would have no chill.

Any questions? Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag: We had a great weekend. MIL was in town (and I love my MIL!) and we just had a lot of fun. But yesterday when I picked DD up from daycare she showed me that she now knows what 'no' means and likes to yell it at me. She also started hitting (me and the dogs) so that's fun.

GTKY: What is your kid's current favorite toy? Babies and cars. She has a baby doll she loves and this car that you pull back and it goes forward. She loves to bring it to me and have me make it go across the room. She calls all cars (or things with wheels) a "go go." We combined her love of these things by buying her a stroller for her baby doll this weekend, so now she can yell go go while pushing her baby in the stroller.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mercury94mercury94 member
    edited April 2019
    @MrsVP614 We’re filling ours with fruit snacks, Goldfish, and stickers.

Edited because words are hard. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    @MJDsquared Because life is cruel lately, DS is back at school, but I’m home with HFM.

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @marebear15 Making friends as an adult is terrifying!  Also, I felt like I needed to start all over again after we had kids because I didn't have a lot of "mom friends".  Thankfully, I found an equally as awkward local mom whose son went to daycare with my son, and we've developed a wonderful friendship, but I don't have many local mom friends.  It's so hard!!!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @marebear15 I totally get it! It takes me months every time we move to work up enough courage to start over again. I’m sure it will be great 🙂. 
  • Options
    @marebear15 Mom friends are so hard. We have so few friends with kids around the same age as DS. The couple we are closest too, the mom is a SAHM and that’s hard too, because we want to do stuff on a different schedule. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    phoebe828phoebe828 member
    edited April 2019
    @marebear15 I hope she messages you back! Making mom friends is SO hard. I’m friends with the moms of a few kids in DD’s class but it took a while, and she’ll go to kdg in the fall and I’ll have to start all over again. 
  • Options
    @marebear15 my heart is racing with you!  Goodness, it is so freakin' hard to make mom friends!  It takes so much more effort.  

@MJDsquared I've never heard of that app! That's great but also hilarious that this thing has to exist! haha
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    @MJDsquared I'm glad you had a good weekend with MIL. The latest updates just came out. The pup is up and walking for short bits. Seems like he is doing well so far, but has a long road ahead of him. Our community has raised $30,000 in basically 24 hours for his medical bills. It should cover the amount for the surgeries and immediate care, but all of the care he will need for recovery will add up too.

@marebear15 Mom dating is so hard.

@mercury94 Oh man, I hope you recover quickly from HFM.

AFM... I am on Day 8 of being sick, day 3 with no voice. I finally was able to get in at my primary's office yesterday after work and am on antibiotics now. I can tell they are doing something because my face is killing me now. They didn't diagnose me with anything, but figured we will try the antibiotics.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child? 2 yrs 11m

Any thoughts about this cycle? Seems to have been a washout! Husband has been travelling practically half the days of FW.

Any questions? Nope!

Rant/Rave/Brag: No!!!

GTKY: What is your kid's current favorite toy? Cars, cars and more cars... specifically all varieties of Lightening McQueen! 🙈
  • Options
    Agree with everyone up there - Mom friends are HARD!  I’ve lucked out with a Sunday school class that has lots of offspring, but even then a lot of them are older kids (or have older siblings) and so don’t really match up right for play dates. 
  • Options
    @kpearse99 he’s 16 months old and loves frozen Gogurt and applesauce. He’s normally a great eater, but he’s obviously in pain and rejects a lot of foods at the moment. He will also take oatmeal, Cheerios, Puffs, deli meat, strawberries, shredded cheese, bananas, grapes, the occasional piece of bread, sweet potatoes, and veggie straws. He is pretty much rejecting everything else. His teeth take forever to fully come in. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @Pranks my DS is all about Lightening McQueen too :)
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• Options
    @MJDsquared thank you. I think I needed to hear this too. 

@mercury94  nooo I’m so sorry about the HFM

as for me, I’m having a day. I was rear ended on my way to work this morning (no visible damage that I can see but need to get it checked out to be sure). And then after I picked DD up at daycare I came home and promptly threw up. She’s never seen anyone do that (besides herself) and I think it really freaked her out but she patted me on the shoulder while it was happening. It was really sweet. DH is out of town but luckily my mom is a saint and came over after watching my niece all day to take care of DD until bedtime. I hope this is gone by tomorrow because I really need to go to work. I’m pretty sure it came from DD because she threw up once on Sunday morning but she was fine after so hopefully mine is short lived too. 
  • Options
    Thanks for all the egg ideas ladies!

@marebear15 Let us know how your date proposal went! It is nerve-wracking!
    @bows22 Sorry about the wreck and sick kiddo!

A kid bit DS on his arm yesterday at daycare. *eye roll* This is the second, maybe third time it's happened. I just hope he doesn't learn to do the same. 
    Confusion over here. I started spotting very faintly yesterday, a few days early for AF and it's been about 24 hours and still no full blown AF, which is weird. I'm counting myself out, but it's strange to be early and means LP was much shorter than usual. I'm kind of hoping AF just goes ahead and picks up so I can get it over with. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    @bows22 Oh no, what a horrible day!  I hope you feel better ASAP!  Also sorry about the accident, but glad you're okay!

@MrsVP614 There was a kid in DS's class who bit someone basically every day.  It was awful, but it's a very normal phase.  It eventually went away, and now it has been many months since he has been bitten (knock on wood).  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @shamrocandroll thank you! I’m feeling better today. Not amazing but I’ll take it. 

@marebear15 also curious how the momprosal went! 
  • Options
    @bows22 - Answering your questions from Monday: DH built a swing set in our backyard last summer, but DD didn't like it until this summer. Also, I wouldn't care what my job thought about getting pregnant/having a baby/maternity leave. The job isn't as important as my family is to me.

@kbrown2385 - Which doors are you having trouble with? Growing up, my dad switched the doorknobs on our bedroom doors, so the locks were on the outside, not the inside.

@puppylove8910 - Welcome to our corner of TTGP! I hope your stay is short! I can't wait to hear DD say "I love you."

@MrsVP614 - DD's grandparents always do the Easter egg hunt, and they have candy and money for the older grandkids, and goldfish and stickers for the younger kids.

@MJDsquared - I'm also on a CM-only cycle and so far AF hasn't started yet and this was my last speculated day for AF to start. 🤷 How's your Peanut mom going?

Update on the mom-date! She responded to my message, lives literally a block away, and we have a playdate set up for the first Saturday that we both are free!! I really hope we hit it off!
  • Options
    @bows22 so crazy about your day yesterday!!  I'm happy to hear you are on the mend, and isn't it great to have your mom live so close by?  I count my lucky stars everyday that I have parents nearby that can watch DS when things like that come up.  My mom had him last weekend when I got hit with the stomach bug and kept him over night, which was a huge help!
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    @bows22 Love-titted your post for your response to me, but I'm so sorry about the wreck and your sickness!

@marebear15 We're still messaging back and forth! I think some day we want to meet at a park that's central to us both, but the weather has been crap lately. If this weekend is nice maybe it will happen. That's amazing she's only a block away! You'll have to let us know how it goes!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    @kpearse99 it really is amazing to have my parents close by.  DD adores my mom which makes it so nice and easy to hand her off when I need to. I’m sorry that you got hit with the stomach bug too. Are they more common at this time of year? DH and I had one a couple of weeks ago too. I’ve never been sick so much in my life. 
  • Options
    @bows22 I'm not really sure - I think with the constant change in weather that maybe germs are more easily spread?  Who knows, but I'm like you too - I got hit with a stomach bug a month ago and then this past weekend and I typically don't get sick like that!  The last time I had a stomach bug was over 4 years ago!  I do know that there is something going around, as well as strep (which DS is just getting over), pretty hard core right now.  I sanitized my entire house last week!
    Our TTC Journey

• Options

Sorry I’ve been MIA this week – been super busy!

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 3

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 1

Any thoughts about this cycle? I am doing OPKs and trying to temp (see question below). Still early in my cycle though so not much thoughts. OPKs are currently at about 20-25% so don’t think I’m close to O yet.

Any questions? So what do you consider waking up that would effect temps? One night, DD started crying which woke me up but I didn’t get up (I temped then because it was roughly 3 hours since I fell asleep but marked it as sleep deprived). Last night I had some night terrors (thinking DD was in the bed – happens about once a week. My husband usually gets assaulted because of it lol) so I didn’t temp at all. Essentially the last couple of nights I haven’t really gotten a full 3-hour stretch of sleep. Should I just set a temp time and stick to it then mark as sleep deprived or should I try to temp when I’ve woken up knowing I got a 3 hour stretch?

Rant/Rave/Brag: So much going on getting ready for DD’s party and guests this weekend. I’m exhausted and stressed. Hoping that O holds off until this craziness of a weekend is over. DD had her 1-year check up today and she grew like a weed. They had to measure her twice because she jumped from the 33% to the 78% for height but stayed about the same percentile for weight.

GTKY: What is your kid's current favorite toy? She loves Little People, cars, and books.

@kpearse99 – I hope you’ve been enjoying your new work schedule this week!

@marebear15 – sorry I didn’t respond last week but I’m so happy that they test results for DD were good! My DD also loves to be outside – especially to play with the neighbor kids. Also yay for making a playdate with a new mom!

@shamrocandroll – Yay for being off the bench! GL! Love the mom ad!

@madcouplewithabox – FX for this cycle since you gave it your all!

@holly321 – FX for your symptoms being a good sign. I hope y’all are doing better this week than last.

@m6agua – I hope you are feeling better.

@icking82 – sorry you are feeling pessimistic about this cycle. I’m glad camping went good last weekend.

@mercury94 – ugh sorry about FF being wrong and that DS has HFM. I hope he’s better by now. Good job with the weight loss!

@spacemountaineer – Ah I hope DS’s sleeping has gotten better or gets better soon. A bad sleeping baby is so difficult – been there and I’m sure I’ll be there again soon.

@bows22 – enjoy this time of year! I hope you find some clarity on what you should do about this cycle and timing with work. I don’t have any advice really sorry! Also sorry about the bad day, I hope it gets better.

@kbrown2385 – Sorry not advice about the door locks but I hope you find a solution ASAP. That touch a truck event sounds really fun!

@puppylove8910 – OMG I cannot wait until DD can say I love you back. We say it to her all the time and sometimes she makes noises like she’s responding so we pretend she’s saying it back to make ourselves feel better but to actually hear her actually say it…! I’m so jealous of you right now lol

@NYTino24 – I hope DS is feeling better!

@mrsvp614 – GL with your event on Saturday.

@MJDsquared – I’m right there with you going crazy with CM speculation. I had to start doing more this cycle because I was more stressed about it than I would be if I just knew for sure.

@pranks – Sorry that your DH was traveling during FW.

Married: August 2014
    TTC #1: February 2017 - BFP 7/28/17; EDD 4/8/18; DD born 4/7/18
    TTC #2: February 2019
  • Options
    @justkeepswimming8 I still saw a temp shift by temping at the same time every day even if it was <less than 3 hours sleep. At first I took both temps and put the other in the notes section (so if I woke up at 3 I would take my temp then and then go back to sleep and take it at 5 which was my normal temp time). But then I noticed that the 5:00 temps seemed to make more sense no matter what. I was also temping vaginally if that makes a difference. 

good luck with the party preparations and I hope you have so much fun celebrating your DD this weekend!
  • Options
    @justkeepswimming8 no advice or knowledge on temping but I just wanted to say that I hope this weekend goes great and that your DD has an incredible time!  I can't wait to hear how everything went!
    Our TTC Journey

• Options
    Based on the interest in @spacemountaineer 's sweet DIY sandbox, I wanted to put this out there as a PSA.  This is a deal on Zulily right now, but there are only 5 left!  Really good price!!!

https://www.zulily.com/p/strongbox-square-sandpit-370421-40651641.html?ref=klevu_autocomplete
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19