TTC After a Loss
Options

April WTO

Me: 31 DH: 31
  <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
CP 3/2019

Re: April WTO

• Options
    CD10 for me.  Going to see a naturopathic doctor today to see if they have any advice for managing hypothyroidism and liver issues.  I’m thinking I have another UTI which is strange.  I had one in December (after not having one for 10 years) and I had a super long annovulatory cycle then.  I’m hoping that doesn’t happen again.
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy hope the appt with the naturopath goes well today! I’ve considered looking into one regarding my fertility issues. 

AFM I’m cd 14 and got my first positive opk today. Just waiting for confirmation from ff. We were on the fence about trying this cycle due to dh’s SA but didn’t prevent last night (whoops 😬).  Since there’s a chance this cycle can work lll start using progesterone once o is confirmed. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy hope the appointment goes well!

@kbrown2385 hope this is a lucky month for you!

AFM I’m here somewhere, not tracking again this month. 
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy love the Tom Petty gif! I hope your appointment helps!
    @kbrown2385 hoping you won't need that SA bc this month works out 
    @char245 same.... 

hanging out in WTO. Not really sure where I am, but I am temping. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    Hi guys! I've intro'd before but figured I'd just re introduce myself here instead of starting a new thread.

I've been here on and off since my first loss 12/2016. Took a break from ttc for about 9 months or so. Got ku and had a cp back in July 2018 and have been ttc ever since. Today I'm cd 5. I started temping back in October and I've noticed that the past few months my lp has gotten shorter and shorter so I have a call in to my ob to get in for an appointment.

@SpongeWorthy good luck at your appt today
    @kbrown2385 fx for this cycle
    @char245 and @chichiphin gl to you both 
  • Options
  • Options
    @splashmountain welcome back, hope your ob has some helpful answers for you!
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 Good luck!  Hoping you get that temp rise soon!
    @splashmountain Welcome back, although I'm sorry you're still around.  Were you on the July 17 BMB by any chance?

My appointment was...interesting...to say the least.  She's pretty sure I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, which is not a huge shocker.  But it's still sad to hear that I have an autoimmune disease.  She also wants me to do a 180 on my diet to a Keto diet.  So basically going from a higher carb vegetarian diet to a zero carb meat heavy diet.  And she wants us to stop TTC until I can get my issues more under control.  She thinks there is a definite link between my health problems and the birth defects DS had, which is heartbreaking.  I'm not sure how I feel about everything yet.  I do feel like I have some underlying issues that aren't being addressed by my current doctors.  But I also doubt some of her claims, like her claim that I won't have to eat at a calorie deficit to lose weight if I switch to a Keto diet.
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy hopefully you get things squared away soon.  

AFM, I’ve had 3 days of positive OPKs.  Slight temp increase yesterday and an increase again today. I had cramping yesterday so I think I Od yesterday 
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy glad your appt went well yesterday. I did the keto diet for 6 months and lost 61lbs so it definitely works. I will add that it is not something that you can necessarily come off of. I went off the diet due to losses/depression and gained a good amount of the weight back. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 Thanks!  Wow 61lbs!  I’m just starting to do some research and i’ve heard similar things - it has to be a true lifestyle change or it won’t work.  I’m hopeful that it can help lower inflammation and that I’m able to regulate my thyroid through diet instead of medication.  We’ll see!!
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies 😊

@SpongeWorthy yes, I was on the July 17 bmb with my first loss, good memory. And I'm sorry about your doctor's appointment. Good luck moving forward and with keto.

Thanks @char245 I'm meeting with her on Friday and hoping she can get me some answers
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy wow, great to be getting some answers but I totally understand how that must be a bit overwhelming. Completely changing your diet is not easy, at least it hasn’t been for me! I know we can do it but I’m taking my time changing everything! 
  • Options
    I’m heading over to TWW
  • Options
    I had my appointment with my ob on friday and she said my wonky cycles are probably to do with my weight loss (I started weight watchers in January and have lost 34 pounds) she said to start using opks and we'll do some labs in the next few months if that hasn't helped us.

My question for you guys is do you recommend testing multiple times a day? I got my wondfos yesterday and the packet says only once, but I know some people do more than that.
  • Options
    @splashmountain I’d actually recommend Pregmate OPKs as they are easier to read. I test around 10 am and around 2-4pm when I should be reaching my FW, rather than once a day. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    I go here now. CD1. Will start FSH this round. At least this half of my cycle goes by quickly.  :)
  • Options
    Thanks @chichiphin I just automatically ordered the wondfos since I've heard that name a million times on tb, but I'll check out the pregmates when these run out. And thanks for answering my question. I've never used opks before but it can't hurt to give it a shot....add it to the list of everything else I'm doing lol
  • Options
    I test twice morning and afternoon @splashmountain
  • Options
    Thanks @Mack2342 I'm definitely going to start testing twice a day
  • Options
    @splashmountain I also have wondfos but mainly rely on advanced clear blue.  They give you the rise in the hormones before getting the true positive.  I like that better.   But I still use the wondfos with them.  
  • Options
    Sweet, good to know @Mack2342 I really appreciate the tips. 
  • Options
    Hi ladies! I'm here now, CD4 in our 12th cycle TTC and our 4th cycle after my last CP, the third of which using progesterone and FIRST of which i'm using supplements other than folic acid, after some of you recommended "It Starts with the Egg". Now on 1000 mcg of methylfolate, 400mcg CoQ10, Vitamin E & Vitamin C. I figured it couldn't hurt but I feel like the CoQ10 might be too much? It made me restless at night if I took it in the evening and yesterday when I tried 200mcg when I woke up and 200mcg at lunch I felt like I was going out of my mind and felt like passing out at my desk. Did any of you get weird side effects if you are on that supplement?

Also, i'm going to sit my partner down today and let him know i'm going to start temping this cycle. I've been avoiding it, I wake up a lot at night and I feel like my temp would be all over the place -- but with the progesterone I want to be 110% sure i'm not blocking O and I feel like it might give me more insights. Tips for charting newbies?

Wish me luck this month. My fertile period lands smack dab on easter when my partner and I are going to be sleeping on a futon in his family's living room so reallllllyyy looking forward to that. 
    Me, 35, SO 35.
    Personal assistant to one 10 year-old fur baby (cat, pictured).
    Human baby #1 EDD Feb 11, 2020
    BFP July 12, 2018 - CP
    BFP December 7, 2018 - CP
  • Options
    @kaeineurope Have you thought about using Ava for charting purposes? It would probably help give you consistent temps if you have random wakeup times. Also, I take Ubiquinol which is better for TTC than CoQ10. I take 100mg twice a day and I don't have any side effects.
  • Options
    @ruby696 yes! I have thought a lot about ava as well. I'm just a bit weird about sleeping with stuff on, even clothing (TMI sorry :wink: ). Even delicate jewelry like a small necklace just irritates me at night. So my feeling is that a bracelet wouldn't be the best route for me which is why I have been avoiding going that route. My thought was to try temping with a simple old bbt thermometer and take it from there. But I would prefer something more discreet as the idea of doing this in front of my partner every morning is a bit anxiety inducing. 
    Me, 35, SO 35.
    BFP July 12, 2018 - CP
  • Options
    I go here now. AF came today. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    Welcome @chichiphin. CD3 for me.
  • Options
    @kaeineurope it took me a while to start temping too, but I love having the information. And as far as your SO goes, MH gets up and leaves for work before me every morning. He kisses me goodbye and hands me my bbt. If you're weirded out about it, maybe try making him a part of the experience, then it's something you're working on together. Good luck!
  • Options
    @kaeineurope I wake up quite a bit throughout the night but I have found that as long as I take it around the same time each morning it works.  I take mine orally and it works all the same 
  • Options
    40momma40momma member
    edited April 2019
    I second the Ubiquinol over the CoQ10. From what I've researched, the Ubiquinol is much better for TTC. I also had a pretty fast heart rate and waking through the night when I first started so I cut my dose in half and then I was fine. 

*Edited for fat fingers
  • Options
    @40momma Thanks! It’s good to know that I’m not the only one who has had this kind of reaction — because everything I keep reading keeps talking about how safe it is and how there seems to be no upper limit to dosage. 

@mack2342 good to know there is another restless sleeper on here for whom the temping thing works. I feel more confident about trying it now. Do you use a particular app to track bbt? I used clue till now but I think maybe something like fertility friend is better?

@splashmountain your totally right. I’m sure he would be on board it’s  just me who feels self conscious about involving him. It took me forever to tell him I was using OPKs. I guess my thinking was always - why bother stressing us both out when I can do this discreetly?
    Me, 35, SO 35.
    BFP July 12, 2018 - CP
  • Options
    @kaeineurope I use fertility friend 
  • Options
    @kaeineurope Fertility Friend, although it looks very old school compared to newer apps, is my go to. I pay for VIP as well. 

AFM - I'm so annoyed. I had 100% AF yesterday and was SO excited bc it was my first one post-d&e, exactly 4 weeks after. And now nothing today? Wtf! I have an RE appt tomorrow, hoping they can give me answers. I assume this is bc my lining 2 weeks post-d&e was abysmal, so I guess less to come out then?
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    @mack2342 @chichiphin downloaded. although, of course, forgot to temp this morning.  B)
    Me, 35, SO 35.
    BFP July 12, 2018 - CP
  • Options
    Hi ladies, anybody still in here with me? Still WTO but all signs point to that happening within the next 2-3 days, which would be awesome because it's before we depart for southern Italy to visit family on saturday morning, and means we don't need to worry about BDing on a futon in the middle of the living room with no locks on the doors... :-)

I've been feeling pretty down since the start of this cycle, maybe because we are finally at the 12 month mark, maybe its because I spent countless hours dreaming up all of the cool ways we'd announce a pregnancy to SO's extended family over easter, or perhaps because I kept telling myself "of course it will happen before christmas" that became "of course it will happen by easter".... My niece is also coming up on her 1st birthday at the end of this month, which reminds both of us of how long we've been at this, because her coming into this world was the whole reason we decided to finally start TTC in the first place. Finally, while SO always played it cool when AF arrived and was the first to be skeptical of my BFPs that become CPs, now I dread telling him at the end of the month that we're out yet again, because I can just see the disappointment in his face.

Sorry for the depressing post. Just needed to vent.

Hopefully all of these supplements me & SO are now taking will work some magic this cycle, though its early. Perhaps just the psychological reset of doing something different.

Me, 35, SO 35.
    BFP July 12, 2018 - CP
  • Options
    @kaeineurope I know just what you mean, for some reason I set all these arbitrary deadlines where I’m sure we will be pregnant by then. Then those deadlines roll around and I’m super disappointed all over again! I’m trying really hard to be less “controlling” and obsessive about TTC but it isn’t easy at all! I hope you O soon and have a wonderful time in Southern Italy, that just sounds so lovely! 
  • Options
    @char245 Right?!? What is it about us women? Always so super goal and deadline oriented. And these CPs have made it worse because it makes me think, well my obsessing and controlling at least got us to just past the starting line twice now, so something about that must be working! I just want to get another shot at this, because if the progesterone makes the difference then all I need is that little nudge past the starting point again... and if not -- then at least I know to keep searching for answers. I keep trying to remind myself that i'm already doing everything right in terms of BD timing etc., that conception actually isn't a rare event -- I think a lot of us tend to get down on ourselves every unsuccessful month thinking, maybe we BDed at the wrong time, or too little, or too much, or were too stressed, or had to much wine (GUILTY!). Just need to remind myself to be patient and wait for the right egg to come along, and take care of myself in the meantime. 
    Me, 35, SO 35.
    BFP July 12, 2018 - CP
  • Options
    @kaeineurope I'm still here - should O around friday. Good luck this cycle and have fun in Italy!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    edited April 2019
    @kaeineurope I'm here, for now. I got an almost positive opk last night but no temp spike this morning so still hanging on. If I o today, we have good timing, but I just found out I have gallstones and need my gallbladder removed so if I don't get ku this cycle, I'm going to be benched while I get that yanked out.

Eta forgot to add tag
  • Options
    I’m here now.  AF arrived today.  This is basically my last chance before we throw in the towel