TTC After a Loss
Options

April TWW

Re: April TWW

• Options
    @mackorori congrats and fx!
  • Options
    @mackorori congrats, that’s excellent news!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That’s great news @mackorori!!! Congrats!!!
  • Options
    @mackorori great news!!  
  • Options
    I tested again today, and it was a BFN, which I expected.  I am still early, but not too hopeful about this cycle anyway. 
  • Options
    I had a big temp drop this morning at 13 DPO so I’m out.   We are going to a fundraiser in two weeks that is raffling off an IVF cycle.  So unless we win that, we will try again this cycle and one more time before calling it quits.  I gave myself until my birthday which is end of May.  
  • Options
    @Mack2342 keeping my fingers crossed for you! You’ve been a lot of support for me and I just want to see this work out for you! 
  • Options
    @Mack2342 FX for your IVF raffle. I haven't decided if this cycle or next will be our last, but we're close to the end too. It's such a hard decision to make. <3
  • Options
    Thanks @char245 and @ruby696.   It’s been a year and half since I was last pregnant so I feel like it’s not going to happen.  Plus I will be 44 next month and the older I get the harder this is.  I’m not sure what I will fill my time with though lol.  
  • Options
    @Mack2342 I'm *only* 38, but with all this fertility treatment, I've realized my ovaries are nearly useless at this point. Getting a good egg would be a miracle. So what's the point of spending so much money and all the heartache? I won't know what to do with myself when we're done though. 
  • Options
    @Mack2342 and @ruby696 making that call is so hard. We are still currently benched anyway as I'm still spotting from my d&c but we have agreed we can't put our relationship through this again. And yet somehow I'm still on this board, not admitting it to myself. I'm sure once the spotting stops and we've had one cycle, I'll be back to thinking maybe just one more try. Ugh. 
  • Options
    @40momma with my last MC I said no more the day I was sitting in REs office and learned it wasn’t viable.   However, two weeks after DC I said let’s try again.   I think finally saying we are done is going to be a little easier for me bc we haven’t been pregnant for over a year.  That’s the longest we have gone since our TTC journey began. So I’ve already accepted it’s not going to happen for us.  @ruby696 that’s how I feel and why we didn’t go IVF route however if we win this raffle I will totally do it as we would just be out the medication money 

@40momma it will be hard for me to stay off this board after we officially say we are done.  Unfortunately some of us have been on here so long that I will feel like I’m losing friends lol.  
  • Options
    ruby696ruby696 member
    edited April 2019
    @Mack2342 and @40momma I said no more after this round, but I have an extra cartridge of Follistim in my fridge that I paid for, so now I'm like, I'd only need to pay for one more cartridge, plus two US's and another dose of pregnyl to trigger with, so maybe one more round.... MH is a good sport, but I think he's pretty ready to be done.

Eta: words 
  • Options
    @ruby696 when I was doing IUIs that’s exactly how I talked myself into more rounds because I had the medicine so no need to waste it 
  • Options
    @Mack2342 Tomorrow will be mybsecond IUI. Isn't 3 the magic number? Like if it hasn't worked by the third time, it's probably not going to?
  • Options
    @ruby696 for me the 3rd time worked but then of course I lost it.  Two sperm fertilized that one so we said one more go.  We ended up doing 5 cycles following my MC mainly bc I had the medicine but also RE timing was way off after MC so the first 2 cycles after MC were an absolute waste!   None of them worked after MC.  GL tomorrow! I hope this works for you! 
  • Options
    @Mack2342 and @ruby696 isn't it crazy the 'excuses' we can convince ourselves of. So many what ifs that we just keep going. Good luck with these last attempts
  • Options
    Well I go here now. 1 dpiui. During the procedure my doctor told me I really need to consider IVF, which will run about $18k with the meds I'll need. There's no way we can justify spending that kind of money. So I feel like the decision to stop has been made for us. It's almost easier that way. 
  • Options
    I’m out. AF arrived today.  

@ruby696 our RE basically told us same thing and that’s about how much it would cost us too.  He really said I should use donor eggs which adds to the price tag.  No thanks 
  • Options
    @Mack2342 So sorry for AF. I have an appointment with my RE after betas to discuss next steps. Uh... so I'm supposed to pay for another consult just to tell you I'm not doing IVF and then listen as you try to convince me to try another IUI round which you've just said won't work? Okay...
  • Options
    @ruby696 this process shouldn’t be so expensive!!  It’s annoying.  GL this cycle. 
  • Options
    @Mack2342 sorry about the witch arriving. I hate that you're on a countdown.

@ruby696 it's so not fair that on top of all of the crap we go through, we then also have to pay money to just have our hearts broken again. Crossing my fingers so hard for you
  • Options
    @40momma yeah but at almost 44 and nothing has happened in over a year I just keep saying what is the point 
  • Options
    TW

Got a BFP this weekend but I think the lines are getting lighter. Going in for betas this morning but it’s not looking good... I’ll keep you all posted. 
  • Options
    FX so hard for you this morning @char245
  • Options
    @char245 thinking about you this morning! Fx!!
  • Options
    @char245 thinking of you today!

I’m here now. I O’d on Easter - that must be a good sign, right? Now just strapped in for the ride until I hit 10 dpo...
    Me, 35, SO 35.
    Personal assistant to one 10 year-old fur baby (cat, pictured).
    Human baby #1 EDD Feb 11, 2020
    BFP July 12, 2018 - CP
    BFP December 7, 2018 - CP
  • Options
    FX so hard for you @char245 <3
  • Options
    Just got the call, beta came back at 15. They want me to come back on Thursday but we all know where this is going... I’ll be over at WTO soon  :|
  • Options
    Sorry @char245.  Still keeping positive thoughts for you 
  • Options
    @char245 I'm so sorry you're going through this.
  • Options
    I'm sorry @char245. Sending love  <3
  • Options
    @char245 I'm so sorry. Be kind to yourself 
  • Options
    I'm sorry @char245 , sending warm thoughts. 
    Me, 35, SO 35.
    Personal assistant to one 10 year-old fur baby (cat, pictured).
    Human baby #1 EDD Feb 11, 2020
    BFP July 12, 2018 - CP
    BFP December 7, 2018 - CP
  • Options
    So yesterday I got a bfn at 7dpo...I know, I know, that was way too early to test, but I had a temp shift so thought "omg! Triphasic!" (Btw temp dropped today so af should be here any second) Normally, I temp until I get my CH and maybe a few more days and then stop until just after af. Do you guys usually temp through your whole cycle? And if so, is there any information to really learn from that? 
  • Options
    @splashmountain I temp through my entire cycle, but mostly because it bugs me to have an incomplete chart. I don't think I've really learned anything about my cycle from it that actually matters.
  • Options
    That's kinda what I was thinking @ruby696 I temped the whole way through when I first started temping and then thought, no need, but my OB is going to start some testing next month so I thought, what the heck, I'll just keep going. But that temp spike yesterday (that couldn't have had anything to do with the fact that yesterday was in the 90s) messed with my head. I honestly haven't taken an hpt in a long time since my LP is so short. 
  • Options
    ruby696ruby696 member
    edited April 2019
    @splashmountain A drop today doesn't mean you're out. Maybe test again on Friday. I've attached one of my prior charts for you.  TW: BFP chart in spoiler.

Eta: fix screen shot

• Options
    @splashmountain  FX it’s just too early